Start by marking “Someone to Hold Me (The Gods Made Me Do It #6)” as Want to Read:
Someone to Hold Me (The Gods Made Me Do It #6)

Someone to Hold Me

(The Gods Made Me Do It #6)

Someone to Hold Me. The Gods Made Me Do It #6

(Can be read as a standalone)

Hades, Lord of the Underworld, has spent years searching the world for his Fated Mate. He's watched his brother and nephews find their "light" and yet he can't find his. On the verge of giving up hope, Hades attends his brother Poseidon's wedding; so outside his comfort zone, but his discomfort
Published August 11th 2019

To ask other readers questions about Someone to Hold Me, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Someone to Hold Me

Start your review of Someone to Hold Me (The Gods Made Me Do It #6)
~Volha~
Aug 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Such a sweet story about a lonely God finding his mate. This story was about putting things to right for both Hades and Ali. Both of them suffered due to their families neglect, and they both needed someone to stand up for them. All through history, Persephone is portrayed as a poor dear stolen into the depth of Underworld, a kind lady who suffers from her Fate dutifully while Hades is looked at as the evil mastermind who made off with a beautiful innocent maiden and took her to his liar to be ...more
Relly
Loved it

4.5

I really enjoyed this one. It didn’t feel action packed but I also wasn’t bored at anytime.

I felt for Hades and the loneliness he felt. The weight of his job really affected him and his interactions with others as he believed everyone was scared of him. He got the short end of the stick with his family and no one really stuck up for him or thought about what his life was like. Sei changed once he was made aware of it, but until then it wasn’t really thought about. I loved that
Morgan Scott
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So beautiful

I don't even have the words do describe this book and how it made me feel. My heart was so happy that there was not as much that would cause sadness, but more that would make it feel like the sun was shining. I felt so much love and throughout every part my heart was jumping for joy between Hades and Ali. They both deserve happiness and I am so glad they found it. This is by far one of the best books I've ever read and I can't wait for more from this incredible author!
John-Torleif  Harris
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Poignant and sweet

Ali was the absolute last person that I was expecting for Hades, but he was perfect. He never once hesitated to share his love for Hades, and he was never intimidated by his mate's past. I really have to wonder who Zeus will end up with, or if we'll ever get to meet him.
Ute Reichmann
Aug 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved, loved, loved this book. Hades and Ali are so sweet together. I appreciated, how Ali helped Hades with his work. Poor Ali and his wretched family. I loved the way, how Poseidon arranged the mating party for them with part of the family. And the babies, who are to come now the Fates made a decision. I enjoyed this book so much. Now I'm waiting for Baby's book.
I highly, highly recommend this book.
Kandi
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it
Couple Goals

Hades and Ali were such a great couple. Love how strong Ali is. Author did a great job of not falling into the smaller twink gay man stereotype, which is rare and very much appreciated. I love how Hades was portrayed, as a person who is good, but judged due to his crappy job, and no one taking time to get to know him. As a couple, they complimented each other well.
This is a lower angst level book then this author usually writes, but it was still really good. This author continues to
Kaye
Loved this!

What a lovely surprise to find this book available for purchase this morning.

Lisa doesn't disappoint with her latest installment in the Gods Made Me Do It series.

Ali is a shifter with a beautiful heart and soul and has a strength of character that is admirable and a perfect complement to Hades.

Hades' existence has been interminably long and lonely. His realm and role has meant no friends or companionship but all that changes at Sei's mating ceremony.

Both main characters are well
Amber Clarke
Wonderful!

