Start by marking “O mundo é mágico” as Want to Read:
O mundo é mágico

O mundo é mágico (Calvin and Hobbes #11)

4.75  ·  Rating details ·  23,438 Ratings  ·  264 Reviews
Começando com o álbum inédito "O Mundo é Mágico - As Aventuras de Calvin & Haroldo", a Conrad começa a publicação completa das histórias de Calvin e Haroldo no Brasil. Criada em 1985, a tirinha foi publicada diariamente, durante dez anos, em mais de 2.400 jornais ao redor do mundo. Os álbuns publicados por Bill Waterson, criador da dupla, venderam mais de 30 milhões de ...more
Published 2007 by Conrad (first published September 1st 1996)

Steinar Sigurdsson
Calvin: "I read this library book you got me"
Calvin's Mom: "What did you think of it?"
Calvin: "It really made me see things differently. It's given me a lot to think about"
Calvin's Mom: "I'm glad you enjoyed it"
Calvin: "It's complicating my life. Don't get me any more"
Pooja
Jul 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks
This series starts with Calvin laughing and cheerful that he's finally free from prison that is school in our language, just to find out that someone is following him.

Who is none other than Susie and that moment we know that we should get ready for some grossiness of Get-Rid-Of-Slimy-girlS (G.R.O.S.S.)!!

Calvin goes on getting at the nerves of Susie, and Hobbes and he fights a lot, which is way too funny :D

I always love it when they argue.
When they do homework together and read comics.

Thinking of
Charlie
May 15, 2007 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Calvin and Hobbes was so important to me when I was younger, and still is important. It really is in its own little catergory. It breaks my heart that Watterson left after this book... but in an understanding way. It is so rare that someone knows how to retire while they are at their peak and let their art stand on its own.

I have this last strip in this book pinned up on my wall at work... to remind me as I came here and started over, that it's a magical world out there.
Anna
Jun 23, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
IS THERE ANYONE IN THE WORLD WHO HAS READ C&H AND DOES NOT LOVE LOVE LOVE IT? IF SO I WILL FIGHT YOU

UGGGHHH I'm about to vomit with love.
Greg
Yet another among the books published by Bill Watterson from the Calvin and Hobbes comic strip that I have enjoyed. This one is from the beginning of the C&H comic strip, and I own a framed print of that first strip. When Calvin tells Hobbes, "It's a magical world...lets go exploring,", it speaks powerfully to me on several levels. That print hangs in my office, and has become a reminder to me of the importance of discovering what I don't yet know, of the need to ask important questions and ...more
Leigh
"Calvin, it's okay. It's okay! Trust me!"
"TRUST YOU?? I HARDLY EVEN KNOW YOU!!!"
"WHAT? I'm your father!"
"You've only known me six years! Come back when i'm forty, THEN we'll talk about trust!"

... In. Hysterics.
Sean Chick
Dec 20, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
The final volume of Calvin and Hobbes might just be the very best. The flights of fantasy are far fewer here, which is usually something I do not care for. I always wanted more of Spiff and Tracer. That is because Watterson's mundane stories often had a slice of life sentimentality that I found wanting. There is little of that here. Hobbes is a far more adversarial figure in the strip in general than it is given credit for and in particular here. The slice of life is more about making a point. W ...more
Dan  Logue
Feb 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
While I have a great appreciation for what Gary Larson accomplished comedically in a singular panel, Calvin and Hobbes is far and away the greatest traditional (we will leave Marvel and Dc out of this) comic ever created. C & H reminds me distinctly of the Simpsons(seasons 3-10, all other seasons are an embarrassment to the franchise and FOX should issue a formal apology)-it could be enjoyed equally on different levels and that enjoyment consistently evolved over time. My father and I, when ...more
Kathy Worrell  ツ
Sep 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: childrens, humor
I bought three new Calvin and Hobbes books to complete my collection.

I believe that Bill Waterson has written the most ingenious comic strip of all times.

The expressions of his characters in his illustrations are exemplary.
Laurie
Mar 28, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was about 12 when the "It's a magical world" strip ran in my local paper. I cut it out and glued it in my scrapbook and then cried. That said, I have learned more interesting vocabulary from Calvin and Hobbes than I think I have from most of my other favorite authors combined.
Carmen
Jul 19, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is as wonderful and apropos of everything as it was the other times I read it years ago.
Matthew Huff
Jul 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I enjoy returning to C&H periodically to revisit a beloved part of my childhood -- identifying with Calvin's untamed boyhood. Now as an adult, I not only find his wry and incisive comedy all too true but also consider the mom and dad in the comic quite more relatable than I had when I read them as a child. In my mind nothing beats this one. Peanuts is the great classic, but I think C&H is the best of its kind.
Ron Bailey
Mar 22, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
"...let's go exploring!"

