Start by marking “Heartless Hero” as Want to Read:
Heartless Hero

Heartless Hero

NOW LIVE! FREE IN KU & 2.99 FOR A LIMITED TIME!

"This is and will be, my favorite bully book of all time." International Bestselling Author C.L. Matthews

There are rules to being Abigail Crowne’s bodyguard, rules to watching the infamous billion-dollar heiress, otherwise known as the Reject Princess.
Never forget your place, always put the Cr
Published October 24th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Heartless Hero, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Heartless Hero

Start your review of Heartless Hero
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW ***

5 Truth or Promise CROWNS

Readers! Lovers of bully romance, second chance, enemies to lovers! This!! This book, Heartless Hero is just want you need. Mary Catherine Gebhard hits the sweet spot between hate and love, and the tension sizzles between this couple from the minute they are on the page together.

Theo Hound owns my soul. He is bully to the highest degree. I love every dark and twisted act, every vile word that comes from his dirty
C.L. Matthews
Oct 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing
She brandished me with love, it turned to hate and ended with a promise. Mary has squashed every notion I had for HH and wove a beautiful heartless-reject masterpiece.

I've read a lot of bully romances in my life. Some could say most of them. Not one has destroyed me quite like this one.

I don't say this a ton, or even write reviews for every book I've read...
BUT. And this is a HUGE but. This book deserves a better ranking than I could ever offer or bestow. It outranks my knowledge of perfec/>
Weronika -  Little Steamy Reads
„A wound on your soul changes who you are. If you didn’t love yourself first, you can’t love anyone.”

Bully romance? Check.
Enemies to lovers plot? Check.
Second chance story? Check!

Heartless Hero is a perfect combination of all three! Mary Catherine Gebhard has created a brilliant story that draws you in from the first page and keeps all of your attention up to the last sentence. I’m a big fan of bully romances and recently it’s not so easy to please me when it comes to this trope, but M
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: October 24, 2019
Actual Rating: 5 stars

Enemies-to-Lovers | Bully Romance | Second Chances

Mary Catherine Gebhard is a new to me author AND I am SO GLAD I took a chance and read this book! WOW! What a turbulent romance with the best kind of angst there is. I devoured this book page by page until I hit the end- and I enjoyed every single second of it. Ladies and gents, I can see why the reviews for Heartless Hero are FULL of praise! And if you want to know WHY then/>/>
Chelé
Oct 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I don't care how cute she is, how lovely she is or how much I adore her, Mary Catherine Gebhard is an emotional terrorist! There, I said it. HOLY F*CKING SH*T ASS! I need therapy after this book. REAL TALK. She ripped my heart out, put it through the shredder and glued it back together!

Look, I honestly can't even write a traditional review for this one, yes it's a bully romance at the highest level BUT it's so, so much more, there's the royal aspect, the body guard, the mystery, the
K. Webster
Oct 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was my first read by Mary Catherine Gebhard and she did not disappoint! It was a captivating enemies-to-lovers romance that had me gobbling up pages as quick as I could turn them! The chemistry between the hero and heroine was off the charts! I loved the constant push and pull. Definitely recommend! Five HOT HERO Stars!
queen_of_the_books_18
Oct 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
”Abigail and I were a fairy tail I was foolish to believe in.”

Mary Catherine Gebhard just bought her A game with Heartless hero. All the sobs and all the rage! This story was perfection.

Heartless hero is a different take on bully romances that I’ve previously read because this one is a bodyguard bully romance... I hear you. How can that be possible when a bodyguard is there to protect. Well let me just say two words to you.

THEO HOUND

I wanted to slap his smug face and then drop to my knees for this gu
LianaReads blog
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
How can one write a review for a love story that didn’t supposed to happen but it overcome everything in its way?

“Love is fear. Fearing it can be taken away, but trusting him not to. Jumping into a black abyss without a bungee cord.”

Bulling has and takes so many forms and shapes in life that sometimes even if you don’t want, there’s nothing else to do but accept and live with that life? At least that’s what I feel like many people are struggling with in our days and that’
Mary Gebhard
Aug 18, 2019 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
HEARTESS HERO IS LIVE EARLY!!
Are you ready to curl up with Theo Hound???

There are rules to being Abigail Crowne’s bodyguard, rules to watching the infamous billion dollar heiress otherwise known as the Reject Princess.

Love is off limits, but no one said anything about hate.

AMAZON US: https://amzn.to/35U5HGW
AMAZON UK: https://amzn.to/2MCPUVh
AMAZON CA: https://amzn.to/33VotMl
AMAZON AU: https://amzn.to/2W2owmQ

description

"Up and at-em, Reject.” Theo threw open the windows. Yellow gold morning light assaulted t
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕
heartless-hero

HEARTLESS HERO: Is a full length romance novel by Mary Catherine Gebhard. Spoken in 'Dual Perpectives.' Get ready to meet Theo and Abigail.

