Start by marking “Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words” as Want to Read:
Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words

Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words

Cowritten by USA Today best-selling author Tara Sivec and award-winning narrator Andi Arndt, a hysterically funny, heartfelt romance about starting over and taking chances.

Nothing good ever comes from drinking a box of wine alone. So when I decided to entertain my drunken self by setting up some hand-me-down podcasting equipment and reading the steamy parts fro
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: December 3rd 2019 by Sivec & Arndt (first published September 3rd 2019)

Syndi
Oct 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
This book reminds me so much of Meghan Quinn and Jana Aston. Quirky, fun, sweet and weird. Weird in a good way. This is my first audio book by Miss Sivec. I am not disappoint. I think she writes it for all of the audio book narrators. Especially romance genre.

Heidi is fired from her boring job as kinder garden teacher. Then she had this idea to start podcast about steamy romance. And it is hilarious. To be honest, listening about podcast, I done my research how to start podcast. And Bran is additional bon
Stacey is Sassy
I really needed this...

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time...ON THE TRAIN...OUT LOUD! Seriously, my fellow passengers must think I'm an absolute loon. You can pass off the odd smirk and even a big smile once in a while, but full-on busting out laughing, not so much. I just couldn't help myself, though. Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words was OTT silly but so bloody good. I beg you Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt, please, do it again and again and again. If this is what happens when a very talented author works tog
Natasha is a Book Junkie
The perfect blend of feels and giggles, this heartwarming, sexy, and at times hysterically funny tale of a darling former kindergarten teacher blossoming from a shy, sexually repressed wallflower into a confident young woman in charge of her own life and desires, is the ultimate feel-good Romantic Comedy. The story unfolds both through a first-person point of view, as well as a hilarious podcast where the heroine slowly breaks through her own inhibitions by reading steamy passages from erotic no ...more
Mindy Lou's Book Review
First, Andi Arndt is a brilliant narrator. I love her voice and she really brings the story to life. I’m a big fan. As for the story itself? It was very funny in some parts, adorably cute in others and awkwardly embarrassing in the rest. I do struggle a bit with the embarrassing parts. Some of the scenes are just really far fetched, but that was the point. Overall, very funny!
Jacob Proffitt
This is possibly the funniest book I've ever, er, listened to. Since the narrator co-wrote it, I suspect that it isn't an accident that the narration perfectly fits the characters to pull off some hilarious scenes. And without compromising the characters or story.

This turns out to be more chick-lit than romance as the story is mainly about Heidi growing into herself once her career as a teacher tanks. I loved spending time with her on the journey of self-discovery and I enjoyed the g
☕️Kimberly
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2019
This adorkable, funny, naughty, sexy, laugh out loud RomCom kept me up into the wee hours giggling into my pillow.

The story takes place in Waconia, Minnesota and tells the story of Heidi Larsen, a sweet kindergarten teacher who dresses in unicorn smock dresses and whose mother covered her ears whenever someone said a naughty word. She doesn’t curse, reads Amish romances and has the hots for her neighbor. She is also miserable.

When she loses her job as a kindergarten teach
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Heidis Guide to Four Letter Words Audiobook Review
Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words by Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt
Narrated by Andi Arndt
Romantic Comedy available in Audio First
5++++ Stars

Uff-da! I know the Tara Sivec/Andi Arndt collaboration would be good, but I honestly had no idea how good! Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words is the first book I ever listened to once, then went right back and listened again. Then while writing this review and transcribing the quotes, I ended up listening for a third time!

Heidis Guide to Four Letter Words Audiobook Review
Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words by Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt
Narrated by Andi Arndt
Romantic Comedy available in Audio First
5++++ Stars

Heidis Guide to four letter words

“Dick Taste in my palm, sleazy sleazy, he bent your dong”

Tara Sivec has been one of my favorite authors since 2012. Andi Arndt has become one of my favorite narrators especially for romantic comedy. But I’ve not heard her do full-on comedy, and I usually prefer her playing older heroines. But let me tell you, she NAILED it! I normally separate my story review from the narration, but in Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words the narration was such a huge part of the story that I can’t imagine you’d get the full effect just reading it.

Heidi was so charmingly naive and innocent. A kindergarten teacher in Minnesota that was recently laid off, Heidi’s idea of a romance novel is Amish romance, and she blushes at the sound of sexy words, forget about saying them! She’s not a virgin, but she gets completely tongue-tied around her sexy neighbor.
"The kind of fire that makes me want to ask him to touch my butt. Oh my god, I feel so scandalous."

In order to get more comfortable saying sexy stuff so she doesn’t fall into bushes around her neighbor, Heidi starts a podcast where she tries to read sexy scenes in books. A box of Franzia wine later, “Heidi’s Discount Erotica” (Doot do doo!) was born.

Brent was so perfect. He was sweet, kind of shy, and perfect for Heidi.
“I said yes to a date with the original Heidi. The adorable, funny, beautiful Heidi, who measures so far above everyone else without even trying.”…"If you did any of this for me, it’s not necessary. I like you just the way you are.”

