Start by marking “Toskaheart (Travelers Series: Book 0)” as Want to Read:
Toskaheart (Travelers Series: Book 0)

Toskaheart

(Travelers #0)

Is happiness worth the risk when your life is the wager?

In the depressing gray landscape of 2170 Moscow, Sasha Roborovskiy is fighting to make something of his life. Alcoholism, government-mandated medication, and a dead-end job create impossible hurdles, pushing Sasha into a daily routine of isolation, fatigue, and confusion. He dreams of a place free from the crushing
Published January 2020 by Cozy Dystopia Press

To ask other readers questions about Toskaheart, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Toskaheart

Start your review of Toskaheart (Travelers Series: Book 0)
Andrea Stoeckel
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
”He wasn’t sure how relatable he was. Joining this science venture was more of an escape than a noble cause… Still, he was here to create a better life for himself away from bad friends and a government squashing him under its thumb...."

This story is set just before the start of Hess' Travelers series. Sasha is a young man living in a much different 'Moscov' than we think of, one where everyone is tracked by identity chips, given little freedom and pills that make you compliant and actually make
Adam Mahler
Feb 12, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I've been a huge fan of Alias books for a long time now and they just keep getting better and better. This is a prequel to the main travelers series showing the back story of one of the more colorful characters named Sasha. The amount of color and imagery that's input into the books and series makes them so worthy of your time and consideration. Please read this as well as the rest of the books in the series. You won't be disappointed, I promise you that.

Kali
Jan 10, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I loved diving into this vibrant yet suffocating totalitarian futuristic Moscow, following Sasha as he longs for escape, even if that means setting his sight on a virus-ridden America. Hess's writing is witty, warm and fantastically visual. Looking forward to reading more of the Travelers series.
Sam
Jan 06, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Another brilliant story by Alia Hess! I really enjoyed it! Well written & intriguing! Well worth a read & so nice to have more background on the characters! Excellent!
OldBird
Take a deep dive into the backstory of one Sasha Roborovskiy, hero (of sorts) of the Travelers series and feel your heart break in slow motion. It was actually quite a hard one for me to read because of the sheer amount of despair and how heavily societal issues lay upon the shoulders of one broken man who desperately wants to change in a world determined to keep him miserable.

In a terrible dystopian future Moscow, Sasha's life's a mess. A recovering alcoholic, his day is dictated by dull jobs
Darby Harn
Feb 17, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Toskaheart offers a new and intriguing glimpse into the wider universe of the Travelers series. We get a fascinating introduction to an alternate Russia that did not suffer the pandemic disaster the United States did in this post-apocalyptic series. Russia advances in some technological aspects, particularly drones and holograms, but remains distressingly locked in the past in cultural and political ways. Pinched in all of this is Sasha, one of the primary characters of the series. Here we get ...more
Trudi Loader
Feb 18, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved this book. Sasha is a loveable character and the story follows him through the challenges of daily life, which is heavily monitored in a future Russia. This is no place for misfits. I was on the edge of my seat willing Sasha to make the right decisions. I can't wait to follow him on his journey in the next book!
Barbara
Jan 01, 2020 is currently reading it
Episode one is well-written but very grey. I am reading the free copies as they are sent.
Alia Hess
Aug 17, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Coming in January for free to all newsletter subscribers and/or members of The Cult of Sasha.

Sign up for the newsletter: http://eepurl.com/gkNEIf

or

Join the cult, baby. We have pizza: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thecu...
Essa Hansen

• The Sellout
  • Reapers, Inc.
  • Recollections of a Private Soldier in the Army of the Potomac
  • Whisper Valley: A Wild Country Western
  • The Trail to Santa Rosa (The Wild Country #2)
  • The Trick to Time
Alia Hess is an autistic, nonbinary author and artist, writing the stories they want to read. They grew up in the middle of the Idaho desert and spent their hour-long bus rides to and from school reading books on UFOs and the paranormal. As they grew older and developed a passion for art and writing, they never shook their love of the fantastic and unknown.

Alia writes cozy and uplifting stories in

Travelers (5 books)
  • Travelers (Travelers #1)
  • Chromeheart (Travelers #2)
  • Wolfwater (Travelers #3)
  • Southsayer (Travelers #4)
  • Bloodsister (Travelers #5)