Start by marking “Surrender: A Lily of the Valley Novella” as Want to Read:
Surrender: A Lily of the Valley Novella

Surrender: A Lily of the Valley Novella

In the twilight hours of summer, he claims me.

Always.

SURRENDER is a standalone dark paranormal romance novelette set in the Lily of the Valley series.
Published October 1st 2019

Start your review of Surrender: A Lily of the Valley Novella
Jessica {Litnoob}
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish this was longer because it was an intriguing peek into this world that I want more of. It was dark, and for people who are not ok with blood, violence, very public sex this is not for you. But if you aren’t triggered by such things then this reads like the grimmest of Grimm fairytales. It’s this mix of mythology and dark magic that’s gonna be super compelling in a full length novel.
Cécile Smits
Finding this on bookfunnel,i was intrigued,and i decided to find out more.
Reading it,i soon discovered i made the right choice.
This is the story of light versus dark,of spring/summer versus autumn/winter.
Loosely based on the story of Hades and Persephone,this little beauty was something i truelly enjoyed.
Anne Z.
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Very short and to the point.
It is dark and steamy and holds great promise to what the author has in store for the future.
Like most novellas you are left wanting for more and feeling like you missed a lot. I wanted to know their past, I felt like I was missing something important the whole time.
That being said, it was creative, dark, sexy, and I truly can't wait to see this author's writing flourish on a whole book. I have a feeling it will be epic.
Nicola Rose
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Hot, hot, HOT!! Absolutely loved this! The author writes under several pen names and I can't get enough of alllll her words! Beautifully written, steamy, seductive, dark... a deliciously sexy clash of good vs evil. This makes my 'anti-heroes and enemies to lovers' heart happy! What a great introduction to this world, can't wait to see what comes next.
Chani
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this! I'm really excited to see more of this world and more from this author! The characters were fantastic, the plot moved at a perfect pace, and I highly recommend you all check it out! This is a seriously short review because I honestly have nothing bad to say.
Kate V
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Not going to lie...I didn't really understand this novella. I guess its loosely based off Hades and Persephone but I guess I didn't understand the context of what was going on. When I got to the end, I was like what?! no! I need more! So while I honestly didn't understand what was going on, Evie Kent has a gift. Kent can write a beautiful and vivid story. And this story was sexy, entertaining and suspenseful. I just wanted more backstory, more character development and more from the HFN ending. ...more
R Y A N  ⚡️
{ARC} 5/5 - Quick, dark, and steamy dubcon novelette — featuring a unique retelling of Persephone and Hades.

This is a teaser for what’s to come next year from Ms. Evie Kent. I’m looking forward to all the dark and dubious stories she’s cooking up.

For a short story it packed full of world building and rounded character development. Silas, a warlock, and Riona, a Fae, have a dubious relationship that collides once a year... in a very steamy and ritual encounter.

Evie Kent weaves an enchanting
Emily
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve always adored the Greek myth of the abduction of Persephone by Hades, the god of the underworld. That’s why I was so happy to find this novella. I feel the author has composed the most enchanting version of this myth I've ever encountered (at least as an adult, reading an adult version of it!). Hades is portrayed as Silas, an evil Warlock King. Persephone is depicted as Riona, Woodland Fairy, Goddess of Summer. Silas will do almost anything to capture her. Riona will do anything to escape, ...more
✨The Quick & Dirty Bibliophile✨

Overall: 4.5/5
Steam: 3/5
Feels:

~REVIEW~
The Quick and Dirty: An amuse bouche that whets the appetite for Evie Kent's main course: her debut dark paranormal romance series, The Lily of the Valley, releasing in 2020.

A retelling of the Hades/Persephone tale, but with a twist. It's a novella but beautifully written; one wherein you realize that the narrative is indeed a retelling, but the story also has its own unique identity. I frequently feel unsatisfied by novellas, either due to the lack of
Gsmitty
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Evie Kent's 'Surrender' was everything I could have hoped for from her debut! Dark, tantalizing, teasing, tormenting, devious, and yet delightful, this collision of opposing forces, good and evil, light and dark, was epic!
Ríona and Silas were beautiful. I adore the myth that was explored here, and think that Evie offered an amazing interpretation, with a lot of personality and style injected into it! The chase, the battle of minds and of bodies, the ceremony, the ritual, the passion, and so much
Becky Baldridge
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book! I loved everything about this book! From that absolutely terrific cover to every last word, I loved this book. Surrender is an introduction to Evie Kent, just a taste of what we can expect, and let me tell you, this one blew me away. It's a touch dark, deliciously so, and absolutely beautifully written. The story comes together in only about an hour's read time, but there's a lot of story packed in those pages. The story takes off at high speed and doesn't let up. At one point, I was ...more
ReadingInPyjamas
A sensual retelling!

Surrender is the perfect introduction to the Lily Of the Valley world. A retelling of the Hades and Persephone myth, this story enthralled me. It was short and steamy, with a touch of darkness, enough to spark my interest in this series. What gripped me from the first page was the writing style. Evie Kent did a wonderful job in putting in words the character's emotions, it was poetic. Riona and Silas's interactions were suspenseful and angsty. The push and pull between them
thehotmesslibrary
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, this is an amazingly hot novella written by Evie Kent. It starts with a bang and just flows until the end. Set in the time of Gods, Goddesses and others the story takes you on a mythical journey of one woman’s sacrifice against the man who holds her body in passionate limbo but who also holds darkness against her light.

