Start by marking “Seduction on a Snowy Night” as Want to Read:

Seduction on a Snowy Night

This winter, steal away with the reigning queens of Regency Romance... plus one or two dukes, one heiress, and one headstrong beauty—to a surprise snow storm, the comfort of a blazing fire, and the heat of a lover's kisses...

Audible Audio, Unabridged
Published September 24th 2019 by Recorded Books

Jen
This is an anthology with a Christmas theme to it, and it includes three heartwarming, entertaining stories from a trio of well known popular authors in the historical romance genre.

In “A Christmas Abduction” by Madeline Hunter, Caroline has taken it upon herself to abduct a man named Adam whom she feels has wronged her sister. Caroline has taken on the roll has her sister’s protector seeing as her parents are no longer with them. Unfortunately, not all is as it seems to be, and Caroline finds o
aarya
SBTB Review: https://smartbitchestrashybooks.com/2...

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter: D+

A PERFECT MATCH by Sabrina Jeffries: C-

ONE WICKED WINTER NIGHT by Mary Jo Putney: F
Katie Gallagher
For other fun, bookish stuff, visit my blog!
Thank you to NetGalley and Kensington Books for sending me a free advanced reader copy of this book for an honest review. Seduction on a Snowy Night debuted September 24th.

Well, here we are; it’s not yet October and my Christmas ARC reviews are starting to go up. And from the publisher’s side of things, I get it, I get it, but I don’t necessarily have to like it. 😛

So Seduction on a Snowy Night caught my eye because it seemed like a great way to become
Cheryl
Sep 11, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: dnf
Three enjoyable stories set around the Christmas period and concern women who are intelligent and strong minded.
Seduction on a Snowy Night
This features Caroline Dunham who has had to be a strong woman, looking after her father’s estate and caring for her spoilt younger sister. She has a reason for seeking out Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill but things do not go as planned. There are also a few surprises but a very pleasing end.
A Perfect Match
This story also has a strong, clever woman in Miss Cass
Elodie
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION
Madeline Hunter

Blurb : Caroline Dunham has a bone to pick with notorious rake Baron Thornhill—and a creative plan to insure his undivided attention. Yet once in close quarters, she finds herself beholden to their smoldering connection . . .

For a short read, it was an action packed tale with a wonderful duet illuminating the stage.
Adam Prescott has the Christmas holidays all scheduled but everything went awry when he find himself abduct
eyes.2c
Charming Regency Christmas tales.

Three stellar stories bringing that extra taste of Christmas happiness into being for those involved, despite the obstacles that always seem to cut across many of the delightful, and often stubborn protagonists' paths. And yes, snow is involved in all!

A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter
When Baron Thornhill, noted rake, finds himself kidnapped and held in a cottage he's somewhere between annoyed and amused. His captor is a rather unorthodox young woman who ma
Tracy Emro
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a delightful anthology with a Christmas theme and if you follow these authors you will recognize many of the characters from previous books!!

A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter – 4.5 stars – Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill is on his way to celebrate Christmas with his cousin Nigel, the Marquess of Haverdale and if all goes according to plan, he may be announcing his betrothal to a wealthy debutante. But all does not go according to plan and when Adam tries to help a young woman he th
Carvanz
A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter:

Wow, for a novella this had the feel of a much longer book. It was fully developed with engaging characters and a storyline that never felt rushed. I found it especially amusing that a young woman would be the instigator behind the kidnapping of a baron. Waiting to find out why exactly she did such a thing was agonizing and then when it’s revealed, it added to the drama and angst of the story.

description

I loved both Caroline and Adam. This has some great banter betw
Kate McMurry
Jun 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Outstanding anthology with novellas by three talented, bestselling historical romance authors

There are three Regency-romance novellas by bestselling historical romance authors contained in this Christmas-themed anthology. A description of the setup of each novella follows with my opinion of each story below that.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter

