Start by marking “Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)” as Want to Read:
Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)

Headliners

(London Celebrities #5)

Sparks fly when two feuding TV presenters are thrown together to host a live morning show in Lucy Parker’s latest enemies-to-lovers contemporary romance.

He might be the sexiest man in London, according to his fan site (which he definitely writes himself), but he’s also the most arrogant man she’s ever met.

She might have the longest legs he’s ever seen, but she also has the
Published January 20th 2020 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Headliners, please sign up.
Katharine (Ventureadlaxre) All of the books are such a joy that I'd read them all in order just because :D Otherwise I agree with Alex; at least book four and then book five.

Start your review of Headliners (London Celebrities, #5)
Hollis
This will likely come as no surprise to readers who have experienced, and loved, Parker's previous London Celebrities books but HEADLINERS just made me so happy. This book was like a warm, funny, sweet hug and it was everything I wanted it to be and everything I needed right now.

This was Nick Davenport. He was Nick. She kept silently repeating that as a sort of protective mantra. But it was starting to — it was starting to mean something different.

I'm a huge fan of Parker's opposites attract
Addie H
SPOILER FREE ARC - expected release 20th Jan 2020

(Tropes: Enemies to Lovers, Work Colleagues, Opposites Attract, Forced Proximity, Love Triangle)

description

I adore Lucy Parker’s books. Several are among my favourite contemporary romance books of all time, and this was a strong delivery. Just imagine how I reacted when I got an email saying an ARC was waiting on me.

description

This book is somewhat of a continuation of the previous in the series, The Austen Playbook, and it doesn’t work great as a stand-alone – but
aarya
At several times during Headliners, our heroine Sabrina Carlton sarcastically wonders if her extremely bad luck is due to cosmic irony (aka the universe's method of laughing at her). Like Sabrina, I also attributed my present circumstances to the universe. Unlike Sabrina, it wasn't cosmic irony but rather cosmic fortune. This book is so freaking good that I paused every two chapters and profusely thanked the unknown entity upstairs for delivering this book to my tablet (all right, it isn't ...more
Hannah
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Of course I loved this. Lucy Parker writes the best romance novels and I have enjoyed every single book in this series. I was beyond ecstatic to receive an ARC of this book I could read over my Christmas break - because this is a Christmas novel at heart. Headliners follows on from the events of The Austen Playbook which for me had the advantage that the dual time-lines usually employed for hate-to-love romances was not necessary, dual time-lines being something I do not particularly enjoy in ...more
Joanna Loves Reading
Jan 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc, reviewed, cr, best-couples
Enemies to lovers at its finest. While each book in the series has had a play on the this trope, this was probably the most true to theme. There was great setup in the previous book The Austen Playbook for this showdown between Nick and Serena, and this story delivered on its delicious promise.

Nick and Serena are rival broadcasters vying for prime time at their recently merged network. Having known each other for years, they knew the competition would be fierce because they knew the other was
Bookphenomena (Micky)
How damn adorable is that cover? It gave me vibes before I started the book, but it gives me serious heart eyes on finishing. HEADLINERS took me a little while to get into, but once I did (about 20%), I was hook, line and sinker for this story and these characters.

This interconnected standalone in the London Celebrities series was a enemies to more trope but I want to impress that this gave so much more than that phrasing suggests. There was a longish standing dislike between Nick and Sabrina
Antonella
Jan 05, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Headliners is a contemporary romance novel.
This is book five in the London Celebrity series. Even though it can be read as standalone I advise you to read book four before reading this one. Which is not a hardship. Book four- The Austen Playbook is one of my favorite reads of 2019.

Comparing this to the previous books in the series this book moves from theater to television. Sabrina and Nick are tv host that need to work together on a morning show. That wouldn't be a problem, but they are not
*The Angry Reader*
Jan 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs, 2020, best-of-2020
I didn’t read the synopsis before I started this one. Thank goodness!
(Total side thing here - but within the last year another reader pointed out the fallacy of the “trope.” How that word is dismissive and groups together books in a sort of random and unimportant way - creating impressions that all books with a similar storyline must be alike. And frequently that does a great disservice to the reader and the book. I’ve said it before - I’m sure I’ll say it again - I think I don’t like certain
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, steamy
This is fifth in a series that, until now, has been only tangentially related. This one, however, is rather tightly tied to The Austen Playbook with key preparatory events happening there. So I definitely recommend reading at least that one first.

This was a really good enemies to lovers story and one I enjoyed immensely—though honestly, Sabrina doesn't really do enemies... Sabrina was kind of awesome and I loved having more from her family, too. I like how strong she is while leaning into her
StMargarets
Fun enemies to lovers story. H/h were introduced in the first book in the series as rival evening talk show hosts. The plot deepened for them in the Austen Playbook when the hero broke a story about the heroine's grandmother's plagiarism.

When the story opens both the H/h are under scrutiny by the public and their bosses. As punishment and proving ground, the H/h are to co-host the morning show for the month of December.

