Start by marking “Christmas at Frozen Falls: A cosy, heart-warming romcom to curl up with” as Want to Read:
Christmas at Frozen Falls: A cosy, heart-warming romcom to curl up with

Christmas at Frozen Falls: A cosy, heart-warming romcom to curl up with

‘Wow!!...This is a must read, heartwarming Christmas story. I would easily give this book hundreds of stars’ Little Miss Book Lover 87

Sylvie Magnusson is going to be lonely this Christmas. Instead of jetting off for her honeymoon, she’s freezing at home in Cheshire. Guess that’s what happens when your fiancé dumps you a week before your wedding…

Sylvie’s best friend, Nari, plans a trip to see the Northern Lights and get Sylvie’swedding…

Sylvie’s87

Sylviestory.

Published September 4th 2019 by Hera

To ask other readers questions about Christmas at Frozen Falls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Christmas at Frozen Falls

Shalini
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The book was magical. It was amazing how a story set in the freezing cold land of Lapland could produce so much warmth that it brought a glow to my heart. A fun romance which showed me that everything happened at a definite time in this universe, even falling in love. And author Kiley Dunbar has proved it so beautifully with this book.

Sylvie was to marry Cole, he ditched her, a jerk. So the supposed honeymoon trip was with her best friend Nari to Lapland. And romance blossomed with a
Finitha Jose
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Less than hundred days to Christmas and the literary world is already abuzz with Christmas books. So if you are not yet in the festive spirit, this story will be the perfect start. Travel to Finnish Lapland, hug some cute huskies, see the Northern Lights and experience the magic of Christmas along with Sylvie and Nari.
Yes, yes, I know. It is not even winter, but what does it matter to a talented author. Off we go to the winter wonderland, all thanks to the beautiful writing of Kiley Dunba
Rachel Gilbey
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
It's beginning to feel a bit like Christmas or at least Winter, and having read Christmas at Frozen Falls, I just want to pack my bags and spend Christmas this year in Lapland.

Ok in reality its a tiny bit too cold for my liking, so I'll probably spend it in a much warmer destination - but wow who wouldn't want to go husky sledding, take a sleigh ride with real reindeer and generally spend a few days at the place that we all know the real Santa lives!

This really is a bit of Christmas magic, see
Noriko
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: chick-lit, romance
Christmas at Frozen Falls. What an adorable, emotional, and a beautiful read!! This book enchanted me on so many levels, and made me believe in the Christmas magic all over again.

As of the time of my reading this, it's early September. It's still hot. Too hot for my liking to read a Christmas book and I must admit I doubted if this book could really get me in the Christmas spirit despite the heat.

Contrary to my skepticism, not only did this book put me in the Christmas
Nicci
Sep 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Christmas at Frozen Falls is a sweet Christmas read about healing, friendship, and the one who got away.

Initially, I wasn't a fan of this book. It starts off months after the infamous 'dumping before the wedding' and even though I can understand Sylvie being devastated by the loss of the future she thought she'd have, I couldn't understand how she was still so broken when the evil-dumper, Cole, was a complete jackass and his mother sounds like the mother-in-law from the deepest darkest depths o
Javier
Aug 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Do you know those books you read with a smile plastered on your face the whole time? Well, "Christmas at Frozen Falls" is one of them. After being dumped by her fiancé a week before her wedding, Sylvie plans to change her honeymoon destination for a trip to Lapland with her best friend Nari, to the town of Saariselkä, hometown of her first love, Stellan, who broke her heart 15 years before.

I've always wanted to visit Lapland on Christmas, but after reading this book I NEED to go there. Right no
Bibliomedico
Check Out My full Review On Bibliomedico : https://bibliomedico.wordpress.com/20...

First Of All , I must talk about the setting , This Beautiful Novel takes place in a Literally Magical Place , All I’ve been Thinking After reading it , (I Want To go there ) , Like seriously . In my country , the weather is still really hot , So this novel made me remember how amazing Winter could be . 😛

The Novel Is so WEll- researched and You can Notice That By the descriptions and the Things mentioned such as , Customs , Nature …
Anne
Shelves: kindle
I’m always a bit of a pushover for a Christmas read – but I think this might just be the first time I’ve found myself reading one in August. And it wasn’t just “a little bit Christmas” – this was a full-on Christmas experience, set (mostly) in Lapland, complete with decorations, roaring fires, reindeer and huskies, snow and ice and a rather delicious man in a Santa suit. But whoever it was that decided to publish this book so very early, I forgive you completely – this book was just sheer gorgeo ...more
ReadingGirlReviews (Gina)
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Everybody knows I love RomComs, they are one of my guilty pleasures.  Everyone also knows I am a sucker for Christmas novels, they are another one of my guilty pleasures.  Could you imagine my absolute bliss when I saw that Kiley Dunbar was writing a Cozy Christmas Romcom and I had the opportunity to read and review it for a blog tour?   I can't believe you didn't hear me squeal in anticipation!  This is a Hallmark Channel lover's dream come true.

