Start by marking “Fractured Souls (Darkstar Mercenaries, #3)” as Want to Read:
Fractured Souls (Darkstar Mercenaries, #3)

Fractured Souls

(Darkstar Mercenaries #3)

Alexis Carter is a long way from home, and she doesn't quite understand how she got here. All she knows is that she died once, and now she's alive.

She's woken into a nightmare, trapped on a dark ship full of terrifying aliens. With their silver skin and fire-colored eyes, they look a lot like the monsters that once attacked her on Earth.

One Kordolian in particular
Published August 13th 2019 by Anna Carven

To ask other readers questions about Fractured Souls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Fractured Souls

Start your review of Fractured Souls (Darkstar Mercenaries, #3)
Ivy Deluca
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
description

I was cruising right along....and then I realized that I've now read all the books in the OG Dark Planet Warriors series as well as this spinoff, and.... I want more.

In this installment, the focus is on Alexis, a former Enforcement officer on Earth who's been forced to flee because there's a hit out on her...ordered by Kordolians (the others still loyal to the old Empire). She's on the same doomed flight as Layla, the heroine from the previous book, and dies. But she ends up becoming the host to
phoebess
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviews
I loved the new twists and revelations in Fractured Souls and the path the main plot is headed. I adored Alexis and Nythian but at the same time, I wanted more from them while knowing that nothing would ever be enough for me.
And I need the next installment in this series so badly! Please, Ms. Carven, write as fast as you are able to... for my sanity's sake, you know.
Elodie
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
When two broken minds collide, how can they find their way to another.

I know I am outside my usual romance genre but some authors caught my attention from the beginning and each new release is candy to my mind.

How I love Mrs Anna Carven’s universe, her silver horned and fanged alien warriors never disappoint.
I follow the Darkstar warriors since its first series, and I have never enough of these callous and merciless silver aliens and the human mates who capture their heart.
Nythian is a perfect
BAK
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Was hoping for more. Looking towards the next book now.

Yep. I went there. 3 stars I believe is the lowest star I’ve given any of AC’s Dark Planet or Dark Star books. But Nythian wasn’t all that special or unique sounding. Still super sexy since he’s one of the First Division.
Alexis did not sound attractive to me and I didn’t like how her physical characteristics continued to be mentioned during the book.
I also didn’t like how she had such a hard time with her skin on her one hand changing to
Angie Turner
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
I this series

I enjoyed reading about life on the Silence warship. Nythian and Alexis are a perfect match for each other without realizing it. Great read.
Space Cowgirl
Sep 27, 2019 rated it liked it
Fractured Fairy Tale

Having read most or all of the Dark Planet Warriors, and now the Darkstar Mercenaries series, I was a bit disappointed in this book.

There are a few aspects of this book that were left hanging, maybe for another book? Alexis is brought back from the dead, only to be taken over by a parasitical alien.
The experience leaves her with a hand that is supposed to be a super hand but the author doesnt have her do any super deed with it.

Also don't like that Abby, the annoying wife
Kelly
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh man. Alexis and Nythian worked for me. She's dealing with A LOT of stuff (you know, besides being resurrected from the dead and all that) and, for all he's a hardcore warrior, he's her oasis of calm when things get too chaotic in her head. I sincerely adore when fierce, seemingly stoic warriors show their softer side to their special someone. *heart eyes so hard*

As for Alexis, she's been living a hellish existence of running and watching the people around her die since a routine scouting
Leyns
Sep 11, 2019 rated it liked it

It was a pretty good read but for some reason it didn’t capture me like some of the other books in the series. I struggled to finish it if I’m honest. I just didn’t get invested in the storyline, the characters or the romance. Very unfortunate.
Nike
Sep 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
Don't get me wrong I absolutely loved this book, but i want my unfeeling broken heroes back, where are my general look alike?
Tosin King
Oct 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Pink Lips

Overall an enjoyable read. A lot of action and a strong female lead. I was between and 3/4 star but the description of the black woman with pink lips was too much. It seemed that they just replaced Olive with dark skin then printed the book.
Gail Koger
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this book! It started off with a bang and ended with a happily ever after. What more could you want.
Vintagebooklvr
Aug 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: science-fiction
3 1/2 stars. Nice build of a romance as two very troubled souls forge a connection. There is not insta-love here which I appreciate. Plus, this is very much an action-packed story as well as a romance. You can read it for just that alone. Carven has continued to expand her universe and introduced an interesting new race.

