Start by marking “Searching For Santa” as Want to Read:
Searching For Santa

Searching For Santa

Casey Gilmore is determined to make this Christmas merry and bright--somehow. New York Times-bestselling author Dailey heats up the holidays with this magical new Christmas romance. Original.
Published October 1st 2008 by Zebra (first published 1984)

To ask other readers questions about Searching For Santa, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Searching For Santa

Cathy Evans
Jan 03, 2019 rated it did not like it
This book is not believable. The characters were very superficial. They spent most of the book not liking each other only to end up engaged at the end. Didn't feel like they even tried to get to know each other.
JoAnne
Dec 11, 2016 rated it liked it
There was a lot of angst with this book and not only with the characters. I sometime felt disbelief in the feelings Casey and Flint had for each other since they sure didn't show it. They were far apart in age, experiences and economics but fell in love anyway. They say hate is the opposite of love and for most of the book hate definitely won out. The wrap up was very quick and not enough built up to the conclusion. I was glad to see they got their happily ever after but it wasn't plausible and ...more
Beka
May 11, 2013 rated it it was ok
I can't understand the good reviews. I usually read ebooks, but I have had such a craving for the dry rustle of paper books lately. I came across a box of books for $1 at the end of a garage sale recently, and this was one of the gems inside. Hey, I enjoy escapist lit as much as the next person, so I dug in with a bit of optimism.

I am only giving this book two stars because I actually read it till the end, somehow hoping against all the evidence that it would ultimately redeem itself. Nope. I w
Susabelle Kelmer
Dec 16, 2013 rated it did not like it
Horrible.

Timelines were so off-base that the book lost all credibility for me before I was even 1/3 of the way through. Supposedly, by the time I stopped reading, it was still November, but they'd had Thanksgiving before the story even started, the main female character's father had been in the hospital for more than a week with a broken hip and was in "traction" (they don't do "traction" any more in hospitals and haven't for twenty years!!), a new ranch bossman was hired post this more-than-a-
Nov 27, 2008 rated it liked it
Christmas makes me happy and nothing beats a good book AND Christmas as the setting. However, this story was only ok; mildly entertaining. Searching for Santa...well, maybe the author should have searched for a more fitting title. There was a rather pathetic attempt to make the title fit. Did the author just choose it to sell books? Perhaps. My other gripe is that the main characters (who were supposed to be falling in love) spent the majority of the book angry at each other. And why do men like ...more
Heather
Dec 28, 2009 rated it it was ok
As with the other book by this author, I was not impressed. This book again had a weird vibe to it, and the end felt rushed. It was long and drawn out with unnecessary tension between the two main characters, and a reluctance to admit to any feelings between the two. Several times during the book I was tempted to stop reading it. However, I wanted to give the author a second chance to redeem herself. I will not be reading any others by this author.
Lisa
Jan 23, 2013 rated it liked it
Typical Janet Dailey Romance novel. Lots of "tension" between the two main characters. What surprised me was how quickly they admitted their feelings for each other at the end of the book ... and then the book kept going for approx. 8 more pages! That's unusual for Janet Dailey! Good, easy quick read.
Patricia Solla
Dec 04, 2009 rated it it was ok
Shelves: books-i-own
Was very unhappy with this book. It starts out okay but then gets really involved with the antagonism (leading to you know) between the two main characters. But the storyline falls apart there's too much going on and the ending was so poor it wasn't worth it.
Beth
Jul 19, 2009 rated it liked it
Silly easy read
Michaela
Sep 26, 2009 rated it it was ok
cutesy romance with a sassy main characater
Carey
Dec 18, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Very cute.
Haylie
Dec 20, 2008 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
totally awesome!!! funny and romantic!
Lindsey Ruppe
Nov 04, 2013
Alis
Oct 10, 2013
Rachy
rated it did not like it
Apr 19, 2014
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Janet Anne Haradon Dailey was an American author of numerous romance novels as Janet Dailey (her married name). Her novels have been translated into nineteen languages and have sold over 300 million copies worldwide.

Born in 1944 in Storm Lake, Iowa, she attended secretarial school in Omaha, Nebraska before meeting her husband, Bill. Bill and Janet worked together in construction and land developme