Start by marking “Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)” as Want to Read:
Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)

Headliners

(London Celebrities #5)

Sparks fly when two feuding TV presenters are thrown together to host a live morning show in Lucy Parker’s latest enemies-to-lovers contemporary romance.

He might be the sexiest man in London, according to his fan site (which he definitely writes himself), but he’s also the most arrogant man she’s ever met.

She might have the longest legs he’s ever seen, but she also has the
Published January 20th 2020 by Carina Press

Start your review of Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
Hollis
This will likely come as no surprise to readers who have experienced, and loved, Parker's previous London Celebrities books but HEADLINERS just made me so happy. This book was like a warm, funny, sweet hug and it was everything I wanted it to be and everything I needed right now.

This was Nick Davenport. He was Nick. She kept silently repeating that as a sort of protective mantra. But it was starting to — it was starting to mean something different.

I'm a huge fan of Parker's opposites attract
Addie H
SPOILER FREE ARC - expected release 20th Jan 2020

(Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Work Colleagues, Opposites Attract, Forced Proximity, Love Triangle)

description

I adore Lucy Parker’s books. Several are among my favourite contemporary romance books of all time, and this was a strong delivery. Just imagine how I reacted when I got an email saying an ARC was waiting on me.

description

This book is somewhat of a continuation of the previous in the series, The Austen Playbook, and it doesn’t work great as a stand-alone – but
aarya
At several times during Headliners, our heroine Sabrina Carlton sarcastically wonders if her extremely bad luck is due to cosmic irony (aka the universe's method of laughing at her). Like Sabrina, I also attributed my present circumstances to the universe. Unlike Sabrina, it wasn't cosmic irony but rather cosmic fortune. This book is so freaking good that I paused every two chapters and profusely thanked the unknown entity upstairs for delivering this book to my tablet (all right, it isn't ...more
Hannah
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Of course I loved this. Lucy Parker writes the best romance novels and I have enjoyed every single book in this series. I was beyond ecstatic to receive an ARC of this book I could read over my Christmas break - because this is a Christmas novel at heart. Headliners follows on from the events of The Austen Playbook which for me had the advantage that the dual time-lines usually employed for hate-to-love romances was not necessary, dual time-lines being something I do not particularly enjoy in ...more
*The Angry Reader*
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2020, best-of-2020
I didn’t read the synopsis before I started this one. Thank goodness!
(Total side thing here - but within the last year another reader pointed out the fallacy of the “trope.” How that word is dismissive and groups together books in a sort of random and unimportant way - creating impressions that all books with a similar storyline must be alike. And frequently that does a great disservice to the reader and the book. I’ve said it before - I’m sure I’ll say it again - I think I don’t like certain
Antonella
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Headliners is a contemporary romance novel.
This is book five in the London Celebrity series. Even though it can be read as standalone I advise you to read book four before reading this one. Which is not a hardship. Book four- The Austen Playbook is one of my favorite reads of 2019.

Comparing this to the previous books in the series this book moves from theater to television. Sabrina and Nick are tv host that need to work together on a morning show. That wouldn't be a problem, but they are not
Mara
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, ebook-owned
The well-loved tropes in this delightful contemporary cornucopia runneth over -- we've got hate to love, we've got office romance, we got huddling for warmth, we got fake relationship, we got Slytherin & Slytherin romance. All the tropes! And surprising no one, Lucy Parker totally pulls all these elements together in a lovely, believable way. This is one of the funnier entries in her London Celebrities series (driven mainly by the hijinks on the main couple's morning show), but that doesn't ...more
Blackjack

The fifth book in Lucy Parker's London Celebrities series may not have displaced Pretty Face for my personal favorite, but I did have a big smile on my face the entire time I read this one. One of the recurring themes is that the main characters, celebrity journalists Sabrina Carlton and Nick Davenport, have magic when they are together, regardless of whether they are antagonists, co-workers, or lovers. I felt absolutely convinced of their chemistry, on and off screen, and that's despite
Bookphenomena (Micky)
How damn adorable is that cover? It gave me vibes before I started the book, but it gives me serious heart eyes on finishing. HEADLINERS took me a little while to get into, but once I did (about 20%), I was hook, line and sinker for this story and these characters.

This interconnected standalone in the London Celebrities series was a enemies to more trope but I want to impress that this gave so much more than that phrasing suggests. There was a longish standing dislike between Nick and Sabrina
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, steamy
This is fifth in a series that, until now, has been only tangentially related. This one, however, is rather tightly tied to The Austen Playbook with key preparatory events happening there. So I definitely recommend reading at least that one first.