I have been waiting for Hades story and Ali is honestly one of your best characters in my opinion (other than Luke). As much as I appreciate some angst I also appreciate it when the characters can just come together like they did for these too. I smiled the whole time while reading it. Thank you again for a great story!
Tina
Jan 10, 2020 rated it really liked it
Someone to Hold Me by author Lisa Oliver is the 6th book in the Gods Made Me Do It series. This installment to the series can be read as a standalone. I would highly suggest reading them in order though. I think that is the best experience you do meet men you have gotten to know and get to see where they are now.
I am also gonna mention this is my least favorite series by Ms. Oliver. It just lacks the connection and sparks some of her other series have that make me want to read them. This story
Bex 'n' Books
Dec 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
In search of his Fated Mate, Hades, Lord of the Underworld, is introduced as a lonely soul who's yearning for affection and companionship. Meanwhile, Ali, a fabulously adorable man and squirrel shifter, is looking for peace and quiet in a society filled with bullies and a family who have shunned him.

Ali and Hades together make for a wonderful couple. Their love and connection are palpable, and their dynamics are fun to watch unfold as they learn how to connect and communicate.

Lisa Oliver has
llv
Rating: 4.5 stars
One of my favorite of the series so far. I had been looking forward to Hades’ story and it didn’t disappoint. I really felt bad for him and what he goes through. His lonely existence and having to deal with the lowest of low. It was good to read about him finding his HEA with his mate. I loved Ari and thought he was the perfect mate for Hades. I loved how he stood up for Hades and helped him with his self-esteem issues. All in all, a highly entertaining book that I really
Avril
Aug 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
Great addition to the series

As always, a wonderful story from. Ms. Oliver.
In this story we finally learn more about Hades, and the way Ms. Oliver portrayed what that poor God must go through was brilliant and a well thought out fictitious interpretation of the Gods myth.
An enjoyable and sometimes sizzling hot read, tempered with tender moments, just made it even better. 4 1/2 s because of some minor errors in grammar.
Jacqueleen ♡
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
It's a Lisa Oliver book and if you've made it to #6 in this series you're likely a fan of her writing.

It's Hades turn to find love and it turns out he's a total marshmellow when it comes to his mate Ali. He was so sweet and insecure, nothing like one would expect the god of the underworld. This was actually much of the books plotline, how Hades isn't what he appears and the loneliness he has experienced since he began ruling the underworld.

Ali was the perfect mate for Hades. He may have been
Susan Reeves
Great Book

As always with a Lisa Oliver story, this one is great. Her stories make me smile, laugh and sometimes even cry. Her characters are strong. Her hero's good and kind. I have read all her books, some of them many times over. You can count on a good read every time with Lisa.
Samantha Foster
Love, love, love

As always a absolutely amazing read. I eagerly anticipated this book and it didnt disappoint. Hades had so much more to him than I could have expected and I expected alot. Ali was the perfect ray of sunshine to brighten and improve his life. This book had me running the range of emotions. And I adored it. Cant wait for the next.
Sharon Gatus
Another great read

I love this series and this latest installment has become my new favourite. Ali was such a sweet mate and Hades needed that sweetness. The usual crew of gods doing what they do, Lisa Oliver has created a wonderful world and I cant wait for the next one. Absolutely fabulous.
Nicola Wasley
Hades and Ali

Hades finally meets his mate. Someone who is perfect for him. Ali brings sunlight into the underworld.

This is another wonderful book in the Gods made me do it series. Lisa Oliver you have out done yourself with this one. Highly recommend this boo, series and author
Spriggy
Aug 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I always enjoy Lisa's stories. This was a fun story, continuing the series. I would recommend starting at the beginning of the series, you won't regret it.

This series is a spin-off of the Cloverleah series, with crossover characters. This was a very enjoyable story, tying up a few loose ends from previous stories.
Aly Jones
Jan 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Really love this book, and Ali is so cute how he sticks up for is partner It is so good and love the animal he shifts into,And Hades he is so big and strong and yet has such a soft heart and so insecure at times it was good to see him get His mate who gives him the support he needs. Going on to the next book now can’t wait to see what happens yet again lisa Oliver has done a great job this the story. ...more
Donald Rioux
Most Excellent book

