Start by marking “Another Round” as Want to Read:
Another Round

Another Round

She knows I would die for her. Even if her father is the one who wants me dead.

A call I don’t expect. A job I don’t want. A hassle I don’t need. I’d protected his wife a long time ago, and now the notorious mob boss wants me to keep his daughter safe. I resist the tempting and troublesome mafia princess for as long as I can, but once I take her, there’s no going back, no givi
Published September 30th 2019 by Happy Drunk Productions, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Another Round, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Another Round

Leigh
Oct 02, 2019 rated it liked it

Another Round was a short very sweet story about a dangerous man existing with tremendous guilt and a young naïve mafia princess whose father Nick a powerful mob boss asked him to be her bodyguard. Nick and Andy's relationship goes back many years to before Evie was born. I was so excited when I realized Nick and Shae who are Evie's parents already have a set of books which I definitely plan to read. Now back to Andy and Evie, they were great together and I loved how their a
Samantha K
FYI - I received an ARC after beta-reading the first version.

OM/YW romance
H - He was j/p BUT there weren’t many j/p scenes due to the story not having many j/p opportunities and not due to the H. The H was an adoring, possessive and faithful alpha. He’s large, muscular, tough and a very skilled bodyguard. He was hired by the h’s dad (a mafia boss) to protect her. (The H had worked for her dad in the past.)
h - She was a very sheltered mafia princess and a college student.
Stephanie
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed the way this book started out. It caught your attention and made you need to know what would happen next.
Sheri M
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I write short reviews so the length is not an indicator of how much I liked the book.

Another Round is a love story in which the H won't get out of his own way. He wants to claim the h in the good ol' alpha boy way, but circumstances keep him from doing so the second he meets her (like he wants to). His age, her age, her maturity level, his coarseness, and a certain Big Bad compete with his desire to take and keep her all for himself. Will he jump in, and if he does, will he survive t
Rebecca  Kleckner
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Evie and Andy are so cute!
A mafia princess and a mercenary, he has a job to do and she is just supposed to get away from the life and make one of her own and learn along the way.
A dark and painful past meets a bright and vibrant future. She brings him out of his shell and he falls in love while doing it. Bring in picnics, strawberry picking, and a baseball game witha dog adoption its amazingly sweet and warm hearted. I absolutely loved this story, my first of nikki's and now I need to go
Sherry Sias
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
WOW! I honestly think this is the first book by Nikki Belaire I have read, and honestly, not sure why. I love Andy and Evies story. He is lost in a past mistake, that cost him people he cared about. Evie is a light brought into his life when he is hired by his old boss to protect his daughter.
She brings him back to the land of the living when he falls in love with her, despite the age gap.
Question is, when his boss/her father finds out, do they get their HEA?
Lynn Thinking out loud
Absolutely loved this book. This is Evie and Andy's story. Andy's past is tragic but with Evie he comes back to the land of the living. But how long will he be alive after her father Nick DeMarco finds out about them? Yes that Nick from Wine and Whiskey. Nick and Shae's daughter is Evie.
This is an older man/younger woman romance.
Joy Westerfield
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin with how amazing this story is?! After reading about Andy in the Wine & Whiskey series, I was hoping for a book about him. And what a book it is! When Nick, Andy’s former boss, decides Evie, his daughter, needs to become somewhat independent, he sends her away to an internship with Andy as her protector. But when Andy sees her, he knows this will be a difficult job, because he wants her and she is forbidden. As you read, their interactions are sweet and steamy. Both dan ...more
Fran Zoch, LSoR
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the perfect story when it comes to a man who is to protect a woman and then things happen and now he will not let her go.
Throw in the Mafia and you are like what the heck can happen next!!
Julia Leonard
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nick is worried about his daughter Evie's safety, and who else better to protect her than one of his friends/ ex employees.
When Andy first laid eyes on Evie something stirred in his very soul.
He tried to fight the feelings to no avail.
Nikki has truly outdone herself with this latest masterpiece.
Kim  Brewing
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She did it again!!! This author never fails to suck me in with her story telling and Another Round gave my heart lots of love, especially when I realized who Evie was.

Andy gets a call from an old boss with a job he doesn't really wants but takes anyway. When we are introduced to Evie we can see why she is probably giving her dad grey hair! LOVED how she defended her friend. Neither knew how much they would come to mean to each other....and Gus. But can they be more than a summer fling?

I loved
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a surprising and exciting must read! I loved Evie and Andy's story! Possessive, compassionate, determined and funny, these two will melt your heart. You'll fall in love with Gus just like I did and if you're an avid reader of Nikki Belaire's, you'll be pleasantly surprised at who Evie is. I won't say more than this as I'm not one to give spoilers.
Katrina Haynes
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read by Nikki as I love all of her books.. I was not able to put this one down as it had me from the first page.. I not want to give much away but you want to read this one.. I can't wait to see what Nikki has coming next🖤🖤🖤
Andrzejewski Amy
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
VivaVixen Virtuda
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
10⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐❤❤❤

SO. DAAAAAYYYYUM. GOOD!!

Andy is the kind of hero we all dream about: dominant and protective, a little damaged from wounds no one can see, but once his heart is breached there ain’t nothing going to stop him from loving his woman with his entire body and soul. And man, does he fall hard for Evie. He tries to resist. After all, she’s a mob boss’s daughter, naive and sheltered—although fierce and feisty, brimming with sometimes reckless bravado—and he’s old enough to be her f
Sharon
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A relatively short older man / younger woman forbidden romance.

