Start by marking “The Girl in Kellers Way (16pt Large Print Edition)” as Want to Read:
The Girl in Kellers Way (16pt Large Print Edition)

The Girl in Kellers Way (16pt Large Print Edition)

When a body is found buried near the desolate forest road of Kellers Way, Detective Melanie Carter must identify the victim if she is to have any chance of finding the killer. That's no easy task with fragmentary evidence from a crime committed years earlier and a conspiracy of silence from anyone who might have information. The one person who may be able to help is Julie ...more
Published October 10th 2017 by ReadHowYouWant (first published May 29th 2017)

Amanda - Mrs B's Book Reviews
*https://mrsbbookreviews.wordpress.com
*4.5 stars
Megan Goldin is a new author on the block in the overly populated domestic noir sub genre. She takes a tried and tested formula but manages to stand out from the crowd, with her debut novel, The Girl in Kellers Way. For the record I completely enjoyed my reading experience of The Girl in Kellers Way. Goldin has demonstrated through her first novel that she has made an easy transition from a foreign correspondent, to a talented writer. Goldin’s firs
Carolyn
Julie West is the second wife of psychology Professor, Matt West in a small US college town. She loves her husband and step daughter Alice, but has suffered some traumatic events and has been on medication to help her recover. However, she prefers to avoid taking the medication as it dulls her mind and plays havoc with her memory. Instead she clears her mind by enjoying her daily runs through a forest track called Kellers Way until one day something happens on her run and she suffers a set back ...more
Josh
May 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Megan Goldin's debut novel The Girl In Kellers Way reads like she's been publishing crime fiction for years. The plot is tightly woven around well developed characters as interesting as the hidden motives and dangerous liaisons they pursue. Short, punchy chapters alternating between key characters keeps the story fresh and provides a nice yin/yang dynamic between the thin blue line of policing, and the everyday civilian.

This slice of domestic noir with a physiological suspense twist is written
Carol -  Reading Writing and Riesling
4 1/2 stars

My View:
“Most murders are committed by someone known to the victim. More often than not, it’s an immediate relative. A husband. Or a wife.” (back cover)

What a fantastic debut novel! I love domestic noir, and this is a great example of the genre. As I read I solved the mysteries of this narrative in my head only to have nagging doubts bubble to the surface the more pages I turned. I did not like the character – Matt – what a well written egocentric, calculating individual he is. Julie
Brooke - One Woman's Brief Book Reviews
*www.onewomansbbr.wordpress.com
*www.facebook.com/onewomansbbr

**4.5 stars**

The Girl in Kellers Way by Megan Goldin Author. (2017).

A body is found near the forest of Kellers Way; Detective Mel needs to identify the victim to catch the killer - hard to do when the crime was committed years ago. But Julie might be able to help because she jogs that way to clear her mind. Until one day something happens to Julie there and she starts to question her life, marriage and sanity...

This is the second book
Jen
Jun 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read The Girl In Kellers Way on the plane. From the moment I started reading it when I boarded the plane to when I got off the plane in Perth, I could not put it down. It is easily the best book I've read for ages and I can't stop thinking about it.
Leanne Mellon
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Girl in Kellers Way I would say is my favourite book read this year! I noted all the high reviews and the comparison to the big name books this year. I completely agree that this book has not got the attention it deserves.

The story begins with two different story lines that eventually merge together. It keeps you guessing and intrigued the whole way along. The two story lines are intertwined and flow so easily, unlike other books I have read where you become lost and somewhat bored.

I was fas
Roy
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Read a review on Goodreads when I came across it scrolling. Suprised me at every stage. Read this in a sitting. 2 povs, murder, mystery and family drama. One character trying to figure herself and her past/present situation whereas the other female character is in the police force figuring out crimes past/present that may or may not have some realtionship. Supsensful, easy to read, great pace and setting. Definitely read if you want a well thought out and fun read.
Tonile {My Cup and Chaucer}
Easily one of my favourite books of the year so far. It had a slow start, but once I was in I was IN. So, so good. Full review to come, hopefully!
JoanneM
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ben
Jun 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read the Girl in Kellers Way and I could not put it down. The story starts with two apparently separate stories which merge together to create a reading experience that takes an unbreakable hold on the reader's attention. The story throws and teases, and you don't know which way it will go until the very end. This is one of the best books that I have read for a long time and I would highly recommend this book for readers who loves psychological thrillers, or just anyone looking for a great boo ...more
Mary
Jun 08, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn't stop reading The Girl In Kellers Way so I ended up reading it in a day and a half. The writing was very good and the story and characters were compelling. It's among the best psychological crime thrillers that I have read in my opinion mostly because it has so many unexpected twists and it is very clever. I hope to read more books from this author.
Lana
Jul 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Thoroughly enjoyed this psychological thriller. One of the best that I've read for ages.
Deborah
Jun 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that points readers in a certain direction and it seems so obvious you know it’s a classic misdirection. However… Goldin adds in enough red herrings that we’re forced to ponder if there’s a double bluff being played. Or perhaps it’s just me overthinking things again!

