Start by marking “Henderbell: The Shadow of Saint Nicholas” as Want to Read:
Henderbell: The Shadow of Saint Nicholas

Henderbell: The Shadow of Saint Nicholas

"Maybe this was the reason why I always felt like an outsider growing up. I never belonged in the ordinary. I was born to live amidst magic." Enzo Griffin

Enzo and Ava Griffin never expected to face their worst nightmare on Christmas eve. Though they always dreamed of magic, they never thought of its actual existence, and the consequence it carries. During a violent snow
Published November 11th 2019 by Pages We Love

To ask other readers questions about Henderbell, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Henderbell

Start your review of Henderbell: The Shadow of Saint Nicholas
Sasha Alsberg
Sep 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If you love Narnia, then this is the perfect read for you! It has really great twists and turns throughout, including the ending which left me SHOOK!
Elizabeth Sagan
Oct 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Review coming soon.
Taran Matharu
Sep 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Narnia with teeth! J.D.’s somber and atmospheric style shines through in this book. The ending will keep you guessing!
Elizabeth Bravo
The kidnapping of Saint Nicholas. A curse placed on his bloodline. The world of Henderbell awaits.

Let me start of by saying J.D. Netto did it again. A masterpiece of a book . From the very first sentence to the very last. I was sucked into the world of Henderbell. A story around Christmas who doesn't love Christmas.
Just an FYI you might need some tissues. I know I did.
I highly recommend you reading Henderbell. It's an amazing story.

I recommend
10/10
Fidelia Nerina
Aug 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone

Just the first chapter I couldn't help but fall in love with the story. From the moment I began to read to the moment I finished. I couldn't stop reading. The first chapter had me hooked. It's written in a way that makes you curious about what will happen next, but not drag on and make you wait too long. Once you go to the world of Henderbell, you experience and learn about a whole new world. You
Hayle Frantz
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I just finished Henderbell and there is one thing I need to say to JD Netto. I NEED MORE NOW!! That cliffhanger was NOT OKAY!!

This book was SO good! I literally read it in 24 hours. Now there are some minor errors such as typos and a word being used wrong multiple times but hey it’s fine!

If you are looking for a great fantasy book to read, this is the book for you! It captures you from the first chapter. AND THE PLOT TWISTS! Yall. Mind blown. Was not prepared in the slightest ! Just read it
Emily Morgan
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book! JD, you did a phenomenal job! It had me on tender hooks the whole way through! The best way I think I can describe this book is Narnia meets The Santa Clause meets Harry Potter, without all of the fluffy nonsense. It is definitely not your average Christmas story. And that ending! What a way to close a book. I needed a whole pack of tissues and I had to read the last page at least half a dozen times before I was certain I had read it right. Can I get another one now please?!
Emma Crowley
Mahrosh
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AH...!
'HENDERBELL'

Another Magical World u would never want to leave. Honestly! J. D. is so cruel he know how to MURDER a Reader. I am still screaming After a week. Every Character is so (you Know) Heart touching.
It got me hooked from the 1st chapter and even in the middle I thought I spoiled myself then something sooo twisted happened and I was startled for an hour. It has really great twisted story. You guys gonna love AVA and DOOPAR soo much believe me.

P.S: J.D I want 400 pages in book 2.
Evy
Nov 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was given a free eARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!

This book and it’s ending left me shook. I know it’s about the kidnapping of Saint Nicholas so you’d think it’s the perfect Christmastime read, and it is, but it’s also definitely a spine-tingling, chilling and all around spooky read with amazing world building and lovely scenic descriptions.

SPOILER-FREE SUMMARY
When Enzo and Ava are sent to their grandparents house in Dorchester for Christmas, they are just happy to get away
Allyson King
Nov 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition

JD Netto has a gift of writing effortlessly. A hard thing to achieve as he so clearly crafts a narrative. The story feels real and almost like you are plopped into the place of the lead character. Experiencing it but somehow being a bystander stuck in the beautiful chasm of plot. Netto knows how to let a story be told. A great voice in fantasy especially with his true love for narrative. Part of the reason henderbell draws you in- is the almost familiar beginning of narrative. You lock in
Giuliana Evangelista
Henderbell is a story full of mirth, adventure, and magic. For readers who enjoy magic infused with a little suspense, this is for you! This story revolves the lives of two children who have been thrown into a world their family tried to keep away from them. Ava and Enzo were sent away for Christmas when a mysterious creature took their grandparents days before the big holiday. The duo decide to go look for them and when they find a whole different world, every perspective is changed.

It was a
Mackenzie Whitehouse
Okay, I have so many things to say about this novel, but I’d first like to thank J. D. Netto for sending me an ARC of this book to review for you guys!
If you’re fans of Narnia, Lord of the Rings and Christmas... this book is for you! Now on to the good stuff!
I don’t even know where to begin... This book follows Enzo and Ava Griffin as they get pushed into an unknown world where they have to make life altering choices to help them find their grandparents, save Henderbell, as well as Henderbell’
Kay  (mamabear_reads)
I want to say a very huge thank you to @jdnetto for letting me read and review an early copy of Henderbell!

