Start by marking “The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)” as Want to Read:
The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)

The Book of the Ghost

(Vesik #9)

A battle lost. A friend fallen. Cue the heroic undead...
Vicky shouldn’t be alive. Knowing she has necromancer Damian Vesik to thank for her second chance, she’s willing to do whatever it takes to return the favor.

Damian is lost, trapped inside a corrupted shell of his own power and entwined with the Fae called Hern. Time is running out as Damian loses more of himself w
Published September 27th 2019

To ask other readers questions about The Book of the Ghost, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Book of the Ghost

Start your review of The Book of the Ghost (Vesik #9)
Penny
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
I have to be honest: I’ve skipped a few books to read this one. I have most of them, but I wanted to catch up. Yes, it was a little difficult, but I have to say that now I remembered why I enjoyed the series so much in the first place: well-written, interesting characters, and great action. I know I missed some nuances, but I actually didn’t have too hard of a time catching up. Not only that, I am really invested in what comes next. This is the sign of a great author. The only thing I wish was t ...more
Susan
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
The Book of the Ghost is the ninth book in the Vesick series. This can be read as a standalone. But the series is so good that I highly recommend that you read all the books. There is a lot of violence. Once again the author has written an amazing book and once I started reading I couldn't put it down.
Hayley
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been following these characters for nine books now and I am still so invested. This book was, as usual, amazing. Vicky is really proving herself, all allies are doing their best and without spoiling... going through a lot of growth. This book was an amazing emotional ride and I can't wait to see what comes next for everyone!
Jackie
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely fascinating. Once you start reading, there’s no way you’ll be able to put the book down. Don’t miss out.
Thomas Griffin
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Nudd's Balls(can I say that?)

I was sent an advance copy for review, but I loved the book, so I went and purchased a copy so my review has that fancy "verified purchase" tag!

This is the first in a series of novellas where Mr. Asher is taking his series in a new and different direction. Each novella will be told from a different perspective, which is quite the daunting task, if you ask me. Writing 8 full length novels from one major view point and then switching it up to monthly smaller novell
Steven
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The first of the ten-part Books of the Dead. The allies of the necromancer, Damian Vesik, struggle to free him from the clutches of the mad Gwyn ap Nudd, who has turned him into a monstrous horror that lashes out at both friend and foe alike.

While familiar with the Vesik books and its cast of characters, I found myself a bit lost when starting this story. The blame falls mostly on my rather scattered reading of the series and shows that I need to do some serious catch-up.

In spite of
Ryan
Recommends it for: Anyone
Asher has flipped the script and is writing a series of ten novellas to backfill character stories while continuing the main Vesik storyline. This is the first of those and the concept doesn't disappoint at all. I can't wait to read the next nine over the course of a year.

Vickie, everyone's favorite little ghost turned Demigod turned Harrower turned Demon turned soul sword wielding preteen is back with Jasper, her pet dragon Reaver, and kicking butt. For those who have wondered about
Bethany
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(If there were more than 5 stars, I'd give them all.) It's hard to write this without spoilers. BUT this was a most unexpected twist. The whole BOOK was a twist - the title, the cover, the plot, the point-of-view. Hopefully not too spoiler-y, but the protagonist isn't the protagonist in this one! After 8 books, Eric flipped the script on us (literally)! I love the growth in this book of the main character. I love seeing from the character's point of view because up until this point that characte ...more
Marlena
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Book of the Ghost is the first in a set of novellas from the Versik series by Eric. What make theses so great and my favorite is each novella will be a different point of view from what we are used to from this series. In the book of the ghost we (finally) get Vickie’s point of view. I honesty love Vickie’s character in this series, she is everything you’d want in a young female character.
As with any book of Erics it’s action packed laced with sarcasm. I recommend this series to everyone be
Ginelle Blanch
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fast paced and action packed. It was hard to read everything that the characters go through in this book which made it very emotional for me.

Vicky is really proving herself to be a huge asset to these allies, someone to he taken very seriously. Some surprising new allies in this book as well.

So many sit on the edge of your seat moments, heart in throat... I'm so vested in this family of characters that it's hard to see anything bad happen to any of them.

