Start by marking “Love, Pride, Virtue, and Fate” as Want to Read:
Love, Pride, Virtue, and Fate

Love, Pride, Virtue, and Fate

You might know that Greek gods interfered on both sides of the Trojan War, but did you know that Hindu gods fought alongside both the Pandavas and Kauravas in the Mahabharata? In the same way the ancient Egyptians worshipped Ra above all else, did you know that the monkey-god, Hanuman, gained his wisdom from the sun? Did you know that Krishna and Hercules are often linked ...more
ebook
Published October 8th 2019 by Author

To ask other readers questions about Love, Pride, Virtue, and Fate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Pride, Virtue, and Fate

Start your review of Love, Pride, Virtue, and Fate
Nandini Bharadwaj
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
Note: I received a free digital ARC of the book via the author in exchange for an honest review

I love all things Hindu mythology and when an opportunity to read this book came along, I just couldn't resist. It's quite small and I got through the entire collection in a span of mere hours. The stories are accompanied by some adorable illustrations too. My favourite part was the little author's note at the end of each story in which he discusses the themes and the motivation behind including them.

shri (sunandchai)
Full review on my blog!

If you know me, you know I hardly stray from comfort zone of science fiction and fantasy YA/adult novels. However, when Bharat reached out to me with an opportunity to review his third and upcoming self-published compilation of short stories derived from Hinduism, I couldn’t resist. I’m not extremely devout, but Hinduism has been a huge part of my life from the very beginning: I grew up going to the temple every Sunday, memorized and performed shlokas and bhajans,
Isabelle | BookwyrmBites
I received an advance review copy from the author; all opinions are my own and honest.

Mythology is one of my favorite subjects to read about it, especially when the author manages to make it their own as Krishnan has done here! (The author's commentary following each story is a bit reminiscent of Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes, but intellectual / philosophical rather than snarky.)

I can only imagine how tricky it is to organize so many conflicting versions of so many interwoven, overlapping
Kaya
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
An incredible ownvoices collection of Hindu myths! My full review will be up on my blog the week of publication :)
Nada Sobhi
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Note: I received a free digital copy of Love, Pride, Virtue, Fate from its author Bharat Krishnan in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Love, Pride, Virtue, Fate by Bharat Krishnan is a collection of 25 short stories on Hindu mythology, covering topics like karma, dharma, kama, and more. The book also includes several artworks that give some visual to the tales.

Growing up, Krishnan fell in love with Hindu mythology, but when he went to research, he
Dany
I received an e copy of this book in exchange of my honest opinion.

This is an own voice review.

As an Indian Hindu , I grew up with these epics and Bharat krishnan has an amazing voice to tell these stories. And every story has an author's note of why he chose to write this and the importance of each story is marvelous.

Love , Pride , Virtue and Fate is an interesting anthology of Hindu epics. Or handy guide to Hindu religion if you may. This book explores the essence of Indian culture through the
Jayati
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you’re looking to read more about the Hindu mythology and enjoy it, you’ve found the correct book.

Love, Pride, Virtue and fate is a collection of short stories of the Hindu Mythology which are fun and easy to read. They are gripping and entertaining and it was a breeze getting through them!

The book is actually very easy to understand and is also perfect if you’re just starting to learn a little bit about Hindu mythology – I certainly learned a lot about Indian mythology from this book.

Stuthi Iyer
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly enjoyed reading such a thorough compilation of Hindu mythology. I was often surprised upon encountering stories I had never heard before. They are written for an audience of any age, but I hope children will do so. Our history is important to know, especially in the context of other religious lore. Bharat has done an incredible job painting vivid pictures of his short pieces and making singular comparisons to the Bible, for instance. I was both enlightened and satisfied reading about these ...more
November Is Nyarlathotep The Haunted Reading Room
I don't have much background in Hindu Mythology. Of course I've read of Krishna and Kali, and other personages and events in passing. But I didn't know much, so I am delighted with the newest release from author Bharat Krishnan, whom I discovered earlier this year when I serendipitously read his novella OASIS.

Here Mr. Krishnan delivers a delectable banquet of 26 anecdotal stories exploring various fascinating aspects of Hindu Mythology, in a fashion that is updated for our contemporary 21st
Shaylin Gandhi
Moony MeowPoff
Oct 12, 2019
Sakshi
Oct 12, 2019

• The Never Tilting World (The Never Tilting World, #1)
  • A House of Rage and Sorrow (The Celestial Trilogy, #2)
  • The Wedding Date (The Wedding Date, #1)
  • The Magician's Nephew (Chronicles of Narnia, #6)
  • The Shadowglass (The Bone Witch, #3)
  • Crier's War (Crier's War, #1)
  • With the Fire on High
  • The Poppy War (The Poppy War, #1)
  • 暁のヨナ 1 [Akatsuki no Yona 1] (Yona of the Dawn, #1)
  • We Are Totally Normal
  • Soul of the Sword (Shadow of the Fox, #2)
  • Destiny: Our Forever Love (The Larson Family Saga, #1)
  • Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha, #2)
  • There Will Come a Darkness (The Age of Darkness, #1)
  • This Star Won't Go Out: The Life and Words of Esther Grace Earl
  • Exercise is Murder (McKinley Mysteries, #12)
  • Our Wayward Fate
  • The Mystery of the Disappearing Cat (The Five Find-Outers, #2)
Confessions of a Campaign Manager was published in August 2016, my fantasy novel - Oasis - came out in December 2018, and my collection of Hindu mythology - Love, Pride, Virtue, and Fate - came out in October 2019.

Currently, I'm working on an #ownvoices urban fantasy trilogy set in New York City. You can sign up for my monthly mailing list for more updates on that, and to read free short stories,