Start by marking “A Tangle in the Vines (Calla Lily Mystery #2)” as Want to Read:
A Tangle in the Vines (Calla Lily Mystery #2)

A Tangle in the Vines

(Calla Lily Mystery #2)

The curtain may fall on the Calla Lily Players' first season unless Lily and Austin can find a killer on the loose in California's wine country.

Torrential rains threaten to put a damper on The Calla Lily Players’ first outdoor theater production. When the ground suddenly shifts, buried secrets revealed amid the tangled vines put the spotlight on murder. As Lily and Austi
Published September 10th 2019

To ask other readers questions about A Tangle in the Vines, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tangle in the Vines

JoAn
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, cozy-mystery
A Tangle in the Vines by Anna Celeste Burke is the second book in the Calla Lily series that grabbed me from the first page and I didn't stop reading until the end.

The story is a complex one that has many twists and several suspects to keep Austin, Rikki and Dahlia perplexed. Then there is a side plot with a young neighborhood boy, Billie, who shows up at the winery at the wrong time. I loved Billie! I hope he will soon become a regular member of the household. All of the characters are developi
Vicki
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book #2 in the Calla Lily Mystery Series. The setting for this is in Napa Valley in the middle of wine country. Lily inherited the Calla Lily Vineyard from her Aunt. The story is filled with interesting, entertaining and engaging characters. There is also a mystery involving 5 dead bodies that seem to have been unearthed by a storm on the Calla Lily Vineyard property. The story has plenty of twists, turns and intrigue as you get deeper into it.

Anna Celeste Burke has done it again! She h
Karen (BaronessBookTrove)
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy from the Great Escapes Book Tours. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.A Tangle in the Vines by Anne Celeste Burke is fast-paced, full of twists and turns, along with humor and lots of hospitality. I adore the cast of characters, and the predicaments they get into are crazy. The mystery is top-notch and kept me guessing throughout.
Where did these bodies come from and who killed these people?
Lillian Callahan
Lil
RO G'ma
Complex Series of Murders
A Tangle in the Vines is the second book in Anna Celeste Burke’s impressive Calla Lily Mystery series. The storyline is well plotted, the characters are well developed, and the mystery is complex and intriguing. The affable characters in this fast-paced book are well developed and three-dimensional. Twists and turns, and red herrings are abundant, and several potential suspects keep the reader engaged and guessing. I highly recommend this book to readers who enjoy clean,
Michele
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
It is raining cats and dogs and the pipe in the field is clogged. Lily is attempting to clear it out when suddenly bones appear! she is totally covered in slime and mud as is her companion Austin. They call in the authorities and it gets messier from there!

You will laugh out loud as you read how Lily was able to get back into her house and get cleaned up--a new fashion statement is born! Her entire posse of friends are still staying at her Bed and Breakfast as they are planning on putting on a p
JANE VAN HORN
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great book

Another great book by Anna Celeste Burke. I love this series and all of the characters . Can't wait for the next one.
Rosemary
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is book 2 in a series. What an amazing mystery! Bones are found, history is learned about and mysterious disapearances from years ago make Lillys life very interesting ... And it all happens because of a bad thunderstorm on her vineyard. This story begins with a very intense and dangerous storm so it grabs you from the first page! This story will keep you turning pages with more mystery in each chapter. I really love how the characters react to each other in difficult times and how the sexy ...more
Donna
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Anna Celeste Burke never disappoints. She writes cozy mysteries with well-developed characters and plots that have plenty of twists and turns to keep me interested from beginning to end. In A Tangle In The Vines, a serial killer is on the loose and has been murdering people for many decades. While that may seem like a heavy plot for a cozy, this author pulls it off with ease.

Lily and Austin's relationship is ongoing and has moved to the next level--with a little help from a 12 year old introduce
Kathleen
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Tangle in the Vines is the second book in the Calla Lily Mystery series. This can be read as a standalone.

The story is set in Napa Valley. Lillian “Lily” Callahan inherited the Calla Lily Vineyard from her aunt.

Torrential rains hit the area. The storm water system backs up with water threatening to flood the theater’s buildings. As she tries to clear the system of debris, she makes a gruesome discovery.

The body count increases as Lily, Deputy U.S. Marshal Austin Jennings, and friends try to so
Judy Tucker
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Tangle in the Vines is the second book about Calla Lily vineyard. You'll love getting to know these characters. A storm leads to a clogged drain pipe that leads to discovering bodies. Lots of twists that will surprise you in the end.
Denise Austin
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book. Celeste has a way of making you fall in love with her characters and make you root for them. I am loving this series. Austin and Calla Lily make a wonderful couple I can't wait to see more of them in the future.
Bonnie Dale Keck
kindle unlimited. but the only writer automatically get her books, and usually get arc, mostly because cannot stand to wait for which ever series it is, of which is several, but the newest are calla lily and seaview cottages, but she has several others, see full list on amazon.
Mickey Noel
Another fantastic story from Anna Celeste Burke!

The characters are so amazing, the plot is clever and suspenseful, and you won't guess the bad guy before the ending! These series are addictive. Well done!
Marie Connolly
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved It!

I enjoyed this second book in the series. The plot moves along and kept me guessing. I'm looking forward to the next book.
Carolann Hiller
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Merry go round

What starts out as a disruption at one of the pipe drains at the vineyard, turns into several discovered bodies at the site. Great read!
Sherry Lynn
Sep 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This reader was swept away in the first couple of pages. As the mystery unfolds and the characters are introduced there really does seem to be not only torrential rains and mystery but actually a floodgate is opened of characters. To the authors credit she does provide the reader with a cast of characters at the beginning of the book. Which ends up being helpful as there are alot of
characters running around.

Although A Tangle In The Vines is presented as a stand alone this reader felt a better
Rose
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved it. The plot was interesting. The characters are well developed and interesting. I can't wait to read the next one.
Dorothy M. Wiley
Sep 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Funny and Great Read

I have enjoyed reading books 1 and 2 in the Calls Lily Mysteries. Great story lines and wrinkles to keep you guessing.
Carla Eacret
Ben Rhodes
Sep 16, 2019
monique krikelas
Sep 18, 2019
Anna Celeste Burke is an awarding-winning, USA Today & Wall Street Journal Bestselling author!
Welcome! Join me, snooping into life's mysteries with fun, fiction, and food--California style!

Life is an extravaganza and so unpredictable! Figuring out how to hang tough and make the most of the wild ride is the challenge.

On my way to Oahu to join the rock musician and high school drop-out I marrie

Calla Lily Mystery (2 books)
  • Lily's Homecoming Under Fire (Calla Lily Mystery  #1)