Start by marking “Secret Ties” as Want to Read:
Secret Ties

Secret Ties

3.78  ·  Rating details ·  533 Ratings  ·  38 Reviews
How far would you go to reach the ultimate pleasure?

Max Delaney is a master of bondage and submission…and Summer Anderson's most decadent dream come true. From the moment she meets him, she yearns for him to dominate her--body and soul. As Max initiates her into his world of scorching BDSM sex, he shows Summer what's possible when she abandons her inhibitions and loses her
Published June 23rd 2009 by St. Martin's Griffin

To ask other readers questions about Secret Ties, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Secret Ties

Sharon
Aug 21, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: erotica-romance
Oh bestill my beating heart. This book is FREAKING HOT. I read it in one sitting. You read that right: one sitting. It's 200+ pages but was so hot and so good I couldn't stop reading it. I loved all the characters and couldn't wait to see what happens.

A couple words about the BDSM element...it's actually a very romantic sweet BDSM story, so unless it seriously turns you off, you will like it. There's nothing bad or harsh or humiliating. It's erotic and teasing and sweet.

This is the Carew I loved
Karmen
Aug 21, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009
Summer Anderson meets Max Delaney at erotic writer friend's workshop. I loved that she baked chocolates in the shape of penises.

She meets Max and there's an is an immediate spark. It takes Summer from her subdued and lackluster life to realizing her sexual dreams.

There is an interesting twist since Summer returns to her small town life and Max to New York. In her small town, Summer can't decide between two men. Max arrives too complicate the issue to delicious ends...
Marie
May 02, 2010 rated it did not like it
Shelves: own, erotica
Amy Jacobs
Aug 17, 2010 rated it it was amazing
I just love this author! When it comes to erotica's, this author knows how to write them. She knows how to perfectly balance the sex, the romance and the plot to where it is a wonderful read without just being sex all the time.

Summer sells chocolates at an adult themed convention show. She is there with her good friend who happens to write steamy books. When her friend Tanya introduces Summer to Max, the sparks fly and the pages burn with romance! Summer finds herself curious about the BDSM life
Crazy4more
Nov 07, 2011 rated it really liked it
4 stars

Very nice read for an erotica romance book! and when I say nice, I meant it carried a reasonable-decent plot, and that's not something ER usually cherished. Given that's ER, I don't have to mention how hot and erotic it was, fair warning. Dom, Subs, BDSM, love-triangle, opening and helping Summer to move forward with heart's desires, reality and renewed confrontation. I was surprisingly surprised with this author but I can't say more about her other books bc my library only have this one
Sherry
Mar 04, 2010 rated it did not like it
I personally found this book very cold and technical. I read reviews before reading this book and I do believe I read romantic compelling characters you'll fall in love with. Not the case for me. I feel like I have no idea who these people are. The only thing we found out is their jobs. Oh, and the leading man is a widower.
You may be thinking I was put off by the BDSM elements to this book to give it only 1 star. That isn't the case here. I just couldn't care about these character with such lit
Melanie♥
Mar 22, 2009 rated it liked it
Wish this had just been the story of Max and Summner! Throwing the other two men into the story was a bit of a 'miss' for me. Not as good as Twin Fantasies imo. Twin Fantasies was the first book I read by this author. Really liked it and bought several more, but TF remains the only keeper.
Kate
Jun 30, 2016 rated it did not like it
Shelves: bdsm
ceecee
Jul 23, 2016 rated it did not like it
I was so disappointed in this book that I couldn't finish it. I kept on reading chapter after chapter, page after page and I kept on hoping that it would improve.....but it never did. This book had some great reviews and I've read a few books by Opal Carew, but this book was one of the worst ones I've read in a while. This book had no plot and minimal story that seemed to be centered around the author writing words like "cock, cockhead, tits, pussy and words of that ilk with the hope that a plot ...more
 Pleasures Chest
May 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Summer Anderson and best friend Tanya set up a booth at adult entertainment trade show. Summer was there to sell specialty chocolates designed in shapes of penises and Tanya was there to sell her latest book. Summer felt a little out of her element. She'd never been exposed to explicit sexuality on display. Summer met Max at the trade show, he happened to be a friend of Tanya's.

