Start by marking “Praying for Peace (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #3)” as Want to Read:
Praying for Peace (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #3)

Praying for Peace

(Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #3)

Ghost talking can be murder…

Castleberry Historical society manager Chantilly Adair is excited to finalize the proposal plans for the old Baptist church just outside of town, officially marking it as a registered historic property.

But that excitement turns to confusion when she finds a dead body hidden in a janitor’s closet in the basement, and the former pastor’s spiri
Published August 27th 2019 by Magnum Grace Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Praying for Peace, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Praying for Peace

Miss W Book Reviews
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
Praying for Peace is Book 3 in the Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium Series. This is a stand alone book, but definitely read the first two books because they are so good!

Chantilly's character is evolving and growing and I just love her personality.
She has stumbled upon another body . She is on the case and talking to the dead.

Chantilly is trying to solve a murder and a church's very existence depends upon it because there are certain people that think it's haunted and should be torn down.

This my
Thomas
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chantilly Adair is mixed up in another murder when she does a walkthrough of a church they are trying to restore.
It's tied into a mysterious fire and the death of the pastor of the time, 60 years ago.

This is an enjoyable story, that has a good plotline and some humor.

I enjoyed learning more about the background of one of the main secondary characters.
Wulfwyn
I have fallen hard for this series. So much so that I will stop other books I’m reading and make them wait while I read these. In this book Chantilly is looking into two murders. One old, the other recent. I don’t go beyond saying a bit of information on the mystery because you, the reader, should uncover everything as you read. That is how I enjoy my mysteries. I like Chantilly. She feels real to me. I was a single mom. I like her friends. Most of all I enjoy her discovering her gift of seeing ...more
Renee Arthur
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chantilly is currently working on a plan to restore the church. She goes to the church and speaks with the pastor and the secretary. She looks around for a while before heading to the basement to check out the foundation of the building. When a ghost leads her straight to a closet and opens it, Chantilly finds the body of the caretaker. The mayor is beginning to think about tearing down the church and rebuilding it due to bad memories. Chantilly needs to investigate and convince the mayor to res ...more
Micky Cox
Aug 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chantilly is still seeing ghosts and has decided to start helping them, but what if one adamantly doesn't want help even if it means the demise of a stunning piece of historical architecture in the town? Will that ghost fight back and cause harm or let Chantilly do what she needs to do to see justice served and peace brought once again while saving the historic church in town? The characters just keep getting better and better. Each book sees more depth and really helps bring the characters to l ...more
Monica
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Very exciting mystery with lots of twists and turns to see if there is a link between a 50 year old fire and death and a present day murder. It's up to Chantilly to see if there is a connection while she tries to save and restore and old historical church. Touching moments with a ghost named Charlie and definitely some surprises from the ghost of Pastor Alabaster and his son (who is not a ghost). I love how Chantilly’s friends are always willing to help her. I could not put this book down. This ...more
Alma Collins
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another fun Chantilly Adair ghostly adventure! Castleberry Historical society manager Chantilly Adair now has the gift of seeing and talking to ghosts after falling down the stairs at the Historical society and smashing her head on the marble floor. In this 3rd book Chantilly is excited to finalize the proposal plans for the old Baptist church just outside of town, officially marking it as a registered historic property.

But that excitement turns to confusion when she finds a dead body hidden in
Elaine
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chantilly Adair.
Has found another body detective jack is not happy, but finding bodies and talking to the dead is what Chantilly does best.. trying to help solve a murder in this case to keep a church from being torn down because those that believe it's haunted.. but to save a building that's been around for a long time that's what the town wants.. this is the third book in the series and each book just gets better and better Chantilly is my favorite character there's a few others but she is to
Kara Marks
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium series, but it works very well as a standalone. I enjoy this southern cozy mystery mystery so much, and it's a pleasure to read. I savor these books, looking forward to reading a little light mystery before bedtime each night. The characters are great, and I especially enjoy the main character of Chantilly. The small southern town is a great place for the mysteries and Chantilly's job with the historical society brings her into contact w ...more
Bev
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: own-it, have-read
Chantilly is trying to do the right thing for the town by getting the church renovated. While down in the basement to look at some old original pieces of the church she finds a dead body. Unfortunately, this dead body is not talking to her. Things get complicated when the ghost of the former pastor tells her to "Let it go". The police thought they knew of a possible suspect, but that didn't pan out. Chantilly tried to tell the detective her thoughts, and he just dismisses her ideas. Can Chantill ...more
Sue Buck
Aug 24, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Praying for Peace is the third book in the Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium. While trying to get the Mayor Tyson to help restore the First Baptist Church a historical building Chantilly finds the body of Acel when she was taking pictures and notes for the restoration. Chantilly thinks that if she solves the mystery of the fire which killed five people including Pastor Newton Alabaster's father. Can Chantilly solve the mystery with all the conflicting stories from everyone or will someone else get ...more
Barb Foerst
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: paranormal, mystery
Chantilly returns and is looking into restoring the town’s church. It was previously damaged in a fire and the old pastor died in the fire. As Chantilly looks through the church for what would be necessary to restore it to its former glory, she finds the janitor dead in a basement closet. For those familiar with the previous books, Chantilly fell down the stairs, hitting her head, and developed the ability to see and speak with ghosts. Chantilly uses her ability to solve both the new and old mur ...more
Kirsten
Aug 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chantilly's abilities with ghosts come in handy once again, after she discovers another dead body in the basement of the town church. Chantilly is convinced the fatal fire from 50+ years ago has something to do with the recent murder, but town cop, Jack, is reluctant to agree.

There are some sweet moments with a particular ghost in this story, and we learn more about Thelma's past.

