Start by marking “Veiled Vixen (Harem Station, #5)” as Want to Read:
Veiled Vixen (Harem Station, #5)

Veiled Vixen

(Harem Station #5)

Valor only wants one thing for his fated princess, Veila.

Death.

But it’s kind of hard to kill someone when they have total control over your body. He’s on his way back to Harem Station as her prisoner. Bound to a wall, stripped bare, and only one weapon in his arsenal.

The soulmate bond.

Valor has to make Veila believe that thei
Published October 21st 2019

To ask other readers questions about Veiled Vixen, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Veiled Vixen

Start your review of Veiled Vixen (Harem Station, #5)
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
*I received a free copy of Veiled Vixen. This has in no way influenced my voluntary review which is honest and unbiased.*

Veiled Vixen was very different from the other Harem Station books in many way. First of all, not a single character really knew what was going on. And some of the characters had lost parts of their memories, while others had gained some memories from other characters. And there was a huge war on the horizon.
I found Veila and Valor's story to be very different, to
Wendy LeGrand
Shelves: arcs
As we've been moving through this series, we've been conditioned to hate Veila, because let's face it, the woman has done some pretty egregious things to alot of people and Julie has pulled no punches with just how despicable this pink-wannabesilver princess can be to get what she wants.

When we left Valor at the end of Prison Princess, Veila had him stuck up on a wall in her ship, torturing him. When he wakes up, he's in a cryopod back on Harem Station. It's been six weeks and during
Liz
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Veiled Vixen by J.A. Huss continues the Harem Station series and tells the story of Valor and Veila. Things are falling apart all around them and the last thing Valor wants is a soul mate, much less Veila, but some things are out of your hands. But is everything really like it seems? In true Julie fashion, she gives us some answers, but lots of questions as well. How will it all end? I was not sure about this new sci-fi world, but with Julie, I should have known better. You can never go wrong wi ...more
Courtney Green
I Received this ARC from Author for Honest Review.
I Give This Book a 3.5-4/5 Star Rating, listing as 4.

HEA(?): Yes.
Heat: 3-3.5ish/5
Romance: 3ish/5
Suspense: 4.5/5
Drama: 5/5

No Spoilers.
I Have to Be Honest, only having Valors POV had me liking this book much more than I thought I would.
The Single POV, kept my attention fixated more easily, cause to me having Veila’s POV probably would not have been a good move.
And Strangely eno
Veronica LaRoche
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Omg I’ve been waiting for Valor & Veila’s book and what a book it is. Valor wakes up from cyrosleep and his world is out of control. You will see a different side to Veila that you didn’t see coming. This series just gets better and better and now reading this ending I really, really want the next book ASAP. Another amazing read that once I started reading I didn’t want too stop.
Carissa
Oct 19, 2019 rated it really liked it
This one by far is very different from the rest in the series. I actually felt bad for Veila even though some women, might have a hard time with a certain scene. Very interesting how the series of events played out in this one. I feel like I have more questions!!!
Nightbird Novels
Oct 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
3.5 Stars

*** Veiled Vixen is book six in the Harem Station series and should be read according to order. This review may contain spoilers if you are not yet caught up in the series. ***

After his most recent battle, Valor was cryogenically frozen for his own health and safety... yet when he wakes up, he is in the hands of his enemy... and back on Harem Station. But a lot has changed since he left, Harem is in an all out war... and things are about to go from bad to much, m
Susie Price
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG LOVED IT!!!

So just going to say first this is Book 5 or 6 whichever you are looking at on Amazon is now I guess calling Star Crossed Book #2, so anyways if you aren't up to Book 5 turn around and start at Book 1 Harem Station! You will get yourself all messed up.

So Veila you are such a Veiled Vixen no doubt. I know that Valor got to see a lot of what most don't see. Veila was whom she is out in the public and someone totally different on a ship he didn't even know she
Christina Balaz
Oct 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had so many questions going into book 6 in the Harem Station series and by the end those questions had doubled. In true JA Huss/KC Cross fashion, this has me dying for more Harem books to find out all my why/how/who questions! Some secrets were revealed with a whole lot more to be found out. There were twists that were very surprising and a rollercoaster of emotions that had me yelling throughout the book. Even through this, I could not put the book down.
I very much loved Valor and Veila
Viki
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, Veiled Vixen. Wow. It was so interesting how this book was written, in three parts. Part 1 and 3 are from Valor’s POV. Part 2 was from Alcor, Draden, Booty, Tray and A**holes POV.