Alexis would not be an easy character to write. She wakes up knowing she's been pulled from a wonderful, peaceful place and that she was dead. Plus, she has a creature in her
JML
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really want a. Kordolian of my own

Anna Carven has become one of my all time favorite Sci-Fi romance authors. Her world building is amazing and her Kordolian warriors are fantastic. They are ruthless, oftentimes cruel and some of the best warriors I've ever read about. What makes them truly special is the sheer reverence, devotion, passion and love these warriors show their chosen mates. It's amazing to watch each story unfold. In this book it is Nythian's turn to be struck with love's sword.
TP
Sep 14, 2019 rated it liked it
I like this authors sci-fi series.
Be aware you should read the previous books of this series, otherwise you will not comprehend the storyline.

The authors books are not perfect, and lack often world building, a more elaborated plot and foremost more interpersonal development.
To watch the process, to feel it with them and not skip half of the work.
The reasons for the protagonists of falling in love are often not substantial. They are not comprehensible and are mostly told than experienced.
It’s
Iso
Sep 09, 2019 rated it liked it
Weak story

I would not recommend this book to anyone. The story was weakly written. The characters were poorly developed and there were things that did not make any sense. Like how did she start to trust him so quickly. Also if she is a detective she must have gone through worst situations or similar situations to almost getting killed by the Koroladian. I had to roll my eye that her getting stab and almost force to give oral was what traumatized her and her partners dying. What about all the
Auburn1975
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
One of my most favorite author has come through again with an equally fantastic story so well written that each chapter in ‘Fractured Soul’ pulls you to quickly to the end. I can’t wait to buy whatever she wants to write next, even though I have “kindle unlimited”, cause rereading her books are so enjoyable and I want her highly motivated. I recommend starting at the first of this series to appreciate fully the depth of passion and violence that Anna Carven characters world revolves within. Are ...more
ManyHatMomma
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Kordolians ROCK!!!

Dark Planet series is one of my very favorites of all times. This is book 3 in the spinoff series Darkstar Mercenaries. I think this is my favorite of this series so far. Nythian finally gets a mate! The complexity and struggles in this book are amazingly written. The writing is strong enough that by the end you feel connected to the characters. I would encourage readers to read the other books in the series first, as the backstory adds SO much to this one, and you might be a
Jenny Brown
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Fulfillment

This was a hard read, not sure if was me or the book itself; maybe it was stoping to get ready for the Hurricane. It wasn't until chapter 26, that I started to see the "Dark Planet Warriors" style I've come to know and love. I did enjoy reading about Nythian and Alexis coming together. The most fulfilling part for me came more in the back story of Nythian's and his past. At this point I think Anna Carven should put a character chart at the back of her books, a la Ruby Dixon style.
Shizua Oliver
Alexis and Nythian are a match only possible in the Dark Universe

Nythian seemed an unlikely romantic hero, but aren’t they all hard to see as lovers, fathers and friends? That’s the reason I love these stories, how the feeling of love opens up a whole new universe for these Kordolians. They make the perfect daddies because they never thought it possible and tender lover and mate because they never saw themselves as such. I want more, so hurry up Anna Carven and give me more Kordolians.
D.S. S Frazer
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
A wonderfully dark escape

I have read many of the dark warrior series but this was new for me with a black female lead character it was refreshing to see her love story. As a woman of colour it is often difficult to find books that depict women who look like me. I especially liked that she was fiercely independent but allowed herself to be vulnerable for her warrior. I was enraptured by their love for each other.
Yashika
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another Fantastic Novel.