This is a very sexy, quick read. The scenes are unbelievably hot between the two characters with a sense of foreboding, forbidden desire and a dark paranormal romance. A must
Gin
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Quite entrancing! A quick, thrilling read with the enchanting faerie Riona, bride of spring, Queen of summer and a sexy dark warlock, Silas. She makes a deal with the sexy devil but always resist when it’s time to keep her bargain. The writing pulled me into the fast-paced story and keep me guessing until the dramatic ending. It built to a maddening level between our adversaries until the final crescendo of explosive release. I can’t wait to read more from this author!
Greyland Reviews
Oct 05, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 3-stars

credit to aurora-strix on Tumblr
This little novel gave me MAJOR Hades and Persephone vibes and, being the hoe I am for Lore Olympus I enjoyed this a lot. Can't wait to see more from this author.
Charlotte Clavier
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
A short story/Novella to kick start off the Lily of the Valley series and im hoping these two characters get their own longer book? Mainly because this book is very steamy considering its length im interested to know what happens to them? Two polar opposites in character Riona (FMC and Goddess of Spring) all goodness and light. Whereas Silas is all dark, dangerous and brooding. A dark book for some but not for me i liked it. Just wished it was longer
HilZie
Oct 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Though this is mirely a snippet of what is to come in this new Dark and deliciously wicked retelling, you won't be left down. New gods and goddesses are twisted to fit into the old tales of Olympus in order to maintain the magical balance on the unique world. I can't wait for more

Alyssa
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance
Short & sexy novelette that is just scary and atmospheric enough to be a perfect October read!
Nicole Johnson
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
THIS is amazing! Surrender is a richly written erotic paranormal novella about Riona, a fae, and Silas, a dark warlock. The story had me entranced from beginning to end and left me desperately wanting more of Silas and Riona. LOVED this book!! I look forward to more by this author.
Brenda Moser
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is a dark,sexy paranormal romance. The author does a fantastic job bringing the story to life with her descriptive writing and vividly painted scenes. She brings suspense and the forbidden in this short,sexy story. I loved and would recommend this book.

Heather Bane
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book kept me interested throughout and I enjoyed reading. The storyline is well written and enjoyable. A new author for me and I plan on reading more. I recommend reading this book.

Morgan (youarethelibrarian)
Oct 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish the story was longer! But it’s got me intrigued for this world where supernaturals control some places, and there are fae and demons and regular old humans with modern technology and who knows what else! It’s just a taste of what is to come with this series of standalones, and I couldn’t be more excited because I love this author’s writing! It’s so atmospheric and perfect for a fall read!
Michalle
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great debut short story for this author. The story was dark, intense and steamy. This was a modern day re-telling of Hades and Persephone where Silas was a dark high Priest and Riona was a forest Fae. The tale was intriguing and I want more of it.

I received an ARC of this book and voluntarily reviewed it.
Veronica Eden
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark and sexy with gorgeous prose that teases and enthralls you as much as the characters do! A perfect taste that leaves you eager for more of what's to come in the series. I have a fond love of Greek mythology and loved what Evie did with this retelling!
Romaine Heart
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author takes us on a seductive journey of the retelling of Hades (Silas) and Persephone (Riona). Evil vs good, dark vs light. Dark, twisted, steamy, voyeurism.
Riona, bride of spring, queen of summer, a fae who tries to resist the charms of the dark, sexy warlock, Silas.
A great quick read for what's coming next!!
Carol 27
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A sexy, seductive, and well written, mesmerizing tale; an intense encounter richly portrayed between compelling participants. Although I wanted more, this is a fabulous introduction to a new series!

I received an Advanced Reader Copy of this novella from the author and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Lilivette
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, 2019
I’m only giving this four bc I wanted more :(
Nicole Strycharz
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this because a friend made me do it. Now it’s almost midnight and I need a bath of boiling water, a therapist, and Jesus.

This book was so intensely hot that I think my kindle ignited.

Plus the story itself, the concept was creative as hell!
Monikat
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This seductive tale is almost poetic. Beautifully written and promises intriguing things to come.
I loved her pov, and glimpses of him. Just enough information to pull you in wondering what will happen next. Loved it.
Eroine Penzel
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
REVIEW (4/5):
Are you looking for a nice and spooky read for this period of the year?
With a dash of smut, because with smut, you can never go on, this novella is absolutely one of my favorites of October!
As a student of ancient literatures, I dread revisitations of myths, but this one, let me tell, is an highly suggested retelling of the "Hades and Persephone myth", most importantly, and I don't think that I'll ever be able to stretch the importance of this, this is so so ORIGINAL!
Starting with

• Penny (Unbowed Novels, #2)
  • The Puppetmaster
  • Cold Queen
  • Venom
  • Wild Card (Vegas Underground, #8)
  • Allure
  • Their Boy (The Game, #2)
  • Cherry Bomb
  • Hating You (Blackthorn Elite #1)
  • Wicked Thorne (Cursed Coven, #1)
  • Rush: The Beginning (Black Hearts Still Beat, #1)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • His Human Slave (Zandian Masters, #1)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume One (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #1)
  • Hate Crush
  • Aries (The Zodiac Queen, #1)
  • The Hitman's Desire: A Mafia Romance (John's book Book 1)
Evie Kent is a dark paranormal romance author who loves a possessive anti-hero and a strong-willed heroine. She has been #teamvillain for as long as she can remember, and thinks the dark side definitely has more fun.

Her work errs toward soft dark, and features soulmate-level romances with dubious beginnings, along with a dash of angst and a dollop of kink.