Andy is contacted by Evie’s father to do him a favor and protect his daughter while she is in town. He is haunted by a past mistake which cost him everything but he agrees to her father’s request. She is quite the trouble maker, but really just wants to be able to protect herself and not be seen as weak. One thing leads to another and they become involved, but what will her mob boss father do when he finds out.

Teri
Sep 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
When it comes to Alpha males Nick is the epitome of one, well at least until you count Andy. He was Shay's bodyguard a while back and now we get reintroduced to him with Nick and Shay's baby girl all grown up. She isn't a sweet little lady like her mom, more like the pistol and stubborn daddy she adores and wants to emulate. I love when authors take us through the bloodlines and bring old friends back so we know the characters. It's like saying hello to old family members or friends. In this cas ...more
Gwen Shafer
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was an enjoyable book from beginning to end. Evie is quite the feisty woman. She will do whatever it takes for her friends until one day when she goes a little to far. She ends up getting sent away to prove to her father that she can be a better person. Her father calls a buddy of his Andy to be her bodyguard but Andy doesn't expect feisty sexy Evie. Evie doesn't know what to expect when she arrives but she never expected things to happen the way that they do. Will Evie and Andy find happin ...more
Christie Marsh
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved Evie and Andy's story! When you fall you can't help who it's with and this was an unmatched matched romance. When you grow up with your father being the head of the mafia and security around you 24/7 you grow up fast, and your rebellion gets more creative. When Evie got sent to California to live in the same apartment complex as Andy, she wasn't full aware he would be her new security. Andy, didn't realize she was as beautiful as her mother and their chemistry was over the top. Andy made ...more
Jolene Huber
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mob Princess And The Deadly Brit

Evie is the daughter of a big mob boss. Trying to find her way in the world she is kinda naive about. Always having a bodyguard and protection from the world. That is until she tries to go at it alone. Fearing for her safety her dad sends her away for a while. To stay with one of his most productive former bodyguards. Old enough to be her father. Deadly enough to protect her from anything. Andy is a sexy tattooed British man who would die to protect her. This
lovestoread
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Andy is dragged out of retirement to look after Nick's daughter Evie.  Figuring shes going to be a princess Andy is not prepared.
Never in a million years did Andy figure he'd fall again. Evie is temptation out of control  shes as hard headed as her father, but nowhere near the life experience due to daddy's protection.

Hot and heavy, danger and excitement all rolled into this stellar Belaire sequel.
Not sure where Nikki's characters play when they aren't actively scrambl
Kaci Stewart
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Such an amazing book!!! These two are meant for each other even when everything in the world tells them they aren't. It's a somewhat coming of age story, with hot sexy times and an amazing storyline. Nikki did an amazing job with the imagery and the palpable feelings that were in this book. You'll read this book so quickly and then be sad you're done. Cannot wait to see what's next!!
Pamela
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Andy is assigned to protect his boss daughter Evie. He's older than her but he knows she's the one for him. He wants to claim her but has to take things slower than he'd like to go. Evie is a mafia princess and is so much younger than Andy. I loved these characters and how they interact with each other. A good read.
Kristi
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Andy and Evie’s story squeezed my heart, gave me a lump in my throat, and made me shed a few tears. It’s a second chance at happiness for Andy who is lost in a world of the demons that haunt him and a new beginning for Evie, the mafia princess searching for her rightful place in the family business. A compelling read!
Michele Del Rey
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book. The chemistry between these two was amazing and I could not get enough. I loved these two together from beginning to end. I loved the writing and I wanted this book to go on forever.
Heather Mize
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the book I have been dying to read. This book is about Eviw who is Nick and Shae's daughter from Wine and Whiskey and Andy who was Shae's bodyguard. I LOVE the younger heroine and older hero books and this book did NOT disappoint. I love how protective Andy is of Evie but I also love how strong Evie is in this book. I feel like this the perfect happily ever after for all of them. Loved this book!!!
Lisa
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy crap. This book blew me away. Once I started it I couldn’t put it down. Danger. Drama. Intense chemistry. Action packed storyline. A definite must read book!!
Sylvie Rochon
Oct 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

First read from this author and I loved it. It wasn't the first book in this series though, so I do want to read all of it soon.
Lori Amey
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A mob boss sends his daughter away to protect her, to the one person he trusts with her life. Evie has other plans, she wants the bodyguard. Is Andy strong enough to resist her? This story is worth the read. I highly recommend you read this book, when it is available.
Jackie
Oct 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
DNF - Quit at 28%
First, I don't know, I didn't like the main characters enough to want to continue reading their story. The age gap was also a little disconcerting for me, I believe he was 45 and she was about 20 (without going back to double check the ages), which isn't horrendous and done all the time in the real world, but when he talks about last seeing her when she was about 6 months old to her father, it just bothered me -in a "give me creeps" kind of way. The whole thing about him b
Nikki writes contemporary romantic thrillers and admits to a weakness for alpha males and bad boys, especially ones who can’t live without the strong women they love.

She spends more time in her characters’ lives than her own. But, when she’s in the real world, her passions include reading, wine appreciating, running, and spending time with her husband and daughter.