Start by marking “InkSpelled (InkHaven Academy, #1)” as Want to Read:
InkSpelled (InkHaven Academy, #1)

InkSpelled

(InkHaven Academy #1)

By the end of the day, I’ll be dead.

Every person in the City of Crimson has the date of their death Inked onto their skin. On that day, an Assassin of the Order of Zeevar comes to sacrifice our lives to the God of Resurrection. Children who survive are given the highest honor in the city - the opportunity to serve Zeevar and the Order themselves as one of the five Mages.

Published September 8th 2019

To ask other readers questions about InkSpelled, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about InkSpelled

Start your review of InkSpelled (InkHaven Academy, #1)
Gaby★Me Myshelf and I★
I made it to 20% before giving up.

Wonderful ideas. Terribly executed.

I had no idea what was going on and didn’t feel like the world was explained at all. More importantly it didn’t make me want to understand.

Worth a try but sorry not for me.
Poplora
Sep 15, 2019 marked it as did-not-finish
I. am so confused. I have no idea what is going on in this book or any of the mechanics in this universe. I kept reading more and more hoping for an explanation but.

Nope. lmfao. I feel like it has potential, the idea is cool, but I also feel like i'm missing 90% of the information to actually be able to appreciate what's happening.

To me there's giant plot holes that I still don't understand. (view spoiler)
Katie Hoffman
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy hotness that was a great story!!! I'll admit I was a little confused on the whole air thing and rebirth thing at first. I still think she is more then meets the eyes. Her men sound Amazing. First book I have read from this author and I seriously cannot wait to read book 2. Storyline is awesome. Definitely a must read. Counting down till next book.
Jenn
Sep 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
And now for something completely different.

Fresh and interesting story. While it is similar to other paranormal RH books out there I liked the different world that the story described. Part old world, part modern and part completely different. Stupid hot sexy times with a large M/M component. I have to say I was bummed about Vali. Hope we see him again.
Aurialis
Oct 13, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: abondaned
It is society's greatest failure when misogyny and male chauvinism run rampant in reverse harem fantasy novel!

There are only six women supposed to be going at the academy. One is a heroine, who is a weak willed, insecure little girl with a pessimistic and defeatist attitude. The second one is a classic cliche roommate whose sole purpose is to embody peer pressure - drag the heroine to party, encourage her to date, dress her up, participate in 'boy talk' etc. All the other are mean 'sl*ts' and
isharreads
Sep 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: finished
"Yes, definitely.", with a decisive nod I determined my days fate.
The storyline was just breathtakingly beautiful. The twist and turns of the story had me hanging on my seat from start to finish, Kaia had me rooting for her and her men was just a pure delight to the senses. The idea of waking up after my supposed rebirth never sounded so alluring. Looking forward to the authors' other works!

*PS I knew I shouldn't have read that excerpt. Now, I'm lamenting whether to crystallize my brain for the
Kelly Stepp
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
An interesting and sexually charged academy experience! The intimate scenes were written really well, included a variety of groupings, and the connection between characters shines through. I adore Lottie and her additions to the story too. The story definitely focuses on the romance and harem aspects, leaving the storyline a little shallow and underdeveloped. The author has created a very unique world, but leaves the reader with conflicting actions and several unanswered questions. While I’d ...more
Robyn Krozser
Sep 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed the pacing of this book. It gave you insights into every day life but also didn't go through every single day. Same thing with the fun sexy times. There definitely was scenes that were hot AF but it didn't continuously give you a new scene for every occurrence. Just when something new was introduced. It kept things interesting. The story its self was very interesting. Can't wait to find out how things work out in book 2! ...more
Booknerd00
Sep 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Fast and fun

This book is fun and to the point. It moves quickly with lots of steamy time. I found myself laughing and getting frustrated right along with the characters. I'm excited that the next book comes out in less than a month. If your looking for sexy emotional rollercoaster this is definitely the book for you. Happy reading Y'all
Ashley Donajkowski
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely Amazing Read!! This book has it all! I was completely blown away. Hot guys, way hotter sex scenes. An MFC who is a little broken but strong by the end thanks to her entourage. Plus and this is the selling point ... No Cliffhanger!!! At least not a male you cry and wail for days one lol. I am so excited to read the next one. Amazing job ladys!!!
Nikki Elvert
Sep 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Can't wait for the next one!!