This was a really good enemies to lovers story and one I enjoyed immensely—though honestly, Sabrina doesn't really do enemies... Sabrina was kind of awesome and I loved having more from her family, too. I like how strong she is while leaning into her
Andrea
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: netgalley, romance
4.5 stars rounded up for mature adults having actual conversations! And because it's Lucy Parker, after all. She's one of my go-to authors for sweet and hilarious contemporary romances that just leave you feeling giddy and warm.

This was another excellent addition to the series, and I loved seeing all of the previous couples again. Ok, mostly just Richard and Lainie. They remain one of my favorite couples ever. But I digress…

It's very rare I enjoy an "enemies" to lovers story, but in the
Cyndi
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful book! (Yes, that is three wonderfuls. Be glad I didn't fill the page with them. Cause I wanted too,) I loved this book so much! If you haven't read any Lucy Parker books yet, climb out from under the rock and grab some. She's brilliant!
In this installment of the London Celebrities we have two talk show folks. She is the sister of a previous character and he is her nemesis. . Interested yet? Wait till you hear the rest of it. The two of them have been at
Nadia
Okay, I adore this book!

Everything about Headliners was a home-run for me. It was funny, it was sweet, it was enjoyable, it had banter and witty dialogue, mature characters who voice their opinions and beliefs, and just enough steam to spice it all up.
You know, somewhere around the middle I realized it's one of those rare books that has heart. I know it sounds weird, but you'll get it if you read it. The way Nick and Sabrina act around each other just gives you warm, fuzzy feelings.

I can't
Caz
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-other, arc, aar
In Headliners, the fifth book in her London Celebrity series, author Lucy Parker shifts her focus from London’s Theatreland to the world of television, to bring readers a wonderfully sharp, funny, sexy and grown-up romance between a pair of rival TV presenters who profess to hate each other’s guts, but who, of course, doth protest too much.

[Unlike the other books in this series, Headliners isn’t really a standalone and readers would benefit from reading [book:The Austen Playbook|42279630]
Luli
Puedes encontrar esta reseña en español al final.

It is so difficult to find good stories. It seems easy, but it is not. But, between thousands and thousands of clichés, melodrama and pompous prose, occasionally you meet one. Because there are authors who decide that telling a story is more than a HEA. Something more than a bag of trite ideas wrapped in cheap melodrama that lead to the deliberate happy end. Sometimes I meet authors like Ms. Parker who decide that in romance, more important than
Kate
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites, 2020
ARC received from publisher via NetGalley in an exchange for an honest review.

Ever since "Act Like It", London Celebrities series has found a place among my favourite contemporary romance reads and this book only strengthened its position. Lucy Parker writes engaging, heartfelt stories paired with relatable, interesting and humanly flawed characters.

It's a thing to cherish, really.

I've been intrigued by the possibility of Sabrina and Nick since the very moment they appeared in this series. I'm
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

I love good enemies to lovers' stories, and this story is everything I LOVE!! Sabrina and Nick are rival TV Show hosts thrown together to rebuild their images and careers. The banter and sexual chemistry is off the chart between Sabrina and Nick, and everyone sees it but them.

Video review available in Week 3 Jan 12 – 18 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Dísir
4.5 stars...I'd round up.

Nick Davenport and Sabrina Carlton are petty rivals on and off tv, but there’s good cause for it…up until the point where both their careers are suddenly in jeopardy. A twist of events forces them to co-host the dreaded early-morning show which no one bothers with, since it’s not quite the ‘serious’ stuff compared to what they used to do, and with the list of grievances sitting between them, neither’s looking good at all. This status quo doesn’t look like it’s about to
tara
Jan 06, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: tbr-2020, arc-read
3.75

Sabrina and Nick have been television network rivals for some time and this book follows on from the events of The Austen Playbook. In Headliners, these two presenters (enemies) are thrown together on their very own, morning show.

There were scenes in life so gut-punchingly beautiful, they were impossible to do justice with words.

Parkers funny writing and loveable characters deserve my stars, hence the rating. I’ll always admire this series, but sadly I don’t think I’ll continue on (even
Alexa
Making it Goodreads official — I bloody loved this book! It’s such a sweet romance, and I truly enjoyed both Nick and Sabrina (and all of the cameos). Parker has a real knack for capturing the spirit of my favorite romantic comedy films in her stories, and I think Headliners is the ultimate proof of that skill.
Saly
Nov 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Lovely! I just wish Lucy wrote faster! Review soon...

ARC provided by publisher through Netgalley.
Caro
Disclaimer: I received a free copy of this novel in exchange for an honest review. I am also friends with the author. However, all opinions stated here are my own.