𝕴 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝕬𝖇𝖎𝖌𝖆𝖎𝖑 𝕮𝖗𝖔𝖜𝖓𝖊.
𝕱𝖎𝖗𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙𝖊𝖗, 𝖘𝖈𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖑 𝖒𝖆𝖐𝖊𝖗, 𝖙𝖍𝖊 '𝖂𝖎𝖈𝖐𝖊𝖉 𝕭𝖎𝖙𝖈𝖍' 𝖔𝖋 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝕰𝖆𝖘𝖙 𝕮𝖔𝖆𝖘𝖙.

I read this way back in the early process before release and I can't tell you how much I loved this book!! I thought I'd written out my review but nope I hadn't so here goes my late az fuck review!!

This book was completely left field to what I'd previously read by this author. And I remember havi
Tzelina
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
A totally different book of typical bully romance I have already read! The title of the book is describing exactly Theo!!He was a heartless alpha male/bad boy!!! There was so much angst/drama, sometimes it was so brutal, there were so many secrets, but overall there was so much love between Theo and Abigail!! It was excellent written and I totally love it !!
Tanaka K (The Romantic Angel Blog)
“You’d take away your love, wouldn’t you? Because love isn’t a promise, Abigail. It can’t be broken or kept. Real love just is. It exists without consent. It consumes. You’re just like everyone else. Love is something to forget. Love is something to break.”

You know that exciting feeling that you found a certain book that is written for you. A book that meets your criteria in books. A book with a truly addictive story that ties you up knots. A book that makes you insane. I mean, the books that
Dora Koutsoukou
Oct 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 5-amazing-stars
5 ⚡❤⚡❤ 🔥 ❤⚡❤⚡❤🔥🔝👏🔝🔥🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟s❣

He is a dog.
She is a reject.
I am dumbfounded, speechless, astonished, wrecked.

An extremely addictive and intense (bully, friends to enemies to lovers) romance story full of betrayal, lies, broken characters, ploys and tactics, deceit, manipulation and unconditional love.

I will only say that I found the author’s writing exquisite, the characters and the plot were deeply developed with ferocity, fervour, ardour and with many layers.

I have nothing but praise for Heart
ABookLover73
#TEAMTHEOANDABBY4EVER

Five true love stars for Abby and Theo 🖤💛💜!!!

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Always, when I start reading the book by an author from which I didn't read any book before, I have the fear that maybe I will not love the book and the same feeling was about this one.

But, I was wrong and I'm really glad because of that.

This is the first book I've read by Mary Catherine Gebhard and I absolutely loved it!

Her writing style is beautiful and
Taylor Graham
Oct 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh wow!!! This book blew me away!!! If you love bully romance, second chance, enemies to lovers, ANGST! This is the book for you! Heartless Hero was the first book by Mary Catherine Gebhard I’ve read and let me honestly say I will be reading more of her work! I went into this book completely blind. I didn’t read the blurb or anything. So I also advise everyone else to go in blind. I got the full impact of emotions this book throws at you. If you love a cold hearted, a**hole, with a hidden sensit ...more
Michelle
3 stars
I liked some of this book and also didn’t like some of it. I thought about not finishing it several times but decided to just skim some parts and ignore other parts that made me roll my eyes.
Her the reject and him the dog grated my nerves. lol I also didn’t feel the love between these two. I think I would of loved it if we started off with them when they first met:)
Elsa Gomes (BookishAurora)
Rate: 3.5/ 5 stars

Heartless Hero is a hot bully/bodyguard romance but it had a lot of questioning points. I guess you could say I had love/hate relationship with these two and their "relationship". Although I was rooting for them from the get go and hoped like hell they'd get their sh*t together and choose one another over everything else, well... the way they acted towards one another sometimes had me feeling some type of way. Theo was just too darn much of a cruel ahole. Some of the thin
readingsnfeelings
Oct 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Throughout the pages of Heartless Hero, I was an emotional mess. This bully romance slash enemies-to-lovers slash second-chance romance had me pulling my hair more than once. I love bully romance books, however lately there has been too many releases that ended up too similar... so I haven't been really enthralled by any recently. However, this book is different. You are caught into the privileged life of the elite Crowne family and witness first-hand all the betrayals & lies happening back stage.< ...more
TheGuideToRomanceNovels
 photo project_20191002_145853_zpshhuph3ry.jpg
New to me author and books and what an emotional ALL THE FEELS book it was. Even if I am not sure if I did sign up for the ARC or how it came to me, I am glad it did! Check out my FULL REVIEW & MORE on my BLOG -> CLICK HERE
nikki
Oct 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
“Theo Hound was undeniably gorgeous, and was also dead set on ruining me. He was supposed to be my person, and instead he left me like everyone else...Last night I’d trusted him, and once again he’d betrayed me. I’ll never make that mistake again. From this point on, Theo Hound is enemy number one. I don’t care he’s been charged to guard my life. If I let my guard down, he’ll ruin me. I know it.”

