Start by marking “The Girl Who Cheated Death” as Want to Read:
The Girl Who Cheated Death

The Girl Who Cheated Death

A horrific accident introduces a frightening supernatural presence into a young woman’s life, altering both her past and future.

Alexandra Drummond’s life is forever changed by a car wreck that kills her parents and sister. Ironically, recovering from her emotional and physical scars is not her biggest challenge. She is also haunted by Azrael, the angel of death. On the
Published August 2019 by Baker Venture Group, LLC (first published October 25th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about The Girl Who Cheated Death, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Girl Who Cheated Death

Start your review of The Girl Who Cheated Death
Bespectacled Petal
Nov 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I got a free advance readers’ copy in exchange for my honest review.

Imagine being able to see the angel of death. It would be quite horrifying to see your family die before your eyes as it was. Imagine, in addition to that, seeing their souls being taken while you helplessly look on.

The Girl Who Cheated Deathis about Alexandra Drummond, Alex to everyone else except her mother. She is a normal teenager. Actually, scratch that, she is actually better than most. At 18, she is still a virgin and is
Jeanette
Nov 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
When i began reading this book, i wasn't too sure whether this book was going to be one that i would enjoy. I am not really a fan of paranormal stories, but 'The Girl Who Cheated Death' turned out to be a good read. So many twists and turns. There were parts that were a little on the slow side, but that aside, i would say it is worth a read.

My thanks to Netgalley and the Publishers for my copy. This is my honest review, which i have voluntarily given.
Steve
Sep 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Almost a 5

Wanted is to be a 5, it should have been a 5 but missed on two counts. If there was a 3 1/2 would have used it.
Most of the book was a 'page turner' drawing the reader in and creating a desire to know what was going to happen next. There are several spots where the writer (& the reader) get lost. I'm thinking better editing could fix that.
Secondly the ending was to me very unsatisfing. Loved the creative epilogue but believe Mr. Baker, with a little more effort, could have given
D.
Nov 18, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The rise of supernatural fiction that portrays angels as, not fluffy and kind, but as the instruments of god they were meant to be is quite good right now, so Ihave to admit, I was expecting a lot from this book. I'm a huge Supernatural/Lucifer fan, and read a lot of supernatural novels in general, so this book had a pretty high bar to meet. ANd it sorta did.
Firstly, the story centres around a young woman, Alex, who at 18, is the sole survivor and 'witness' to the death of the rest of her family
Tammy Goodwin
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love Angel stories, not the happy fluffy ones, the warriors of God type angels. With a little help from Supernatural I have no problem picturing Azrael in all his Angel glory. Alex is a great character – very unpredictable!
NB NB
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book follows Alex Drummond, a teenage girl and sole survivor of a terrible car wreck which killed her family. Now, she’s being chased by the angel of death. With the help of her friends, Alex begins to fight back, determined to defeat death.

Alex blames herself for the death of her family, since they were in the car because of her actions earlier that fateful day. She must battle her own feelings of guilt and grief, while simultaneously racing from Azrael, the angel of death. This book
Sandra Hould
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I found this story to be an emotional roller coaster for me. Many times, I felt I related to Alex and her story. I cried many times while reading it and I must say that It often felt that her story was my story. That her joys and pains were mine as well. It was often a tough text to read as I have myself suffered great loss in my life barely a few months shy of four years ago. So yeah, for me that loss happened a short time ago so it was easy to feel the main character's loss.
Alex will discover
Monica
Jun 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this from a Goodreads Giveaway. The author and publisher were nice enough to send it to me.

A YA book. What if something so terrible happened in your life and you could redo it? Would you take the chance? Alexandra faces this question.. This was engrossing. It kept my attention throughout, wondering what was going to happen. I was surprised throughout on some things that happened.

Happy Reading
Sandra Hould
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Alex will discover
Karen Landon
Feb 27, 2019
Alan Baker
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Marcella Monahan
Jun 08, 2019
Rick Davis
Sep 20, 2019
Alan Baker
Apr 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Jamie
mary
Jun 02, 2019

• The Golden Door
  • The Haunting of Lannister Hall
  • Dark Pattern (The Naturalist, #4)
  • Pivot
  • The House on Cold Hill (House on Cold Hill, #1)
  • Night Train to Murder
  • Successor
  • Playing with Fire
  • The Other Daughter
  • The Argument
  • Temptress (The Manhattan Ten Series Book 2)
  • No, We Can't Be Friends
Alan Baker is a practicing attorney, community activist, public speaker, and a freelance writer. In addition to being published in a local magazine, he writes thrillers with intricate plots adding in elements of horror and science fiction. He lives in Michigan where he runs a busy law practice but always finds time to work on his novels. His novel, The Girl Who Cheated Death, placed as a ...more