Start by marking “Darkest Sinner” as Want to Read:
Darkest Sinner

Darkest Sinner

(The Dark Ones Saga #5)

From #1 New York Times Bestselling Author Rachel Van Dyken, comes the next stand alone in her Dark Ones series...

I've always known pain. Existence. Night.
Made a sinner.
Without a soul to keep me tethered to the world I so desperately want to be a part of but am damned to rule…
Life isn't living.
Not when everyone sees you as enemy number on
1, 350 pages
Published September 24th 2019

Ꮗ€♫◗☿ ❤️ ilikebooksbest.com ❤️
My what an awesome cover!!!

I don’t even need to read the blurb. The cover alone got me.

He sort of reminds me of a modern day “Spike” from Buffy the Vampire Slayer and Angel, who I loved
Jemima jamir aka Sentranced Jem
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars, arc-2019
Gosh did I enjoy reading Darkest Sinner.
Darkest Sinner is most definitely NOT a standalone because the secondary characters who do play a key role in this book are from The Dark Ones Sage and I don’t think you would truly appreciate the true characteristics and charisma of those characters if you haven’t read their story.

Darkest Sinner - Teaser 1.jpg

I am a sucke
Courtney
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
The Darkest Sinner is part of RVD's The Dark Ones Saga but it can easily be read as a standalone.

I have enjoyed all the books so far in this series because each story is so well developed. Timber and Kyra's story I felt wasn't as fully developed as the others so I was a bit letdown with this one. However, it's still a great story and one I thoroughly enjoyed.

RVD does a great job of explaining the backstory of who Timber and Kyra were and came to be, but I felt that their
Naughty Mom Story Time
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arcs-reviewed
Such a quick read but entertaining from start to finish. The characters are always so lively and crap me up, and their love stories see always filled with destiny, fate, turmoil, etc. - I can’t help but get lost in their word.

The Darkest Sinner brings back all of the past characters from the previous books but the main characters is one that was introduced at the end of the previous book. Timber is like a lost soul whose wandered for centuries looking for something he can’t quite find. Until he
Clare
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG, this book was freaking amazing. I have no idea how Rachel does it. Timber was everything and more and his story has been so worth the wait. I'm not saying any more than that as I don't want to spoil it for anyone but if you've read the other book then you really really have to read this. I would recommend reading the other before this as from other reviews I've seen people were getting confused, I've read all and found I following everything that happened.
Tracey Vuolo
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Let me start off by saying paranormal is not my go to genre. That being said, I could read Rachel’s all day long. I may even have a crush on Timber. Ok, I totally do. The twists and turns kept me flipping the pages, holding my breath and freaking out. The unexpected devotion this couple has for each other just gets bigger and better as the story continues. The sexual tension is through the roof. You will have a new appreciation of light vs darkness and it’s not what you might think. Darkest Sinn ...more
Steffy
Sep 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow how did I enjoy Darkest Sinner! I read most of the books of the Dark Ones series (which can be read as standalone) and it was a bit of hit and miss for me.
I was so pleasantly surprised by this opus and Timber/Kyra story. I don’t want to spoil the story but I was very impressed about the back story linking the two characters. It was a fresh take on mythology which I really enjoy and by doing so Rachel opened the door to a new character who I would love to read more about.
This book was not r
Shelley
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic😍

I have waited for Timber’s story for a good two years now and even though the characters weren’t as fresh in my mind and I didn’t have a chance for a reread like I had hoped, it didn’t take me long to pick it up again😁

Timber and Kyra are the main characters of this fantastic story and without giving anything away, he meets her at Soul, the club he owns when Tarek gives her a job as a bartender. Timber is not pleased with this, but allows it and the preceding dom
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Darkest Sinner by Rachel Van Dyken is part of The Dark Ones Saga. This is the story of Timber and Kyra. I have read some of the other books (and Loved them!) but feel this could be a standalone book. Timber is King of the Demon Race, and for some reason has a mysterious tattoo that has started growing on his hand. Timber has a bar called Soul where Kyra happens to walk into to get a job. Kyra has always felt something was missing from her life which starts to change when she meets Timber. Timber ...more
Amy
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019, 4-5-stars
4.5 Stars!
Celeste
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
for full review go to Beyond the Covers Blog here on Goodreads and check us out on Facebook
Krystal
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was ok
Let me begin by saying that although this one is billed as "the next stand-alone novel" in her Dark Ones series, it is not. In fact, I have read each previous book in this series, and I was still horribly lost with this one.

