Start by marking “Night's Reckoning (Elemental Legacy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Night's Reckoning (Elemental Legacy, #3)

Night's Reckoning

(Elemental Legacy #3)

Darkness comes for everyone, and some fates are inescapable.

For over a thousand years, the legendary sword Laylat al Hisab—the Night’s Reckoning—has been lost in the waters of the East China Sea. Forged as a peace offering between two ancient vampires, the sword has eluded treasure hunters, human and immortal alike.

But in time, even the deep gives up its secrets.

When
Published November 26th 2019 by Recurve Press, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Night's Reckoning, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Night's Reckoning

Start your review of Night's Reckoning (Elemental Legacy, #3)
Elizabeth Hunter
Aug 14, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)

This book was… not easy to write. But it was a relief to finally write down scenes that have been living in my head for years now. It’s not an exaggeration to say that this is a pivotal book in the Elemental Legacy series. Happy Reading!!

READ TODAY
Smashwords: http://bit.ly/35O2BUX
Nook: https://bit.ly/2qjwCvo
Kobo:
Kate's Corner
‘The course of true love never did run smooth’
(A Midsummer Night’s Dream)

With every book I read in this series I always think that there is no way that the previous book can be topped, and I am pleased to say that I am wrong. Every. Single. Time! Night’s Reckoning is outstanding. As soon as I started it, I felt as if I had finished it in a matter of minutes. It gave me all the feels.

After Puerto Rico, the bite, the kiss, the chemistry that has been building for years the tipping point for these
Fiona Weaver
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read an early copy and I am honestly in one of the biggest book hangovers ever! I have eagerly awaited every book that Elizabeth Hunter creates for us and the Elemental Legacy books are among my absolute favourites but this story is something else! It‘s a real adventure. It is intrigue, it is gritty, it is friendship, it is love all bound in the most beautifully written way. I devoured this book (despite having to stop and breathe a few times - but we wouldn’t love ...more
Books_at_Tiffany’s
Nov 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Elizabeth has done it again. Night’s Reckoning is everything I have wanted and everything I have dreaded.
I feel raw. I feel undone. The Elemental Mysteries and Elemental Legacy books have brought us up to this point and we have impatiently patiently waited for these stories of our beloved Ben and Tenzin, our “Benzin”, for years now.
This story started a little slow for me but then it just took off and I had to forgo sleep to finish. I was enthralled. Our characters are growing and changing and
This Literary Life
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It took me over a week to come up with a review for this book. I had to really think hard about what I wanted to write.

I was through the moon when I saw an early copy of this book land on my kindle. As most will understand I was a bit leery of this book, what would happen?!? How will Elizabeth be able to write something to satisfy everyone when there seems to be so much riding on this story? So before I began, I took a deep breath, sat back and remembered who the author is. In the past I have
TheSassyNerdBlog
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've been sitting here for days trying to put into words how insanely intense and all-consuming this book was... And I keep finding myself staring at the screen, completely lost for words. I've only read a couple of Elizabeth's books and each one I loved, and this? I think this goes on the re-read pile and a favorite of hers now. This was deep... Deeper than I expected, I did not see any of that coming. The emotions inside these pages were overwhelming. In the space of a book, I cried, I ...more
Loumyra
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To start with the most important: this book really deserves 5 stars.

However, this is one of the most difficult reviews I've ever written. Why? Because Night's Reckoning is difficult to classify. It is the 3rd book in the Elemental Legacy Series, continuing the story of Ben and Tenzin. It is - as all the books in the series - a stand alone urban fantasy story. It is, however, so much more. It is a story about friendship, about family and about love; about personal development and the willingness
Sarah Keffer
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I eagerly anticipate every book by Elizabeth Hunter but my excitement for Night's Reckoning was next level. Ben and Tenzin are two of my favorite literary characters of any book/genre and I couldn't wait to see how their relationship evolved since Blood Apprentice. I cleared my schedule for the day and read until I was finished....and then I couldn't properly function the rest of the day. This book is dark, raw, angry and beautiful. I laughed, cried, and experienced joy and heartache ...more
M.J. Faraldo
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this book in one sitting, I had been waiting for it and stressing about it for weeks, I had theories and I had expectations. Elizabeth blew all my expectations and my theories out of the water and delivered a tale so well written that I don't know what to say other than, thank you Elizabeth for writing it, it must have been difficult at times, you wrote the story that was true to the characters even if it wasn't easy and I love that. It was a book that was hard to read at times, it made ...more
Kara-karina
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a bittersweet, beautiful book! I was all misty-eyed.

Ben and Tenzin were shining so brightly here! Ben, going through his evolution of love and self. Tenzin, finally accepting the profound changes he carved into her. It was poignant.

All the steps we took following the escalating intensity of these two partners and friends paid off with an explosive finale. I think it's Elizabeth's finest work so far. She just keeps getting better and better.

Sorry, I am fangirling here.