I didn't think this book would be as good as it is. The h wasn't that great in the beginning, and I was about to give up on it. I'm glad I hung in there because it ended up being great! The character development was amazing, and I loved the guys. I'm anxiously waiting for the next book!
Leanne Stuart
Sep 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a fantastic book!! I loved entering this new literary world!! I loved the FMC Kaia she’s tough and resilient and going on her journey with her! Her guys are fabulous and I can’t wait to see the relationship grow and see where it leads! The book never let up and I can’t wait for the next book!’
Joy Jacobs
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A Must Read

This was an absolutely fabulous book. I really enjoyed the characters and the world building was phenomenal. I ended up reading it in one sitting. Looking forward to reading the next book.
Danielle
Sep 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Sunday Surprise

Didn't quite know what I was getting into but I enjoyed it. Well written and entertaining! Enjoyed the group dynamics and lived that issues between them were handled (eventually) with communication!
Anthea Goodman
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Absolutely amazing!

Oh my gosh, such an incredible book! I don't normally leave reviews, but really felt I had to this time. I really enjoyed reading this book and can't wait for the next installment. The story was engaging and sticked me right in, it was original, well thought out and well written too. Kaia, the main character was brilliantly portrayed. Not stupid, ditsy or clumsy - traits that a lot of authors seem to use at the moment, which annoy the hell out of me. She was refreshing and
Shannon
Sep 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great read

Loved this book. It was a bit slow for the first few chapters but pick up quickly and then I couldn’t put it down. It does have lots of steam and m/m and group dynamics so if that’s not your thing do t read it. I loved it and can’t wait for more.
Jessica Whiteside
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Amazing Debut

What an amazing debut by Kenna Bardot. Ink Haven Academy is a unique gem in the Dark High School Bully Romance genre. The men are hot, alpha...and not the bullies you are expecting; there are other for that. Kai as an FMC is almost perfect...She’s vulnerable and a little lost, which for her situation is to be expected - the “life” she was expected was made to topsy turvy. But, she digs and does the work and takes every single hit with amazing grace. I am quite curious to see how she
Madison Dillon
Nov 11, 2019 rated it liked it
Interesting

This book was an interesting take on a supernatural academy. I only wish it had been more clear on a few points. Such as:
+The name of their world, it’s hinted at, but not expressly written.
+Why the elemental mages do not have technology in their strange pocket of reality.
+How their society works as a whole. Including the mages, their deity, and the civilians.
+How sacrifice, death, or being granted to serve as a mage is determined from person to person. Do they have multiple “death
Ex Libris
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
InkSpelled – InkHaven Academy Book 1 – Bardot & Madigan

This first book in a duet started off a little slowly, and the writing seemed a little disjointed at times, but then the authors clearly hit their flow and the magic began to happen!

Our FMC, Kaia seems lost and alone in the first half of this book, with not much going her way when she’s thrown into the InkHaven Academy by some freakish accident where she has missed her ‘rebirth’ and was meant to move on to the next life. She is instead
HilZie
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
A unique RH romance

This is almost a 4 stars for me. I really liked the unique world-building and take on the afterlife that this author has for this story. It's whimsical and somewhat mysterious at the same time.
What if you knew when you were going to die and everyone around did too?? Because they knew you weren't going to be around long-term, your life experiences were limited and stunted. You were forced to live a life half lived. I always thought that if I was in that situation, I would
Mary
This book was not without its issues. But, I still enjoyed it and couldn't put it down. However, it did take a few chapters of WTF to get there. Some of the sex scenes were a little detached for me. There were some scenes that were skipped over or were mentioned in retrospect that disappointed me. Like when she mentioned being punished by Ronan. I also felt like the relationships were abrupt in how they began. It went from GRRRR... Kaia BAD! to kissing/sex to I love you in a blink. And there was ...more
Birdie O
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
New world, but feels familiar

