Start by marking “More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math” as Want to Read:
More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math

More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math

3.95  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  45 Reviews
Guess, sort, graph, and compare, then put your math skills to the test using the tastiest chocolates around!
Published October 1st 1998 by Charlesbridge Publishing (first published January 1st 1998)

To ask other readers questions about More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math

Pamela Hatch
Jan 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: math, chocolate
More M&M's Brand Chocolate Candies Math / by Barbara Barbieri McGrath; illustrated by Roger Glass -- Watertown, MA : Charlesbridge Publishing, c1988. (32 pages) CURRICULUM-CHOCOLATE

SUMMARY: Guess, sort, graph, and compare, then put your math skills to the test using the tastiest chocolates around. (book jacket)

REVIEW: The rhyming text is not necessary but moves you through this advanced maths concept book. Talks about estimating, graphing, sorting, adding, multiplying, dividing while enjoyi
Cassandra
Sep 26, 2008 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book would be great to use with a class. It uses M&M's to help children learn math. The book covers graphing, adding and subtracting, dividing and multiplying, and ordinal numbers. The book briefly takes students through the steps for each topic. I also liked this book because it is all done in rhyme. At the end of the book, there is a small review section as well.

I would use this book by having the class do exactly what the book says. Instead of using the numbers in the book, I would
Amber Lewis
Feb 11, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: math-books
I really enjoyed reading this book and seeing how it took a math lesson on graphing. It uses the four basic math operations, and made it fun for children to learn. The book has an interesting element of being written in rhyme, so not only is there a fun activity incorporated in the story, but it is also fun for children to listen to. I think this book is great to use with children because it allows them to do something hands on, instead of doing something out of a math book or listening to the t ...more
Quynh Le
Jul 18, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: math
This book uses something that most students are familiar with, M&Ms, to talk about multiplications, divisions, grouping, and even the idea of graphing. In class, students can participate in an interactive activity using real M&Ms. One idea could involve students dividing all the different M&Ms into the different colors, and as we go around the room, students have to decide how they can make it so that they'll have equal groups of blue M&Ms and red M&Ms, etc. Afterwards, stude ...more
Ashley P.
Jul 05, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: marvelous-math
I really like how this book incorporates graphing. I think that it would be a great springboard read before a lesson on graphing. Students could use actual mandm's and graph their own data, data provided by teachers, or data from the book. I think it would be cool to make predictions regarding different classroom statistics, graph these (for exp, kids with blue, gree, and brown eyes, or siblings of students) and then compare predictions with the actual stats.
Ashley Williams
Mar 15, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: math, ece-3601
This is a grat book to use in math in grades k-5. This book focus on all the differnt functions of math. It talks about addition, multiplication, subtraction, division, probability, etc. This book is very engaging. What student doesnt want to do math with m&ms.While doing different lesson, whether it be division, multiplication or math I would use m&ms as the manipulatves to grab the students attention and keep them engaged.
Mimi
More M&M's exposes children to a lot of different math concepts. It would be great to use for sorting, graphing, and creating patterns. It could also be good for students to use to gain 1 to 1 correspondence. The obvious activity would be to bring in M&M's and have students use them throughout the reading of the story. I would also use skittles for this in case any students were allergic to chocolate.
Alexis Levine
Jan 24, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: exe-3601, math
I love this book because it's great to use in class to help children understand math in a fun way! Children can count using multiplication, addition, subtraction, and even division using m&m's as a visual. I would use this book with 5-8 year olds depending on the math concept. I love, love, love this book because it's so easy to do a math lesson as you read this book because it basically tells you step-by-step what to do for the lesson.
Samantha
Nov 22, 2011 rated it liked it
This book was very nice. It helps kids learn by letting them use M&M's as manipulatives. I used to love manipulatives when I was in school, so I thought this book would be fun. It really was. I pulled out a bag of M&M's, sat down, and I got to work. This book gives a great satisfaction in the end. =)
Kirsten Blau
Sep 11, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: children-s-books
Who wouldn't love this book? When reading about math and chocolate in the same book math becomes ten times more appealing. I remember whenever chocolate was involved in math class I tended to pay more attention so I would be able to eat them afterwards. I think using M&M's as a tool to help students understand math can be fun and enjoyable.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »