Start by marking “Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency #1)” as Want to Read:
Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency #1)

Kept in the Dark

(Locke and Keyes Agency #1)

Former Army Ranger turned government assassin Álvaro Montero and CIA Officer Caiden Cardosa crossed paths two years ago in Vienna, where their encounter ended less than amicably—despite the explosive sexual chemistry between them.

Now Caiden is riding a desk at Langley after his cover is blown. And Álvaro—who was “killed”—has a new identity and purpose as Delta/D, an oper
Published August 20th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Kept in the Dark, please sign up.
Angela Goodrich The ebook is only available on Amazon right now. When an independently published author enrolls their book(s) in KindleUnlimited, they're locked into…moreThe ebook is only available on Amazon right now. When an independently published author enrolls their book(s) in KindleUnlimited, they're locked into an exclusivity deal with Amazon for a minimum of 90 days. (less)

Wendy

I am a huge fan of anything "alpha" man related. Which is why I have a great love for cops, FBI agents, secret agents, military men and so forth ;) Now when those men also decide to get down and dirty with each other.... My day is made :P

[crop output image]

So you can guess, that this book ...or I should say this whole series...is right up my alley. D and Caiden were absolutely awesome (read HOT) together.

The banter back and forth was delicious, as were the sexy times. That said, I could have done with a bit slowe
Cadiva
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book is an absolute riot from start to finish packed with just what I like to read in my romantic suspense stories.

It has two distinct and likeable MCs, a good tight-paced plot, lots of humour, great side characters you want to know more about, the element of mystery which drives a series and explosive chemistry between Caiden and D.

The ultimate villain of the piece was, for me anyway, I think a little bit obvious once a particular comment was made, but even so, the narrative still drives a
~Volha~
An awesome beginning for new series! The suspense is edgy, the humor is hilarious, the men are s*exy, the heat level is hot HOT! Ms Cochet never disappoints! This story features two men who had to give up their lives after a terrible betrayal, and two years later still search for answers. But what happens when the truth is out in the open? Does it feel good to know or does it fill them with regret?

Álvaro Montero is dead or as dead as everyone but select few know. After a hit that should have end
Joyfully Jay
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Kept in the Dark is the first book in Charlie Cochet’s new Locke and Keyes Agency series, and things are off to a wonderful start. I was drawn in right away by the interesting set up and two really engaging characters in D and Caiden. We get a great enemies to lovers vibe right from the start as the men are at odds, but forced to work together if they have any hope of finding out who betrayed them. It is clear that the chemistry between the men is strong, even as
haletostilinski
I absolutely loved this. I love diving into new Cochet books, they're always so so good.

This is a fun, entertaining new series about a group of men who have died (but were resuscitated like D) or almost died and thus are believed to be dead by the known world, but who this mysterious Alpha takes in to work for them taking down corrupt people, and murderers and rapists and any other kind of bad guy you can think of.

No one knows who Alpha is (and I'm super curious about who it is, and wonder if w
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: lbr, ebook, mm

4.5 stars - A new Charlie Cochet series!! Count me in. This series starter turned out to have all of the elements I have come to love from Charlie and her colorful cast of hotties. Here, we have a very specialized black ops group operating under the guys of the Locke and Keyes Agency, run by Alpha Orion. The members all have code names that correspond to constellations/astronomy – Delta, Epsilon, etc. and each are very unique and bring their own set of special skills. Little is known by anyone a
Aki | nose buried in books | ❤️ |
I didn't love it as much as others books by this author, but I still liked it a lot! (3.5 stars rounded up!)
A new series? I am thrilled!!
Can't wait for book 2! 😊
Elsbeth

*2.5 stars*

This book and me didn't click. It took me forever to finish. That's never a good sign.

*bummer
Lelyana

Kept in the Dark is the book I was looking for after missing Ty and Zane, this was like another universe of Ty and Zane, my two most favorite characters in my MM read.
D and Caiden were actually 'enemy' to lovers giving their 'hook-up' story two years ago.
This book was romance with action as a spice. Actually, I didn't really mind about the action, it was just the right portion.

The romance between D and Caiden moving really fast, from enemy to lovers. If you're not a fan of love at first 'fight'
Sanaa
Aug 21, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.

Kept in the Dark started off with a bang and I was hooked! Loved every second of this novel to the point where I couldn't stop reading until I pretty much finished.

