Start by marking “A Match Made for Thanksgiving (Holidays with the Wongs, #1)” as Want to Read:
A Match Made for Thanksgiving (Holidays with the Wongs, #1)

A Match Made for Thanksgiving

(Holidays with the Wongs #1)

Advertising executive Nick Wong enjoys living in Toronto. He loves late nights partying and taking women back to his penthouse. And so it is with great reluctance that he returns to his boring hometown of Mosquito Bay for Thanksgiving.

This year, however, is even worse than usual. His interfering parents and grandparents, frustrated with the lack of weddings in
Published October 8th 2019 by Jackie Lau Books

To ask other readers questions about A Match Made for Thanksgiving, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Match Made for Thanksgiving

aarya
3.5 stars (I liked it!)

Fluffy, fun, and short. I’m such a sucker for meddling families and there is SO MUCH meddling here. I’m glad I took a break from my recent binge of Christmas novellas and tried another holiday novella instead. Reading about Thanksgiving is perfect for my autumn mood!

I don’t use the word “rom-com” often, mostly because the majority of books labeled as rom-coms in traditional publishing don’t make me laugh out loud. But I do believe that this novella
Jess
Oct 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
I wish this had been a little longer, but I really enjoyed reading it.
natalie
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a quick, cute fun red! Guy who only does one night stands, heroine who has never had one but wants to be less boring collide and mix in some meddling family members and once again jackie Lau had created such cuteness with this holiday novella.

I swear all her books would make such funny movies/tv shows. Universe, get on that! I'm looking forward to the other siblings' books! :)
Maria Rose
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was fun and now I'm totally craving nanaimo bars 'curse you Jackie Lau!' Full review to come!
Viper Spaulding
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved everything about this book!

This lovely romance checked all my boxes. From their first meeting to their holiday dinners, Nick and Lily are just absolutely adorable together. Lily is sweet but self-aware, willing to risk her heart and live life to its fullest. Nick is terrific, strong and independent, but with enough sense to know when to just roll with it.

I loved how even when Nick thought they were moving too fast for his comfort, he still was the one pushing for more. The f
Melanie
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: romance, lava-2019
A Match Made for Thanksgiving was a fantastic read with an amazing romance and a great group of side characters.

Nick Wong enjoys his life in the city and all it has to offer including the wide variety of single women. His hometown of Mosquito Bay can’t compete, but he heads home for Thanksgiving only to discover his family has set up Nick and his three siblings with blind dates. The problem? His brother Greg’s date is Lily Tseng, Nick’s latest one night stand that he can’t get out of his head. L
Emmalita
Oct 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
One of my favorite Canadian romance authors, Jackie Lau, has seen a lot of holiday romances featuring white characters, but very few with biracial or Asian characters. She decided to correct that with a series of four novellas, one for each of the Wong siblings. The Wongs grew up in the small Ontario town of Mosquito Bay. The first novella centers around Canadian Thanksgiving, which is this weekend. This is a sweet, fluffy novella with low conflict, some steamy sex, baking, and a playboy who unc ...more
Becky
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reviewed on my blog, Becky on Books, on 10/8/19.

What a delightful, holiday-themed novella!

I loved both Lily and Nick--as well as Nick's entire nosy, interfering family. Still smarting from a breakup, Lily decides (using a list, of course!) to break out of her safe, predictable life by trying new things. First on her list? A one night stand--an attempt that goes very, very well for both parties.

Until they meet again--when Lily is his older brother's blind date at his
Louise ✨
Oct 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2019-releases, poc-mc
tw mention of a dead parent

rep: Chinese main characters

What to expect from this short story:
- to do list lover
- lot's of delicious food description
- funny grandparents
- matchmaking because they love romance tropes
- great family dynamic

It wasn't my favorite book by Jackie Lau, I felt like the relationship was rushed between the two MC but I liked that they still talked about what they wanted every time there was an issue. I don't mean it was bad, just th/>What/>:
Phoenix
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Quick read during Canadian Thanksgiving. As always, loved the little callbacks to Toronto in Lau’s books - Lychee is obviously R&D on Spadina since the chef there won Masterchef Canada a few years ago, and XLB is clearly Juicy Dumpling.

It’s the reformed rake trope that we see often in historicals and it works here. I liked the secondary characters in Nick’s family - his parents who still make-out after 30+ years of marriage and ah ma and ah yeh and their matchmaking ways.
RabbitRodney
Oct 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I don’t have the time or attention span these days for long reads and I need low angst what with the news, so this quick, Canadian dessert-filled read was right up my alley. Minor quibble with how quickly Nick turns from a bachelor about town into a settled boyfriend; IMO the story would have benefitted from Nick realizing (before he meets Lily) that he wants to settle down but overall it was an enjoyable read.
b.andherbooks
Oct 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
What if your meddling family set you and your siblings up with blind dates for Thanksgiving dinner...and your brother's date just happens to be the gorgeous woman you just had a glorious one-night stand with?

Steamy, cute, and full of edible descriptions of food and sex that will leave you wishing for an invite to the Wong's!

Available now!

CW for parental death (in the past). Thank you to the author for the ARC!
Essie M
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a great novella that is perfect for the long weekend if you're celebrating Canadian Thanksgiving! Nick and Lily are opposites and the way they meet is both fun and HOT!! Ah Yeh and Ah Ma and are hilarious and I love how jackie weaves humor into all of her books! I also love how she showcases Toronto, the city I grew up in, in such a vivid and exciting way ;)
Megan
Oooo! This actually felt like a romcom! Or what I thought a romcom was before that label got slapped on literally everything. But this was a really fun novella about Canadian Thanksgiving with a delightfully wacky "meddling matchmaking family" vibe.
Marianne
Another very enjoyable Jackie Lau book. I think I prefer her full length novels but this was lovely. I might upgrade later.
Xan West
Content warnings: (view spoiler)

Review to come.
Danielle
Clare
Lys
Oct 11, 2019
Jackie Lau decided she wanted to be a writer when she was in grade two, sometime between writing “The Heart That Got Lost” and “The Land of Shapes.” She later studied engineering and worked as a geophysicist before turning to writing romance novels.

Jackie lives in Toronto with her husband, and despite living in Canada her whole life, she hates winter. When she’s not writing, she enjoys

Holidays with the Wongs (2 books)
  • A Second Chance Road Trip for Christmas (Holidays with the Wongs, #2)