Max Delaney had lived the lifestyle as a dominant after the loss of his wife. He didn't get seriously involved with any
Erica
Mar 26, 2013 rated it liked it
I knew what was going to happen when I had barely started the book. Most erotica is like that, but the scenes in this book were HOT. She has menage a trois, and a menage a quatro. I liked the fact that she was a chocolatier, and for a trade show, she made chocolates into penis, with different colors, and a flesh colored one, she was quite proud of. She also puts herself into a stock, and waits for her Dom to come in and take her. He also puts a spin on the scene, by pretending that there are mor ...more
Gina (bibliobuff)
Apr 19, 2011 rated it liked it
I would enjoy Opal Carew's books a whole lot more if they were written better. :P I just get so distracted by her chronological writing. An example: "She glanced at Max, then smiled. She unbuttoned her blouse, slowly and purposefully, then slid it off her shoulders and dropped it on the couch. Next, she unzipped her skirt and shimmied it over her hips, then let it fall to the floor." If I had to count the number of times she uses the word "then" and "next," it would total in the thousands, I swe ...more
Marcella
Feb 14, 2011 rated it it was amazing
This author really knows how to write books. This book is the third I've read of hers and I wasn't disappointed. She had me hooked from beginning to end.

Max and Summer were a great match from the start. He knew exactly what she needed to get her out of her shell and pursue her heart's desire.

I found myself intrigued and mesmerized by the male character Max, Shane and Kyle. They are every girls dream guy. And she gets all of them. I'm not sure whether to high five Summer or smack her. Lol!

She is
Joy Boutwell
May 13, 2016 rated it really liked it
Secret Ties by Opal Carew is a hot, sexy and exciting book. Summer meets Max who is a master in bondage and submission at an event they are attending. Summer is in love with her two best friends Kyle and Shane but has never done anything about it. Max and Summer just click so he teaches her the ropes of BDSM so she can move forward with Shane and Kyle. I love that Opal added in Shane and Kyle, with Max and Summer it makes it an awesome read. This is another great book that I recommend you read.
Lynn
Dec 29, 2013 rated it liked it
This story had promise but the ending was too easy and too pat. In the beginning the main character has two men in love with her but she is unable to respond to their affection for a variety of reasons. Enter a Dom who not only shows her how to respond to both men who love her, but falls in love with her himself. The end of the book doesn't really resolve these issues as much as it sweeps them under the rug. A very unsatisfying ending with a conflict that was developed, but left the reader hangi ...more
Sally
Mar 17, 2010 rated it it was ok
Not too bad, not too good either. As always there's graphically described sex and the obligatory Opal Carew threesome sandwhich. The characters have a bit of their own personalities showing but more of the collective personalities of romantica. Even the BDSM is tell not show and it's just toying around the edges, presumably to make the readers feel that it's really very naughty without scaring anyone off.

I enjoyed it but preferred Blush. Give it a go if anything considered deviant tantalises yo
Clary ♡.
Jun 22, 2013 rated it did not like it
Shelves: 2013
Ok i finished this book yesterday and I have to say that it's the worst book that i read ever! I mean i don't found story all it's sex sex sex and I understand that it's a hot book and yeah I read hot books but good hot books but this no way!

Well in the finish it's so awfull and her two friends saying: We're are friends but more We understand this right now because She have get married with Max an Come'on! Respect? Really? I t's so stupid and not sense here i hate with all my heart this book.

Awf
Regina
May 28, 2012 rated it liked it
It's too bad that this one was so unexceptional because Opal Carew usually puts out better stories than this. The relationship between Max and Summer was okay--the Dom stuff can be quite stimulating, and there was lots of it--but her wanna-be relationship with Kyle and Shane was weak at best. And to top it off, the Dom/sub role reversals towards the ending were not only unconvincing--it all sounded staged--but rather ridiculous. I give it a lame 3 stars.
Limecello
Jun 14, 2012 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2012
A sexy book, but not much substance - same as the other books I've been reading, sadly.
The romance wasn't entirely believable, in that I wasn't convinced these characters would get together.
The main hero and heroine I do see them staying together.
But the heroine's ridiculous "wide eyed innocence" is too much in the beginning. Especially since she jumps right into a D/s relationship.