I love a good enemies to lovers romance and this was done good here. I loved the relationship between D and Caiden. The angst. The chemistry. It was all there and you could feel it. I also loved the action that came along with it. It made the story work really well together until the very last page.

I feel like I know who
UltraMeital
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Stars

This one was engaging right from the start and kept on going! Most of the book wasn't "action packed" though both MCs were working the case but near the end - all hell broke loose! As this was the first book in this new series there's a bit of introduction about the agency and the work they are doing. I liked that it wasn't overwhelming. We got what we needed, there's still a "taste" for the next ones with also a nice glimpse to the other characters to be coupled in the next books! Can'
Achim
3.5
A fun ride full of snark and banter with 2 guys who can't believe at love at first sight or let reality get in the way. Yes there was also a story where Charlie was dubbed Alpha and his angels were named after the stars of the Orion sign, where D got to wear skin tight handyman cloth and Caiden tailored suits, where valuable data is stored on a flash drive and a spy has to do what a spy has to do - everything one needs for a some action and some sexy times but most of all to keep the Caiden &
Jovan
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
2.5

This one just didn't work for me. Cochet is a great writer and comedy and sexy fun times are her bread and butter, so the book isn't bad but to me, the MCs just felt a bit like mash-ups of her tried-and true hits. Government assassins/lawmen with hearts of gold who are funny/sassy and oh so hot. And I guess this series is going for straight up fun/suspension of disbelief b/c their actions before the big reveal...just wow. I guess I wasn't expecting it to go full on soap opera off the rails c
Kelly
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: thriller, lgbtqa
Arc provided courtesy of LesCourt
All reviews are voluntary and my honest opinion.

Remaining true to form, Charlie Cochet's new book is a fun action adventure romp. D is a dead man, figuratively. A few years ago there was an assassination attempt, and his old identity has been completely discarded. He now works as a Hitman for an elite group, assassinating murderers and criminals.

He finds himself reunited with Caiden, a CIA agent and one night flame. They have to work together to stop a rogue gov
Santy
Lightning paced and filled with interesting characters and banter for dayssss, I thoroughly enjoyed this book!

It wasn’t perfect with some frankly unbelievable scenarios but I went along with them because they were badass!

Also,The loving and “forever promises” were quite fast in coming as well but I didn’t mind them because I luuurved everything about the MCs(even though D frustrated me at certain points), and wanted them to get their HEA.

The other members of the squad, though a bit hastily intr
Jennifer  Ali
Argh I really thought this would be right up my street!

It just seemed so unrealistic - which yaknow, it is a fiction and a CIA novel so I should expect that, but after what seems like 1 week together the I love you’s were flying...

For me there was Zero chemistry - or at least zero build up, it was weird it was like they both had all the chemistry build up in their heads but the reader doesn’t get to see any of it on page until they’re together. The build up is the best part!
Caz
Aug 24, 2019 rated it really liked it

A fun romp feauring a CIA agent relegated to a desk job and a former government assassin supposed dead but who is actualyl alive and well and working for the mysterious Locke and Keyes black ops agency. The two had met briefly and hooked up two years earlier - and Caiden was furious when he came back from the bathroom to find the other man had quietly disappeared. Following that, everything else went to shit when he was picked up by the police, his cover was blown and he was quickly ret
Calila
*A copy was provided by the author for free in exchange for an honest review*

I have to be honest, this was not my favorite I've read from this author. I never really connected to the couple or the mystery. It got better once the pieces started falling into place and I actually started to care about who did what and if they'd get together for sure by the end. I'm not sure why I didn't connect, I should've, typically this is right up my alley. But something didn't click for most of book.
Bo
Aug 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Three-and-a-Half Stars

This could have been a five-star trip for me but several things got in the way.

First, both MC's Alvaro Montero (on the cover) and Caiden (who should have also been on the cover), have the personalities to have been portrayed with more detail about their respective backgrounds and emotions. Instead, they come across as insatiable gay men who have spent, and continue to spend, their off-hours (and sometimes work hours) in hookups all over the world.