Whenever Lucy Parker releases a new book from the London Celebrities series, it feels like Christmas. A London Celebrities advance review copy set *during* Christmastime? Read while drinking Starbucks holiday beverages? That's heaven.

Sabrina Carlton and Nick Davenport are rival TV presenters whose reputations have taken bad hits
nick
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Is it any surprise I loved Headliners? It's Lucy Parker, after all!
The chemistry between Nick and Sabrina just sizzles! And oof, all the soft moments between them? I SWOON!

RTC
Adele Buck
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I think most people who've read Lucy Parker will equate her with enemies-to-lovers. And this is yet another entry in that column. She does it so well, leavening the vitriol with wry observational humor. Sabrina and Nick are a different kind of couple for her, though. They're both tough and driven in very similar ways--no sunshine meets grumpus here. And for the first time, we get a hero who's unsure about his life and career path instead of a heroine.

We also have the usual mouth-watering
Renégade ♥
Brief excerpt from my feuding breakfast-TV co-hosts enemies-to-lovers book, the trope otherwise known as the journey from would-happily-push-off-a-bridge to God-help-whoever-tries-to-hurt-my-person. -- Lucy Parker on Twitter

(view spoiler)

Excerpt:

I just learned that the fifth book in the London Celebrities series up is for pre-order and will be out 01/20/20:

Image result for yay romance cartoon gif
Samantha (WLABB)
Rating: 4.5 Stars

After a scandal rocked Sabrina's family, and Nick was caught saying some unflattering things about his new boss, the two presenters were in need of an image clean-up. They were given an opportunity to rehabilitate their public persona, as well as save their jobs, by trying to resuscitate an ailing morning show. Would these enemies be able to set aside their feud in order to save their careers?

I was so excited, when I heard Parker was writing a book featuring Nick and Sabrina. I
Peggy M
“I received a free, advance copy of this book from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for my unbiased review”

Every time that the writer Lucy Parker publish a new book, I’m always very excited about that. Because I’m a big fan of her writing style and books. But this time, I was a bit anxious about reading her new book ‘Headliners’ and the reason for that was because of the main characters, Sabrina Carlton and Nick Davenport. If you have read the previous story ‘The Austen playbook’ you will
c, (½ of readsrainbow)
On my blog.

Rep: Black mc and side characters, wlw side characters

Galley provided by publisher

There is something about Lucy Parker’s books that makes you want to just go and bingeread all the romance books you can find (and yes, I am currently trying to resist the urge to do just that). Headliners is obviously no different.

In this installment of London Celebrities, we follow Sabrina and Nick, two rival TV presenters (and before you ask, no I couldn’t stop thinking Chilling Adventures of Sabrina
Bethany
Jan 15, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2020-interested
Headliners is the latest installment of the London Celebrities series by Lucy Parker, and it's a whole lot of fun! We follow side characters from the previous book who are TV host rivals with a complicated history and animosity. Now Sabrina and Nick must work together on a morning show in order to save their respective careers. Their relationship begins to thaw and they must discover who is behind the seeming sabotage of their show.

This was funny and sweet and would make a fantastic rom-com
Teresa
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Lucy Parker. I have at the very least enjoyed every one of her books because her writing is so smooth and (feels) effortless. But this book just about took over my life as I immersed myself in her words. The hints in The Austen Playbook about these two - the whole rivals, enemies vibe - had me excited for the book, but I had no idea just how perfect it would be. It hit all my top notes, had the writing that makes life around you disappear, and I simply could not put it down. Until I ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »

• Love Lettering
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Love Her or Lose Her (Hot & Hammered, #2)
  • The Worst Best Man
  • Open House (Uptown, #2)
  • The A.I. Who Loved Me
  • Night of the Scoundrel (The Devils of Dover, #3.5)
  • The Honey-Don't List
  • A Match Made for Thanksgiving (Holidays with the Wongs, #1)
  • My Fake Rake (Union of the Rakes, #1)
  • A Second Chance Road Trip for Christmas (Holidays with the Wongs, #2)
  • A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3)
  • Playing House (Uptown, #1)
  • If I Never Met You
  • Mermaid Inn
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • One Christmas Eve (Cedar Street, #2)
  • Lush Money (Filthy Rich #1)
Lucy Parker lives in New Zealand, where she feels lucky every day to look out at mountains, lakes, and vineyards. She has a degree in Art History, loves museums and art galleries, and doodles unrecognizable flowers when she has writer’s block.

When she’s not writing, working or sleeping, she happily tackles the towering pile of to-be-read books that never gets any smaller. Thankfully, there’s

London Celebrities (5 books)
  • Act Like It (London Celebrities, #1)
  • Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)
  • Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)