Start by marking “In Love by Christmas” as Want to Read:
In Love by Christmas

In Love by Christmas

This Christmas, two worlds collide...under the mistletoe!

All Theo Taylor wants for Christmas is a profitable year-end and a flawless wedding for his sister. Hiring beautiful but unknown designer Josie Beck is a huge risk, especially when the Taylors' reputation is at stake. Josie is sweet, kind and impossible to resist. But is Josie about to destroy Theo's perfect wedding
Published November 18th 2019 by Mills & Boon Forever Romance

To ask other readers questions about In Love by Christmas, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Love by Christmas

Start your review of In Love by Christmas
Rachel DeVaughn
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love holiday (clean) romance books and I have read other books by this author so I couldn't wait to read it! It took me several chapters to start liking Theo-I found him rude and arrogant. I did sympathize though with his upbringing and what seemed like "conditional" love by his parents. Goodness his mother was a train wreck in this story! He eventually grew on me and I started to like him more.

Because of growing up in the foster care system, Josie doesn't have alot of confidence, acceptance
Jypsy
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you Prism and the author for a complimentary copy. I voluntarily reviewed this book. All opinions expressed are my own.

In Love By Christmas
By: Cari Lynn Webb

*REVIEW* .75
In Love By Christmas is a charming holiday read. While I enjoyed the story overall, the first bit was kind of confusing with the business, the mother and Theo's lack of gravitas. He was downright unlikable! Josie felt like a bit of a sad sack at first. Thankfully, once they began to interact, Theo and Josie became
Nicole Westmoreland
Nov 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
This Christmas romance was really good, but a bit confusing and busy. Overall, I enjoyed the storyline and characters, but I had a hard time figuring out what exactly Theo’s family business was and did in the beginning and what the video crew was doing. But the second part of the book flowed a bit better and was easier to understand. I am glad I read and finished this book. 3.75 rounding up to 4 stars.
Marie
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thank you in advance to the author for sending me a complimentary copy to review. A positive review was not requested nor required, and all words are my own.

Despite being a Harlequin reader for many years, this was not only my first introduction to the “Heartwarming” series from Harlequin, but the author, Cari Lynn Webb.

“In Love By Christmas” (also known as “Josie’s Christmas Wish”) is a clean read romance. There are no overt sexual tones, and affection is at a minimum – holding hands or
Andrea
Dec 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I was so excited to come back to the City by the Bay series. And having it be a Christmas book was an added bonus, for sure!

I love Josie. She grew up in the foster care system, never having a set of parents to call her own. She has had to forge her own way through life all by herself. Most of the time while she was growing up, people were telling her she couldn't do anything. But thanks to one woman, Mimi, she learned that she could do what she wanted if she set her mind to it. And what she
Carrie Schmidt (Reading is My SuperPower)
In Love by Christmas reacquaints us with Mia from The Doctor’s Recovery (whom I loved) by way of her business-mate, and heroine of this story, Josie. It was fun getting to see newly married Mia happy & succeeding in her new photography career, but I most loved getting to know Josie. Her kind & generous heart – even at the risk of much-needed profit – is touching, and it places her in direct contrast with romantic interest Theo who is all about the bottom line.

Webb’s writing always draws
Olivia
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: other-reviews
IN LOVE BY CHRISTMAS was a completely charming holiday romance read. Josie owns her own boutique where she designs and upscales wedding gowns, plus makes other clothes and costumes as desired. She lives paycheck-to-paycheck but helps a lot of people and lives life on her own terms. Her life is about to change when her best friend, Mia, recommends her to the wealthy Theo Taylor for his sister's upcoming nuptials.

Theo runs Coast to Coast Living, a store in the vein of Crate & Barrel or Pottery
Connie Saunders
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
'People only ever show the finished side of every project, Josie. Often the back side is just too messy.' (p. 105)

Isn't that the way with all of our lives? All of us have blemished pasts and our families aren't always as they seem and that is what Josie Beck finally understands after getting to know businessman Theo Taylor. He, his mother, and sister appear to be living the dream with their wealth and success but it soon becomes apparent that their private family live isn't as special as people
Vicky
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a sweet Christmas romance from Harlequin with all the standard tropes you expect from one of their stories, which is not a bad thing. Theo is a handsome businessman who is all about profits. His sister Arianna is planning her perfect winter wedding but their mother has other plans—her own wedding (even though she doesn’t have a boyfriend). Lilian Taylor picks the same gown as Arianna, the same flowers, and even samples the menu all while using a matchmaker to find her the groom she’ll ...more
Suzie Waltner
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
A Christmas wedding and family drama are what bring Theo and Josie together but it’s their mutual interest that keeps bringing them back into each other’s orbit. In Love by Christmas is a sweet and clean holiday read that encompasses some of the highlights of holidays such as traditions and fond memories of the people no longer with us and the challenges of family.