This was another fun book in the series, in each one we discover a little more about the town and its residents.
Megan Fulmer
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: read-2019
I’ve always enjoyed a good cold case in my mysteries. I go back and forth with my readying, I enjoy thrillers butI always come back to cozy mysteries, because they are easy to digest, kind of like a palate cleanser.
The small southern town has a quirkiness to it you just keep Coming back to. In this installment Chantilly is trying to solve not one but two murders, one from 60 years ago and one more recent. If you like quick cozy mysteries then I highly recommend this series. I look forward to mo
Mari Schroer
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
As Chantilly Adair learns more about her recently acquired gift of being a psychic medium, she is helping those who have passed move on and solving the occasional murder.
Chantilly’s new project is getting the town counsel to help pay for the restoration of a historical church that was heavily damaged by fire a generation ago. Now a body found in the church is waking the ghosts of the past and uncovering the secrets that had been forgotten long ago.
This series continues to get better with each
Jennifer Wertz
Aug 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! I love the characters. Chantilly is so interesting and fun. And her friends are wonderful. I love how they work together to help solve the mystery and they have great witty banter. They had me laughing. This book is so fun. In this book Chantilly works to solve two mysteries one of which is about 50 years old. The mystery is interesting and has so many twists and turns. There are a number of ghosts in this book and Chantilly is really growing in her abilities. I just ...more
Angel Ballard
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love all things paranormal and having the lead character of a book able to see and talk to ghosts is one of my all time fav reads. I love the southern charm of Chantilly. She is very self-conscious about her ability and doesn't flaunt it. But she doesn't back away when things get tense and scary, either. It's not a dark or even gruesome paranormal mystery...it's a whodunit with a nice paranormal mix that keeps the story flowing. I loved every minute of it! Excellent read!
Leslie Jones
Aug 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chantilly Adair goes to work to solve both an old and new murder in the third installment of this enchanting series. Chantilly continues to adjust to her supernatural skills as ghosts solicit her assistance with giving messages to the living while she gathers clues about the murders with the support of her core group of close friends. This is a thoroughly enjoyable book with a surprise ending. I can't wait to read the next book in this series!
Carole Craddock
Aug 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book of the Chantilly Adair series, a relatively new series that is of the typical wonderfulness of this author! This one was a little creepy in spots, adding a fantastic overall feel to the book. The characters are developing nicely! Can Chantilly's ability to see ghosts help her solve a decades old murder, a recent murder, and save a beautiful old church from destruction? A very nice, enjoyable read and excellent series as well!
Nadine
Enjoyable!

The author said this book would work as a standalone and yes, you could totally do that. But you’d be missing out! A great series and this book was a great addition to the series. Such fun to read! I really enjoyed it.

Chantilly, who can see and talk to ghosts, has to solve another murder. And there’s some history too. I loved it! And of course, Chantilly’s friends are such fun! And I was surprised by what happened. I love twists and turns in a mystery!
Tammy Hudson
Aug 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the 3rd book in the Chantilly Adair psychic medium series but can be read as a stand alone I enjoy this series the more it goes one. The small southern cozy mystery, the quirky characters and the mystery is so good. In this installment Chantilly finds another body that detective Jack wants her to stay of but helps her find out the killer. I would highly recommend this

I was received an ARC for a honest review
Leah Hines
Aug 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The best thing about this series is the characters. They are quirky, funny, and interesting. There are a couple mysteries to solve and a few ghosts to help. Chantilly is trying to deal with a new aspect of her gift, solve the mysteries, contend with Jack, all while doing her job. There's a lot on her plate and she's determined to do it all. There a some surprising turns that keep you guessing. This fast paced cozy mystery is a great addition to the series.
Darla Abney-Cox
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Readers are in for a treat with this series. I was so excited to get the ARC that I put a pause on the book I had been reading just to read this one. I enjoy this series and the author has written another wonderful book. Chantilly is back talking with ghosts including a minister who died in a church fire decades ago. There's even one very special ghost who's there to have Chantilly relay a message to one of her quirky friends. And, yes they are all back in this book, too.
Johniene
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is the third visit with Chantilly. Once again she becomes involved in a murder investigation when she finds a body. The local detective still won’t accept how help from Chantilly since she doesn’t have “training.” This time the spirits seemed to be more of a hindrance than a help. This is an interesting addition to the series.
Beatrice Followill
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Chantilly wants to restore a beautiful old church that was partially destroyed 60 years ago as well as killing the pastor in the fire, While looking at the church she uncovers a murder and needs to help set the record straight on what really happened on the night of the fateful fire, though some ghosts would rather let it rest.
Michele Cantrell
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Chantilly works for the Historical Society and sees Ghost. While trying to get renovation for the local Baptist church, Chantilly stumbles on a body... Is this tied to a fire and death from back in the 1960s? Can Chantilly keep the renovations on track?
E
Aug 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019-read
More than 5 stars. The characters in this book are awesome and the story is well written. I finished this book all in one day. I look forward to more.
Jeannie Lawrence
Sep 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Good

Another great story can't wait for the next book. I love reading paranormal stories especially anything that deals with Ghosts! Keep the stories coming!
Michael Ward
Sep 07, 2019
Marie
Aug 31, 2019
Carolyn Ridder Aspenson currently calls the Atlanta suburbs home, but can't rule out her other two homes, Indianapolis and somewhere in the Chicago suburbs.
She is old enough to share her empty nest with her husband, two dogs and two cats, all of which she strongly obsesses over, repeatedly noted on her Facebook and Instagram accounts, and is working on forgiving her kids for growing up and leavin

Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium (3 books)
  • Get Up and Ghost (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #1)
  • Ghosts are People Too (Chantilly Adair Psychic Medium #2)