After an eerie being called Shadow Spirits kidnap both of their grandparents, vanishing into a portal found on the bark of a tree,
Enzo and Ava Griffin discover Henderbell, a world full of magic, wonder, and secrets.
I'd describe this book as Narnia with a twist!
I loved the adventure, magic, and danger in this book.
The characters were so detailed and vivid I felt like I could see them!
ScriptiCat
Oct 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to read an ARC of this and I absolutely LOVED this book, so much that I read it in one sitting. The author JD Netto is seriously talented. His world and character building are fantastic. I was on the edge of my seat and definitely recommend this read!
Johannes
Oct 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
WOW!

A cursed bloodline. Strong enemies and much magic.

The world of Henderbell will catch you and won't let you go till you finish reading.
The writing of the author is fluid and the plot will fascinate you immediately!
This book is a "Must-Read" for every fantasylover.
Mike
Oct 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An awesome read! This book is very well written, kept me turning pages! JD Netto did a great job character building and always making me want more! The story was easy to follow and as I read it, I could actually see the world and the characters JD created, in my head! AWESOME!!!!
Felicia Snook
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I couldn’t put it down! This story was amazing from start to finish. I love anything magic but to get a background of Saint Nicholas that isn’t just some fairytale with a happy ending? I can’t wait for book 2, I’ll be over here impatiently waiting!
Andrea Rosa
Nov 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Hooked from page one! This book takes you on Christmas journey like no other. J.D. Netto creates a beautiful world filled with adventure, wonderment, and leaves you wanting more. An amazing read you will not be able to put down! Five out of five stars!!!
Lisa
Nov 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
J.D. Netto introduces us to the magical world of Henderbell and its characters. The book is an interesting and thrilling experience! I would definitely recommend this book!
Élodie
Nov 04, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was lucky enough to have the chance to read an eARC of Henderbell: The Shadow of Saint Nicholas, which was very exciting to me as it was the first ARC of any sort that I’ve gotten the chance to read and review. So, thank you very much for the opportunity, J.D! Henderbell will always hold a special place in my heart just for that fact alone.

Now, onto my review…

Personally, I had a lot of fun reading this novel. It was a quick read that reminded me very much of the Narnia series in that it
Melissa Anderson
This book, it's like Narnia meets The Dark is Rising with Christmas and St. Nick. Also, so dark and violent. All of this equals a fantastically epic story. Siblings Enzo and Ava Griffin have a troubled home life. Their parents are always fighting and quite violently. This began four years previous after an argument between their grandparents and parents. Their once happy family was no more. After a particularly nasty argument it is decided that Enzo and Ava would spend Christmas with their ...more
Michelle Villa
Oct 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I had the amazing privilege of receiving this ARC copy for free in exchange for an honest review.

I was completely enchanted with this amazing story from chapter one. The detail that is put into the world is remarkable. I found it very easy to imagine every detail and sound in my mind as I read on. Also, the intensity of the emotions that were felt made me feel every emotion all the characters felt.
Erin Trump
Nov 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019
Amazing adventure awaits

I loved this book, it’s something different & new. I loved getting to know all of the characters, and seeing the world of Henderbell. And that ending....... mind blown!
Dey Linaldi
Dec 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow, I have no words to describe this book, it has all i needed in a book, it filled me with adventures, amazing new characters and Christmas spirit, i couldn’t choose a better time to read this book. This book definitely made me so happy.
Desiree (thebookof_desi)
This is the most unique and amazing Christmas inspired book that I have ever read and I loved it!! I was at the edge of my seat the whole time! It is a fun and easy read with many great inspirational quotes!! 5/5 ...more
Stephanie Sarac
Dec 08, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
If you are like me and don't read contemporary too often but wanted a holiday book, then this book is for you. I was so excited to find a fantasy Christmas book. The story itself is a great story and I loved it. It would have been a five star read if the editing was better.
ivy
Dec 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was the perfect Christmas read for Fantasy fans. Can't wait for book two!
Debbi Smith
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great fantasy

I really enjoyed this book, with its new concept of Saint Nicholas. I really wish part 2 was already out
Amanda Pecotte
Dec 10, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I would highly recommend reading this

• Winterwood
  • The Bone Houses
  • Catch and Kill: Lies, Spies, and a Conspiracy to Protect Predators
  • Zenith (The Androma Saga #1)
  • Welcome to Shadowhunter Academy (Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy, #1)
  • Wolf Hunt
  • A Royal Shade of Blue (Modern Royals #1)
  • Wolf Hunt 2
  • Beauty and the Billionaire (Dirty Fairy Tales #1)
  • The Kill Club
  • Ana's Story: A Journey of Hope
  • Call Down the Hawk (Dreamer, #1)
  • The One Last Kiss (Bad Boy, #1)
  • One Last Kiss
  • Every Last Kiss (The Bloodstone Saga, #1)
  • Dark Wolf (Spirit Wild, #1)
  • The Girl from the Well (The Girl from the Well, #1)
  • His Dark Bond (Fallen, #2)
Born in a small town in Brazil, J.D. relocated to the United States when he was eleven years old. At an early age, J.D. discovered his passion for fantasy stories and alternate universes. His first book series, The Whispers of the Fallen, has captivated readers around the world, becoming a prominent voice in young adult fantasy. He's also the founder of the Saved by the Page movement.

J.D. Netto is
“The world we see in our minds become our reality. Yes, we have to fight against darkness every once in a while, but those who persevere get their reward.” 1 likes
“The value of something isn't lost because its appearance is old. It's the heart that's the most previous treasure of all.” 1 likes