I think I know where the author was trying to go with this. And honestly? I am IN LOVE with the idea of soulmates. Of two people destined, or cursed, to roam the earth forever searching for their missing half. I am also down for having one of those people be "reborn" time an
NICUnurse Stephanie
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Darkest Sinner can be read as a stand-alone book, but you’ll be missing out on some great backstories and a lot of humor if you don’t read the first four books in the series.

Vampires, Angels, and Demons, oh my! Yep, the paranormal gang’s all back! And while I’ve loved all of The Dark Ones Saga books, I think this one is my favorite. Yes…I realize I said that about Mason’s story (Darkest Temptation), but dang it, Rachel snuck in this really hot demon king, and she had me hooked and HAVING to kno
Candace Walsh
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timber. Wow. I don’t even know where to start with him. He shocked me, in the best way possible! I fully expected him to be the full-on ass that he starts out this series being and honestly he wasn’t at all. I first read the rest of the books in the Dark Ones series about a year ago now and have been so highly anticipating Timbers book ever since and RVD did NOT disappoint!!

I think this book is intended to be able to be read as a standalone, and while I do think you can- I’d honestly
Carrie Youngcourt
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love with a Deamon and his name is Timber! I thought my favorite book was Mason's but I was ohhh so wrong!

All the gang is back to help Timber find the source of this mysterious tattoo that is growing in his hand. Timber has no real memory of his past until he comes face to face with a beautiful girl named Kyra.

Kyra is all alone her parents are off chasing the mythology, that has been drilled into her head sense she was a baby. She has no friends so when she comes to Timber's bar for a j
Keri Loves Books
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Two souls separated for hundreds of years as a curse for breaking the rules. For loving one when you were promised to another. But when your souls are apart they search for one another to be made whole. No matter the time nor the distance, the search continues until their hearts are reunited.

Timber is searching for his soul mate. She may be the only one able to save him...in more ways than one.

Kyra meets Timber at her job. She feels something immediately for him. She has
Heather
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
**I voluntarily read an early copy of this title in exchange for an honest review**

I will be the first to admit that I'm not a huge fan of paranormal romance, but I am a huge fan of Rachel Van Dyken and so I wanted to give this book a try. Turns out I really enjoyed it and it has definitely made me curious about the other books in this series. While this is part of a series, you can definitely read it as a stand alone.

Darkest Sinner had me hooked from the very beginning.
Beyond The Covers Blog
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: celeste
TIMMMBER!  I have just fallen in love with another of Rachel Van Dyken's characters.  Darkest Sinner is book 5 of the Dark Ones Saga and tells the story of Timber the King of Demons.  With familiar characters from the previous books, Timber must find and fix the cause of the tattoo that is growing from the middle of his palm and slowly taking over his body.  With the help and of course love of a beautiful woman named Kyra, Timber's friends risk everything to try and save him before all is lost.  ...more
Cheaper Than Therapy Book Blog
Sep 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
First off let me say I am IN LOVE with the Dark Ones series. I love the detail that Rachel puts in all the past chapters. I love the intricate way the stories intertwine. I love seeing the other characters mentioned because this series would not be the same without their humor. My heart will always belong to Alex and I cant believe I am about to say this but Timber is fricken HOT!! From the first day she walks into Soul needing a job Kyra is one of my favorite females. I love the idea of soulmat ...more
Kara Hildebrand (Two Book Pushers)
4.5
Darkest Sinner is a book in the Dark Ones series by the talented Rachel Van Dyken. This is Timber's story. I feel like we've been waiting for his story forever! He's a demon. He's troubled. He's changing. No one really knows what's going on with him and they are all a little scared. Then he meets Kyra and things start happening that no one can control. Who is she? What tethers them together? Are they the soul mate they've each been searching for? That's pretty much all I can say! I don'
Jenn
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Y’all. Ya know when you see a cover and it fits the story PERFECTLY? This is that cover.

Eek!! What a story!! I’m a big fan of PNR and this made me very happy. Timber has the most wild backstory that will throw you for a loop. He has suffered for YEARS and when this tattoo appears and starts growing over his skin he fears the worst. Things die around him. He doesn’t understand what’s happening or how to stop it. Then she walks into his life and all things change.

