Start by marking “Kingdom of Thorns and Dreams: A Limited Edition of Sleeping Beauty Retellings” as Want to Read:

Kingdom of Thorns and Dreams: A Limited Edition of Sleeping Beauty Retellings

Sleeping Beauty, but not how you remember it...

One kiss.

That's all. Just one kiss and the curse will be broken.

But is love's true kiss a myth and will it be strong enough to break the curse that's held her in its grasp for a century?

The compelling tale of a young princess fated to sleep forever and the prince destined to save her retold in this spellbinding
Published October 15th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kingdom of Thorns and Dreams, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Kingdom of Thorns and Dreams

Start your review of Kingdom of Thorns and Dreams: A Limited Edition of Sleeping Beauty Retellings
Mona  Brown
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a review for Mila Young's Sleeping Seduction in this amazing box set.
I honestly don't know where to begin besides saying OMG. Once I started to read this story I could not put it down. The twists and turns of what is real, what is not had me turning page after page. Guen has spent her entire life not feeling part of this world, wondering what was wrong with her. She had a voice in her head that made her think she was crazy. Until one day, she finally meets the voice and realizes that her
Ange Bennetts
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm reviewing Sleeping Seduction by Mila Young, which is part of this set. An awesome start to what I can imagine is going to be an amazing new series. Guen is a teenager battling the normal things, school, bullies, boys, seeing shrinks about her supposed schizophrenia. She hears voices in her head and dreams about another world where shadows chase her. Things aren't what they seem though and an awesome, huge story unfolds that makes you need to know more! I loved this.
Coco.V
Dec 10, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
FREE on Amazon today (12/10/2019)! ...more
Terri
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Phenomenal Retellings

Kingdom of Thorns and Dreams: A Limited Edition of Sleeping Beauty Retellings
By: J.A. Armitage, A.D. Brazeau, Scarlett Kol, Kendrai Meeks, Jesikah Sundin, Majanka Verstraete, Mila Young
5 Stars

******** May Contain Some Spoilers ********
I will try my absolute best to keep spoilers to a minimum or completely out of my review. Sometimes it can be hard to do so.

All stories are retelling Sleeping Beauty. This book has 7 authors and 7 retelling stories. I will list
Tiffany
Nov 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
After reading this book, I wanted to write and post this review to share my honest experiences toward the story. This review will focus on Aeroreh, by Jesikah Sundin, as this is the only story I have read from the anthology, and have not entered a read date as such.

Æroreh is a mythpunk Sleeping Beauty retelling, a story unlike one you have ever read before. Contrary to other Sleeping Beauty retellings out there, there are a lot of traditional fantasy elements, but also a lot of technology, and
Angel Leya
Dec 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review is based off of Aeroreh by Jesikah Sundin.

I knew I was in for a ride after reading The Biodome Chronicles, and Aeroreh did not disappoint.

This is a fairytale retelling with a bit of cyberpunk thrown in (mythpunk, according to the author). I loved Aeroreh's awakening, I loved her bright and sunny spirit, and I loved the drawn between her and Felip. Seriously, it was beautiful watching these two fall in love, and watching Aeroreh realize she was made for more than pleasing others.

Plus!
Siobhan Yilmaz
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Review of Aeroreh by Jesikah Sundin - one of the books in this collection.

Wonderfully weird, and full of knowledge. These are my first thoughts when I think back on this book. It's basically a kind of retelling of sleeping beauty, but to call it that takes away the brilliance of it. It's so much more than a retelling. It's steampunk, dystopian, fairytale, folklore magic. In other words...it's amazing!
There is no way I can explain the story and do it justice. It's full of Celtic/Gaelic folklore
Sarah Carner
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a box set with multiple authors. This review is for Æroreh by Jesikah Sundin.

What a fun story! This is Mythpunk, which is a new genre for me. It has some foreign words, though there's a glossary (Thank You Jesikah!). I struggled at the beginning a little with remembering the words but it all came together in the first third of the book. It's written with dual perspectives, which was really well done.
Æroreh kind of reminded me of Rapunzel from Tangled. Fun and silly, but also that
Candice Allen
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aeroreh by Jesikah Sundin

I read this book separately but it is also included in the anthology of the Kingdom of Thorns and Dreams, this was a unique and quirky nano/cyber punk retelling of Sleeping beauty. Be sure to use the glossary of names provided at the start of the book as this book includes Gaelic spellings and a blend of druid mythology, fairytale and futuristic tech that blows the mind. I have to say my favorite character is our hero, Felip, his accent is wonderful and calls to mind
Emily
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This review is for Æroreh by Jesikah Sundin.

