Start by marking “The Dog-Eared Diary: A Chrissy the Shih Tzu Mystery” as Want to Read:
The Dog-Eared Diary: A Chrissy the Shih Tzu Mystery

The Dog-Eared Diary: A Chrissy the Shih Tzu Mystery

Chrissy digs up clues to help Autumn solve a historical disappearance and a modern-day murder mystery

Autumn Clarke is getting her life back to normal with the help of her extraordinary shih tzu, Chrissy, when the death of a local philanthropist reveals the man's dark family secrets, as well as unexpected ties to Autumn. When Chrissy discovers a dog-eared diary in the dead
Published August 15th 2019 by Modern History Press

To ask other readers questions about The Dog-Eared Diary, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Dog-Eared Diary

Start your review of The Dog-Eared Diary: A Chrissy the Shih Tzu Mystery
Nadene  (Totally Addicted to Reading)
I promised myself to read more cozy mysteries this year; however, I have not been able to keep up to that promise. Therefore, when the opportunity came for me to read and review The Dog-Eared Diary, I knew that this would be a small step in fulfilling that promise.

The synopsis for the book piqued my curiosity. I was keen to learn about Chrissy, the dog with the extraordinary gift and her mistress Autumn.

This was my first time reading the author’s work and she did not disappoint. Dog-Eared Diary
Maria Isabel Samonte
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: I received a copy of the book in exchange for an HONEST review.

Autumn Clark and her adorable dog, Chrissy, are back with a new mystery to solve and just like the previous book the author did not disappoint. The story is filled with twists that caught me off guard and kept me entertained till the last part. But what I really appreciated in the story is the continuous growth of the characters. I also like that all the characters were very well characterized. They did not fell flat,
Ruth Hill
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was sent a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. I was not financially compensated, and all opinions are 100 percent mine.

This is the second book I've read from this particular series, and again, this author did not disappoint! This is a completely cozy mystery with nothing inappropriate nor any gratuitous violence included within the fast-paced fun mystery. And every reader will fall in love all over again with Crissy, the sharp and cute Shih Tzu.

What I appreciate most about the
Nicki Conroy
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Autumn and her shih tzu, Chrissy, are back for another mystery. You would not believe how Chrissy helps Autumn solve the mysteries in her home town. This mystery is surrounded by more than just the murders that happen. It has some family intrigue for Autumn who thought she was alone in the world since her parents' car crash.

I am a huge dog lover so truly enjoy books that have pets in them. Chrissy is a cute little dog, whereas all of mine are rather large, and has been a support dog for Autumn
Krystyna
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Digging up secrets can be deadly

Fabulous. What a wonderful plot filled with old grudges, a skeleton, poison, murders, attempted murder, family secrets and jealousy. Absolutely riveting stuff. Loved getting to know the characters better, their interactions and the motives that drive them. The dogs however need a special mention from the stoic guardian Ace to the adorable, clue sniffing Chrissy and their utter commitment to the humans that they have taken under their paw.
An annual fete is turned
Michele
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Autumn Clarke who suffers from Anxiety and PTSD from when both her parents died in an auto crash, adopted a little shih tzu named Chrissy. Autumn and Chrissy are inseparable! Chrissy knows how to help Autumn and visa versa! Please note that Chrissy is one spoiled little princess! They can read each others thoughts when need be.

Chrissy is very social and has many friends in the neighborhood including a German Shepard whose daddy is a cop and a very good friend of Autumns.

Autumn finds out about
Shelly
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
The bond between a gal and her dog is simply amazing and makes for a wonderful read! Chrissy, the Shih Tzu, provides an endless supply of comfort, companionship, and love for Autumn. Together, they face stress and anxiety; but it doesn't take long to add a twist of distraction by whipping the gal and her dog into a mystery. One murder changes everything Autumn thought she knew about her family and puts her in place as the owner of a mansion everyone wants. Chrissy is a lot of fun and the perfect ...more
Crystal Addis
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
First of all…. I LOVE that Diane wrote so eloquently and made me feel like Chrissy was a human. Often times, I forgot that I was reading about a dog. LOVE IT! This book kept me completely interested and engaged with each mystery that came along. Even though Chrissy is a little dog, this book had BIG twists and turns that left me turning pages and not wanting to put the book down!

Being a dog lover, I love that the characters were super loving and passionate towards their fur babies. Even though
Lisa Bregant
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Dog-Eared Diary: A Chrissy the Shih Tzu Mystery is my first foray into the cozy mystery genre. I'm a dog obsessed dog mom and thoroughly enjoyed this book. The Dog-Eared Diary is a fun, fast-paced and entertaining mystery. It held my interest and I didn’t want to put it down. The characters were charming and I fell in love with little Chrissy the Shih Tzu immediately. Diane Wing portrayed the bond between Autumn and Chrissy realistically. Their relationship is a great example of the ...more
Liliyana Shadowlyn
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019-reads
The Dog-Eared Diary is a wonderful new installment in the Chrissy series. Chrissy is more than your average dog, and her owner Autumn has found herself at the center of yet another mystery. Everything Autumn knew about her family comes into question as the past intertwines with the present. Together Autumn and Chrissy are the sweetest mystery solvers around. You won't want to miss this puzzler, which is perfect for cuddling up with a nice cup of tea on a breezy autumn afternoon!
Julie Baswell
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When a prominent businessman is murdered, Autumn discovers that she is, in fact, the next in line to inherit the Peabody fortune. Autumn suspects more than a couple of people of the murder, and with her surprise inheritance, she is put in more danger than ever before. But with the extraordinary power that her little companion Chrissy secretly welds, Autumn can solve the murder in no time at all.