This strip will never get old.
Sebastian E.
May 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hi I read this book  because I've read other books from this series and they were really funny and that is also the reason why I gave this book 5 stars. My favorite character is Calvin becuase he's always saying doing stuff and doing stuff that's very funny but usually gets him in trouble. My favorite comic strip is when Calvin says he's a man of many words but his stuffed tiger who Calvin thinks can talk, Hobbes says something very funny and kept me laughing but you have to read the book to fin ...more
Ward Jaeger
Aug 12, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
That was the last Calvin and Hobbes?!?!
I am a child of the new century, and I never saw Calvin and Hobbes in the newspaper. I wish I could have, though. My grandfather introduced me to Calvin and Hobbes, and I loved it. I have four books sitting on my dresser in my room that get read every night. It inspired me to write my own comic, although it doesn't even compare to Bill Waterson's. I wish he could teach me how to draw a comic so Calvin and Hobbes won't become lost in the rush of our now tech
Paul
Feb 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Why is it that whenever I'm feeling a little low, all I have to do is pull one of the Calvin & Hobbes books from the shelf and give it a good re-read to perk me up. I've many other "funny-books", but these are the ones that bring me most joy.
Then, a little after I am done, I start re-realizing that Watterson will probably never do any more, then I get sad again.
I'm very grateful for what I have... and I'll re-read them as many times as I need... I just wish there were more.
OK, now I'm feelin
Huma Rashid
Mar 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love anything Bill Watterson pulls out. His jabs at capitalism always make me step back and examine my life and resolve to live it better. Thanks, Bill. Thank you for Hobbes. Thank you for making Calvin's dad an attorney so I have someone to relate to in this strip. Thank you for making a comic that inspired "Fight Club" as basically a When-They're-Older adaptation. So wonderful. There will never be another comic strip like Calvin and Hobbes.
Denae Christine
Calvin is like Peter Pan, the little boy immune to growing up, and his childish wisdom is (usually) better than the philosphies of educated adults.
Hobbes is amazing.
Calvin's ego and undeterred self-assurance and overall optimism are things we can all learn from, though not to quite the extreme he sometimes takes them!
Kasen
Jan 02, 2010 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
I read it the other day and have to say it was full of a whole bunch of comics that were hilarious!! I'm suprised that there were some I haven't read yet, and I've read almost every calvin and hobbes book and I now own every one so far, that I know of. It was really funny and I'm probably going to read it again because some of them I didn't read all of it.
Ben Brackett
May 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At first a little slow, but quickly recaptures that magic that clearly put this as a transcendental piece of art that represents not just the best of serial comic strips but storytelling and entertainment across any medium as a whole. The last C&H comic always makes me cry.
Lia
May 25, 2010 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor
My review for all Calvin and Hobbes books is this:

When you need to relax and laugh, this is a great place to go. Watterson is insightful, hilarious, and very, very funny. Highly recommended.

I grew up on C&H, and I'm very glad I did.
Mark Baker
Aug 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015
The final collection of Calvin and Hobbes send our heroes off in style. Even 20 years later, the jokes are still fun and funny.

Read my full review at Carstairs Considers.
Dan
Aug 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Calvin and Hobbes books are great fun and really witty humor! A childhood staple comic book for me, but even now I go back and read them and understand the humor on a different level (now that I know the meanings of some of the words!). Great books.
Hazel
Aug 04, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I absolutely love Calvin and Hobbes. This is one of the best comic strips ever written. Calvin and Hobbes will make you laugh every time.
Dina
May 13, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: comics, to-review
I just LOVE Calvin and can't get enough of him! And everytime I (re)read one of his comic strips, I thank the gods I'm not his mother, LOL!
Daniel
Feb 09, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: graphic-novels
It's a magical world, Hobbes, 'ol buddy... let's go exploring.

Tolko lepih misli u ovim knjigama o tipipicnom sestogodisnjaku, prosto neverovatno.
Kirby
Feb 03, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it, and believe it or not, i teared when i realised i was reading the last ever strip.
Marc Pastor
Mar 27, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Quan sigui petit, jo vull ser Calvin.
Mary Taitt
Feb 20, 2009 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: humor-cartoon
I love Calvin and Hobbs, I just laugh and laugh. It's funny and intelligent.
Jex
May 16, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book makes me laugh and laugh again. Calvin and Hobbes is one of the best collections of comics ever, in my opinion. The stories are funny, the plot is simple, and a kid who's ahead of his time.
My favorite comic is the one where Calvin walks up to the school bully and says, "Are your Maladjusted Antisocial Tenancies a result of your Berserk Pituitary Gland?" and the bully just sits there and wonders what he just said! I would recommend this book to readers of all ages! It's relatable for th
who are you from the justice league? 1 6 Jun 05, 2015 04:16PM
Calvin and Hobbes: Bittersweet ending 4 240 Jun 02, 2014 09:08PM
Bittersweet ending 12 63 Jan 08, 2014 11:54AM
  • Wiener Dog Art: A Far Side Collection
  • FoxTrot Beyond a Doubt
  • Billy and the Boingers: Bootleg
Bill Watterson (born William Boyd Watterson II) is an American cartoonist, and the author of the comic strip "Calvin and Hobbes". His career as a syndicated cartoonist ran from 1985 to 1995; he stopped drawing "Calvin and Hobbes" at the end of 1995 with a short statement to newspaper editors and his fans that he felt he had achieved all he could in the comic strip medium. During the early years of ...more
More about Bill Watterson...

Calvin and Hobbes (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Calvin and Hobbes
  • Attack of the Deranged Mutant Killer Monster Snow Goons
  • The Days Are Just Packed: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection
  • Homicidal Psycho Jungle Cat: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection
  • There's Treasure Everywhere: A Calvin and Hobbes Collection

“I hate to think that all my current experiences will someday become stories with no point.” 423 likes
“Wow, it really snowed last night! Isn't it wonderful? Everything familiar has disappeared! The world looks brand new!
A new year ... a fresh, clean start! It's like having a big white sheet of paper to draw on! A day full of possibilities! It's a magical world, Hobbes, ol' buddy ... let's go exploring!”
421 likes