When Sylvie's fiancee cancels their w
booksofallkinds
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
*I voluntarily reviewed this book from Netgalley.

I know for many it is too early to mention the 'C' word but the book on the blog today is more than just a festive story - it is a wonderful depiction of friendship, acceptance of the past, and strength to find happiness when things are not looking so great. Plus there is Christmas magic, beautiful settings, huskies, and hot chocolate to give you all the warm, fuzzy feelings as the evenings begin to get a little darker and chillier. ...more
Elaine
What a lovely, festive read this proved to be - one to read whatever the season when you're looking for a heartwarming romance. It doesn't have a very romantic start as Sylvie Magnusson should be going off on honeymoon over the Christmas period but her fiancé called off the wedding just a week before he was due to put the ring on her finger. Initially she'd decided to make the most of their holiday plans but then can't face the honeymoon suite.

Instead, her best friend Nari manages to
Vikkie Wakeham
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! Oh my goodness, I am so excited by this book. It is magical!
I have loved the plot of this book, Kiley engaged me from the very beginning and really pulled me into story. I honestly didn’t know what to predict might happen because I was so lost.
I love the characters in this book, every girl needs a best friend like Nari. I really felt for Sylvie, every little girl dreams of the day they get married. Kiley has created realistic and likeable characters which has enhanced how wonde
Jena Henry
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Five stars, five fluffy snowflakes, oh, let’s give this enchanting Christmas story 5 Husky puppies! If you spend Christmas at Frozen Falls in Finnish Lapland, I guarantee you will have the best holiday season ever. How can you not enjoy a book that features an igloo with an ice bar, real reindeer, dog sled rides, a Finnish Christmas carol service, and a Finnish sauna?

And to go along with all these festive and wintry wonders, author Kiley Dunbar has given us four special and well-draw
Angie Rose, Nomad
Oct 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
Cute, Christmas contemporary doesn’t completely warm the heart.

3.5 out of 5 stars

I feel like everyone immediately knows some quintessential facts about me: I adore my dogs, I can be a bit loud, and I adore Christmas novels and movies. My dedication to Christmas knows no bounds. Just try changing the Hallmark channel anytime in the month of December. You will be (not so nicely) escorted from my house. Needless to say when I was offered an opportunity to review Christmas at Frozen Fal
Lynn (Ellesea Loves Reading)
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
A heart-warming, second-chance romance with plenty of Christmas cheer.

Sylvie Magnusson finally decides to cancel her honeymoon to Mauritius because it's been six months since her ex-fiancé decided to cancel their wedding after a ten-year engagement. Instead, with her blogger best friend, Nari in tow, the pair head off to Saariselkä to celebrate Christmas, in the frozen Arctic.

Stellan Virtanen never forgot the English girl he met on a university student exchange in Manches
B.R. Maycock
Sep 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
This year Christmas books seem to be entering the mix that bit early. As I usually have a weird ritual whereby I only start talking about/blogging about/ reading Christmas books on October 4th ( I don’t know why the specific date!) the need I had to read this book threw me, but I went with it (albeit praying next year there won’t be Christmas books landing in August!!)
This is the story of Sylvie, who has been jilted in the most horrible way a week before her wedding. Her ex-groom-to-be Col
Ritu Bhathal
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The weather's getting colder out there, and I sat with this book on my Kindle, snuggled up on the sofa all day today, and it wasn't only my heart that was warmed, but the whole of me, as I read.

What a wonderfully upbeat, and truly smile-inducing tale, weaved by Kiley Dunbar!

