Start by marking “Baloney and Friends” as Want to Read:
Baloney and Friends

Baloney and Friends

Meet Baloney! This book is about him. And also Peanut the horse, his best friend. There's Bizz the bumblebee, too, of course. And Krabbit. He'd rather not be here, but what can you do?
In this graphic novel for young readers, watch our pig protagonist perform some questionable magic, cheer him on as he braves the swimming pool, and root for Baloney and his friends when a
Expected publication: April 14th 2020 by Disney-Hyperion

To ask other readers questions about Baloney and Friends, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Baloney and Friends

Start your review of Baloney and Friends
Meghan
Jan 11, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: library
This book was received as an ARC from Disney Book Group - Disney-Hyperion in exchange for an honest review. Opinions and thoughts expressed in this review are completely my own.

I was smiling from ear to ear throughout the book and I was so fascinated by the hysterical stories including the magic show and the reactions to all of the characters that I could not stop laughing and wanting to read more and more. I also love the drawings and illustrations here in the book that they totally relate to
Bristol Library
Oct 30, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: graphic-novels
Baloney and Friends, the newest book by Geisel Medalist author Greg Pizzoli, is sure to be a hit with emerging readers. The book is comprised of several short stories told in comic format. The four animal characters are simply and colorfully illustrated.

Readers who aspire to popular graphic novel series, but aren't quite ready will find their happy place in this story. The last comic encourages readers to re-read the text, which is beneficial to both parents and teachers who struggle with kids
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
This is one of those silly stories that are so fun for kids to read. Baloney breaks the fourth wall, and leaves it broken, as he tells stories about he and his friends, from doing lame magic, to being afraid to go into a wading pool to what being blue means.

Baloney is the pig, Peanut is the horse, Bizz is the bee, and Krabbit is the cranky rabbit.

All lovable in their own ways, and totally relatable to kids, because, who hasn't tried to do magic trips that don't quite work, or learned to swim,
That One Librarian
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Ever since Elephant & Piggie entered the field of early readers, they've set the standard for both interest and quality. Even though the duo has technically retired, their legacy lives on through the Elephant & Piggie Like Reading series. Baloney and Friends follows this standard with bold, clean illustrations, flat swaths bright color, and cheeky conversation. While this isn't quite as successful as its model, those who enjoy Elephant & Piggie will likely find much to enjoy here. A ...more
Lynn
Jan 12, 2020 rated it really liked it
A cartoon-style graphic easy book for beginning readers with 3 chapters and 2 shorter ones that are introduction and closing. Lots of visual clues in the funny illustrations, color-coded speech bubbles and jokes perfect for the early reader set. Simple vocabulary that repeats and 4 charming characters who all get turns. Feeling Blue was particularly well done with some real depth and I was most fond of the Magic Trick story ;-)

Back matter includes instructions on how to draw the characters.

A
Amber Webb
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our house loved Greg Pizzoli, so when we say a new title by him, we were pumped. Then we opened this set of graphic novellas about Baloney and his friends and we could not have been happier! Baloney is the narrator who is trying to tell the stories, but his friends have a way of taking over every story and it is hilarious. Kids will love the humor, the illustrations and the adventures the friends engage in. We hope that Baloney has more coming our way!
Danielle Masterson
Dec 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to Edelweiss and the publisher for this eARC. I love Greg Pizzoli’s illustrations. Baloney and friends did not disappoint — they are adorable. The stories are cute, from what I could tell. I read this on a Kindle & the pages were out of order. I still really enjoyed the pages and am looking forward to seeing the final published version.
Mary
Nov 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
I really enjoyed this easy graphic novel. It will be great to hand to younger children that are still getting the hang of chapter books who want to delve into graphic novels. The art was cute with great colors. The stories were funny and just long enough. I look forward to more adventures of Baloney and his friends. I'd hand this to children reading at a 2nd-3rd grade level. #Netgalley
Rhiannon Hunt
Oct 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I read this book on my kindle paper white which I think was a mistake. It came out of order and hard to read. I think the kids will love it, though I feel there wasn’t a lot of action. It probably wouldn’t make a great read aloud, but the kids would enjoy it as a quick read, and the pictures are cute.
Dontreadlikethem
Jan 19, 2020 rated it really liked it
Baloney and Friends is a perfect start for future graphic novel readers. This is a perfect book for beginning readers. Since the characters are so silly it would also be perfect for a reluctant reader. Get ready to laugh and giggle with children ages 5-9.
Becky
Jan 17, 2020 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this cute,funny graphic novel told in short chapters. The how-to-draw pages in the back will make for an extra bonus which kids will appreciate.
Jesica DeHart
Nov 03, 2019 rated it it was amazing
All the personalities show up for the antics in this comedic early reader book that showcases emotions, humor, friendship and it is hands down irrisistable!
Angie  Moore
Dec 06, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: arcs-previews
What a cute book! This book is so much fun and is filled with lively illustrations. This will be a great read for the littles who are fans of Elephant & Piggie. The addition of "chapters" will help encourage readers who are not quite ready for chapter books and help them feel successful. Overall though, this is just a fun book! Thank you NetGalley for the E-arc
Academianut

• Anna & Samia: The True Story of Saving a Black Rhino
  • The Family Upstairs
  • More to the Story
  • Paper Son: The Inspiring Story of Tyrus Wong, Immigrant and Artist
  • 16 Words: William Carlos Williams & "the Red Wheelbarrow"
  • Goodnight, Veggies
  • Nonsense! The Curious Story of Edward Gorey
  • Coraline
  • The Van Apfel Girls Are Gone
  • White Rose
  • Gone, Baby, Gone (Kenzie & Gennaro, #4)
  • A Revolução dos Bichos
  • Out of This World: The Surreal Art of Leonora Carrington
  • The Truth About Hawks
  • Feed Your Mind: A Story of August Wilson
  • What Do You Do If You Work at the Zoo?
Greg Pizzoli is the author and illustrator of The Watermelon Seed, winner of the Theodor Seuss Geisel Award, Number One Sam, Templeton Gets His Wish, Tricky Vic: The Impossibly True Story of the Man Who Sold the Eiffel Tower, and coming in April 2016, Good Night Owl. He lives in Philadelphia.