Start by marking “Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words” as Want to Read:
Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words

Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words

Cowritten by USA Today best-selling author Tara Sivec and award-winning narrator Andi Arndt, a hysterically funny, heartfelt romance about starting over and taking chances.

Nothing good ever comes from drinking a box of wine alone. So when I decided to entertain my drunken self by setting up some hand-me-down podcasting equipment and reading the steamy parts from romance no
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: December 3rd 2019 by Sivec & Arndt (first published September 3rd 2019)

Natasha is a Book Junkie
The perfect blend of feels and giggles, this heartwarming, sexy, and at times hysterically funny tale of a darling former kindergarten teacher blossoming from a shy, sexually repressed wallflower into a confident young woman in charge of her own life and desires, is the ultimate feel-good Romantic Comedy. The story unfolds both through a first-person point of view, as well as a hilarious podcast where the heroine slowly breaks through her own inhibitions by reading steamy passages from erotic no ...more
☕️Kimberly
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audio-2019
This adorkable, funny, naughty, sexy, laugh out loud RomCom kept me up into the wee hours giggling into my pillow.

The story takes place in Waconia, Minnesota and tells the story of Heidi Larsen, a sweet kindergarten teacher who dresses in unicorn smock dresses and whose mother covered her ears whenever someone said a naughty word. She doesn’t curse, reads Amish romances and has the hots for her neighbor. She is also miserable.

When she loses her job as a kindergarten teacher due to budget cuts sh
Anas Attic  Book Blog
Heidis Guide to Four Letter Words Audiobook Review
Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words by Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt
Narrated by Andi Arndt
Romantic Comedy available in Audio First
5++++ Stars

Uff-da! I know the Tara Sivec/Andi Arndt collaboration would be good, but I honestly had no idea how good! Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words is the first book I ever listened to once, then went right back and listened again. Then while writing this review and transcribing the quotes, I ended up listening for a third time!

Heidis Guide to four letter words

“Dick Taste in my palm, sleazy
Grace
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My audio review.

Story: 5 stars
Uff da.

What do you get when you pair one of the best Romantic Comedy writers with one of the Best Narrators in Romance? Well, you get a hilarious audio treat, obviously!

This story features one Heidi Larsen, a young woman who is clueless about everything sexy or erotic. No, she isn't a virgin, but she might as well be. This is a girl who can't even say the word cock.

After losing her job as an elementary teacher in a small Minnesota town, she is forced to find work e
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

Oh my gosh, this book was so much fun! This book caught my eye when I saw the cover prior to its release. It sounded like a funny story so I was somewhat interested. When I noticed that Andi Arndt narrated and co-authored the book, I knew that I would have to give it a try. I am so glad that I did. I am not sure what I expected but there was a certain magic to this book. It is safe to say that I enjoyed the time that I spent with thi
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
******** AUDIOBOOK REVIEW ********

I feel like I just fell into the inside loop of the audio world and I want to live in it! It's hilarious and, well, can I be honest here? Of course I can, this is my review... Andi Arndt is like my audio version of Meghan Quinn. I'm a total fan girl and find myself sighing a lot over her voice, her wit. It's just all there!

Heidi's Guide to Four Letter Words had me literally laughing out loud. Seriously I hooted out with laughter way more than I ever expected to
Crazy for Books (Stephanie)
started off a little slow, but then got really hilarious. I think the storyline was a bit simple, but Tara Sivec can really make me laugh and that's what's important.
Debra Brownstein
2.5
I was thrilled when I saw this:
Catchy title.
Fun synopsis.
My favorite female narrator.
But here I am again, finding a highly rated book that I found disappointing. Whereas everyone else loved Heidi, I thought she was just too clueless and immature. And this was the first time I didn’t like Andi Arndt’s narration. Our main characters accent and intonation grated on my nerves (Is that supposed to be a Minnesota accent?). I truly thought I would enjoy a book that had tater tot hot dish, boxed win
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
Audible copy received

I have been looking forward to this story since I first heart it was happening. A favourite author and a favourite narrator collaborating to write a story - let me at it!