Sylvie is suffering from the after-effects of a broken engagement, mere days before her wedding.
It's been six months, now and her best friend, Nari, an intrepid traveller and travel blogger convi
Linda
Sep 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
❄ 🌲On the snowy trail of romance-will they succumb?😲
4-4.5 🌟stars
Here is a sweet romance that screams winter holiday, with reindeer-drawn carriage rides, Northern lights, sled dogs, scorching saunas, warming fires, hidden frozen wonderlands and all the trappings of a Finnish Christmas. But at its heart, two young women from Manchester find some appealing men in the Arctic wilds of Finland and need to make big decisions about the direction of their lives once their short holiday ends.
Kelly Thomas
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love a Christmasy rom-com so when I had the chance to join the blog tour for Kiley Dunbar’s Christmas at Frozen Falls, thanks to Rachel’s Random Resources and Hera Books, I jumped at the chance.

This was one of those books that you smiled reading from the very first page. It is such a feel-good, rom-com

Sylvie and best friend Nari jet off to Frozen Falls in a bid to mend Sylvie’s broken heart. Both these characters were wonderful as were each of their love interests, Stellan, Sylvie’s ex and h
Pam Robertson
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This has set the scene nicely for some Christmas reading. It has in fact set the bar pretty high for festive romance. It is such a lovely, escapist read, full of glistening snow, reindeers, sparkling ice caves and for good measure, skies lit up with the aurora borealis. Gorgeous. The beautiful setting is ever present in the story and such a contrast to life back in Sylvie's Cheshire. There is plenty of detail about life in Lapland,and some great touches such as the beautiful carol service which ...more
Tiziana Langone
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Moment of honestly: the only time I like the snow and the cold of winter, is when I can stay on the inside, warm and cosy.
Never ever ask me to go for a walk in the snow, because my answer will be: ‘Are you totally insane???’

But this doesn’t mean I cannot enjoy a Christmas story taking place in the snow. My fictional self will enjoy the snow and likes long walks in the snow.
So while my fictional self was walking along with Sylvie and Stellan, I was enjoying the warmth of t
Christine Galletly
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it

I thought that this story was good and it would be a lovely Christmas read!

The story had some lovely well developed characters an I liked getting to know them.

The pace was good overall but I did find that it was a little bit of slog to get to the actual story as there was quite a bit of build up and for me that did really detract from the plot at the start but I am really glad that I carried on reading as I thought that overall the story was really good.

It is th
Hannah Heartss
Sep 07, 2019 rated it liked it
Emma
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I had read the previous book by this Author, and loved it.
I was delighted to be offered the opportunity to read an ARC from Netgalley and the Publisher in return for an honest review.
I loved the characters in this book, and as for the location, wow, Christmas in Lapland you can't get any more festive than that. I have always wanted to see the Northen Lights, and now I want to visit Finland to see them even more.
Everything about this book is so festive. It is the perfect Christm
Roberta
Aug 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
I loved the cover of this book immediately. It conjures up a cozy Christmas snuggling up in the warmth, looking at the cold beauty outside. And the book totally delivers.

This story was so easy to read, and so much fun. Two romances in a magical place at Christmas. Snow, aurora, dogs, reindeer, friendship, romance. What more could we ask for.

I’d definitely recommend this book to anyone looking for a light hearted, Christmassy escape.

I was given a free copy of t
K is for Cathy
Oct 03, 2019 rated it liked it
Enjoyable book, my first time reading Kiley Dunbar. Christmas in Lapland. That is Finland for the geographically challenged. Chilling outside but warm inside. Descriptions of the scenery is delightful. I did get chills thinking about the temperature. The stars, snow, dogs kept me reading. . Nice story about learning you can live your dreams not those handed to you and expected. It is a bit slow in parts, but on the whole a book I would recommend.
Clare Moore
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thanks to netgalley for the chance to read this book.

What a great book, set in Lapland (makes me want to spend Christmas there).

Sylvie was ditched by her husband to be and should be jetting of on her honeymoon. Instead her and her best friend Nari book a trip to lapland, choosing the town where her first love was from (he was on an exchange trip when they met at uni).

What happens when she meets Stellan again?
Clara Sweeney
Sep 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first time I read a book by this author and I must say I really enjoyed it! It is such a gorgeous setting for a story and it just makes you feel very festive. This is not just your average run of the mill Christmas book yes there is humour but there is also some very emotional parts that are just fab!
sarah kate jones
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Perfect for pre Christmas reading

This is my first Christmas book of 2019, it didn't disappoint, perfect characters and a more than perfect backdrop of Lapland, a place I am dying to see, a sweet and festive book, perfect for fans of happy ending a husky puppies.