A very hot read though, so if that's what you're looking for, worth checking out.
Tess
Nov 07, 2011 rated it it was amazing
My, my pass me a cold drink and a fan for this toe curling, panty wetting erotic love story about stretching comfort levels and exploding sexual bounderies. Sexy role playing spice up an already steaming novel and I loved every page. It's so nice to have a great story peppered with creative and sexy scenes and well-developed characters. This one's a keeper for sure.
E.
Jun 13, 2011 rated it really liked it
Shelves: erotica
Chocolatier Summer Anderson lusts after two male friends but never acts on her desires until she meets a Dom named Max Delaney at an adult entertainment trade show. She is exposed to the world of D/s and instructed in the joys of claiming the opportunities offered to her, but how will she cope with her desires for the new man in her life as well as the two left behind? A sizzling tale!
Kristin
Nov 12, 2015 rated it it was ok
Shelves: lost-interest
really? ugh. I was so hopeful with these rave reviews. if you have taste for erotica with a good storyline and substance, this book isn't for you. if felt like a short story rushed with little character development from spotting the tall dark and handsome man- to the female on her knees.
Charlene
Jun 28, 2011 added it
Shelves: wishlist
Only halfway through this book, but it is ohhhhh soooooo good!!

Finished!! Wow!!! What a good read!! I love that the main character got to have her cake and eat it too! Never happens but so good to dream!!
Luci
Feb 03, 2011 rated it it was ok
Shelves: read-in-2011
Mostly un-annoying.
Jess
Aug 31, 2009 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2009, romantica
I really liked this new one by Carew. It had a nice storyline to it, the characters were funny and sweet and Max and Summer were awesome together.

I think fans of Carew will really like this one.
Regina taylor
Mar 08, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: romance
i like it but i like summer to date kyle but it was hot
Michelle K
Jul 31, 2010 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2010-read
Opal Carew's book are hot and steaming and I have yet to be disappointed with any of the books I have purchased. She has a bit of everything in her books and this one is just the same. A++
Michelle Robbins
Jul 30, 2013 rated it it was amazing
HOT...HOT....HOT
Jodee
Jul 21, 2013 rated it really liked it
loved this book. it was a really quick read that held my attention. the characters were great and made want to keep reading.
Lena
Oct 13, 2013 rated it liked it
omg. i have no words. this book isn't for me, really. amen.
  • Sweet Restraint
  • The Dom on the Naughty List (Badass Brats, #1.5)
  • Secret Submission (Journey to Submission, #1)
  • I Spy a Wicked Sin (Shado Agency, #1)
  • The Darker Side of Pleasure
  • Total Surrender
  • At the Dungeon Master's Hand (Le Club d'Esclavage, #1)
  • Wicked (Dungeon #3)
  • Jane and the Sneaky Dom
  • Fair Game (Fortune Hunter Trilogy, #3)
  • Becoming Sage (The Keyhole, #1)
  • The Switch
  • Submissive Beauty
  • Lisa's Gift
  • Signed, Sealed and Delivered
  • Sinful Treats (Club Velvet Ice, #1)
  • Owning Wednesday
  • The One Worth Finding
206712
New York Times and USA Today bestselling author, Opal Carew loves cats, Zentangle, and wild nail polish!

More about Opal Carew...

Romance Deals

• Wynn in Doubt
  • Until Harry
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Lethal Consequences (Aegis Security, #2)
  • Things I Should Have Known
    $9.99 $2.99
  • Waiting for the One
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Bombshell (Hollywood A-List, #1)
    $3.99 $2.00
  • Guardians Of Stone (Relic Seekers, #1)
    $4.49 $1.99
  • All the Secrets We Keep (Quarry Road, #2)
  • Queens of Geek
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Consumed by Fire (Fire, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Off the Record (Record, #1)
  • The Lovely Reckless
    $7.80 $2.99
  • Never Kiss a Rake (Scandal at the House of Russell, #1)
  • Starter for Ten
    $6.99 $1.99
  • Enslaved by the Ocean (Criminals of the Ocean, #1)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Plain Perfect (A Daughters of the Promise Novel)
  • Love Fortunes and Other Disasters
    $7.09 $2.99
  • On the Record (Record, #2)
  • Crash (Crash, #1)
  • Scored
  • The Journey Home
    $3.99 $0.99
  • True to the Highlander (Loch Moigh #1)
    $4.99 $2.00
  • Losing Control (Kerr Chronicles, #1)
  • How to Love
    $8.74 $1.99
  • The CEO Buys In (Wager of Hearts, #1)
  • The Paradise Guest House
    $11.99 $1.99
  • Love, Lies & Spies
  • Faking It
    $3.99 $1.99
  • 'Til the End of Time: A Loveswept Contemporary Classic Romance (Sedikhan)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • Where Darkness Lies (Criminals of the Ocean, #2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Good Girl (Love Unexpectedly, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Immortally Yours (Argeneau #26)
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Immortal Collection
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Unspoken (The Vampire Diaries: The Salvation, # 2)
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Golden Surrender (Viking #1)
    $7.99 $1.99