Heidi's crush her neighbour is just the cutest thing. I was laughing so hard as I was listening as she floundered around him. Whilst she is no virgin, she just doesn't have that knack of talking to guys she likes. And don't get me started on her blushing at the tamest of dirty words.

The authors and the narra
Mikaia
***3 adorable enjoyable stars***
This was the first audiobook I finished. In one sitting at that. Took me roughly a little more than 4 hours. I didn't think audiobooks were for me before this, tried & failed many times before this. This narrator is amazing.
(Got it for free on Audible. How? Because I'm an Amazon prime member & when I downloaded audible because I really wanted to listen to this & it isn't available in reading format , audible had an option for 1 credit - as in since I a
Adirondack Reads Romance
Uff-da! You betcha you’ll laugh your bottom off!

In a hilariously twisted romcom reminiscent of SNL’s “B-108 Morning Show”, Tara Sivec & Andi Arndt strike comedic gold with this audible telling of “Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words”!

Heidi, in an attempt to build her sexual confidence, starts a podcast about reading erotica and talking about her crush on her neighbor. When she discovers that the crush is retuned, I freaking laughed so hard at her awkward AF antics and snarky asides listening
Shelby
Do yourselves a favor and listen to this audio instead of doing the upcoming ebook. Andi NAILED this narration. It's my favorite narration of hers that I've listened to yet! The Minnesotan accent and inflection were spot on. Hearing it over reading it just added SO much to the whole story & experience.
The story itself was absolutely fantastic...as someone who grew up about 20 miles from Minnesota, I could totally relate to all of the "uff das", "don't ya knows", hot dishes, and cookie bars!
Carissa
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a hilarious audiobook! The story was also very cute. The writing duo was seamlessly done that I couldn't tell this audiobook was written by 2 people. I agree this is made for audio and those who don't listen WILL be missing out. Oh gosh episode 1 of podcast was so funny "wine boxes," I'd sure call those juice boxes (17 pounds of grapes lol)! Andi did a great job on narration and this is probably the funniest I've heard from her yet, oh and that accent! I'm curious and hopeful if Tara and An ...more
Zoe
Sep 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hilarious, quirky, and adorable!

Heidi’s Guide to Four Letter Words is a sweet, sassy rom-com about the charmingly shy Heidi Larsen who after losing her job as a kindergarten teacher juggles a new career, a sexy neighbour, and an increasingly popular podcast that involves lots of wine, erotic readings, and a naughty side she never knew she had.

The writing is lighthearted and fun. The characters are charismatic, amusing, and endearing. And the plot is a delightfully entertaining tale full of witty
Heather Reichert
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't normally post reviews but I just had to on this one. I loved this book it had me laughing so may times. My family thinks I am crazy for just busting out laughing (they did not realize i had earbuds in and was listening to a book). While this book was hilarious it also a great story of someone becoming comfortable with themselves and loving themselves.
Darcy
This one was just ok for me. I think part of why the book didn’t work for me is because I’m from Minnesota and how things were described and the way people talked were over the top and not what I encounter in my every day, it bothered me to the point where I almost dnf'ed the book. I did like Heidi becoming more sure of herself, even if the situations were over the top.
Michelle
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Laughed until I cried funny. I think it is best listened to instead of reading if you have that opportunity.
MiniMe
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I’m sure readers liked Heidi and found her cute, relatable and downright funny. I found her to be sexually repressed, immature and generally annoying. And sadly it didn’t get any better even after she became more confident and got her guy.
Jenn Amy
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Andi Arndt narration in the audiobook version is PERFECT!! I lost count out how many laugh out loud moments there were! I just loved this so much! 5 stars!
Jask Afsh
This was one of the best novel read this year. It was Actually laugh out loud funny. H was sweet, sometimes h inner monologue had me Rolf . Tara Sivec is one of my favorite author . Andi used to be my favorite narrator, she knows when to pause, when to stop etc, etc . So yeah she is one of the amazing narrator but of late I felt she was reading the novel very slowly. Many times I literally dozed off while listening to her. Her reading was THAT SLOW. But the way she read read this novel was amazi ...more
Heather
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Where do I even begin?