Besides Heidi and Brent, there were some amazing side characters, but Heidi’s mom was my favorite EVER, especially the way Andi Arndt acted her.
“Chocolate sauce was on sale at the grocery store the other day and you know I can’t pass up a good sale. It was buy one get one free!
Anyhoo, Heidi’s father now has a blister on his peepee and he’s very sensitive about it!”

Likes:

•I have never laughed so hard at an audiobook.
•The actual podcasts were so much fun!
•The book would be great to read, but the narration took it from great to AMAZING. (See below)
•I laughed a lot, but there was also some emotion involved. It wasn’t all silly fun.
•The Minnesota humor. I have a friend from there who sounds just like this! She listened and thought it was hysterical!
•It’s the first time I listened to an audiobook again immediately after finishing.

Dislikes:

•Absolutely NOTHING.

The Narration:
Wow. Andi Arndt really outdid herself here! I think that acting out a character that she created gave it that something extra-special that Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words had. Her Minnesota accent was so funny, and I loved the way she didn’t overuse it, using it in only actual dialog. And Heidi’s mom! OMG I am laughing thinking about it. While I usually prefer Andi narrating slightly more mature characters, she sounded so young with her MN accent that she couldn’t have been more perfect for Heidi. The second time I listened I sped it up to 1.5 and it made it even funnier!

The Down & Dirty:
Tara Sivec has always been my favorite romcom author. I was a little worried that having another person who has never written before co-write with my favorite author might take something away from that Tara magic. But nooooooo, Andi completely enhanced it! Her ideas, her Minnesota background, and especially her narration, combined with Tara’s hysterical sense of humor, and we have Romantic Comedy GOLD. While I think it would be funny to read, Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words was MADE for audio, so I highly suggest you give it a try! You can sign up for a free audible book or it’s free in the Audible Escape Package. Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words is the funniest audiobook I've ever heard, so grab a hot dish and a box of Franzia and be ready to laugh your butt off, don'tcha know?

Rating 5+++ Stars. Heat 4, Narration 5+++

Purchase Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words by Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt

Available in Audible first. Free in the Audible Escape Package

Available 12/3

Visit anasattic.com for daily sales, freebies, reviews and recommendations.

Lisa-Books Smiles
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. rounding up for all the laughs.
Heroesinbooks
Beyond 5 Whoopdidoo Stars

Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt teamed up to write this delightful story and it is narrated brilliantly by Andi. I snapped this up on Audible and found every excuse available to do jobs round the house just so I could keep listening.

Heidi Larson is a 25yr old woman who is let go from her Kindergarten Teacher post and in searching for a new job ends up working in admin for a company that records audible books....specifically erotic romance. To say Heidi has led a s
Storme
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, I’m so pumped to have picked up this audible book from the popular section. I was pulled by the cover alone, and then the title definitely sealed the deal. Once I started it, I couldn’t help but fall in love with the story. I want more from this author and the narrator. Tara and Andie, please make all of the audio books because I desperately need them in my life.

Heidi has been laid off as kindergarten teacher, and she applies for a new job at E Media as an administrative assistan
Amy
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook
4.5/5 Such a fun listen, hilarious and the narration was amazing!
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

Oh my gosh, this book was so much fun! This book caught my eye when I saw the cover prior to its release. It sounded like a funny story so I was somewhat interested. When I noticed that Andi Arndt narrated and co-authored the book, I knew that I would have to give it a try. I am so glad that I did. I am not sure what I expected but there was a certain magic to this book. It is safe to say that I enjoyed the time that I spent with
Alaina
This was so cute.

Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words was a pretty enjoyable audiobook. I feel like I flew through the 6 hour book. It doesn't hurt that I enjoyed meeting all the characters in this one either. Heidi was simply adorable. She is a kindergarten teacher who ends up having the hots for one of her neighbors .. well, maybe I should say was a teacher.

Yeah, she lost her job but have no fear! She is now working at an audio studio, which honestly sounds kind of fun. Watching Heidi transform in this b/>Heidi's
Sarah/DragonflyReads
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: audio
I adored this book! I honestly think that Andi Arndt's narration was just so much more passionate than other's I've heard. That has to be because she co-wrote with Tara Sivec. With that said, can Tara Sivec do no wrong? Where's my Tator Tot Hot Dish!?
Beth McCraw
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My audio review.

Story: 5 stars
Uff da.

What do you get when you pair one of the best Romantic Comedy writers with one of the Best Narrators in Romance? Well, you get a hilarious audio treat, obviously!

This story features one Heidi Larsen, a young woman who is clueless about everything sexy or erotic. No, she isn't a virgin, but she might as well be. This is a girl who can't even say the word cock.

After losing her job as an elementary teacher in a small Minnesota town, she is forced to find work elsewhere. It is at Eden Audio that she disreview.
Story:
Zoe
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hilarious, quirky, and adorable!

Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words is a sweet, sassy rom-com about the charmingly shy Heidi Larsen who after losing her job as a kindergarten teacher juggles a new career, a sexy neighbour, and an increasingly popular podcast that involves lots of wine, erotic readings, and a naughty side she never knew she had.