Valor gets back to Harem Station and all hell has broken loose. Princesses are in a fighting mode; the whole population are against the brothers. And the brothers? I was shocked. Luck, Jimmy, Serpent and Crux WTH. Valor has to try to figure out what the heck happened while he was gone. I really liked Valor’s loyalt
Micheala
Received an ARC from the author.

The Harem Station stories are coming to a close soon (I think) and it’s evident in this book. There’s no fighting, although lots of talk about it, but instead lots of planning, solving, and resolving.

Given Veila and everything that has happened in these books and Valor’s thoughts toward her, I was a tad let down with this one. Despite my love for romance, I was actually hoping that the soulmate bond wouldn’t work in this one and that it would be the first book i
Ginelle Blanch
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is war.
This book, I think, has been my favorite of the series so far. It made me think a lot, something I've become accustomed to with this author. But, this book felt very pivotal. Things are going down at a fast rate. Questions are being answered and loyalties are tested. Things aren't what they appear.
What is brought to light is a very real, very powerful...moral of the story. We are MORE than what's in our past. We have the power to change things for the better and to learn from the t
Courtenay Bennett
Oct 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is another installment in an increasingly mind-bending story.
I know we’re getting closer each book to a resolution, but it feels impossible to guess how or why. For every piece of information we’re given, it feels like there’s fifty more unknowns lurking unseen.
The huge difference in this story to the last few is that we’re given an absolutely abhorrent character, whom we’ve been basically groomed into hating up til now, and we’re handed a new perspective. It’s a talented author who
Pam Schaeffer
Oct 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Usually, the blurb gives you a true look into what the book is about. There is so much more than what the blurb suggests.

Valor is the easy-going brother. He is kind of always in the background. Until now. Everyone on Harem Station is waiting for him to fix everything that went wrong (see the last book). As we all know Veila is his soulmate. Problem is Veila is evil and Valor hates her.

I am not going to go into much detail. This book is so worth the read. There is so much going on an
Sharon  in SF
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Wow, it really takes a great writer to turn a "ruthless and hated" villainess into someone we "might" accept for our Hero, Valor. In all the prior Harem Station books, each brother has had to deal with the "evil Veila" trying to take control of everything, including Harem Station. Veila ultimately reveals some of her secrets to Valor, but can he trust her?
In this book, our beloved Harem Station is in turmoil after the boys' plan from Prison Princess goes awry, and Valor's not sure what to
Maria
Oct 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
I love this series so much!!
Valor is just so lovely and I want to have him in my life.
I was not very interested in Veila, but I hace to say that her story broke my heart and make me see her in a different light. She has done terrible things but all the characters have done awful things too, so like Valor tall the important part is what she is gonna do now and in the future.

I don’t understand Luck, I want to. I think he was a little too hard on Valor. He should have listen
Jennifer  Tyronney
Veiled Vixen

Well I definitely needed to take a deeeeep breath after this instalment from Harem Station!

Veiled Vixen follows Valor and Veila’s story with loads of amazing interludes from our other favourite characters, giving us loads of juicy puzzle pieces of information, but we still don’t have the whole picture! Gah!

Valor HATES Veila, and with good reason too! She truly is evil.....but is everything as it seems? Never when it comes to the boys and their fate
Judi
Oct 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Super sci-fi with a heart wrenching twist...

Harem station is going to hell in a hand basket. The brothers are separated, ALCOR is still missing, and war encompasses the population. And I felt like I was right there in the thick of it with them. Cyborgs, bots, and AIs all of the sci-fi elements are here. Plus so much intrigue. Besides the local action big baddies are lurking. While I was entranced by that part of the tale, Valor’s connection with Veila was also brewing. Valor hates he
Kathi
Sci-fi Extravaganza!!

This entire series has kept us on our toes, and never knowing what outcomes would be. This story is no different. Our main character Valor wakes from 6 weeks in cryosleep to find the station at war. Even his original “brothers” are at odds with each other. In major control is his soulmate Veila. Unlike his brothers he hates his soulmate who seems to be the root of all negative events recently.