As you can see, that premise is a lot of fun. Morning TV is ridiculous and
Mara
Dec 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook-owned, arc
The well-loved tropes in this delightful contemporary cornucopia runneth over -- we've got hate to love, we've got office romance, we got huddling for warmth, we got fake relationship, we got Slytherin & Slytherin romance. All the tropes! And surprising no one, Lucy Parker totally pulls all these elements together in a lovely, believable way. This is one of the funnier entries in her London Celebrities series (driven mainly by the hijinks on the main couple's morning show), but that doesn't ...more
Blackjack

The fifth book in Lucy Parker's London Celebrities series may not have displaced Pretty Face for my personal favorite, but I did have a big smile on my face the entire time I read this one. One of the recurring themes is that the main characters, celebrity journalists Sabrina Carlton and Nick Davenport, have magic when they are together, regardless of whether they are antagonists, co-workers, or lovers. I felt absolutely convinced of their chemistry, on and off screen, and that's despite
Caz
Dec 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance-other, arc, aar
In Headliners, the fifth book in her London Celebrity series, author Lucy Parker shifts her focus from London’s Theatreland to the world of television, to bring readers a wonderfully sharp, funny, sexy and grown-up romance between a pair of rival TV presenters who profess to hate each other’s guts, but who, of course, doth protest too much.

[Unlike the other books in this series, Headliners isn’t really a standalone and readers would benefit from reading [book:The Austen Playbook|42279630]
nick
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I sincerely doubt that my review and rating for Headliners will come to anyone's surprise, especially with the hero being called Nick. Reading Lucy Parker's books is equivalent to coming home for me. They are warm, comforting, and pack some powerful emotions. Headliners is another excellent novel from a massively talented author!

Sabrina and Nick's love story began in The Austen Playbook. I think it's important to check out that book (and all of Lucy's books for that matter) to see the
Andrea
Dec 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance, netgalley
4.5 stars rounded up for mature adults having actual conversations! And because it's Lucy Parker, after all. She's one of my go-to authors for sweet and hilarious contemporary romances that just leave you feeling giddy and warm.

This was another excellent addition to the series, and I loved seeing all of the previous couples again. Ok, mostly just Richard and Lainie. They remain one of my favorite couples ever. But I digress…

It's very rare I enjoy an "enemies" to lovers story, but in the
Dísir
4.5 stars...I'd round up.

Nick Davenport and Sabrina Carlton are petty rivals on and off tv, but there’s good cause for it…up until the point where both their careers are suddenly in jeopardy. A twist of events forces them to co-host the dreaded early-morning show which no one bothers with, since it’s not quite the ‘serious’ stuff compared to what they used to do, and with the list of grievances sitting between them, neither’s looking good at all. This status quo doesn’t look like it’s about to
Cyndi
Jan 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What a wonderful, wonderful, wonderful book! (Yes, that is three wonderfuls. Be glad I didn't fill the page with them. Cause I wanted too,) I loved this book so much! If you haven't read any Lucy Parker books yet, climb out from under the rock and grab some. She's brilliant!
In this installment of the London Celebrities we have two talk show folks. She is the sister of a previous character and he is her nemesis. . Interested yet? Wait till you hear the rest of it. The two of them have been at
Steph's Romance Book Talk
4.25 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

I love good enemies to lovers' stories, and this story is everything I LOVE!! Sabrina and Nick are rival TV Show hosts thrown together to rebuild their images and careers. The banter and sexual chemistry is off the chart between Sabrina and Nick, and everyone sees it but them.

Video review available in Week 3 Jan 12 – 18 weekly book reviews.

For other video book reviews, check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Jan
Feb 04, 2020 rated it liked it
3 to 3.5 stars. I liked it OK, but didn't love it as much as many others plainly do. Took me a little while to finish it cos I wasn't totally hooked.

It's about two TV hosts on a morning show. It's not a TV genre I watch, and I found it a little difficult to connect with the main characters. They felt a little two-dimensional to me.

The plot line was OK, and there were some sweet moments. Overall, the book was a little underwhelming for me. Not the worst in the series (I haven't been able to
Nadia
Okay, I adore this book!

Everything about Headliners was a home-run for me. It was funny, it was sweet, it was enjoyable, it had banter and witty dialogue, mature characters who voice their opinions and beliefs, and just enough steam to spice it all up.
You know, somewhere around the middle I realized it's one of those rare books that has heart. I know it sounds weird, but you'll get it if you read it. The way Nick and Sabrina act around each other just gives you warm, fuzzy feelings.

I can't
Jess
LUCY PARKER IS A GENIUS. This was excellent. I am only sad this series seems to be at an end.
Luli
Puedes encontrar esta reseña en español al final.

