Start by marking “A Tree Place: And Other Poems” as Want to Read:
A Tree Place: And Other Poems

A Tree Place: And Other Poems

3.5  ·  Rating details ·  6 Ratings  ·  4 Reviews
A collection of forty poems about nature and the outdoor world.
Published March 1st 1994 by Margaret K. McElderry Books

To ask other readers questions about A Tree Place, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about A Tree Place

Xiaoxiao Zhu
Sep 15, 2012 rated it really liked it
Actually, I don't understand why the name of this book is A Tree Place and other poems rather than Forest Secrets and other poems?

With this question, I read this book for the second time. I found that a series of poems in this book full with imagination and everthing has life in the main character's eys.

Though I still don't understand the name of the book after reading it second time, 'A Tree Place' is my favorite poem in this book, so I just thought this may be the reason why the author chose i
Paul  Hankins
A lovely little collection of poetry from 1997 exploring the small stuff of nature we might often miss. Writer workshop ready for demonstration of forms and the means by which words might appear upon a page that might challenge the budding, neophyte notion of how a poem "looks."

A robin drinking, a puff of dandelion going out to create spring, "A Small Earthquake in the Ivy" is one of favorites from this collection.

A Tree Place would work well with a nature unit or a unit on meadows and field li
Ariel Simmons
Sep 25, 2013 rated it really liked it
Shelves: poetry, seasonal, fiction
Reading Level: 10-12
Interest Level: 8-10

Sometimes humorous, informative, inquisitive, or simply creative, this little book of poems is perfect for any child who has difficulty enjoying poetry. The poems are a balanced length for young children and very entertaining.
Cws