Julie West (who describes herself as former trailer park trash) is married to the wealthy enigmatic psychology professor and academic Matt and raising their daughter Alice. But we learn early that Julie is
Julie Garner
Apr 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, crime-thriller
I received an Advanced Reading copy of this book.
Enthralled. That is what happened to me when I started reading this book. I was enthralled and captured, much the way one of the characters is.
There is murder, mystery and of course, mayhem aplenty! Who is the Girl in Kellers Way? How did she die? Where does Julie tie in to this and can Detective Melanie Carter connect the dots? These are just SOME of the questions raised as you read this book and it takes you on quite an adventure to the conclusi
Anne
Jun 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love books that I can't stop reading. The Girl in Kellers Way is in a similar genre to Gone Girl and Girl on the Train. It is very well written for a book of this genre with a fast-paced, twisting story that kept me glued to each page. Loved it!! It's one of the best books that I've read this year and the best thriller that I've read since Gone Girl.
Magpie
Jul 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Chloe 2017
Jo
Jun 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75 Stars. After a bit of a slow start Goldin’s alternating first person narrative really hits its stride. The contrast between the viewpoints of highly dependent and erratic housewife Julie and the very likeable, stoic and reliable detective Mel keeps readers guessing and short chapters help build suspense. Read full review >>
Carole
Jun 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely riveting, I couldn't put it down. Can't wait to see what else this author has in store.
Karen
Jun 17, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2017
This was a great read. I figured out the basic plot fairly early on but the fact I still couldn't put it down is a testament to the great writing.
Stella
Aug 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I first heard about this book in Women's Day magazine and then New Idea and then a few more. They all raved about it as the next The Girl on the Train. I had a few other books to read first but then I saw a review in The Age and I decided not to wait. I read it quickly because it is the type of book that is hard to stop reading. It was an excellent psychological thriller. I hope to read more books from this author.
Annie Topp
Jul 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book was recommended to me by a friend - a bit of a six degrees of separation thing. I was skeptical, but it sounded good.

OH MY GOSH - It was un-put-down-able. It only took me 48 hours to read. I had to read in between making children's breakfast and school lunch. I had to have it with me for school pick up. I didn't talk to ANYONE during swimming or netball training for those two days!

After the first few chapters, I was sure I had it all worked out. WRONG! There was a twist or a turn in ev
Janey Berns
Jul 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Took me a few gos to get into it, once I started though every spare second i was reading! Thoroughly enjoyed it. Hubby is reading it now on his kindle!
Tayla Woolley
Jul 19, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I liked & appreciate this book a lot more than I thought I would when I first picked it up as it isn't a genre I usually follow but I'm glad I did.
I can't tell if there will be another book after this or if we are left in the suspense.. I'm happy either way
Nancy
Jul 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is the standout thriller of 2017. The newspaper reviews said it easily holds up to Gone Girl and Girl on the Train and they were more than right.
Ally Van Schilt
Jul 09, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A different kind of thriller to the more conventional ones out there at the moment. I liked that it was both predictable and unpredictable at the same time. Kept me guessing and the ending was different to what I was expecting.
William
Aug 01, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rejected
I’m sorry. I really tried to like this book, especially with Goldin being a new author...

However, the structure is poor, the prose merely adequate, the pacing very uneven, Julie is an unreliable narrator so I felt manipulated by the author, the car crash clues from the past suddenly appear, etc etc

The new author has promise, but this is definitely not worth £10 ($13) on Kindle.

Returned to Amazon for refund.
Liza
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am a huge fan of psychological thrillers so I had to read The Girl In Kellers Way after I seeing several newspaper reviews during a holiday to Australia. The novel lived up to the hype. It was a very well written novel, full of suspense, fascinating characters and plot twists. I thoroughly enjoyed it. I hope to read more from this author. I also hope that it will be published in the UK soon so my friends can read it.
Jean
Jun 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Excellent book. I read it on a 9 hour international flight. The time flew by! I was almost sorry to have completed it in 5 hours- what was I to do the rest of the flight??? It kept me totally absorbed, the characters were very credible and had depth, and the plot was frighteningly plausible. I strongly recommend this book.
Kelly
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love a good thriller and this is among the best of them. Very pleased that I bought this book. It was recommended by the sales assistant. She said she read it and couldn't put it down. She was right.
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• The Better Son
  • After the Lights Go Out
  • The Lone Child
  • Greenlight
  • Silent Fear (Detective Ella Marconi, #5)
  • Gunshine State
  • Half Moon Bay
  • Wimmera
  • The Last Of The Bonegilla Girls
  • The Fence
  • Flesh and Blood: A History of My Family in Seven Maladies
  • In Bloom (Sweetpea, #2)
  • St Kilda Blues (Charlie Berlin, #3)
Megan Goldin is the bestselling author of "The Escape Room", praised by Lee Child as "one of my favorite books of the year", as well as "The Girl In Kellers Way", a critically-acclaimed domestic noir thriller nominated for Australia's leading crime fiction awards.
Megan worked as a journalist for Reuters, the Australian ABC and Yahoo! News before writing her debut psychological thriller The Girl In