I love the combo of Autumn and Chrissy, and how they comfort each other. This had a great plot and I
Carly Wilson
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
‘The Dog-eared Diary’ is the first book I have read by this author, and I was given a copy in exchange for an honest review.

The book is about Autumn Clarke, a dog owner to the adorable schih-tzu Chrissy. Together they provide comfort for one another, Chrissy helping Autumn overcome panic attacks and anxiety, whilst in exchange Autumn provides endless pampering and spoilage.

When a body is found during a festival, it unlocks a barrage of mysteries, mysteries that Autumn did not know she would
Andrea Guy
I love cozy mysteries. If they have animals, recipes or cute small town settings well that makes it even better.

This is the second book in a series and I definite want to go back and read book 1, because this one was so cute and everything I love in a cozy mystery.

Chrissy the Shih Tzu is really a character in the book and not just a prop to help the story along. Chrissy often felt like she was going to start talking. I loved the relationship between Autumn and her dog. The love the two of them
Fee (Ebook Addicts)
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, read-in-2019
Autumn Clarke and her lovable little dog Chrissy are back with a very interesting story this time around. When Oxnard Peabody passes away not only is it determined that it was murder but Autumn soon finds herself as the soul benefactor of the Peabody inheritance! It comes as shock to Autumn discovering that her lineage of being a Clarke was actually untrue and she is angry to find out that her father knew before he died in the car crash - Autumns world is fairly turned upside down, and I can ...more
Terric853
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super-cute!! A continuation of the story of Autumn Clarke and her dog, Chrissy. Autumn discovers a secret about herself that is life-changing and has to come to terms with it.

Meanwhile, a prominent citizen in the town dies unexpectedly. Autumn, suspects his death was murder and, with help from Chrissy - who is able to communicate by telepathically showing Autumn things she's witnessed - sets out to prove it and find his murdered.

We're reintroduced to Autumn's love interest, Ray, and his retired
Jessica
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Cute, Cuddly but so smart Chrissy

As much as I loved the first book, the second book is even better. Chrissy is not cute, cuddly but so smart. As a dog owner myself of two rat terriers, I could not even love more about my dogs. This book is not only for dog lovers but best if you are a fan of mystery genre.

This is such a beautiful, heart-warming and full of suspense story. It is hard to put it down. It makes your heart beats so fast. Autumn and Chrissy's ability is beyond me. These two are
Sonya Neal
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is such a fun read! Autumn is getting herself back on track when everything in her life changes in the blink of an eye. As she's reeling from the changes she finds a diary and sinks herself into the information it contains.

As suspicions mount, people disappear and bodies fall. Who is to blame? And can Chrissy really help Autumn solve the mystery?
Katie
This book was recommended to be because I have my own little shihtzu. And because I enjoy cozy themed mysteries.

I read this book with a heart longing for a life lived while healing from loss and ptsd.

I don’t feel like writing more.
Pat Christie
Nov 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ebook

Chrissy is a Shih Tzu with special talents and her owner Autumn needs them to help solve a murder. In the process of solving the murder she finds out she is the heir to a fortune.
Cindy
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Cute cozy mystery murder. Quirky characters and a sweet main character I definitely recommend you read this book.
Carman Moore
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Enkoyable

This book had me from the very begining all the way to the end. I fell in love with Chrissy and her human was not bad either :)
Victoria Risener
Doggone good mystery

Never underestimate the powers of a dog..big or little. Mysteries within a mystery keeps you reading to see what happens next, who dunnit, and whete and why. Most enjoyable.
Fredric E Finch
john
Oct 23, 2019
Billie Peck
Sep 15, 2019

• Taming My Whiskey (The Whiskeys: Dark Knights at Peaceful Harbor, #6)
  • And Then There Was Us (Sweet with Heat: Weston Bradens, #6)
  • Prey (A Ball & Chain Thriller #5)
  • A Flair for Flip-Flops (The Sadie Kramer Flair Mysteries Book 5)
  • Baking Bad (Beaufort Scales Mystery #1)
  • Bayside Romance (Bayside Summers Book 5)
  • Amanda's Fall: A Story for Children About Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI)
  • Breezy Friends and Bodies (Raina Sun Mystery #3)
  • Serving Up Suspects (Little Dog Diner Book 2)
  • Murder in the Aisle (Merry Summerfield Cozy Mystery #1)
  • Mandrake and a Murder (The Witches of Wormwood Mysteries #1)
  • Selective Spells (Beezley and the Witch, #1)
  • The Vampire Knitting Club (Vampire Knitting Club #1)
  • Mixing Up Murder (Little Dog Diner Book 1)
  • The Curse of Hollister House (A Cat in the Attic Book, #1)
  • Pistols & Pies (A Sweet Bites Mystery, #2)
  • Sweet Deal Sealed (Donut Lady Mystery #0.5)
  • Cooking Up Chaos (Little Dog Diner Book 4)
Author, teacher, and perspective changer Diane Wing, M.A. enjoys exploring the mysteries of life and the way that people experience themselves and the world around them.

Wing’s books create a transformational experience for the reader while incorporating a bit of the unexpected. Many say that her fiction has a sense of Karmic justice rendered within the realm of the unknown and that her