Start by marking “Defender of Histories (The Witness Tree Chronicles, #1)” as Want to Read:
Blank 133x176
Defender of Histories

Haley Walden

Defender of Histories (The Witness Tree Chronicles, #1)

A young archivist. A hidden power. And a forgotten history poised to repeat itself...

Silira Mór is the most promising historian to serve the city-state of Iathium in centuries. Proud and headstrong, Lira has dedicated her life to preserving the city's histories, working her way up the ranks in the Archive of the Dome—even capturing the attention of Iathium’s young ruler,
ebook
Published January 28th 2020

To ask other readers questions about Defender of Histories, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Defender of Histories

Start your review of Defender of Histories (The Witness Tree Chronicles, #1)
Katelyn
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I received an ARC of this book in return for a review.

The start of Lira’s journey revolves around books, history, and magic. As a sucker for all three, I was immediately hooked. This will also appeal to fantasy lovers who enjoy stories about finding old magic and uncovering the truth. If you are looking for a new indie read, try giving Defender of Histories a whirl.

Lira has spent her life persevering Iathium’s histories. Her dedication and passion for history gets her noticed by Eremon, Iathium’
Lia Mara Dospetti
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy
What an adventure! *__* I'm so excited for the sequel now!

Disclaimer: I received a free ARC from the author in exchange for an honest review.

Overall opinion: A lovely tale of inner strength, friendship, loss and the start of a journey. An adventure like no other, in a YA fantasy book that’s pleasantly enjoyable even for an adult reader.

Young, introvert archivist Silira Mór only has one dream: to become a great archivist and spend the rest of her life among her beloved books and manuscripts. But
Tim O'Hearn
Dec 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The author calls this a character-driven work. In a sense that is true. But it is even more driven by the history of the land she has created. I have read this book multiple times, and am intrigued by it every time. It is a romance, but reluctantly. It is a quest narrative. It pleases on multiple levels. Her characters are alive, but so are the settings. As a self-diagnosed introvert, I identify with the heroine, Silira. She is an introvert who is forced into taking a role she never wanted, but ...more
Shianne
Feb 14, 2020 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Disclaimer: I received an ARC in return for an honest review.

A dense YA Fantasy rich with world building, DEFENDER OF HISTORIES reminded me of THE LIBRARIANS meets Atlantis, where a single, cataclysmic event casts everything into disarray. Overall, I really enjoyed it! The plot: an archivist has her future career thrown into chaos when she discovers a long-running conspiracy. She also attracts the romantic intentions of a young, revolutionary Emperor, which makes the situation 10x worse.

Slow to
Donna
Feb 08, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I would give this book more than 5 stars if it was possible. Defender of Histories is a fast paced fantasy adventure story written by Haley Walden that I was privileged to get the chance to read to review. A great job with the writing Haley!! The only thing I hated was not being able to read book 2 since it is yet to be written. This book is available on Amazon
Georgia Papadopoulou
Jan 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
"Defender of Histories" is a fantasy book about Lira, a girl that her life changes in one day. Secrets, mystery, betrayal and adventure are some of the words you can use to describe it. The plot at the beginning is a little bit slow, because the author wants to describe the book's world as good as possible. But the second half of the book is amazing and the things that happen will blow your mind. I think you will enjoy reading it, if you like fantasy books. It's an interesting and unique story.
Trish Martin
Lee-Anne Linton
marked it as to-read
Feb 11, 2020
Haley Walden
Aug 13, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Courtney Greene
is currently reading it
Jan 28, 2020
Steph
is currently reading it
Jan 29, 2020

• Beyond the Rain
  • Encapsulated Wolf: Wolf Shifters of Ember Abyss (Paranormal Shifter Romance Book 5)
  • By Cadaver Light (Luc Stockhelm #0.5)
  • Enchanted Wolf
  • Queen of Storms (Treasure Hunter's Heart, #3)
  • Lock Every Door
  • Esemtu Vol. 1
  • Voices in the Snow (Black Winter, #1)
  • The Paris Wife
  • PとJK 8 (P to JK #8)
  • Hunter (The Hastings Series #1)
  • Into Thin Air: A Personal Account of the Mount Everest Disaster
  • Soulless (Parasol Protectorate, #1)
  • The Will and the Wilds
  • Lillith: Beginning of the Lillith Chronicles
  • パーフェクトワールド 2 (Perfect World, #2)
  • パーフェクトワールド 3 (Perfect World, #3)
  • Engulfed Wolf (Wolf Shifters of Ember Abyss, #3)
Haley Walden writes fast-paced, character-driven epic fantasy with magical adventures, spellbinding love stories, and unforgettable friendships. Defender of Histories, the first installment of The Witness Tree Chronicles, is her debut novel.

Haley is a multi-passionate geek with many obsessions, including pop culture, Star Wars, fantasy, mythology, martial arts, film, music, and musical theatre.