How they evolved from nati
Xanthe
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic! So much fun to read with everything great that fans have come to get from a Charlie Cochet novel - interesting story line, action, drama, great character interaction and relationships.
Caiden and D have met previously but a lot has happened since then. Caiden was outed from his undercover job,accused and cleared of being a terrorist and now riding a desk at Langley. D was basically killed and now has a new identity and works for Locke and Keyes Agency under Alpha.
It's very unexpected
Diane Dannenfeldt
An awesome start to a new series by the talented Charlie Cochet. We have the story of a former government assassin Álvaro Montero, who is now know as D (for Delta) who was killed on a mission. When he was saved & came out of his medically induced coma, he is recruited by Alpha Orion, a company that appears to do good. Okay, I have to just jump out & say I have an idea who Alpha is & if I am right then that would be so cool. There isn't any one thing that makes me think this just a gu ...more
DeltaMK
Aug 28, 2019 rated it did not like it
Wow I never thought I would ever say that but... I didn’t like that book.

Mrs. Cochet is one of my absolute favorite authors out there but this time her usual spell kinda missed me :/

My main problem was that I couldn’t connect with either of the main characters both on their own as well as together. I think Charlie lost me with D when he had that very explicitly written threesome scene at the beginning. Sometimes it works and is okay in a story but sometimes it just doesn’t, like here. And Caide
Bev
3.5 stars rounded up. Insta-love is not one of my fave tropes in this genre...yes, it does sometimes happen in RL, and I know we're talking about fiction here, but to me, this series seems to be a weaker cocktail of THIRDS and Four Kings Security blended together. In other words, we've seen...and read...it all before 😕. I can only think that Charlie is treading water with her work until the new TIN series comes along next year. Predictable and uninspiring, sorry.
Steph
Aug 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love Charlie Cochet!

Honestly, this book has everything I ever look for in a story.
Tons of laugh out loud moments, fantastic characters, a hot and steamy romance and a great storyline to boot. I just loved every minute of Kept in the Dark.

I really can’t wait to read the next book in the series 😍

‘He pulled back, smiling at D’s wide eyes. “I love you.”
“What?” D wrapped his hands around Caiden’s wrists, Caiden’s hands still cupping D’s face. “I love you. You might not be ready to hear it, bu
LauraSt
Be prepared to laugh

Snark! So much snack and fun! D and Cade are just perfect for one another, although I do wish we could have gotten some more deep interactions to further the path to love between these two, but the action, sass, sexy times, and the team more than made up for it! Can’t wait for Si’s book! And also can’t wait to see more of 42 and a certain Daddy!
Micah
Sep 03, 2019 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
I honestly don’t even know where to start with this review. I’ll come back to this if I get my thoughts in order.
Amanda
What a great read!! Two enemies have to team up to catch the person who betrayed each man two years ago. Their chemistry is off the charts but that may not be enough for them to come together. Undercover mission, deep betrayal, some definite jealousy and sexual tension (not unrequited since the men do get some sheet time 😉) and getting out of one’s own way is what is in store for D and Caiden.

I can’t wait for Si’s book ☺☺ I have a feeling who it’s with but we shall see!!
Kaila
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
this is a favorite author of mine... i havent loved everything by this author but this one was holy smokes amazing.. it was sexy.. it was action packed and the emotions are real and raw.. there was so much heartache and pain.. mixed in with love and want. it was amazing.. and it kept me on the edge of my seat until the end and i need more asap!
Anna Torres
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Espionage. Undercover. Attraction. Sexual tensions. Betrayal.

Just your everyday ingredients for an excellent spy and an excellent heartbreaker, someone assuming another persona in the very dangerous world of world espionage!

Alvaro was killed. Now there is only Delta, D. He works as an agent of Locke and Keyes Agency which is a front for a black ops orgnaization who deals with corrupt government officials and other people in power who believes they can get away with anything.

Caiden’s cover was bl
Ariel
Another great book from Cochet and I'm really looking forward to seeing how this series turns out!

I really enjoyed all the characters in this book and their banter is similar to what we've come to expect from Cochet and her other series. Watching D and Caiden navigate their rocky relationship was so much fun and they make such a great couple!

The plot is exciting and one particular event/reveal had me gasping out loud!

Charlie Cochet is one of my automatic-buy authors for a reason. She writes mean
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »
Charlie Cochet is the international bestselling author of the THIRDS series. Born in Cuba and raised in the US, Charlie enjoys the best of both worlds, from her daily Cuban latte to her passion for classic rock.

Currently residing in Central Florida, Charlie is at the beck and call of a rascally Doxiepoo bent on world domination. When she isn’t writing, she can usually be found devouring a book, re

Locke and Keyes Agency (2 books)
  • Lips are Sealed (Locke and Keyes Agency, #2)