But I also can't
Ebeth
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read an early copy of this book. That was well over a week ago and I'm still having trouble gathering up my all feelings enough to write a coherent review. Every time I think about what I want to say, what words I want to use, I know I'll come up short, but I can't help but release a deeply contented sigh.

Night's Reckoning is the 3rd installment of the Elemental Legacy series and y'all, there was a lot riding on this book for me. I was worried that I had hyped it
Anne Chadwick
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book, oh my goodness where to start with this book? I'm an avid reader of Elizabeth Hunter's work and tbh, if she re-wrote the big yellow pages I'd likely still pick it up. So, I was waiting with absolute anticipation to get my grubby little hands on this.

Ben and Tenzin, such a complex pair. I want to bang their heads together - or just force them to TALK IT OUT!!! but Tenzin is a little bit terrifying so I likely would never do any of those things.

Anyway, I digress. The book was paced
Lin Cunningham
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is book number 3 in the Elemental Legacy & after the traumatic ending in the previous book we start with Ben & Tenzin emotionally distant. Then begins the quest to find the Laylat al Hisab, the Night’s Reckoning sword lost long ago. You have to have read the previous two books as a minimum or the entire Elemental series if you know what’s good for you!
This is an emotional rollercoaster bringing together all of the previous tensions & threads leading to this culmination in the
Norma
Nov 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Night's Reckoning was just perfect. I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes and my heart and stomach twisted with the wealth of emotions stirred up by Ben and Tenzin's latest adventure. The treasure hunting was as fun, fast paced, and infuriating as ever, but the real meat of this story is in character and story development. The relationship between Ben and Tenzin is so beautifully and uniquely complicated and Night's Reckoning seemed to explore every single facet of who these two are and who ...more
keikii Eats Books
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
To read more reviews from this author and others, check out my block at keikii Eats Books!

97 points, 5 stars and a complete lack of desire to read anything else

Quote:
Ben looked at Tenzin. "Is sediment enough to protect steel from decaying?"
Tenzin looked skeptical. "Is it magical sediment?"
"No, Tiny, I'm pretty sure this is just normal sediment."
"Then no."

Review:
Why is it that the good books always have to end??? God I'm going to read this book so many times people are going to wonder if
G.M.
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: elizabeth-hunter
We all know that Elizabeth Hunter is a writer of beautiful words. Her character development and world building is among the worlds best. Her dogged research shows in every locale she writes about, along with historical accuracy. This woman does her homework and it shows. Ladies and gentleman... Night's Reckoning is Elizabeth Hunter at her absolute best.

This is one of the most difficult reviews I've ever written because almost anything and everything is a spoiler. Night's Reckoning shares
Kimberly Cole
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Night's Reckoning.......and Oh My... what a reckoning it is!!!

Spoiler free review (though this has been so VERY hard to write without spoilers)

So first up I am an avid fan of Elizabeth Hunter's and as such I couldn't wait to dive into this lost treasure at sea adventure, so I was very excited to be given the opportunity to read a ARC.
I had so many expectations for this book, and they were all met but in totally unexpected ways!
I thought I knew what was going to happen, I had theorised,
Rebecca  Nadine
Nov 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It is always odd to me when a piece of fiction can shake you so off balance that you're not sure you can finish it. That is what Night's Reckoning did. It shook me at a foundational level. It was an amazing read that left me reeling and awestruck.

I am not going to hide the fact that I am a huge Hunter fan, but I think this is her best work, yet. The book is everything you expect from an Elemental Legacy Series novel: action, adventure, complicated vampire politics, etc. The real gem of this
Nicole Rumeau
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Words cannot explain how great this book was. Hunter told a story full of enough emotion and adventure to carry me through...at least until the next installment of this series. Readers who have been following the excruciatingly slow burn of Ben and Tenzin’s relationship, this will be satisfying and still leave you wanting so much more. I love getting a chance to preview Hunter’s books because, honestly, she can do no wrong in my mind.
Jaime
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Some people may need a few years and a few barrels of whiskey to even begin to explain how this book made them feel, but not me.

Peace. I felt so at peace after reading Elizabeth Hunter's newest creation. She did such a fantastic job detailing everything and everyone. You will truly believe that you are right there with the characters. You will feel their highs, you will feel their lows, you will feel their pain and lastly you will feel their peace.

I waited a few days to begin reading this
Vicki Stiefel
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I just finished Night's Reckoning by Elizabeth Hunter, and Wow.
Riveting, romantic, surprising—Night’s Reckoning gripped me from the first and released its hold only with the final, thrilling page. Elizabeth Hunter draws us into another wild ride with Ben and Tenzin. And complicated lives they are. Their quest — to find the sword of Night’s Reckoning buried beneath the sea for a millennia. At least they hope it’s there. Nothing is certain in this beautifully written tale that takes us from Rome
Wanderer
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Wow. Just... Wow.

What an emotional roller coaster. This book just crushes you in the best way possible. This is probably one of my personal favorites from Hunter. It was beautifully written, the amazing complex characters, and the intricate story line just keeps you on the edge of your seat.

