Start by marking “Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch” as Want to Read:
Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch

Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch

A charming new middle-grade fantasy adventure, about a young witch whose pinch of magic just might be more than enough, perfect for fans of Kiki's Delivery Service and Aru Shah and the End of Time.

Sometimes all you need is a pinch of magic...

Eva Evergreen is determined to earn the rank of Novice Witch before she turns thirteen years old. If she doesn't, she'll lose her
Expected publication: August 4th 2020 by Little, Brown Books for Young Readers

To ask other readers questions about Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch

Start your review of Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch
Kathie
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2020-08
Thank you to the author and publisher for sending an ARC of this book to #bookportage.

Eva was late to get her magical gift, and when it showed up, she got just a touch of magic. Many around her don't believe she's worthy of being called a witch, but she's determined to fight to keep what magic she does have, and gain her status as a Novice witch. When she arrives in the coastal town of Auteri, the townspeople are disappointed that she's not an experienced witch that's come to help them prepare
delph ✨
Jan 03, 2020 rated it really liked it
Full review on my blog: here

EVA EVERGREEN is the story of this girl, EVA, who only has a pinch of magic. She departs from her town, to carry out a quest and become a novice witch. But even if Eva has the best intentions, she discovers that she’s not welcomed in the town she’s supposed to help and on top of that, the Culling (a magical storm) is coming and she has to do something about it.

Julie Abe wrote an enchanting and whimsical story. She has such a way with words it made me wish I could jump
Annie
Jan 18, 2020 rated it really liked it
4.5. When the synopsis for the book mentioned Kiki, who is one of my all-time favorite characters, I knew that I had to pick this up. This whole story is incredibly adorable. Eva shows great strength of character in pursuing her dreams of being a witch, even when she only has a pinch of magic. I felt happy the whole time I read this and am excited that it sets up the story for a series. Looking forward to reading more about Eva and Ember in the future.
Brianna
Dec 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
With an ominous storm brewing that may destroy the entire realm, Eva Evergreen sets out to save a town and pass her Novice Quest! The only problem this new witch has is that she's only semi-magical, but she may discover that finding your inner strength is more important than any magic! I can't wait to introduce my middle school to this clever, sweet, and inspiring book!
Celia McMahon
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
For such a long time I wished that someone would write a book sorta like Kiki's Delivery Service; a book similar to the magic I felt watching it for the first time, but not so close as to be a carbon copy. THIS IS THE BOOK, EVERYONE!!!

Eva is semi-magical which causes a ton of problems. She's almost not even let in the Novice Witch trial and to top it off, she ends up in a town she may not even know is hers. Because you see, to complete her quest to become a Novice, she ust stay in a town for one
Debbi Florence
Dec 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a magical read! I loved Eva Evergreen and cheered her on as she embarked on her quest. I'm definitely buying a copy when this book releases in 2020!
Niki
Jan 21, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Thank you to the publisher for sharing an ARC with our book sharing group, Book Portage.

Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch is an awesome middle grade fantasy novel due out in August 2020. It is a sweet story of a young witch on her apprentice quest, determined to prove her semi-witchness is enough. She needs to prove it to herself, those that doubt her back home, and to her new town that desperately needs her to “do good”.

Solid 5 stars for Eva Evergreen, Semi-Magical Witch. I highly recommend it
Celesta Rimington
Nov 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: middle-grade, fantasy
I received an ARC of this book and am in no way obligated to post a review. This book definitely lives up to its enchanting, vibrant, and magical cover. The narrative is all of those things! I was charmed by Eva and the details of the world Julie Abe has created. This is one to buy and makes a great read-aloud. Fans of Kiki's Delivery Service will love it!
Lauren
Jan 19, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kids-mid-grade
4.5 stars - the only issue I had was its similarity on the most basic plot level to Kiki’s Delivery Service. Other than that it was well written and will appeal to 8-13 year olds who love underdog magical stories.
Janday
I read an advance reader's copy that I obtained as an employee of Hachette Book Group
Shanese La'tia M
Kate O'Shaughnessy
Sep 25, 2019
K
Jan 11, 2020

• Loveboat, Taipei (Loveboat, Taipei, #1)
  • The Elephant's Girl
  • The Case of the Missing Auntie
  • Bringing Down the Duke (A League of Extraordinary Women, #1)
  • Gargantis (Malamander, #2)
  • The Power of Breathwork: Simple Practices to Promote Wellbeing
  • Black Cloud, Vol. 1: No Exit
  • Don't Date Rosa Santos
  • Together We Caught Fire
  • A Pinch of Magic
  • Wilder Girls
  • Property of the Rebel Librarian
  • The Forest of Stars
  • Curse of the Night Witch (Emblem Island, #1)
  • The Southern Book Club's Guide to Slaying Vampires
  • Mooncakes
  • The Long Call (Two Rivers, #1)
  • Breakout
Julie Abe is the author of EVA EVERGREEN, SEMI-MAGICAL WITCH, releasing in 2020 (Little, Brown Young Readers) and the second book in the series, releasing 2021. She has lived in Silicon Valley, spent many humid summers in Japan, and currently basks in the sunshine of Southern California with never enough books or tea, where she creates stories about magical adventures.