Start by marking “Pets in Space 4 (Pets in Space Anthologies #4)” as Want to Read:
Pets in Space 4 (Pets in Space Anthologies #4)

Pets in Space 4

(Pets In Space Anthologies #4)

For a limited time only! Pets in Space® 4 is proud to present 13 amazing, original new stories! Join the adventures as today’s leading Science Fiction Romance authors take you on a journey to another world. Pets in Space® proudly supports Hero-Dogs.org, a non-profit charity that provides service animals to veterans and first responders in need. Join New York Times, USA TOD ...more
Published October 8th 2019 by Cats, Dogs & Other Worldly Creatures

To ask other readers questions about Pets in Space 4, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Pets in Space 4

Marta Cox
Shelves: arc-approval
Oh lordy this is as always a fabulous way to discover exciting reads whilst at the same time doing some good. This anthology contains a plethora of authors that are consistently giving readers fabulous stories and this is no exception. My review here is for Anna Hacketts offering but rest assured given enough time I will be back with more opinions.
I've always enjoyed the Gladiator series and yes the story included here is shorter than I prefer but still gave me all the feels. A couple who
Lola
Oct 08, 2019 is currently reading it
I love the Pets in Space anthologies! I discovered new favorite authors due to previous installments, read new stories by familiar authors and spent hours reading these scifi romance stories with pets. I love the concept and every year I am looking forward to the next Pets in Space. I bought Pets in Space 4 on release day and I plan to read this one through from start to finish. I hope to read a story when I can between arc reads and review obligations. I'll update my review below once I finish ...more
Jannie Cv
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love these Sci-fi pet stories!
It’s always so much fun to meet the unusual companions in these delightful stories! I still have a few of them left to read and I know they will be enjoyable.

* Madas’s Falling Star: Lords of Kassis by S. E. Smith
Fascinating story!
I recall Madas and Gril from earlier in the series. The story of their meeting is filled with dangerous treks through forests, over mountains and bog. Madas lead him on a merry chase!
I find the separation of the Tearn
Kelly
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A darn good collection that let me revisit favored worlds AND jump into new adventures.

Anna Hackett's Dark Guard gave us cyborgs (CYBORGS!) and I LOVE those metal men. Tiffany Roberts' Entwined Fate is a sad/sweet second chance romance that doesn't let the cosmic distance between the stars stop two people who always should have been together find their way. Veronica Scott drops us back on the interstellar cruise ship that's seen its share of craziness since it started its run with Idol's Curse.
Dorine
Oct 09, 2019 marked it as to-read
Did you get your copy yet? Looks like fun and it helps a great cause. Maybe some of us should do a buddy read of it?
Riley
Shelves: sci-fi-romance
Let me tell you about a few of my favorites from Pets in Space 4.

Madas’s Falling Star by S.E. Smith is affiliated with a series, but truly stands alone. I did not feel I was missing anything despite not having read any of the Lords of Kassis books. I thoroughly enjoyed the tale of cat and mouse. And no, the pet in this story is neither cat nor mouse. L’eon is Chameleon Lightning Lizard. Just now, typing that, I figured out where L’eon gets his name.

L’eon is more than a pet. He is also a de/>Madas’s
Marlene
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Originally published at Reading Reality

Some of the pets featured in this series may be small, but every book in the collection – and every story in it – is huge. Sometimes literally and sometimes figuratively.

This is a BIG book. At over 1400 pages, it’s a really, really, really big book. Like 30+ HOURS of book. There’s plenty here to sink your reading teeth – or your own pet’s actual teeth, into. Not that all of the pets featured in this series necessarily HAVE teeth, you understan
N.N. Light
I am currently reading all 13 stories in this wonderful anthology but read Veronica Scott's story over the weekend. This review is for her story, Star Cruise: Idol's Curse.

Juli is on a special assignment. A previous passenger has bequeathed a rock from the planet Tahumaroa to the cruise line with specific instructions to return the rock where he took it from years ago. An odd request but nothing Juli hasn’t experienced before as the Nebula Zephyr’s cruise director. But when the
Gale
Pets that are hilarious!

I am reviewing Nothing Remotely Familiar by Donna McDonald as I was anxious to read an update about Topper and family. I’m a big fan of the author’s so I read this story first. I will review the other stories as soon as I read them.

Okay, NRF had me laughing from the start! Poor Topper is pregnant, with her second child, and this time it is a boy…one who obviously takes after his alien father. His ICE PLANET born alien father. Baby boy is growing at an accelera
Mary S.
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love reading all this mischievous and matchmakers little lizards, kitty's, doggies and so many sweet kind animals and the characters too they were great to read some chacaters that we have already heard about were good to hear their stories. It had a mixed of everything you love reading in a sci-fi romance some were more heartfelt then the others but they were still enjoyable and fun to read.
Jo  (Mixed Book Bag)
Great stories and interesting pets. So far Star Dog or Spy Dog as she is also known is my favorite. Pick this up now. It will not last.
Ashley
My overall rating is based on the average of the following ratings.

Madas’s Falling Star by S.E. Smith: 5/5
Enemies to lovers. A pet lizard with mad skills. Stranded Hero. Heroine searching for freedom. Each race has horror stories about the other.