So waiting for the day they'll get some
Wendy Schindler
Pure Awesomeness!!!

Of course I am a huge fan of Vesik! I also laughed my rear off at the exploding pidgeons in book one, not because I condone harming any critter, but because it was a funny story in a fiction book..
Book of the Ghost is a fantastic story told mostly from Vicky's stand point. That little gal has been through hell and yet comes through with such courage and loyalty it floors me!
I highly recommend reading this book!!
Now to see what flavor chimichanga is available for lunch!
Kate
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
YES!!! Another book in the Vesik series!
But unlike the earlier Vesik books, these new ones involve the characters that are a part of Damian’s life one way or another and pull them to the fore.
Eagerly awaited and almost instantly devoured. An exciting new addition to Eric R Asher’s Damian Vesik series.
I am lucky in that I get to read and review this book free of charge but I always purchase Eric Asher’s books for my own personal collection.
Christopher Peiffer
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A fast-paced thrill ride. This book switches perspectives from the main character to the girl with the furball dragon and who doesn’t like dragons? It is a short read but packed with fun and shows a lot of what goes on behind the scenes. It really fleshes out the story on the thrill-packed rollercoaster ride of the Vesik series. I have followed the series from the start and this is another great addition that leaves me wanting more. Another great job by Eric Asher!
Lisa Guertin
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I’ve been anxiously waiting for this book since I finished book 8, and once again Eric Asher knocks it out of the park. This book has plenty of twists and turns plus all our favorite characters. Vickie is such a tough fighter and is working hard to save Damien, Sam and herself along with the rest of the world. Thank goodness we only have to wait a month for the next book!
jenny mills
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another amazing book for Eric Asher

Not gonna lie I was a little hesitant about this book because it was from Vicky's perspective and not Vesik's. Well it turns out that was a brilliant idea on Asher's part and I can't wait to read the other books with more varying perspectives. This series just keeps getting better and better people.
Heather
Sep 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
You need to read The Vesik series. Eric R. Asher is giving us the next great epic series.

I love Damien but Vicky is a little badass. Who doesn't want to read about epic battles, a necromancer & ghosts. Two thumbs up. I can't wait for the next book.
Sharon Hendrix
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Vicky's ride

Pretty much non stop action in the war against Nudd. I absolutely loved this part of Damian's story and can't wait to see where else you take us.
This part of Damian' tale is so well written! You MUST read this latest offering from Eric!
Mel
Sep 29, 2019 added it
First I saw when I got it, that's only 128 pages on kindle? why is this so very short?
Sure I am so looking forward to read this part.
I will update my review of course, just wondered if anyone else found it quite short, regarding to all other parts of this series.
Mike Arthur
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Asher has done it again. The newest installment in The Vesik series lands you smack in the middle of a war. It is action packed , but still has plenty of tender and even a few funny moments.
Tess
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Truly love Eric's work. Never a dull moment in his stories. And this one is no exception! Would definitely recommend it
Shawn A Troutman
Awesome as always

The Vesik series continues to amaze and hold our attention. Keep up the awesome work you have been doing and the next books will be just as amazing.
Ronald Manley
Again Asher has hit it out of the park plenty of twists and snark.
Mwheeler
Matt Mcbee
Sep 29, 2019
Aspencreek
Oct 27, 2019
Eric is a former bookseller, cellist, and comic seller currently living in Saint Louis, Missouri. A lifelong enthusiast of books, music, toys, and games, he discovered a love for the written word after being dragged to the library by his parents at a young age. When he is not writing, you can usually find him reading, gaming, or buried beneath a small avalanche of Transformers.

Vesik (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Days Gone Bad (Vesik, #1)
  • Wolves and the River of Stone (Vesik, #2)
  • Winter's Demon (Vesik, #3)
  • This Broken World (Vesik, #4)
  • Destroyer Rising (Vesik, #5)
  • Rattle the Bones (Vesik, #6)
  • Witch Queen's War (Vesik #7)
  • Forgotten Ghosts (Vesik #8)
  • The Book of the Claw (Vesik #10)
  • The Book of the Sea (Vesik #11)