Start by marking “Fire & Water (Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator #3)” as Want to Read:
Fire & Water (Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator #3)

Fire & Water

(Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator #3)

I like my whiskey like I like my women: embroiled in a magical war

Ten years ago I fought for the Witch Queen of London in a mystical showdown against a King Arthur wannabe with a shaved head and a shotgun. Back then, the law did for him before he could do for us.

I don’t think we’ll get that lucky again.

As if the mother of all wizard battles wasn’t bad enough, fate or
ebook
Published February 24th 2020 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Fire & Water, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fire & Water

Start your review of Fire & Water (Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator #3)
Jude
Feb 13, 2020 rated it it was amazing
4.5*

For reasons entirely unrelated to the book itself, it took me a week to read Fire & Water, the third episode of Kate “not Batwoman” Kane’s adventures by Alexis Hall. A novel that length, I usually read in one sitting, two days at the most. It’s a testament to the author’s sense of pacing and overall talent that I never had any trouble going back straight and deep into the story whenever I managed to sit down and read.

Fire & Water picks up six months after Shadows & Dreams. Kate
Sibil
Feb 05, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: readtoreview
Thanks to NetGalley and to the Editor. I received a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review

I have started this series ages ago, and I was madly in love with it. But we had just two books to go around and I had waited soooo long for a sequel! So, when I learned that they were publishing it I was excited. Really, really excited. And, to be better prepared for this book, I have re-read the first one (re-edited, and you can find my review here).
What I discovered is that I have
Wendy
Jan 05, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I love this series! When I received the ARC for this book, I went and re-read books 1 and 2 just to re-acquaint with the world. I highly recommend reading them before starting this one. That way, one gets to know Kate Kane and the cast of characters surrounding her. Kate in one of my favourite characters in all the books I've read. She's cynical and jaded, but also loyal and truly bad-ass. This time, Kate finds herself in the middle of a mage war. She's supernaturally obligated to help Nimue. At ...more
Mel
Sep 04, 2019 marked it as to-read-not-yet-released-or-waiting
YESSSS!!!

I've been waiting for this book for ages.........
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-team
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

I jumped for joy - I had finally been approved for an Alexis Hall ARC.

Now, I am new to the Kate Kane series, jumped into book 3 without reading the first two, so it did take me a little while to get into the rhythm of the book.

Once I was there, I really had a fun old time reading and I just adored Kate and her friends. I love the banter, the fight scenes were wonderfully executed.

Now, because I haven't read the previous books, I was a bit confuzzled
Louise

It’s no secret that the Kate Kane books are one of my favourite series. It’s been a duology for a while, but I hadn’t given up hope that the series would continue. I was super duper excited when –finally! — the author announced Fire & Water was coming out (along with cover redesigns for the whole series. It could easily have been a case of over-hyping yourself but, I’m thrilled to say, this latest installment met all my expectations.

Fire & Water picks up on many of the plot threads from
Harlequin Books
Categories
Urban Fantasy, Vampires, Noir, Paranormal, Fantasy & Paranormal, Female/Female
Miniseries
Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator (Book #3)
Ginger
Dec 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.

WOW. I did not see the plot twists for this book coming.

Kate Spade is back. She is trying to find an artifact that will tip the scales of the world as she knows it.

Eliseo continues to grow as a "person" and discovers she has sisters created, animated and discarded by the same evil sculptor.

The vampires continue to conspire and betray - will anyone survive?
Annie Maus
Feb 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Alexis Hall’s Fire & Water could be the spawn of Humphrey Bogart (in The Maltese Falcon or Treasure of Sierra Madre) and a brilliant multi-level interactive video game. Add in Hall’s luxuriant command of facts and language. Shake them, don’t stir. The result is a novel that… well, Kate Kane, our paranormal investigator/heroine describes it perfectly: “There’s too much about all of this that doesn’t quite make sense.” But that’s exactly Fire & Water’s noir appeal. We’re on a fast-moving ...more
Charlotte
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
I find myself in the enviable position of not being able to come up with enough words of praise for this series. The first series I read by Alexis Hall was on the opposite end of the literary spectrum to this one. I read the Spires series. It's firmly rooted in the contemporary world we are familiar with and its primary characters are men. What I loved immediately was the way that Hall writes characters.

The Kate Kane Paranormal Investigator books have some of the best characters I've read in the
iam
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
I'm a bit torn about this one. The third installment of the Kate Kane series was fast-paced and kept upping the ante, the world once again at risk, on a much bigger scale than before.

And for the most part that was amazing. Kate and her various friends, exes, acquaintances, former enemies, current enemies, and more made for an amazing crew that was never boring to read about.

Content warnings include: violence and gore, injury and death, casual sexism, relationship between a teenager
Sadie Forsythe
Feb 13, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s been almost five years since I read the first two books in this series. So, I went into Fire & Water a little warily. I wasn’t sure I’d remember enough to follow the plot or if my memory of enjoying the earlier books was accurate. But Alexis Hall is one of my favorite authors, so I had faith. Hall catches the reader up on past events, in the beginning, carries Kate’s sardonic humor throughout and wraps everything up (while leaving an opening for more) in the end. All in all, it was ...more
Z Aung
Jan 01, 2020 rated it really liked it
Disclaimer: ARC provided in return for an honest review

Ah this was FUN. Serious fun. Things come to a head in this book as an old enemy of Kate's comes back with a vengeance. Kate is a little older and a lot wiser now, but she's going to need all the help she can scrouge up to take on good old Arthur.

As always, I'm impressed by Alexis Halls ability to weave several character threads and arcs together. The banter is perfectly executed, the fight scenes are gloriously choreographed, and arses are
Emily
Jan 31, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Amazonaute
Feb 16, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I received an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

Fire & Water is book 3 in the Kate Kane paranormal series. I have read each book as it has been published. I reread them back to back to fully understand what was going on. The series improves with rereading.

Book 3 resolves the story, but plenty is left for more stories, which is delightful.

We get to hang out with Kate and her world. The characters are great and multifaceted. Kate seems to be overly fond of roaring up to
Mara A. Kaplan
April
Oct 25, 2019
Alia Hess
Oct 28, 2019

• Out of Practice (Legal Affairs, #2)
  • Night and Silence (October Daye #12)
  • Proper English
  • Havesskadi
  • The House in the Cerulean Sea
  • This Town Sleeps
  • The Last
  • The Bird and the Sword (The Bird and the Sword Chronicles, #1)
  • European Travel for the Monstrous Gentlewoman (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club, #2)
  • A Crown of Iron & Silver (Soulbound #3)
  • The FIRE Wolf (Werewolves On HEAT Book 3)
  • In Sea-Salt Tears (October Daye, #5.1)
  • Galateo per ragazze da marito: Come non concedersi quasi mai, quasi a nessuno, e riuscire a non sposarsi lo stesso
  • Hard Ride
  • Forbid the Sea (October Daye, #7.2)
  • The Tyrant's Tomb (The Trials of Apollo, #4)
  • Bound by Flames (Night Prince, #3)
Genrequeer writer of kissing books.

Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator (3 books)
  • Iron & Velvet (Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator, #1)
  • Shadows & Dreams (Kate Kane, Paranormal Investigator, #2)