Start by marking “The Wipeout Affair” as Want to Read:
The Wipeout Affair

The Wipeout Affair

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  12 ratings  ·  12 reviews
Published October 17th 2019 by Jeepers Way Press

To ask other readers questions about The Wipeout Affair, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Wipeout Affair

really liked it Average rating 4.00  ·

Start your review of The Wipeout Affair
Patty
Nov 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Wipeout Affair by Rachel Neuburger Reynolds is the 2nd book in the Red Fog Beach Mystery series, and another fun addition. I found this book to be fun with many twists and turns to keep me reading. The plot and characters are well developed, and I enjoy the quirky characters in the book, several that have returned from the first book, Drowning Lessons. I highly recommend this book, and am looking forward to the next book in the series.

I reviewed a digital arc provided by NetGalley and the
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Nov 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Great Escapes Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.The Wipeout Affair by Rachel Neuburger Reynolds is a fantastic second installment in what I hope will be a long-lasting series.
Will Lexi figure out who killed her friend?
Lexie, Our Sleuth
Lexie has left New York and move to Bocas del Toro, with the basics. She is working a couple of parttime jobs to make ends meet, but she seems happier than
LORI CASWELL
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2019
Dollycas’s Thoughts

Alexandra ‘Lexie’ Martone’s first visit to Bocas del Toro was as maid of honor for her friend Olivia and let’s just say that wedding didn’t go as planned. She returned to New York but it isn’t long and she is back on the island and this time she is planning to stay. She rents a little cabin and gets not one but two jobs and makes herself at home.

But just like the last time, a murder mucks up her plans. She is shocked to learn her friend Jazz, was found dead at a local surf
Janet
Superspeed readers like me can read 150 - 200+ pages/hour, so yes, I have read the book … and many more today. LOL

From the publisher, as I do not repeat the contents or story of books in reviews, I let them do it as they do it better than I do .
There’s trouble in paradise, in the hilarious second book of the Red Frog Beach Mystery Series.

Ready to go
Anjana
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had left reading the first book too late, so when I saw the second was out, I jumped at it and finished it as soon as I could. It was shorter than the first (or felt like it) but lacked the sparkle of the first. If you check my previous review out, you will know how much I enjoyed the first. I have to begin by saying that I only gave this book three stars because I ended up comparing it with the first.

Lexie has made a permanent move to the place where she narrowly escaped mortal peril. The
Yvonne
Nov 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lexie Milano recently moved from New York to the Caribbean island of Bocas del Toro. Life is certainly much more laid back on the island then in the big city. However, all is not going so well when a new friend of hers is found dead. She’s determined to find out what happened to the beautiful and very wealthy woman.

She’s surprised to find there are quite a number of suspects, including some people who Lexie has become very close to. Lexie won’t let that stop her from getting to the truth. When
AmAtHome
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is Book 2 in a series, but very readable as a standalone. Lexie Milano has left NYC to live the island life - beaches, palm trees, tropical drinks. She tries her best to put aside her fear of howler monkeys, banana spiders, and the water to embrace the full experience.

When Jazz - Lexi's friend and snorkel encourager - turns up dead, Lexi once again finds herself in the middle of a murder mystery. There are some characters from Book 1 and several new ones. The story is generally fast paced
Book Him Danno
The Wipeout Affair is a quick fast read but was lacking something. I didn't read the first in the series and could be missing something that makes the characters pop off the page.
Thank you to Netgalley for a copy of Rachel Reynolds The Wipeout Affair.
Lisa Morin
The Wipeout Affair is the first book I’ve read by this author.
I had a hard time getting into the story and I couldn’t relate to any of the characters.
Sometimes a book immediately grabs my attention, but this book didn’t do that for me.
Annarella
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining mystery, well written and well crafted.
I liked the engrossing plot, the cast of characters and the setting.
I look forward to reading other books in this series.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC, all opinions are mine.
Roland Scahill
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The Wipeout Affair was a thrill! It wasn’t only a great to return to Red Frog beach (this being the second book in the series following Drowning Lessons) but a thrilling new story that went in unexpected directions!

Can’t wait for book 3!
Barbara Tobey
Oct 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An entertaining and engaging mystery. Interesting location. Unusual characters. Thanks to the publisher for providing a copy via NetGalley.
Linda Crighton
Taylor Williams
Nov 26, 2019
John
Dec 02, 2019

• Ghosts of Painting Past (Aurora Anderson, #5)
  • Turkey Basted to Death (The Cast Iron Skillet Mystery Series)
  • Murder at First Pitch
  • Three Widows and a Corpse (A Food Blogger Mystery Book 3)
  • Have Yourself a Beary Little Murder (Shamelessly Adorable Teddy Bear Mystery, #3)
  • Christmas Cow Bells (A Buttermilk Creek Mystery #1)
  • Molded 4 Murder (Sophie Kimball Mystery #5)
  • A Night's Tail (Magical Cats Mystery #11)
  • The House on Hallowed Ground (A Misty Dawn Mystery #1)
  • Snowflakes and Sparks (Old Pine Cove, #1)
  • Potions Are for Pushovers
  • Nuts and Buried (A Nut House Mystery, #3)
  • Fields' Guide to Fog (Poppy Fields Adventures #4)
  • The Shape of Night
  • Peppermint Fudge and Fears (Candy Covered Cozy Mysteries Book 1)
  • Mumbo Gumbo Murder (A Scrapbooking Mystery #16)
  • The Vine Witch (Vine Witch, #1)
  • Memories and Murder (Tourist Trap Mysteries #10)