I loved this story and had been looking forward to what would happen to Anuk once she left Enki’s body. Alexis was the perfect blend of vulnerability,strength and intellect. I love how Nithian was not in anyway hesitant to show and admit his devotion and his love. Well done, Anna Is becoming on of my favorite 1 click authors. I do hope that she writes novels for the Silent One’s who went dark after the fall of the empire.
Mary
Sep 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ginnie
I loved the warriors

This spin off is fantastic. It picks up where book 2 ends. You still get glimpses of Tarak & Abbey, and a few others. Alexis is understandably confused. Nythian is assigned to watch her. Then the mating fever hits him. But she now has the Tharian inside HER head, and is still afraid. Nythian tries to show her they aren't the 'monsters' she thinks. Very enjoyable read.
Faye Samuels
Sep 16, 2019 rated it liked it
Too slow

Not enough action. For people who love sex, this book is great. Me, I like substance. This book left a lot of mysteries and I guess that is the authors way of getting you to read the next book. I like series, but I like them to be stand alone. It is ok to introduce the next characters, for the next book and leave their story in the air. I initially started reading this book, then got bored and read another book. My instincts were correct. I should have not returned.
Lenna
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Intense

This book started out pretty brutal as we see what happened to the h that made her terrified of Kordolians. But as she heals and learns about the symbiont that brought her back to life in Enki's book, things get a lot better for her. I liked this story even though it was dark. It showed how you can have had things happen to you without becoming bad yourself. It reads best if you are familiar with the series, but I would recommend it.
CJ
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An amazing book! This world filled with harsh Kordolians that soften when they find their mates is a wonderful and sometimes brutal world. Still, as with most things, there must be a balance of hard and soft / brutal and gentle and the author finds that balance well with her big silver warriors. I eagerly await the next in the Darkstar adventure.
Hasana
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So much to consider

Definitely a must read for fans of this series. I was not ready for this installment to end. So looking forward to book four, I am intrigued about the storyline with the Thorians and I love the mating implications for this couple. A great tale is unfolding , I hope and believe
Cathe Simpson
Absolutely loved it

Another excellent book by Anna Carven. Book 3 in the Darkstar Mercenaries Series, Fractured Souls, dosen't disappoint. It continues with the plot expanding leaving the reader wanting more, already looking forward to the next book. Keep up the excellent work Anna, love these Warriors and their new Mates!
Twilla Wickedly Sweet and Synful Book Blog
This had me on the edge of my seat from the start. Love that we have some color in the mates club. Love Tarek and Abbey they were my first love. Nythian and Alexis were made for each other. I would have loved to see Alexis kick more bad buys butt. I love these stories!! The Kordolians be it just the regular guys and the First Division are just the bomb. I love reading their stories.
« previous 1 3 next »

• Defender (Galactic Gladiators: House Of Rone, #2)
  • Nadine's Champion (Icehome, #8)
  • Kiss of Eon (Eon Warriors, #4)
  • Zhadra (Obosian Warriors #1)
  • BRHEX (Obosian Warriors #2)
  • Callie's Catastrophe (Icehome, #9)
  • Xul (Captured by Aliens #1)
  • Bhyr (Alien Warrior #3)
  • Caveman Alien’s Sword (Caveman Aliens, #9)
  • Fire In Her Eyes (Fireblood Dragons, #7)
  • The Alien's Seduction (Warriors of Luxiria, #7)
  • When She's Ready
  • Alien Breeder (Alien Invasion, #3)
  • The New King (Galactic Order, #5)
  • Sentinel (Galactic Gladiators; House Of Rone, #1)
  • Centurion (Galactic Gladiators: House of Rone, #3)
  • Alien Alliance (Alien Invasion, #4)
  • Devolose (Galaxy Gladiators #4)

Darkstar Mercenaries (3 books)
  • Taming Chaos (Darkstar Mercenaries, #1)
  • Shattered Silence (Darkstar Mercenaries #2)