Start by marking “Breathe Out Slow” as Want to Read:
Breathe Out Slow

Breathe Out Slow

When unexpected tragedy strikes, shattering eighteen-year-old Ryan's idyllic life, he does the only thing he can to stay sane… he slaps on a mask, pretends he’s fine, and takes off for college. Week after week, he drifts through school in a bleak half-life. He doesn’t care about anything, or anyone—least of all himself.

Then Liam Doyle hurtles into his life with easy smiles
ebook
Published September 9th 2019 by NineStar Press (first published July 6th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Breathe Out Slow, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Breathe Out Slow

Steph ☀️
Awwwww.....

***3.5 stars***

I did enjoy this bittersweet story. However, at times the story itself seemed generic. Some of the details are missing from the story. For instance, does Chris have a father? Where in the world is this story taking place and at what university did they go to? At one point I was wondering if Ryan ever visited Chris’ grave and was finally granted that answer around the 70% mark. These are just some of my questions. Overall, it was a good story that kept my attention :)
Jamie Lee Zonneveld
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Breathe Out Slow was my first book by A.D. Lawless and it was so good. It's a heart wrenching story about love and loss. I really liked the story and the writing.
Roxanne
Sep 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc, lgbtqa, romance
This was very sweet, if a bit overly angsty.
Ryan is struggling through grief, no one has really reached out to him until Liam. Liam is just an all round nice guy.

I do wish that we saw their relationship develop more, I sort of felt like it was overshadowed by all the memories with Chris (which were heartbreakingly sweet and I definitely would read a full length novel on that).

I really wish that it could have been longer so we could have seen the characters/relationships depths a bit more.
Ove
Natosha Wilson
Jul 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a book about how one event in someone's life, one moment in time, can take everything that we once thought and once loved and change it all in a blink of an eye.

That is exactly what happened to one of the main characters. Ryan thought he had it all and he did u too that one moment changed everything for him and he lost not only his best friend but the love of his life in the blink of an eye. After believing that his boyfriend, Chris cheated on him and Ryan left the party they was at, he
Charlotte
Aug 31, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, m-m-romance
This story is centered on a tragedy that no one would want to live through. Ryan and Chris were involved… best friends to the world around them but lovers when alone. Ryan was okay with that…he thought they had all the time in the world to work things out. Everything changes one night when Ryan stumbles on Chris with a girl in his arms. They fight. It’s ugly and hurtful. Ryan heads home needing time alone.

Chris gets drunk and when he’s trying to drive to Ryan’s house to talk to him… he’s killed
Amy Dufera
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing

Wow! Breathe Out Slow is an extraordinary novel by AD Lawless. I would give it 10 stars if I could.

It's a tough read from the start, as Ryan deals with betrayal, loss, and despair. He's been secretly dating his boyfriend Chris, and when he loses said boyfriend, he hits rock bottom.

Ryan's experiences left me gutted; my heart absolutely broke for the man. And then it got worse. In college, despite his friend Josh trying to help him, he remains broken and numb.

Then comes Liam, who not only physic
Erika
Aug 30, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019, ebook, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley for the complimentary copy in exchange for an honest review.

So I loved Liam - even though his need to be a hero wasn't fully explained, and I loved Josh, as the relentless best friend character. They both cared so deeply about helping Ryan get through his issues.

My heart broke for Ryan and the guilt he was dealing with, even as I wanted to whack him on the head because it wasn't his fault. Also the drinking - poor guy is going to need a liver transplant before he even reache
Jim
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review
Tw for alcohol abuse, death of a loved one, drugs.
Breathe out slow was an okay book. There were parts I enjoyed and parts I couldn't care less about. For example I didn't care much about the past of Chris and Ryan. I was more stuck on the present. Liam's and Ryan's slow building relationship didn't go deep enough for my liking. I wished there was more to it. It was enjoyable although at the end it didn't manage to hold his
Nicole Pinto
Sep 05, 2019 rated it liked it
This was a m/m romance about Moving on from grief and falling in love again. It was on the short side to me and didn’t delve as much into things as the author could have. Thank you to netgalley for the Arc.
Nancy Hall
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Intense

So intense that it took my breath away at times! Death plays so much of a game with us in our lives its hard to see when love returns!
Ricardo
Mar 14, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Fast and entertaining read. Nothing really original although I must say I liked how the author set up the plot at the beginning, I thought that was very well done
Jeremy Stanek
Jul 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Brilliant

Amazing book full of loveable characters, unforgettable moments, tragic events, and the hope that everything will get better. A book I will definitely recommend.
Haiden
Sep 16, 2018
Gabi
Jul 19, 2017
Wendy
rated it did not like it
Slyth