Start by marking “We Were There at the Battle of Lexington and Concord” as Want to Read:
We Were There at the Battle of Lexington and Concord

We Were There at the Battle of Lexington and Concord

3.79  ·  Rating details ·  24 Ratings  ·  6 Reviews
From the "We Were There" series of books, this is historical fiction for children about the events leading up to the Battle of Lexington and Concord.
hardback, 182 pages
Published 1958 by Grosset & Dunlap

Be the first to ask a question about We Were There at the Battle of Lexington and Concord

Gina Johnson
Jun 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I’m always a fan of the “We Were There” books! They’re well written and engaging. I love finding ones that go along with the historic time periods my children are studying for them to enjoy. My AmblesideOnline Year 4 student is reading this now and I just flew through it in two evenings too. Lol
Rebecca Green
Jan 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This adventure story grabbed my son’s attention from page one and never let go. He begged for “one more chapter, please!” every time I read. If the goal is for children to remember that Lexington & Concord was the first battle of the Revolutionary War, and to know what happened and why, this is the perfect book to get that done.
J.L. Day
Apr 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing
I read every single one of these as a child, time and time again; as an adult I have sought them out as treasured mementoes of my childhood. These books, the adventures and places they took me and the history I learned from them; they WERE my childhood!

They can be hard to find, but THANK GOD publishers are beginning to re-publish many editions from the series and believe you me I am buying them in book form AND on my Kindle.

If you have children or nieces and nephews, BY every book in this series
Laurel
Jul 12, 2010 rated it really liked it
This was written before editors changed the rules about historical characters. They no longer want the forefathers to be portrayed as saying anything we don't know that they actually said. Still this story is special in portraying an immediate viewpoint of the battles in two towns outside of Boston, Massachusetts. The boy's first experiences with war are believable. Portrayals of girls' and boys' roles are true to the times.
Courtney
Sep 28, 2008 rated it it was ok
I found this in the attic at my parents house the last time I was home and took it only because of Lexington's proximity to Watertown. Didn't quite realize it was a children's book but I read it anyway. It was entertaining enough for a few hours.
Janetta
Sep 24, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Another of our read-alouds. My kids thoroughly enjoyed this one, but were left hanging with the ending.

This is a great living book and should be on your Must Read List when studying this time period.
Jim
Mandy
Jan 22, 2018
Lawrence Cerniglia
Apr 25, 2018
He graduated from the University of Virginia, College of Journalism. He was a newspaper reporter, author, sports writer and editor. He contributed many short stories to national magazines in both the United States and Europe. He was the author of many adventure stories about the old west and early American history, as well as many novels especially for young people.
More about Felix Sutton