Start by marking “Stories For My Sister” as Want to Read:
Stories For My Sister

Stories For My Sister

purchase at: elizabethduvivier.com It's May 1993. Two sisters, Bea and Mona, are about to spend ten days together under the worst possible circumstances. With seven years between them, as well as a lifetime of hurts and misunderstandings, is it too late for them to become friends?
Paperback

To ask other readers questions about Stories For My Sister, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Stories For My Sister

Start your review of Stories For My Sister
Caroline
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Beautiful story with really lush prose. Characters are well conceived and completely believable. I was sucked into this world and very sad to leave it at the end. I enjoy completely character-driven writing very much and this was absolutely that. Fans of Elena Ferrante and Knaussgard will enjoy this book, as it has the same lyrical style that cycles between memories and the present. I look forward to reading more from this author!
Katie
Oct 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh, what a story! This book had me absolutely captivated. It’s not an easy story, but such an intimate exploration into the lives of two sisters and their mother, and all of the relationships intertwined. I really did not want this book to end and have been struggling with what to pick up next. Duvivier is a gifted storyteller who is able to transport the reader to another place. I loved this reading experience and cannot wait to read whatever she writes next!
Evelyn
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Stories for my Sister is a brilliant book. The prose beautiful, the characters nuanced and complex, and the gradual unfolding of the storylines compelling.
Margi Smith
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
"Stories for My Sister" by Elizabeth Duvivier
This is a story of two sisters, seven years apart and a lifetime of hurts and misunderstandings between them, who spend ten days together under the worst possible circumstances.
I was completely overwhelmed by this writing. So tender and raw and savagely honest. I haven't let go of this book since I got it two days ago. I will remember and re read this again and again. Oh the writing! I am sad I reached the last page moments ago. Thank you
Anne
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: books-i-own
This book is so beautifully written. I found myself really enjoying it although it is not like many books I usually read. I wanted it to last longer, it drew me in with the story.
Corinne
Oct 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
An exquisite exploration of family, secrets and truth held tight. Lyrical prose, an engaging story, and an overall stunning read.
Michelle Kroll
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-books, favorites
As I was listening to the audio book one day I notice that the release date was August 11th. This is also the feast day for St. Clare of Assisi. Even more poignant is that Clare’s name translates to light. Elizabeth Duvivier is that bright light for me. Stories For My Sister is a beautifully written testament to the intricacies of family, the beautiful and messy relationship that is unconditional love. I find Bea is the bright light in this story. My personal journey is not dissimilar to Bea’s, ever on the hu ...more
Page Sargisson
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a good book. I really loved the Bea character and hopes she writes another book about her! It was a little slow for me at first but then I couldn't put it down. Beautifully written. I hope she writes more books.
Michelle Chenard
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was drawn into the lives of the two sisters and was struck by the differences in their experiences and choices. In the end their love for each other was apparent.
Stephanie
Sep 30, 2019
Ashley
Oct 05, 2019
Elizabeth Duvivier
Oct 07, 2019 is currently reading it  ·  (Review from the author)
kortney

• What If It's Us
  • Erotic Stories for Punjabi Widows
  • This Tender Land
  • The Chain
  • A Better Man (Chief Inspector Armand Gamache, #15)
  • The Lager Queen of Minnesota
  • Burnout: The Secret to Unlocking the Stress Cycle
  • Devil's Breath (Max Tudor #6)
  • Homicide in Hardcover (Bibliophile Mystery, #1)
  • Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch
  • The Moosewood Cookbook: Recipes from Moosewood Restaurant, Ithaca, New York
  • Red at the Bone
  • Stories I Only Tell My Friends
  • Save Me the Plums: My Gourmet Memoir
Elizabeth Duvivier is the founder of Squam Art Workshops (squamartworkshops.com). She has been a writer all her life and a teacher since she was 19 years old.

She studied at Swarthmore College, Lawrence University, la Sorbonne (Université de Paris), Bread Loaf and The French School (Middlebury College). Elizabeth has taught English & French Literature, Creative & Expository Writ