The mythos in this story is complex and amazing. The world is familiar, but the history and beliefs are obviously not. Makes it easier to accept what we know and ignore what we don't as readers. The characters have a depth that makes then come alive. I'm interested to see if Vali ever gets his head out of his rear. Also, I don't imagine the headmaster having a hard on for Kaia's demise will change. I love that their relationship is tested by things and not just
Lawanda Gail
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Reverse Harem Paranormal Fast burn

This book was one you needed to pay attention to. People were assigned a time to die. kai's time was up, but something happened and she didn't. She was sent to Inkhaven academy. I wish she would of had a little backbone. Her damsel in distress got tedious at times. This book has great potential. I feel the authors tried to put to much into the storyline ; leaving me confused . Why didn't Kai die?Who blocked her power? Who are the Gods everyone worships? Why did
Cryst Smith
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was ok
I'm indecisive on my opinion.

The main Male characters didnt really have a flow or much individuality. If your writing about multiple men each man needs to being something to the table and they really didnt. One name could have substituted for the other three with out a problem. That and the lack of one on one sex. Not every scene needs to be an orgie. Some of the intimacy that would occur with one on one time was missing so it felt like the female character could disappear and it wouldn't alter
Louise
Sep 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Shelves: gave-up-on
Kim Latham
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Different

I found this book randomly while searching #WhyChoose. I was excited to read something different from what I have read while still staying eith a genre I have grown to adore. I have never read anything by these authors but I know I will in the future. Kiai is a winderful fierce and stubborn MC that grew on me throughout the book. I love her guys though there were times, that I wanted to strangle them. I am looking forward to seeing this story progress.

This is an RH and you will se MM
Holly
Nov 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Uhmmm.. I liked this, but also there wasn't much explanation about the culture itself. Just threw you in and expected you to catch on. It wasn't hard to do, but it did out me out a bit as I was like.. wait what are they referencing?
I have got the next book but I've not really got the motivation to read it, so I suppose that speaks enough that it was alright but not sure I want to pursue the series. The characters themselves were alright, nothing to shout about. So good but average.
Kristin
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it
Hot

Multiple povs and steamy M&M scenes galore! Kaira finds herself at a school where she is not sure she belongs. She is pretty naive and insecure in the beginning but becomes stronger. Ronan and Alec start off as buttholes but they grow on you and Ronan becomes this alpha protector. some forbidden relationship as well... Good read. The world building is a little scattered and not completely sure about the whole faith but it makes enough sense to understand the plot.
BookFiend
Oct 05, 2019 rated it did not like it
Huge gaping plot holes that completely unravel the story accompanied by convenient plot twists that make no sense. I have no idea who the inked are, why this is Such A Big Deal, and, most importantly, why they couldn't just try again that night if they can supposedly kill her any other day. Also, (view spoiler) Will not continue.
Sandi Devlin
Oct 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So good

I really enjoyed this book. I loved the world building and the characters.

I loved Kaia she grew so much during this book. Her guys were so different from each other but fit so well together. I loved their relationship.

So excited for the next book and to read more from these authors!
« previous 1 3 next »
Goodreads Librari...: Editing Details 8 21 Aug 14, 2019 04:33PM

• Faeling for Them (Eight Wings Academy #1)
  • The Bloodwood Academy Shifter: Semester One (The Bloodwood Academy #1)
  • Untamed Magic (Academy of the Elites, #1)
  • The Bloodwood Academy Shifter: Semester Two (The Bloodwood Academy, #2)
  • Dearly Departed (Afterworld Academy #1)
  • Witch, Please (Not Your Basic Witch #1)
  • Unleashing Trials: Year 1 (Academy of Sorcery #1)
  • Spells of Iron and Bone (Tarot Academy, #1)
  • Descendant of Chaos (Descendants #1)
  • Reborn in Flames
  • Monsters (Prodigium Academy #1)
  • Faeling Hard (Eight Wings Academy #2)
  • First Howling (The Lycan Academy #1)
  • Call of the Siren (Obsidian Cove Supernatural Academy #1)
  • Hunted (Feral Souls Trilogy, #1)
  • The New Girl (Shifter Academy: United, #1)
  • A Torn Paige (Hidden Kingdom Trilogy #1)
  • Fire and Brimstone (Fortuna Academy, #1)

InkHaven Academy (2 books)
  • InkBorn (InkHaven Academy, #2)