Twenty-five-year-old Caroline Dunham belongs to a famous, race-horse-breeding family which has experienced crippling emotional and financial damag
Amelia
Jul 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When I discovered that three of my all-time favorite authors of historical romance were writing stories with a central theme, I was overjoyed. After reading their compelling creations, I have been introduced to spirited characters and entertained by a trio of original storylines. I never doubted for one instant that the imaginative developments were not real, as details seem so accurate while individuals have such credible behavior. Each novella held my full attention, and I could not stop readi ...more
Jessica Grogan
A pretty standard Christmas anthology. This is an easy read for the holidays. Sabrina Jeffries’ novella was my favorite.
Debra Guyette
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
What an amazing collection of stories! Some of romance's best contributed to Seduction on a Snow Night

Madeline Hunter gifts us with A Christmas Abduction where Caroline Dunham devises an excellent scheme to ensure the undivided attention of Baron Thornhill in an effort to obtain some sort of revenge. It does backfire a bit as she finds his attention to be distracting to say the least.

Next up is Sabrina Jeffries with A Perfect Match. Cassandra Isles is whisked away from a ball by Colonel Lord Hey
Becky
This anthology has 3 novellas all taking place during winter. One story each by Madeline Hunter, Sabrina Jeffries, and Mary Jo Putney

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter

The heroine abducts the hero and keeps him hostage due to some information she has about him. Their relationship forms during his 'imprisonment'. There are a few twists and turns in the this story that keep it a bit more interesting.

I think I am the only person that didn't like this story. The premise was definitely different
Sheila Melo
Sep 24, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received this book for free from Netgalley in order to prepare an honest review. This does not affect my opinion of the book or the content of my review.

This is an anthology of three novellas connected only by theme of snow and Christmas holidays.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter: Caroline Dunham abducts Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill intending to bring the notorious rake to heel for his deeds. But Thornhill turns out to be different than she though. I enjoyed this story especially bec
Stephanie (Jump)

A Christmas Abduction by Madelaine Hunter
4 stars. This was my favourite. An interesting premise, the heroine kidnaps the hero, believing he did something bad to her family. The story keeps me interested, but it is always to make the falling in love part believable in a short period like this.

A Perfect Match by Sabrina Jefferies
3 stars. I am a fan of SJ's work, this one was not up to par. The characters were just so obvious, the villain, the heroine being able to see right through it, the cousin
Carole Burant
Aug 29, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Three wonderful novellas written by Madeline Hunter, Sabrina Jeffries and Mary Jo Putney, that all take place around Christmas time. All three authors have such a magical way of writing their stories and these are no exception.

A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter: Caroline abducts Adam and plans to make him pay for what he's done to her sister but plans don't always work out the way you want them to! It doesn't take long before the truth comes out and Adam proves himself to be everything C
Mary Hart
Aug 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

I enjoyed all these stories but especially the first one. A Christmas Abduction:
Caroline adbducts Adam. She believes he is a rake and has ruined her sister. I thought this story was the most realistic. At the end the I understood how dark the villian's plans had been and happily his unveiling was a surprise to me and occured in virtually the last chapter.

The second story: A Perfect Match reminded me a bit of Cyrano de Bergerac. The hero needs an heiress the heroine is hiding her wealt
Kimberly
Reviewed for Wit and Sin

“A Christmas Abduction” by Madeline Hunter
Caroline Dunham’s family once owned a famous racehorse-breeding farm, but their luck has been spiraling downward for years. It’s the last straw when she learns that Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill, has done something unforgivable to a member of her family. What’s a woman to do when she has no options? Abduct the lord in question, of course. Except this supposed villain is nothing like she expected…

“A Christmas Abduction” started
Krystal
NOVELLA 1: A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter

I had a very hard time getting into this story. It started off well enough, even if kidnapping a Baron at gunpoint and holding him hostage was a bit far-fetched. It continued to be interesting, even when said Baron managed to escape his "prison" (in reality an attic room) and yet decided to remain there any way instead of traveling on to his destination.