Lisa Oliver did a fantastic job with this book. I couldn't put it down. I will be re-reading all her God's book again and again just like all of her other books. Best author ever. Thanks Lisa.
Lisa
Aug 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Loved this and love this series

This series has some of my favorite books to read and reread. I love the characters, they’re funny and fun to read. As always, I can’t wait for the next one.
Winks
Winner

This is another amazing book, by Lisa ! I have been waiting for Hades story for a while and she did a fabulous job with this story! Ali is the perfect mate for him and I love the surprise in there too!!!
Sabella
Hades’ perfect mate

Ali is the perfect mate for Hades. He is light and happiness which will provide Hades with the light he needs in the Underworld. I absolutely love seeing others and getting little updates from their lives. And chipmunk?! How adorable is that.
Monica
Amazing! Absolutely amazing!

Amazing! Absolutely amazing! Such a wonderfully put together story! I love all of Lisa's and this one doesn't disappoint at all! Love Hades and the spunky Ali! Perfect for each other!
Denise White
Another winner

I just love this series... I totally loved Ali and Hades and I'm glad they came together with no bull and was just there for one another ...Can't wait for Baby's book!!
Wanda Miner
Great as always!

As usual the author wrote a great story and I can’t wait for the next book. I enjoy all of her series and this is one of my favorites and it interweaves characters from her Cloverleah series. These stories can be addictive.
Leigh
Love this series

OMG Ali is all kinds of adorable, sweet, and feisty. And I totally love him. He was the perfect match for Hades who needed light and happiness in his life. I cannot wait for Baby's book.
MRS A J BROWN
Aug 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lovely!!

I'm a sucker for a happy ending, especially with sweet and sexy mc's! I really loved this series and have been hoping Hades was going to get his story, and here it is. Thanks to Lisa for bringing so much joy into the world!
Annie Elm
Dec 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great pairing

These books are so entertaining and easy to like. I love the shifters and the gods and that the Fates always finds the mate they need.
And it's frickin adorable that Hades got a chipmunk shifter in Ali.

Can't wait for Babys story
Kim
Another great book

Lisa Oliver's 60th book is another great read. Her books just keep geting better. This series involving Gods and their mates is just another example of her brilliant talents as a writer. I highly recommend you try out both this series and all her other books.

• Family Ties (The Family Novak #1)
  • Pure (Trenton Security #4)
  • Fraught (Alphabits #7)
  • The Art of Death (Pittsburgh Vampires #11)
  • Stone and Steel (Vampires of Blood and Bones #2)
  • Die Pretty (Vampires of Blood and Bones #3)
  • Once Bitten (Javier Coven, #1)
  • Vying for His Affection (A Loving Nip #19)
  • White Knight (Blackwood Pack #8)
  • Harvey and His Bunny
  • Nothing Gained (The Chosen One, #4)
  • Kept in the Dark (Locke and Keyes Agency, #1)
  • Calling in a Recker (Chosen #26)
  • A Vampire for His Own (A Paranormal's Love, #27)
  • Creatures of Habit (Chosen #27)
  • Unraveling the Omega (Hobson Hills Omegas #6)
  • Walk Tall (Assassin's Claws, #1)
  • Suffer the Knight (Dragon's Blood M.C. #11)
Lisa Oliver had been writing non-fiction books for years when visions of half dressed, buff men started invading her dreams. Unable to resist the lure of her stories, Lisa decided to switch to fiction books, and now stories about her men clamor to get out from under her fingertips.
When Lisa is not writing, she is usually reading with a cup of tea always at hand. Her grown children and

The Gods Made Me Do It (7 books)
  • Get Over It (The Gods Made Me Do It, #1)
  • You've Got To Be Kidding Me (The Gods Made Me Do It, #2)
  • Don't Fight It (The Gods Made Me Do It #3)
  • Riding the Storm (The Gods Made Me Do It #4)
  • I Can See You (The Gods Made Me Do It #5)
  • You'll Know in Your Heart (The Gods Made Me Do It #7)