The soulmate bond is powerful – and as he gets to know her
Heather Miller
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
OMG!! I absolutely loved all the different points of view in Veiled Vixon!!! And ALCOR!!! And the princess riots!! I just loved this book sooooo hard and is probably my favorite of the series.... there were so many questions answered, but even more questions left unanswered. I am absolutely hooked on this series - I can't love on it enough.
This is Valor and Veila's love story... or is it their hate story?? Lol there is sooooo much I want to say, but it feels like anything i say about the story
Jackie
Nov 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm not normally one for sci-fi romance, but I do absolutely love this series. It just keeps getting better and better. The world-building and character development continues to grow and intrigue me. I'm honestly not sure how JA is keeping it all together as the plot twists and turns and the interludes throughout add so much more to the story as you go. You don't get to see just one side to everything you're getting everyone's story as the plot grows. Valor and Veila..one hell of a story for the ...more
Elena
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Most of the part of this book I was heartbroken and that was for various reasons. Because of the situation the brothers were into, not trusting each other when they always had their back before, Valor and Luck's hurt, finding out about the life that cynigan princesses had to endure, the uncertain faith of Harem station and maybe, maybe, okay I'll admit: Veila's past which is quite sad. Nothing is what we thought we knew from the previous books and this one proves it and some more. But thorough a ...more
Rachel Royer
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I must admit that during part one of this installment of the Harem Station saga I found myself confused a little about exactly what was going on! That being said I think that’s what continues to draw me to this author and her stories! I have real emotions about these guys and gals! I found myself feeling sorry for Veilia and almost routing for her at times. I admire KC’s ability to build worlds that suck you in and characters that you identify with even if they are a different species!
Femke
Oct 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Suns...
I started this book out thinking Veila is the most crazy a woman in the entire galaxy, but Julie managed to not only make me feel for, but also love her. Veila is one hell of a woman in many dways.
Just wanted to say that.
On the other side of the story we have a upcoming revolution, two ai's who are doing god knows what and two ships going in for two very different, but very dangerous missions. And I still have to wait for the next book to know this will end.
Bl
Diane Deguzman Wright
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
*4.5 Stars*
Veiled Vixen is one of those books that had me feeling like I wasn't smart enough to be reading it for awhile. And then things started to make sense...sort of. And then it was suddenly so exciting and got my adrenaline pumping because things were being revealed and... Then it ended and I'm still not sure I understand most of what's going on. And I'm not certain that most of the characters understand what's going on. But this series continues to get more and more intense and it still/>
Jay
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book really put some things on perspective and cleared up some doubts I had.

I didn't think I would love other brother more than Jimmy.... But Valor got to me, this double d!ck man has to be one of the realest and human of all the brothers. I won't spoil the read but Valor is definitely a keeper in my book.

Cannot wait to read the next and know what will happen to Harem Station, this series has become addictive and I don't even read scifi!!
Crystal Wilke
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Veila's story is about to be told and we will learn more of the history of how this war began. Valor and Veila will have to make some hard decisions and only hope it will end the war. I am on the edge of my seat waiting to see what will happen next. I love Valor and hope he gets an HEA.

Veila's story will tug on heart and open your eyes. Harem station is all about second chances but will Veila get one.
Kimkbries
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I cannot get enough of this series! So much is happening. Tensions are high and things are heating up. In the middle of it all is Veila and Valor. Veila may be his soulmate but after all she has done could he ever act on it? I enjoyed as Valor figured out his path. The emotional journey to finding where he belonged and was happy. Along the way so many new discoveries of this futuristic world I loved every word of it.
Vi
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Just like the previous books in this series, I completely enjoyed this book. And I have to say, I think this one left me with more questions than answers!

I wasn't sure how Julie was going to get me to like Veila, but by the end, I was pretty much a fan. And now I can't wait for my next Harem Station fix!

Great job!
J.A. Huss never wanted to be a writer and she still dreams of that elusive career as an astronaut. She originally went to school to become an equine veterinarian but soon figured out they keep horrible hours and decided to go to grad school instead. That Ph.D wasn’t all it was cracked up to be (and she really sucked at the whole scientist thing), so she dropped out and got a M.S. in forensic toxic ...more

Harem Station (5 books)
  • Booty Hunter (Harem Station #1)
  • Big Dicker (Harem Station #2)
  • Prison Princess (Harem Station #4)
  • Lady Luck (Harem Station #3)