I love fairy tale retellings, and Æroreh is no exception! It is beautifully written and the story is uniquely told! It is Mythpunk, which is a genre I haven’t previously heard of, so that is pretty cool. Basically it’s a combination of magic in a world with advanced technology. I found the combination to be really interesting to read! I don’t want to give anything away, so just read it! This is the first book I’ve read by Jesikah Sundin, and I’m going
Agata Jędrzejewska
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mila Young - Sleeping Seduction
Oh my, where should I start... this was a sleeping beauty whom I would never be able to imagine if Mila Young wouldn’t bring it to life. Even if the world, or both worlds, are quite unknown, so many questions, so many unspoken things, it’s very well thought. Not sure who is bad and who is good. Whom to believe and what is truly going on. We are not sure of anything and that is so darn wonderful. Characters are really unique. Story as no other. The style - perfect.
Raina Collins
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Sleeping Seduction by Mika Young and I am totally hooked. It was amazing. And if the other books in this set are anything like it then I will be inhaling them all immediately. The story has so much depth and amazing characters. You never know who the main character, Guen, can trust and who is telling the truth. I really loved how even though she had some serious issues that her foster mother never gave up on her. And there are so many other things but I don’t want to spoil ...more
Tammy
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
Aeroreh story review only - Very unique take on Sleeping Beauty. I admit it was a bit confusing at first until I got into the flow of the book. It is definitely one you need to immerse yourself in. Steampunk fairy tale with great characters. I liked that Felipe was not perfect outwardly . Aeroreh seemed perfect outwardly but wasn't. This was so much better than the characters from the Disney version, I always thought they seemed too perfect. Story was well paced. Great cover too.
Cassandra Grace
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Just want to say, I have only read Mila Youngs portion. Man oh man does she know how to pull me in! I love that the family isnt a typical family setting and yet there isnt issues with it. It's like it's normal and ok and i love that! Then theres the emotions of the main character. The turmoil of trying to figure out her own head and her surroundings. Then theres the world build. Seriously. I'm so in love and cant wait until the next book for that series!
Haylee James
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All of these retellings are amazing. I love the spins each author has put into the stories and how they flow so smoothly. I loved fairytales as I kid which you can tell the authors in this did as well, but as an adult you want something more grown up. These authors did not disappoint. My favorite story is mila youngs, I was sucked in completely and loved every minute of it. The characters are very detailed and down right hot at times. I definitely recommend this to everyone.
Galina Sulaiman
Oct 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a review for Mila Young's book.
I have to admit that this book took me a few chapters to really get into it. I couldn't quite grasp the idea, then the more that I read, the more I liked it. I could find myself appreciating this fresh, unique view on the Sleeping beauty aspect. It's claws grasped me and dug in ,making me read nonstop once I got into it. Now with that ending I'm left gasping for breath wondering how am I going to wait until the next book is released?
Jeanette George
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Æroreh (The Ealdspell Cycle) by Jesikah Sundin is unique, inventive and beautifully written. I really loved this interpretation of Sleeping Beauty, which is one of my favorites. I wasn't familiar with mythpunk before this story, but find it intriguing. This is way more than a pretty cover. I highly recommend it.

I hope to add more stories from the collection to this review at a later time.
Boo
Oct 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sleeping Seduction by Mila Young

I downloaded this book so I could read mila’s sleeping subduction. I really enjoyed it and it kept tripping me up. Idk what’s happening or who to trust. I connected with the characters and I only like one of the brothers. Hope this changes lol. But a really good read.
Michelle
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve only read Mila Young’s Sleeping Seduction so far and it was fabulous! I loved the modern take on the tale and all the twists and turns she created. I’m so excited to read the continuation of this story!
Tera Comer
Nov 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: own
So many great books in this set!!! You can never go wrong when grabbing a set like this as you will always find new to you authors to try out.
I can not wait till To Seduce a Fae comes out by Mila Young I wanna know what happens with Luther and Guen
Book Addict
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Sleeping Seduction - Mila Young
Oh wow where to start with this review?? What an intense read that had me up and down throughout until that cliffhanger of an ending! So many questions I want answered...who is good, who is bad? What is happening to Guen and who is she really? Will the voice in her head save her or destroy her. This story is full of twists and turns and it left me wanting more...cannot wait to see how this story continues! Another intensely captivating story by Mila Young.
LORRIE
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was amazing. I need to know more about Luther and Guen
Tia
Oct 31, 2019 rated it liked it
FInished first story - Sleeping Beauty by J.A. Armitage. Good reverse fairytale but editing needs a lot of work. 3 stars

Story #2 - Blood Dreams but A.D. Brazeau. A cursed princess and her enemy find love in the bayou of Louisiana. They will be killed if found together but they cannot stay apart. Liked it but needs better editing. 3.5 stars
Edward D.
Dec 28, 2019
Dena Akbar
Feb 25, 2020
Denise Talley
Oct 26, 2019
Laynie
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Maria Raczkowecky
Dec 25, 2019
Michel
Dec 13, 2019

• Æroreh (The Ealdspell Cycle #1)
  • Artemis' Divinity (Cruel Gods #1)
  • Betrayed (The Fallen World #3)
  • To Seduce a Fae (Winter's Thorn #1)
  • Winter (Evermore Academy #1)
  • School of Broken Dreams (Academy of Souls #3)
  • Savage As Hell (The Demon Academy #3)
  • The Naughty List
  • Ruthless as Hell (The Demon Academy #2)
  • Lamia's Blood (Monsters and Gargoyles #5)
  • Adelaide's Storm (Her Fate #3)
  • Sinful as Hell (The Demon Academy #1)
  • Mall Santas
  • Gilded Rose (Celestials #1)
  • Academy of Shifters: Werewolves 101
  • Desired By The Wolf: Paranormal Romance (Shadow Shifters Book 2)
  • Magical Mistake (Magic And Metaphysics Academy, #2)
  • Autumn's Reign (The Lochlann Treaty, #4)