The writing is lighthearted and fun. The characters are charismatic, amusing, and endearing. And the plot is a delightfully enterta
Lori ~ BF Bookies
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobooks
This was so much fun to listen to! Being from Iowa, I thoroughly enjoyed all the references, the accents, and the relatable scenes. Snort giggles galore!

So hilarious, and at times, heart-warming, and I loved every minute.

#hotdish
#uffda
#bushninja
#PetEyeSpider
#fern

Andi Arndt did a fantastic job with the narration!
Tanya (Girl Plus Books)
3.5 STARS

I have mixed feelings about Heidi's Guide. For the first half of the book I found Heidi (and several other characters) super annoying and downright prissy and prudish. Their reactions to anything even remotely risque were so over the top that it was hard to take seriously. (Yes, I know this is a rom-com, with a big focus on the comedy aspect.) But the way they were so completely shocked and offended by romance books that (gasp!) contained sex scenes and dared to include (double gasp
Maia
***3 adorable enjoyable stars***
This was the first audiobook I finished. In one sitting at that. Took me roughly a little more than 4 hours. I didn't think audiobooks were for me before this, tried & failed many times before this. This narrator is amazing.
(Got it for free on Audible. How? Because I'm an Amazon prime member & when I downloaded audible because I really wanted to listen to this & it isn't available in reading format , audible had an option for 1 credit - as in since I
Danielle (The Blonde Likes Books)
I really liked the premise of this story, but the main character was so awkward it was cringe worthy! I’m sure there are 25 year olds in real life who are equally innocent and awkward, but I’ve never met any, so it didn’t ring realistic to me in that sense.

That said, I adore Andi Arndt as a narrator, and have listened to several books she’s narrated, many of which have steamy scenes, so it was fun to listen to her in character fumbling to say “naughty” words!
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
started off a little slow, but then got really hilarious. I think the storyline was a bit simple, but Tara Sivec can really make me laugh and that's what's important.
book bruin
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook Review

Overall 4 stars
Performance 5 stars
Story 3.5-4 stars

Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words was such a hilarious and fun romcom! There isn't any heavy lifting or angst/drama. There are just laugh out loud moments as Heidi discovers herself and her sexuality. The story and romance was playful and sweet (though sometimes Heidi was a little too naive and clumsy). The secondary characters added lots of laughs as well, and I especially loved Heidi's parents. Their less/>Heidi's
Melissa
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Okay, this was totally adorable. Totally. It's the story of a Minnesota kindergarten teacher who finds herself laid off due to budget cuts. To make ends meet she takes a job at a company which specializes in producing audio narrations of erotic romance novels. Heidi is a girl unaccustomed to the language and open discussion of sexuality that occurs in these sorts of books, so she is a bit freaked out when she hears a real live human narrating these books. On a whim she starts a podcast where she ...more
Brandee (un)Conventional Bookworms
Oh my goodness! This is a must listen and definitely one of the best of 2019! I laughed so hard and kept a ridiculous grin constantly but I also liked the seriousness of the path one can take to find themselves. I'm just tickled Heidi did it through erotica! ;)

============

Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words was, in a word, hysterical. If you've read Tara Sivec before, you know you're going to get laugh-out-loud humor. And even though Heidi's story was a joint effort with Andi A/>
maggieandteddy
Very funny. I just had to get this when I saw that these two wrote this.
Andi Arndt did a great job as Heidi. I just love her Minnesota accent. I love the regional humor.
The characters were all so funny. Heidi- I mean Andi did a great job even the guys' voices.
OMG. My mom used to embarrass me, but nothing like this!
One thing after another. This is slow burn and the heat takes a back seat to th
Monique
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I started listening to this book late one night tucked up in bed and I had to stop as I was shaking with laughter and waking my husband at 2am in the morning. I caught some shut eye and picked it straight back up again first light. It was one of the funniest books I have listened to in a long time. The Amish romance novels...... 🤣😂🤣

Heidi is a small town gal who had a slightly sheltered upbringing and finds herself in a difficult situation. So she sets about discovering all sorts of new things t
Gretchen  (About That Story)
Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words is probably one of the funniest stories I've ever had the pleasure of listening too. It was like the gift that kept on giving and kept getting better and better. Hilarious doesn't cover it! I loved every second!

Heidi was a fantastic character and had the best internal dialogue. She seemed so prim and proper so I loved the development of her growing and owning who she is. It was so fun watching her come out of her shell. I loved her shock and awe of certain thin
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
******** AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ********

I feel like I just fell into the inside loop of the audio world and I want to live in it! It's hilarious and, well, can I be honest here? Of course I can, this is my review... Andi Arndt is like my audio version of Meghan Quinn. I'm a total fan girl and find myself sighing a lot over her voice, her wit. It's just all there!

Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words had me literally laughing out loud. Seriously I hooted out with laughter way more than I ever
Jo - *✽*•.★Reading Is My Bliss★.•*✽*
Fun and light heart audio read :)
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her