I even enjoyed the banter between Caroline and Adam. In fact, I admired both her courage and
Jessi
A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter
Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill, is expecting to spend his Christmas at his cousin's house avoiding marriage to an eligible heiress who is after his title. He's not expecting to be kidnapped off the coach and taken to a remote location. He's also surprised that one of the two kidnappers is a woman. A very attractive woman. Either way, he's pretty comfortable because he knows that they are going to be disappointed. No one will pay any sort of ransom for him.
Donna
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Christmas Abduction – Adam Prescott, Baron Thornhill, is on the way to a family Christmas when he is held up and kidnapped by a woman (Caroline) and Jason, a young man who works on her horse farm. Caroline believes he took advantage of her now pregnant sister, Amelia. Snowbound, he realizes she’s had some troubles on the farm and helps her. I enjoyed this very good short story with twists and turns.

A Perfect Match – Miss Cassandra Isles is repulsed by the handsome Capt. Lionel Malet who escort
Norah Gibbons
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I received an ARC of this book to read through NetGalley in exchange for a fair review. Seduction On A Snowy Night is a Christmas themed collection of 3 historical romance novellas by authors Madeline Hunter, Sabrina Jeffries, and Mary Jo Putney. Two of the novellas are part of series by the authors but I do think this book can be read as a stand-alone, although you will most likely wish to read the series once you read these novellas. The stories include a second chance at love story, one about ...more
Norah Gibbons
Sep 22, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Amy Alvis
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter - 4 stars

Adam finds himself abducted on the way to his cousin's for Christmas. He has no money, so can't imagine that they want to ransom him. Caroline has a bone to pick with the baron, and has decided to keep him at her home until he gives into what she demands. But what happens when she starts to see a different side to him?

I really enjoyed this quick read. Watching Adam and Caroline's antics had me laughing out loud. A great way to spend a cold winter
Rolé
Oct 01, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance
Three separate novellas by three authors I regularly read and like. I really enjoyed being able to read all three together. Usually I’m not a huge fan of novellas and these ones all had that element of a too-fast romance out of necessity. The last book, One Wicked Night, featured two people who had known and loved each other years before, but couldn’t be together for various reasons, and now they have the chance to find love again. This one is more believable regarding the romance part of the st ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Seduction on a Snowy Night by Mary Jo Putney; Madeline Hunter; Sabrina Jeffries is a three book box set totaling 320 pages. Each story was a great quick holiday story fix that warmed your heart. I love box sets like this that give you a chance to meet a new author or if like me gives me another story by a favorite author. Enjoyed each story. These are the books that you get in this set.
A PERFECT MATCH by Sabrina Jeffries
ONE WICKED WINTER NIGHT by Mary Jo
Suzette
Sep 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love Matches

Three wonderfully warm stories from three magnificent authors. All three stories showcase a love found at Christmas time. The first comes about through a kidnapping gone wrong. The second involves an abduction for safety. The third involves kidnapping a cat to rekindle an old flame. All three are delightful as the men use their considerable charm and talents to snare their lady loves.
Dot Salvagin
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Descriptions from Amazon:
A CHRISTMAS ABDUCTION by Madeline Hunter

Deet's review: He was on his way to his brother's estate for Christmas and to secure a wealthy wife . Caroline kidnapped him and took him to her crumbling estate because ...well, let's just say she had a reason. But that
Christy
Aug 25, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
An early Christmas present from Kensington Books that gives the gift of three novellas from three great romance authors.

A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter
Believing notorious rake Baron Thornhill has comprised her little sister, Caroline Dunham decides to kidnap him to force him to do the right thing. During his confinement, he begins to find purpose in his life and she finds a friend to help bring her family’s horse farm back from near ruin. Then, her sister arrives…

A Perfect Match by Sabr
Susan
A Christmas Abduction by Madeline Hunter

Good story. Adam is on his way to his cousin's house for Christmas. He's not enthused about it as he is expected to announce his engagement to a woman he doesn't particularly like. However, it is an alliance thing, and he'll take one for the f
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Madeline Hunter is a nationally bestselling author of historical romances who lives in Pennsylvania with her husband and two sons. Her books have won two RITA awards and seven nominations, and have had three starred reviews in Publishers Weekly. In a parallel existence to the one she enjoys as a novelist, Madeline has a Ph.D. in art history and teaches at an East Coast university.