At one point I had to take a break from the book because my emotions were all over the place, which only lasted a few seconds because I just HAD to know more. I can't wait to hear how Ben and Tenzin's story
Kate
Shelves: pnr-vampires
This series... I just love Elizabeth Hunter's writing style. Her characters are so well developed and interesting. We come to a head on a few things in this book. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND NOT STARTING WITH THIS BOOK. You should definitely read the series in order.

I heart Ben. I heart Tenzin. They are at a crossroads and it is hard to reconcile my emotions towards them right now because I see each other's angles.

description

There's action, drama, family, and love. We got a little sneak peek with the epilogue. I
Gigi
Nov 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I have been a fan of Elizabeth Hunter, since I first read ‘A Hidden Fire!’ The worlds she creates are phenomenal. The characters are so wonderfully written... and the storylines are incredible.
‘Night’s Reckoning,’ was no exception! It was bloody brilliantly! It was emotionally raw and heartbreaking. I was unable to put this book down. From start to finish, you are utterly drawn to the characters and their turmoil... I absolutely loved it! I have always been captivated by the unique and
Nena
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebook
I received this ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.
This book is the latest story in Ben and Tenzin’s adventures. If you haven’t read them yet, please do before you start Night’s Reckoning.
I am not entirely sure how to review this book without giving anything away. it was everything I wanted it to be and yet it’s like an irresistible teaser that’s making me crazy. I just want more more more. Don’t get me wrong, this book didn’t end in a cliffhanger, it just opened up so many
Penny
Nov 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my! I'm lost for words!

I never know how to write a review for Elizabeth Hunter' s books without sounding like a gushing teenager. Because, whenever I get to the end of them I'm devastated and lost. I'm sooo invested in Benzin's story that I have to sit in total silence for a while before trying to go about my mundane boring life :) Once again, she has transported me to a wondrous world and I cannot recommend her books enough!
Dee Smith
Nov 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I was given the opportunity to read an advanced copy of this and oh my goodness!!! This is the one you definitely do not want to miss! It will have you smiling one minute and in tears the next. There are so many different emotions and you are just so consumed and overwhelmed yet at the same time it's perfection. It's everything we have come to expect and more!
We all love Ben and Tenzin and have all tried to figure out which way their story would go and this was more than we could ever imagine.
Kathy
Nov 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Night's Reckoning #3
WOW! There are some books that you read and even if they're good you forget them almost as soon as you finish. Then there are others that stay with you for days… Even weeks… While your mind replays parts of them over and over. Those that pique your interest so much you can hardly wait for the next installment. This was absolutely one of those books. I don't often give books a five-star rating, but Night's Reckoning more than deserves it. Honestly I give it a 5+ star rating.
Monadh
A long time in coming

This is the book that fans of Tenzin and Ben have been waiting for, and it changes everything. It is the sixth book and the third full length novel in the series. The Elemental Legacy series started with Shadows and Gold, although both Ben and Tenzin have appeared as supporting characters in the Elemental Mysteries (and Elemental World) series from early on. In a way it is a (reverse) age-gap story, because when Tenzin and Ben meet, he is still a teenager and Tenzin is his
Bobbi
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Night’s Reckonin picks up at least six months after Ben and Tenzin were in Puerto Rico, Ben is in Rome doing jobs for hire and Tenzin is in China.
This book is both a caper adventure, as we’ve come to expect from the series, and an examination of how growing love and awareness can affect different people, based of their life experiences and personalities.
Tenzin has lived a long life, she has been grooming Ben since she met him in his teens to become the best human he can be in fighting and
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Spellbound (Crossbreed, #8; Mageriverse #22)
  • Code of Conduct (Cipher Security, #1)
  • Warrior Fae Princess (Warrior Fae, #2)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • How to Kiss an Undead Bride: The Epilogues (The Beginner's Guide to Necromancy, #7)
  • A Pack of Blood and Lies
  • Happy-Go-Lucky
  • Emperor's Throne (Desert Cursed #6)
  • Archangel's War (Guild Hunter, #12)
  • Rise of the Fae (Dragon's Gift: The Dark Fae #5)
  • The Rebel King (All the King's Men Duet, #2)
  • Shattered Bonds (Jane Yellowrock, #13)
  • Never Have I Ever (Always Satisfied #3)
  • Ascending From Madness (Winterland Tale, #2)
  • Dark Queen’s Army (The Children Of The Gods Paranormal Romance Series Book 34)
  • Kiss Me Again (Kiss Me, #3)
  • Happy Trail (Park Ranger, #1)
  • Fallen King (Court of the Sea Fae, #2)
ELIZABETH HUNTER is a USA Today and international bestselling author of romance, contemporary fantasy, and paranormal mystery. Based in Central California, she travels extensively to write fantasy fiction exploring world mythologies, history, and the universal bonds of love, friendship, and family.

She has published over thirty works of fiction and sold over a million books world-wide. She is the

Elemental Legacy (3 books)
  • Midnight Labyrinth (Elemental Legacy, #1)
  • Blood Apprentice (Elemental Legacy, #2)