Start by marking “Happy Christmas Eve” as Want to Read:
Happy Christmas Eve

Happy Christmas Eve

All I want for Christmas is you … or you?
Eve Halligan is back in her hometown for Christmas after a whirlwind few years touring with her band, the Molotovs. A lot has changed since she left, but two things have stayed the same. One: Eve is head-over-heels in love with Lucien Malikov, the Molotovs’ bad boy lead singer. Two: Lucien is completely indifferent to her.
Still,
Published October 15th 2019 by Ruby Fiction

To ask other readers questions about Happy Christmas Eve, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Happy Christmas Eve

Start your review of Happy Christmas Eve
Julie
Oct 25, 2019 rated it really liked it

Happy Christmas Eve by Jackie Ladbury is a 2019 Ruby Fiction publication.

A warm, festive holiday romance!

Eve has been in love with Lucien Malikov for ages. But her feelings are unrequited as the popular rock star strings Eve along while surrounding himself with fans and other women. But, while they are both home for the holidays, Eve is hoping for a chance to make Lucien see they belong together. But when she reconnects with Theo Wright, an old childhood friend, Eve begins to wonder if she’
Brenda
Eve Halligan, singer, songwriter, was back home for Christmas with the boyband, the Molotovs. The lead singer, Lucien, had been in her heart for years, but he only tossed her crumbs of affection, while allowing the fans – girls and women – to be by his side. Eve was hoping that this Christmas, surrounded by their families and everything familiar that Lucien would decide he couldn’t do without her.

Theo Wright was an old friend and when he turned up, Eve’s memories of their past came flying back.
Frankie (Chicks, Rogues and Scandals)
I love a feel-good Christmas romance, and this is just perfect for those colder, chilly nights wrapped in a blanket with your fluffy socks on. It is pure festive joy; fun, charming, cheery and a very delicious romance, everything you would want from a Christmas book is right here….it even has sausage rolls, who doesn’t love a sausage roll at Christmas…or any time of the year? Yes, I am afraid to say that Jackie Ladbury did have me hooked from the moment a sausage roll making gorgeous guy was ...more
Shalini
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
A fun read about one sided love.

Eve loved Lucien, Lucien used Eve to write his songs while holding the carrot of a singing career in front of her. Theo loved Eve, but she was obsessed only with Lucien. Only at 70% of the book, she saw the light...

My first book by author Jackie Ladbury, the emotions and the writing was pretty smooth like the initial snow flurry. The characters stayed true to the slots the author had drafted them in. I loved Theo, every woman needs a Theo in her life. Lucien was
Rachel Gilbey
Oct 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
What a sweet romance, featuring Eve who has been in love with Lucien for her whole life and is suddenly becoming unblinkered to just what sort of a man he really is, and Theo her home town best friend.

Lucien really is a nasty piece of work, I didn't take to him or his family at all, and really wasn't sure why Eve had been pining for him for so many years, other than the fact that love really is blind.

Whereas Theo I fell for instantly, he felt like the boy next door, was a talented baker, and
Els
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love the title. It was a clever idea, because by adding a comma, you give it another meaning.

It’s true the story takes place during the festive season, but in my opinion that is not the most important thing going on. The focus is, to me, more on discovering people’s true colours and finally putting yourself on the highest podium instead of being the slave for someone who does not appreciate it at all and only looks out for number one.

You do realise you should change, but your heart gets in
Deborah J Miles
Oct 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: blog-tour
Well, there's none so blind as those who will not see! Eve Halligan believes herself to be in love with Lucien Malikov. Lucien is only interested in himself and keeps her hanging on, because without her, his career would nose-dive. She was taken on as a singer and writes the songs Lucien sings, but she has become a general dogsbody, looking after Lucien and the band. He claims he writes his own material, giving her no credit, and worse still, no royalties.

Eve is in love with a selfish man-child
Marsha Keeper Bookshelf
Reviewed at Keeper Bookshelf

I had such fun with HAPPY CHRISTMAS EVE (I so want to add a comma to give that title a far different meaning – but perhaps that’s what we the readers are supposed to do – if so, that was a spoiler and sorry, not sorry *grin*)

Returning home for the holidays gives Eve and the band a bit of a break – and Eve what she hopes will be the chance for Lucien to see her in a different light. What she discovered when meeting up with childhood friend, Theo, was simply that she
Emma Rowson
Nov 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Happy Christmas Eve is a short and sweet read, featuring – I have to say – one of the most infuriating female characters in Eve. I liked her, I really did, but her indecision where Lucien was concerned, drove me up the wall! I was invested in her though, and I was championing her to find a backbone and live up to her potential – because beyond the willingness to turn a blind eye and be treated as a doormat, lay a truly talented young woman.

