Start by marking “The Bravest Thing” as Want to Read:
The Bravest Thing

The Bravest Thing

Ten-year-old Laurel loves pets more than almost anything, so she's thrilled when her rabbit gives birth. But taking care of the bunnies isn't quite as easy as Laurel thought it would be. When Bun Bun refuses to feed her babies, Laurel has a crisis on her hands- and suddenly it's up to her to save the newborns' lives.
Published May 1st 1997 by Puffin Books (first published 1995)

To ask other readers questions about The Bravest Thing, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Bravest Thing

Someone
Apr 19, 2011 rated it it was ok
The story was ok, nothing fancy and an ok read for children. The main character was very hard to like though, with her stuck up attitude. She got annoyed at the simplest things like other peoples pet names and argued with others a lot like the pet shop lady or her friend. It's good to be knowledgeble, but it doesn't mean you have to infuse your views on others. I did like how she was brave when she found out she had scoliosis but that was no excuse for the title. I've read novels with braver cha ...more
Audrey ~ EXO-L
Apr 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Laurel was brave and superior when she had scoliosis and had to take care of her bunny's babies, but this didn't have much of a plot. The chapters were not filled with descriptive words or have much dialouge. Just a first person. She describes her story as a shopping list. Not exactly the best story.
Ashleigh Cutler
Dec 17, 2015 rated it it was ok
The biggest thing I remember about this book is the name "Spanish Moss" for a rabbit. Still the book was a good read of my childhood and deserves it's place on this list. I don't remember when I first read it just that I did and parts have stayed with me even today.
Katherine  Downey
Aug 21, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
This was one of my favorite books when I was little.
McKenzie
Jan 28, 2014
Morgan Baskett
Aug 18, 2017
Virginia
rated it did not like it
Jun 30, 2017
Caitlin
Jan 22, 2013
Bethany
Jun 19, 2016
Donna Jo Napoli is both a linguist and a writer of children's and YA fiction. She loves to garden and bake bread, and even dreams of moving to the woods and becoming a naturalist.

At various times her house and yard have been filled with dogs, cats, birds, and rabbits. For thirteen years she had a cat named Taxi, and liked to go outside and call, "Taxi!" to make the neighbors wonder. But dear dear