There has never been a book from Tara Sivec that I didn't love and I swear Andi Arndt's voice is so soothing I could listen to her read a grocery list and be happy.

Heidi is this little innocent and clueless woman who takes on a job at Eden Audio after losing her job as a kindergarten teacher. Here she is thrust into the world of erotic romance. And for a woman that can't say some of the 4 letter words she is now hearing, it is a bit much.

Through the help of a famous acto
Pam
Oh my.... what a read.

I have quickly come to look for a Tara Sivec read when I am in need of a good laugh. This book I think is by far the best. Andi does a wonderful job of creating the sense of mood and feelings of the character. I felt like I was sitting there listening to Heidi's podcast or hiding behind the hydrangea bush watching the hot neighbour with her, lol.

So much fun watching Heidi find her own after loosing her job as a teacher. She struggles with wanting to do something different
Karen Hoffman
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was fortunate to go and meet Andi and Tara when they hosted a Rooftop Party in Minneapolis to promote this wonderful story at the end of July. Today has been a wonderful relaxing day. I began early this morning to listen and have spent the day enjoying the story. It is a sweet story about Heidi and her shyness to get together with Brent her next door neighbor. She is so nervous and does silly things when he is around and through it all he falls more in love with her quirky personality. It is f ...more
Marika
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I obviously expected it to be awesome, but it was just freaking perfect..hilarious, embarrassing as heck for Heidi and at her expenses..
I just couldn't stop smiling and laughing..and I guess everyone that met me on the road thought I was a loon as I was laughing like crazy..at times, ahem, a few times, I even covered my face with my hand..talk about being embarrassing!
Andi Arndt as always is freaking phenomenal..she could read anything and she would make it special..she is just so freaking talen
Up All Night Book Addict
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-2019, reviews
Where do I begin? With the book or the audible? I have had the pleasure of reading and listening to this hilarious book. Both ways work so well for this story!

Sivec, per usual, did a wonderful job at bringing out quirky characters and giving them an animated bumpy romance. A romance with the right amount of angsty lusting, everyday mishaps, and characters that will melt your heart.

The narration of this book is superb! I laughed just as hard as I did when I read. In some cases, I laughed even har
Stephanie Hersh
Shelves: favorites
Absolutely hilarious😂

I loved this book. It was sweet, sexy, romantic and oh so so funny!! Tara Sivec and Andi Arndt co wrote an amazing story!! And as always Andi Arndt did such a fantastic job narrating! I'm so buying the book when it comes out in December of 2019!!

I also hope they collaborate in future!!
Loopylo
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was such a funny listen.

I was listening to this in the car today and I swear the guy that stopped by me at the traffic lights thought I oughta be in a straitjacket as I was laughing so much. 🤣🤣

Andi Arndt teaming up with Tara Sivec is a genius move. Can't recommend this enough.
Denise
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This. Is. Greatness! I literally laughed out loud - a lot! Love the Minnesota accent she did. What are you waiting for?! Just go get it already!! 😂😂

🎧🔊 Audio book review 🕪🎧
Lisa-Books Smiles
Sep 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.5 stars. rounding up for all the laughs.
Teresa
Shelves: audible
I loved this audio book, from the start I just couldn't stop laughing. Is such a refreshing story and very relatable.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
Tara Sivec is a USA Today best-selling author, wife, mother, chauffeur, maid, short-order cook, baby-sitter, and sarcasm expert. She lives in Ohio with her husband and two children and looks forward to the day when all three of them become adults and move out.

After working in the brokerage business for fourteen years, Tara decided to pick up a pen and write instead of shoving it in her eye out of