Her developing relationship with Theo is lovely, but for
Ruth
Oct 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
A lighthearted romance that I managed to read during one rainy day.

There are only three main characters.
Spoilt, selfish Lucien, lead singer to the pop band Molotov, blindly adored for years by Eve.
Eve, organiser, PA and general dog's body to the band Molotov, constantly on the receiving end of Lucien's countless tantrums. She's also written Lucien's hit songs, allowing him to claim total authorship, recognition and all the financial rewards.
Eve's other childhood friend, Theo the baker, has
Isabelle D
It's very early to read about Christmas decorations, nativity school plays or Christmas dinners but I still really enjoyed such scenes in this novella. No doubt they'll be equally (or even more) appreciated at the right time of year.
I also particularly liked that Eve is a songwriter, guitarist and singer (even if her talent is partly wasted because the band leader practically never allows her to sing), and Theo's sweetness couldn't fail to charm me. As for Lucien... Can't say I liked him but his
Anne
Nov 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I read this before I’d even began to think about Christmas, but it still made me feel warm inside. Eve has been in love with Lucien for as long as she can possibly remember, convinced that one day they’ll be together and he’ll recognise her talent as both singer and songwriter, and they will have their own happy ever after. But her dream is derailed when she meets Theo again. Can Theo be the one to make her see sense? I read the whole book at one sitting, curled up in front of the fire and loved ...more
thewoollygeek (tea, cake, crochet & books)
Absolutely blummin loved this, it’s just so addictive and adorable. I loved the tension between characters (and tension in plot) it’s done so well and you’re just sitting going ‘argh’ so much and to me that’s when you know you care about characters ! I won’t spoil the book at all, because you need to read it to find out for yourself. But if you want a book you won’t want to put down, one that’s Christmassy, full of characters you will connect with and a great story. This is definitely the book ...more
Isobel
Oct 16, 2019 added it
If you will need a break from family and friends over Christmas then you could not do better than hiding this away for yourself and bringing it out when needed! Forget your problems and enjoy Eve's story as she realises that she has been on the wrong track with her life and needs to see what is under her nose. The story really shows that we need to make our own mistakes and that realising that we have been wrong, in our own time, is the only way forward.
Stacey
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eve is a Jill-of-all-trades for a boyband led by her childhood crush Lucien. She keeps Lucien’s career going (and his guitars tuned), and someday Lucien will realize they’ve always been meant to be together (I mean, their kiss was fireworks for him too, right?). Then Theo shows up and maybe Eve’s dream happily ever after is the wrong ending for her.

I LOVED this book. The story was well-paced and I enjoyed every word. Highly recommend!!
Barbara
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is a tale of three people - the eternal triangle! Eve, Theo and Lucien have known each other for years but the world of music was not for baker Theo. Christmas at home brings Eve a new clarity of vision. What happens is a Christmas present for them all, and you when you read this book. A gentle page turner to read with a glass of mulled wine and a box of chocolates.
Yvonne Greene
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Eve is a lovely and very talented person but has been in love with pop star Lucien all her life. Theo, a local baker, feels the same about Eve. We follow Eve on a charming journey to find her true love. A sweet Christmas read!
Joanna Butler
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Christmas magic at its best

So pleased to read this good overcomes evil story especially as set over Christmas time to see heroine win over evil creep really uplifting
Vanessa-Ann Dowsett
Gail
Julie

• Daisy's Christmas Gift Shop
  • Reach for a Star
  • Jessie's Little Bookshop by the Sea (Tempest Sisters #3)
  • Keeper of Secrets
  • The House That Alice Built
  • Make It Up To You
  • A Paris Fairy Tale
  • Snowflakes at the Little Christmas Tree Farm: A cosy and uplifting Christmas romance
  • Bonfires & Hot Chocolate at The Little Duck Pond Cafe: (Little Duck Pond Cafe, Book 7)
  • Bound by Truth: An Island Bound novel
  • A Cornish Affair
  • The Glittering Hour
  • Don't Think a Single Thought
  • The Birthday House
  • Foxfire, Wolfskin and Other Stories of Shape-Shifting Women
  • #Sonnets
  • I Wanted You To Know: A powerful and life-affirming novel that will stay with you forever
  • The Flower Arranger: A story she can't let go. A case he can't solve. A killer who won't stop.