It is so difficult to find good stories. It seems easy, but it is not. But, between thousands and thousands of clichés, melodrama and pompous prose, occasionally you meet one. Because there are authors who decide that telling a story is more than a HEA. Something more than a bag of trite ideas wrapped in cheap melodrama that lead to the deliberate happy end. Sometimes I meet authors like Ms. Parker who decide that in romance, more important than
Kate
Jan 14, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites, 2020
ARC received from publisher via NetGalley in an exchange for an honest review.

Ever since "Act Like It", London Celebrities series has found a place among my favourite contemporary romance reads and this book only strengthened its position. Lucy Parker writes engaging, heartfelt stories paired with relatable, interesting and humanly flawed characters.

It's a thing to cherish, really.

I've been intrigued by the possibility of Sabrina and Nick since the very moment they appeared in this series. I'm
Stephanie
Jan 20, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Every time I read a new book from Lucy Parker, I think, oh, THIS one is my favorite. And it's happened again! - which is even more surprising because at the end of her last book, the guy who's the hero of this book did something so unforgivable, I thought, nope, he'll never work as the hero of this one.

But he did! He stayed the same person, but he genuinely did the work to make up for a REALLY terrible lapse of ethical judgment (as a journalist) and exarned forgiveness from his friends and from
Kelsie Maxwell
Jan 26, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley-read
Headliners by Lucy Parker is book five in her London Celebrities series. Though part of a series, it reads well as a standalone. This is my first novel by this author, so I was happy to discover a fine example of contemporary romance.

Sabrina Carlton and Nick Davenport have both had recent scandals affect their reputations and careers. They’ve been bumped from their respective evening programs and slated to cohost a failing morning show. This is a tall order because their professional
Sometime
Jan 20, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: harlequin
This is the fifth book in the London Celebrities series and it's another winner. I loved it! It can be read as a standalone but I recommend you read book 4 first since there are spoilers for that plot in book 5.

Sabrina has every reason to hate Nick, her competition in the evening news shows. But their networks have been bought out and after a few bad months they are reassigned to the early morning news show--together. The sparks fly as we watch these two bicker and fling insults but grow closer
Nicole (TheBookWormDrinketh)
4.5 out of 5 stars
SO.CUTE. I’ve already been recommending this one to people in my life… So, that says everything. I couldn’t even wait until I could get my review out to tell people to read it. If you like cozy mysteries? READ THIS. If you like Hate to Love Rom Coms? READ THIS. If you like Brit Coms? READ THIS. Basically, what I’m saying is…. READ THIS.

Written from the alternate perspectives of both Sabrina and Nick this was a really fun read from start to finish. Silly, romantic. steamy and
Katie
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
I liked this! It didn't reach the heights of The Austen Playbook for me, but it still gave me that good book feeling. I really enjoyed the almost-accidental, almost-fake relationship portrayed by the paparazzi!

And, wow, Lucy Parker is SO good at writing side characters. Give me all the stories!

Overall owned book 4/5 for the month
Alexa
Making it Goodreads official — I bloody loved this book! It’s such a sweet romance, and I truly enjoyed both Nick and Sabrina (and all of the cameos). Parker has a real knack for capturing the spirit of my favorite romantic comedy films in her stories, and I think Headliners is the ultimate proof of that skill.
Leigh Kramer
This was one of my most anticipated books of 2020 and it was utter perfection! Nick and Sabrina are rival TV hosts who are forced to team up on a morning show. This is enemies-to-lovers at its finest, written with Parker’s trademark wit and it gave me so much life. Nick and Sabrina had crackling chemistry and I loved watching their expectations of one another get upended. Nick has a sense of his true feelings for Sabrina first but the extra delightful part of this story was how everyone knew ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Love Lettering
  • Hearts on Hold: A Librarian Romance
  • A Fake Girlfriend for Chinese New Year (Holidays with the Wongs, #3)
  • Open House (Uptown, #2)
  • House Rules (Uptown, #3)
  • Heartland (True North, #7)
  • A Second Chance Road Trip for Christmas (Holidays with the Wongs, #2)
  • A Beastly Kind of Earl (Longhope Abbey, #2)
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Forever My Duke (Unlikely Duchesses, #2)
  • Due South (The Compass #5)
  • The Prince of Broadway (Uptown Girls, #2)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Desire and the Deep Blue Sea (Love Unscripted, #1)
  • A Big Surprise for Valentine's Day (Holidays with the Wongs, #4)
  • The One for You (The Ones Who Got Away, #4)
  • Must Love Coffee
  • A Match Made for Thanksgiving (Holidays with the Wongs, #1)
Lucy Parker lives in New Zealand, where she feels lucky every day to look out at mountains, lakes, and vineyards. She has a degree in Art History, loves museums and art galleries, and doodles unrecognizable flowers when she has writer’s block.

When she’s not writing, working or sleeping, she happily tackles the towering pile of to-be-read books that never gets any smaller. Thankfully, there’s

London Celebrities (5 books)
  • Act Like It (London Celebrities, #1)
  • Pretty Face (London Celebrities, #2)
  • Making Up (London Celebrities, #3)
  • The Austen Playbook (London Celebrities, #4)