While this is the 5th book in th
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
*Received an ARC for an honest review* Wow, just wow. I wasn't sure what to expect from Timber's story, I was sure though that Ms. Van Dyken would not disappoint. The descriptions alone create such an amazing visual, they're so rich and add such a wonderful layer to the story, as well as all the interactions of all the returning characters. Rachel Van Dyken's take on the gods and the mythology of them as she spins it into her story is so unique, it made me hungry to want more, and to reach to th ...more
Cheryl Dameron
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a stand alone, even though Timber was introduced in previous Dark Ones Saga. Timber is fascinating, handsome, and a demon. In fact, he's King of the Demons. He owns a bar called "Soul". He's starting to have dreams, of Pharaohs and Egypt. Plus a tattoo that is starting to grow starting with his hand (That is the only spoiler I will tell). Enter, a human called Kyra. Short and beautiful. She needs a job. There is an attraction between the two and it centers around Timbers tattoo. Timber's ...more
Melissa
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Timber is the King of the Demon Race and Kyra is alone. All of the characters from The Dark Ones series are back in action to help him find out about the mysterious tattoos that are appearing all over him and slowly killing him. When he sees Kyra working at his bar, Soul, he begins to realize that maybe not all hope is lost.

As usual, Rachel pulls the reader into the story and holds on right. Darkest Sinner is no different. From the sexual tension to the mystery surrounding Timber and Kyra, we g
Robin
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the first book I have read from Rachel Van Dykens Dark Ones series and now I am hooked and will need to go read the others. If you have read other books written by Rachel Van Dyken outside of this series, I would note that this book is a bit of a different feel that being said...
It feels like there is a bit of everything in this book. There is a bit of mythology as far as the characters go, supernatural beings and that sort of thing. Then toss in some good mystery a bit of adventur
Emily Utsch
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh Timber.... how I loved to hate you. But I cannot do that anymore!

This book is a later book in the series. However it can be read as a stand alone. All the vital information that you need to enjoy this story is given. Though you do going more out of the story and secondary characters if you have read the previous books in the series.

Timber and that twist! I knew something else was going on, but I never saw that coming. Little hints but I never thought it would be that b
Marina Skinner
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Darkest Sinner is all about Timber. There are secrets and things are uncovered that you don't see coming. What I found was that although pnr isn't usually something I like reading, this author has a knack at sucking you into her stories and not wanting to stop reading till you finish it!
There was suspense, drama and mythical creatures, and some rather interesting back story to Timber and why he's the way he is. What is happening to him? Can no one give a clear answer? But wh
Melissa Parnell
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Timber's story was intense and beautiful and completely surprising. I don't read a lot of paranormal anymore and this book makes me want to rectify that. I loved these characters and this storyline and I loved getting to see past characters in the story as well. I was completely captivated and felt like I was part of this story with them. Rachel can write any genre and this just shows that. I can't wait for more.
Susan
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Timber. Everyone deserves a Happily Ever After. Can Timber find his? Boy does he have some secrets locked inside! What could possibly happen when you are a Demon King who owns a bar called Soul? Timber is looking for answers in all places except his past.
Kyra feels like she's missing something but isn't sure exactly what it is. She starts working at Soul when everything changes. The other immortals try to help Timber, but his only hope could lie with Kyra.
One of the great thin
Heather Carver
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it

I have loved this series so far. I even enjoyed this book. The reason I only gave it 3.5 stars is I felt it wasn’t complete. It needed more to the story.

I loved Timber and Kyra but didn’t really feel like I got to know them as much as I needed. Would have loved more of them individually and together!!

I really hope this isn’t the end of this series!! I’d love to read more books about these characters!!
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Rachel Van Dyken is the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, and USA Today Bestselling author of regency and contemporary romances.

Hey guys I'm rarely on Goodreads, if you need to reach me feel free to email!
EMAIL ME: rachelvandykenauthor@gmail.com

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Rachel-...

The Dark Ones Saga (5 books)
  • The Dark Ones (The Dark Ones Saga, #1)
  • Untouchable Darkness (The Dark Ones Saga, #2)
  • Dark Surrender (The Dark Ones Saga, #3)
  • Darkest Temptation (The Dark Ones Saga, #4)