I spent a whole evening curled up on the sofa,reading this book and I barely
Whoo Gives A Hoot
* Read more of my reviews at Whoo Gives A Hoot *

description

HOLY SH*T...IT'S OFFICIAL, I AM CALLING IT! Heartless Hero by Mary Catherine Gebhard will go down as one of my favorite bully romances ever! I have been reading a ton of bully romances recently and this one definitely captured my undivided attention right from the beginning and held on tight as I devoured*
Philomena Callan Cheekypee
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: loved-it
I really need to read more by this author as this was a brilliant read.

Truth or Promise.

My heart broke for Abigail as soon as we met her. Her family aren’t nice towards her at all. They didn’t want her messing their plans up so that’s how she ended up with Theo her bodyguard and the man she had a crush on.

No more from me. This is an excellent read. Go on read it. Feel what the author had me feeling. I’d love to hear your thoughts:)
Kandace Denys
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Before I really dive into this review, I have something on my mind. And it will soon be on yours as well, if it’s not already.
Ready?
MCG is an EMOTIONAL TERRORIST. There. I said it. No take backs.

Anyways. What the actual flub just happened to me? Theo is literal perfection. I like my boys mean, and Theo delivers. He’s callous, and unflinching, and stubborn, and so many other things. But under that layer is a whole other side. The guard dog, ever loyal, willing to battle. T
Rhonda Ziglar
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5 TRUTH OR PROMISE STARS!! Wow....My poor heart has been through the ringer with this book. TRUTH.....You must read Theo and Abby's story, they need to tell you what happened. PROMISE.....I promise you will love every word of their story and feel every emotion they have. Mary Catherine Gebhard has written one of the best books I have read this year. You must download and read this book.
BLuvsBooks
Oct 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
“Truth or Promise”
Truth- Amazing. All the feels
Promise- you will love it.

Full RTC
it.sgottabethebooks
Oct 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Mary killed it with Theo and Abigail in Heartless Hero. She had me in so many emotions. The author broke me but was quick to ease the pain although my heart palpitations were no joke. I’m still feeling the effects as I write this review. The hangover I feel is real and I don’t know what to do now that their story is over. MCG takes the bully romance to a whole new level as these adults navigate their way to find a love that they once shared as childhood friends. The lies, betrayal and all the an ...more
Athena
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ 5 STARS

"I'm going to break your heart, and you're going to thank me for it."

Mary Catherine Gebhard...what have you done to me? Parts of this story utterly destroyed me, and now you've left me with a crazy book hangover!

The profound connection between both Theo and Abigail runs deep, through their fear of abandonment and being unwanted. Heartless Hero delves into at least three of my favourite romance tropes: Enemies to lovers, bully, and second chance romance. You are going to l
TheSassyNerdBlog
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Son of a mother fucking bitch.

Alright, I'll say this right now... This review isn't going to be censored... AT ALL. So be warned that I may curse...

I don't know where the fuck to start with this review... Mary, what have you done? My heart, my emotions, my fucking head... It's a mess and it's YOUR fault.

𝐂𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭 𝐌𝐂𝐆 𝐁𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐭𝐮𝐬:

How to put this into words, and make it spoiler-free? Fuckkkkkkk...

Well, here goes...

Theo was an asshole... He was ruthless, he was rough,
heareads
This book deserves all the stars, a truly epic read that had my heart beating so hard.

We start with Abby being reprimanded by her mother (again!), this time, her mistakes are going to cost her. She will now have a bodyguard 24/7 who will ensure she behaves and will keep her in line and out of the press with her scandalous behavior and in walks Theo, her new bodyguard. He’s not new though. Theo and Abby used to be best friends, she rescued him from the streets at a young age and has always loved
Shelves: 2019-arc-reads
I have ZERO words for this review. At least none that will adequately explain what an evil genius MC Gebhard is!! MCG is a new-to-me author and I had my own party last night celebrating the fact that I discovered her and her magnificent writing. Her words are brilliant, bold, and captivating. Her characters are so raw and real that you do not read this book - you LIVE this book!

The story of Theo Hound, the bad boy orphaned bodyguard, and Abigail Crowne, the reject princess, will make
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• Do You Dare? (Truth And Dare Duet, #1)
  • In Peace Lies Havoc (Midnight Mayhem #1)
  • Deviant King (Royal Elite, #1)
  • Between Now and Heartbreak (Forever Trilogy, #2)
  • Underneath the Sycamore Tree
  • Between Now and Forever (Forever Trilogy, #1)
  • A Hurt So Sweet: Volume Two (Elite of Eden Falls Prep #2)
  • Damage
  • Even When I'm Gone (Stay With Me, #2)
  • Breaker
  • Forever My Saint (All The Pretty Things Trilogy, #3)
  • Redemption
  • Break You (Boys of Trinity Hall, #1)
  • Collateral
  • Dreams of 18
  • Stay With Me (Stay With Me, #1)
  • Serenading Heartbreak
  • Noble Savages Box Set
I'm in love with men who stop at nothing for their women, so I write them!

Join my newsletter to get freebies and a FIRST look at my upcoming books
CLICK ME

Join my reader group to chat with me and get exclusive content
CLICK ME

Follow me on Bookbub to be the first to find out on deals

Follow me on Book + Main for first looks & teasers