Josie longs to belong to someone. Her kindness and generosity are evident from the first (well, maybe the second) time readers meet
Yvonne Cruz
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
This story revolves around Josie Beck and Theo Taylor.
Josie’s childhood as a foster child was not an easy one, but one woman in her life, Mimi, taught Josie that she could create her memorable moments and that she should always be true to herself. Mimi was also the one that taught her to sew. A trait that inspired her to be the designer she is today. Her specialty is re-creating beautiful dresses from vintage ones.
Theo Taylor is president of a high end company . A man that had little love as a
Julie Eichelberger-Ford
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Love by Christmas is a story of finding passion in your work without letting it take over your life. Josie has had a rough life. She grew up in foster care and only Mimi helped her to shape how she wanted her life to be. She is now divorced, starting her own business but still helping those less fortunate which is harming her bottom line. Theo appears to be Scrooge-like, only worrying about business and making a profit. He approaches Josie when he needs a new wedding gown for his sister but ...more
Arlene Mullen
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
So Theo was brought back to the family business to make it profitable. He never really knew love with his family, but did not want to disappoint them. He spends his days working and mediating between his mom and sister. Then his mom starts to take over Adriana's wedding and steals her dress. To fix it he has to find her another dress just 3 weeks from the wedding.

Josie loves her job, but is struggling to make ends meet. She thinks that getting the opportunity to make Adriana's dress will change
C.E. Hart
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: christmas
Oh how I love a feel-good Christmas story! Especially when it centers on an unlikely pair that shows so much growth the story bursts at the seams.

Josie. I connected with her instantly. She had a hard life. I sympathized with her difficult upbringing and I rooted for her happiness. Theo, on the other hand, wasn’t all that appealing to me at first. His heart and his growth soon became evident though, and I love how he evolved. I also enjoyed the complications the family dynamics played in this
Lori R
Dec 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Theo lived for his business and portraying the perfect Taylor family image. He was not sure what to think when he crosses paths with Josie, a designer who owns Rose Petal Boutique. Josie grew up in the foster care system and has always felt like she was never good enough. That feeling was only added to by her ex-husband. She now has a chance to design a wedding dress for Theo's sister, Adriana. She will really need to believe in herself in order to make this happen. I enjoyed the story and how ...more
Rachel
Nov 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
In Love by Christmas by Cari Lynn Webb
This is my honest review for an advanced copy. In the beginning, I really did not like Theo Taylor. I fell smack in love with Josie, though. She had a very difficult upbringing, but struggled hard to make her dreams come true. The fact that she repurposed older wedding dresses and made them into something new and beautiful is amazing. I found Theo a little high handed. What bugged me most was his trying to control his sister's wedding to benefit the company.
Susan Hamann
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Theo has to find another wedding gown designer quickly. His mother has decided that she wants to wear her daughter's selection of wedding gown for her own wedding, even though she doesn't have a fiance.

Theo is directed to a designer who has fantastic ideas, but her wedding business is mostly to redesign and update existing wedding gowns. Josie is ready to become a well known designer. Of course there is disagreement about so many things while the two are attracted to each other.

The book is fun,
Amy
Dec 03, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
In Love by Christmas is a wonderful and sweet story by Cari Lynn Webb. I enjoyed this romance between Theo and Josie. I thought it was fun and entertaining when they were in the same scenes together. I loved watching them grow throughout the book.

I give In Love by Christmas four and a half stars. It is perfect for readers who enjoy a sweet, clean and heartwarming romance. Especially, for those who love stories set during the best time of the year – Christmas.

I received this book from the
Cyndi
Nov 29, 2019 rated it liked it
I struggled with the first half of the book, because Josie and Theo was too much into their own heads and it became boring. Josie always always doubting herself and Theo thinking he shouldn't feel anything, if he wanted the family business to succeed. The second half picked a lot and was worth reading.
Wioletta
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Theo's sister is getting married, he wishes that everything goes great, but thanks to their mother, everything goes wrong. His sister needs wedding dress and Josie is one who can make this happen.
Loved the way Josie was helping all brides. I was ready to smack Theo few times myself.
Story is great, loved Josie and other characters in this book.
I did enjoyed a lot.
Janie
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. I got to pre read it. I loved how the characters were like night and day. They fit well together. It also made you feel like you were with them as they were re establishing what the holidays and family is about. Cari Lynn Webb is an amazing author and people should look for her books everywhere
Harlequin Books