Madas is trying to get away from her planet to escape her mother and an arranged marriage. Gril Tal Mod crash lands on the planet and realizes his plane was sabotaged. With the help of L’eon these two realize there's more to their races than t/>Madas’s
Robin
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Pets in Space anthologies are some of the best around and #4 is no exception with never before stories in some of the most amazing worlds not of this one. This years edition let me revisit S.E. Smith's Lords of Kassis series with the fleshed out tale of Madas and Gril and how they came to be. Anna Hackett's Dark Guard is a fast paced story from her new House of Rone series that tells the story of Calla and Zaden. these two are hot and the action is intense. Veronica Scott's Star Cruise: Idol ...more
Denise
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: love-it
Zaden from the House Of Rhone has had to have his telekinesis powers shut down with cyborg enhancements so he does not loose control and hurt anyone. He lives his life with no emotional attachments until he and member's of the House Of Rhone cyborgs gladiators rescue Calla and Sage from the Edull. Calla is from Rella and now knows that she can never return home. She is slowly getting used to her new home and coming to terms with the cybernetic heart that the healers had to use to save her life. ...more
Chera
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Guard by Anna Hackett is one of the 13 short stories that make up Pets in Space 4 and my choice for review. Dark Guard is part of the Galactic Gladiators: House of Rone series and focuses on recently rescued Calla Ryss and the cyborg gladiator Zaden and Cat, a cyborg enhanced feline. Cat has made appearances in other House of Rone books but this is her time to shine as she decides Calla is her person. Calla was captured by the Thraxians and sold to the Edull; she was rescued along with Sage ...more
Dora
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review is for Dark Guard by Anna Hackett.
Calla Ryss was rescued from her nightmare but was she safe? Control was most important for Zaden. His emotions had made him dangerous and now, the little Rella was making him… feel! She had been feeling non worthy and he had saw himself as guilty but now there was something more at stake that they had to face. With an intriguing and fierce cyborg cat and the House of Rone cyborgs, Calla and Zaden had to battle the forces of evil. Action, adventure, st
Judi
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Had to read my favorite first...

Nothing Remotely Familiar brings another chapter in the life of Topper and Stark. Their first born Jessica is a teenager and it time for her to get a familiar, just when they’re going to Stark’s home planet of Glacier. Jessica is a perfect and annoying mix of Topper and Stark, and her assigned familiar is a cool change from the usual cat. Added to that, Topper is heavily pregnant, but it’s not time to give birth, right? Of course, hilarity ensues. I love seeing m
Nikki Brooks
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark Guard by Anna Hackett

Zaden is one of the younger cyborgs. His implants were forced onto him by his father after a youthful outburst caused tragedy.

Calla was kidnapped by the Thraxians and saved by Zaden and the other House of Rone Gladiators. Now on the mend she feels useless. Her family didn't think much of her culinary talents but she wants to get back to what she excelled at.

Add in a cute, arrogant, nosy and not a little psychic robocat and you have yo
Niki
Awesome anthology

I primarily purchased this compilation for Anna Hackett and SE Smith’s contributions. Both stories were fantastic, exactly what I expected from each author, and helped advance each storyline. I loved them. That said, I enjoyed all the stories in this anthology. Since I haven’t read the previous stories in those series, I did feel a little lost, but I enjoyed them nonetheless. And I even found a new author to read!
Sherill
SCI-FI SIZZLING ROMANCE

“Dark Guard by Anna Hackett” is a romantic tale that takes place on the planet Carthago. Notorious aliens take pleasure in kidnapping individuals into slavery. Inside this story you’ll find powerful hero rescues, deadly danger, spine-chilling action, witty banter, a pesky intelligent cyborg cat, sizzling romance and a happy forever.

Zaden, is a powerful cyborg and must keep his emotions in check or he becomes a deadly force. Calla, a beauty spent qui
Pamela
Oct 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is one of the best anthologies. I loved reading a variety of authors and finding new stories to read. The pets in these stories are varied but so cute and fierce. You don't want to miss out on this anthology. Be ready to have a long read as this is a long book.

I received a copy of this book and am leaving a review.
Deanna from Deanna's World
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Rating is for Dark Guard by Anna Hackett. Review to follow.

Deanna's World

See more from Deanna's World
Trisha Turner
Oct 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wonderful stories

Loved all the stories, each one is so very different but wonderful in their own way. It is such a delightful way to meet new authors and visit my favorite ones as well.
Stephanie Villere
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
My review is for Nothing Remotely Familiar written by Donna McDonald. I love the crazy lives of Topper and Stark. They are now waiting on the birth of their second child and things are not going as planned...I know, shocker, right? It’s funny, fast, freaky and furry! Don’t miss it!
Petro
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this story had some good ups and downs. Will read it again and can't wait for the next one
MELISSA
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Okay

Love sci-fi. Love some sensuality. All this together all the time and most of the stories- just too much for me. Glad to buy for I am glad to support the charity.
Jac Nielson
Loved it!!

I love the idea behind, and stories in the Pets in Space anthologies. Number 4 does not disappoint. Authors I love and new authors I get the privilege to know😀
Lynn Smith
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Pets in Space 4

I love these collections of stories. Each one is as good as or better then the one before. The process go to a wonderful cause.
Juanita E. Arp
Oct 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I've only read Anna Hackett's story in this collection of stories,and it is wonderful. The interaction and chemistry between the characters is great. I can't wait for more from this author. I received this story as a FREE ARC copy to read and I voluntarily leave this review.
Chantel
Oct 17, 2019
« previous 1 3 next »
S.E. Smith is a New York Times (Twin Dragons and Dagger’s Hope) and 15 time USA TODAY Bestselling author of Science Fiction, Urban Fantasy, and Paranormal Romance. She brings action, adventure, and suspense-filled romance stories to transport readers out of this world. Sexy, funny, action-packed—Science fiction, Paranormal, Fantasy, and Contemporary stories with a twist! Discover stories with a he ...more

Pets In Space Anthologies (4 books)
  • Pets in Space (Pets in Space Anthologies, #1)
  • Embrace the Romance (Pets in Space Anthologies, #2)
  • Embrace the Passion (Pets in Space Anthologies, #3)