Start by marking “You'd Be Mine: A Novel” as Want to Read:
You'd Be Mine: A Novel

You'd Be Mine: A Novel

Annie Mathers is America’s sweetheart and heir to a country music legacy full of all the things her Gran warned her about. Superstar Clay Coolidge is most definitely going to end up one of those things.

But unfortunately for Clay, if he can’t convince Annie to join his summer tour, his music label is going to drop him. That’s what happens when your bad boy image turns into
Expected publication: May 12th 2020 by Wednesday Books (first published April 2nd 2019)

To ask other readers questions about You'd Be Mine, please sign up.
Erin Hahn Good question! Before starting, I saw a documentary on the Carter family by chance. I learned just exactly HOW influential that family was in the…moreGood question! Before starting, I saw a documentary on the Carter family by chance. I learned just exactly HOW influential that family was in the early years of country music. They were iconic, to say the least. I had no idea that June came from that kind of history until, at the end of the documentary, Johnny Cash came on and spoke of how awestruck HE was by her and her name. It really changed my perspective on the couple and influenced the way I wrote Clay and Annie. (less)

Start your review of You'd Be Mine: A Novel
megs_bookrack
Nov 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs-read
A sugar sweet romance cupped in the hands of tragedy.
This story went a lot deeper than I anticipated but I hella enjoyed it!

There's a little Johnny and June in all of us.

Full review to come...stay tuned.
Erin Hahn
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition
Obviously, I've already written, read and loved this book... but I just wanted to say that I sincerely hope everyone who takes the time to read Annie and Clay's story finds something of themselves in it. You honor me with your support and curiosity and I can't wait to share my country music kids with all of you! <3
♡ ᴅ ʀ ᴇ ᴀ ᴍ ♡

Gave us half a chance,
Let my stupid heart decide
There's no doubt in my mind,
You'd be mine

WOW. This book is really GREAT and completely beyond my expectation. I’m so in love with it that I want to read the second book from Erin Hahn today or tomorrow. 😍🥰
Berit☀️✨
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arc, 2019
A sweet love story lively with swoon and swagger!

Erin Hahn’s debut is a lively heart warming contemporary YA romance. The kind of book that puts a BIG smile on your face! The thing I really like about young adult romance is how innocent it is; how everything is just so exaggerated, because it is the first time these characters have ever felt this way. I guess I appreciate that the characters have not been jaded yet and I can forgive them their naïveté because they are young. Perhaps I long fo
Kelly (and the Book Boar)
Find all of my reviews at: http://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/

You’d Be Mine showed up as a surprise “I think you’ll love it” in a box of ARCs from St. Martin’s Press. My initial reaction was . . . .

I mean, for real. I’m the worst. Which is why I try to be very selective when it comes to reader copies and only request/accept things I think I’ll love. YA romance? Yikes. I’m not always so good at reading those. Buuuuuuuuuuut, sometimes you just know you’re gonna be okay right from the jump. The cover and title of this one were appealing, thehttp://52bookminimum.blogspot.com/
You’d
Tucker

Many thanks to Natalie at Wednesday Books for sending me a copy in exchange for an honest review

But If I close my eyes
And wish it all away
Pretend I'm someone else
Pretend I'm here to stay
Gave us half a chance,
Let my stupid heart decide
There's no doubt in my mind,
You'd be mine

I don't know much about music. And while I do have a personal playlist, I'm not too into music. That said, I, like most people, have quite a few favorite celebrities. It was so fun to get a peak, even if fiction, into the broken, beautiful world.

So what's this book about?
You'd Be Mine follows a wide array of charareview
Corina
Nov 15, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
GIVEAWAY ALERT!!

I enjoyed this book so much that I'm giving away TWO hardcover copies, enter here

_____________________________

Oh wow!!!!

This book was way more than I expected. And it was so much more than I could have hoped for. I was feeling this giddiness, happiness, and an all around enchantment I haven't felt in a long time.

2018 has been a year of wonderful debut novels. I found so many new authors to keep an eye on, and I'm thrilled that Erin Hahn is one of them.

The rockstar genre has been a favorite genre of mine, and I think a young adult novel about two co
Carrie
Jan 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley
You’d Be Mine by Erin Hahn is a young adult contemporary romance that takes readers behind the scenes of the world of county music. It’s a bit of an opposites attract where the bad boy isn’t really as bad as he pretends to be.

Annie Mathers isn’t too sure of stepping into the spotlight in the country music industry after what happened to her parents. Both music legends themselves Annie’s parents fell victims to the dark side of the industry and it cost them their lives leaving Annie a
Kendall
Jan 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Happy pub day week to this book! Check out my blog tour via instagram today for this all those that follow me there :).

You'd Be Mine is such a sweet and charming YA novel!!

I finished this book in a little over one day!! Let's meet Annie and Clay. Two young and upcoming country stars that have their own inner demons and challenges to overcome in this journey called life.

What I really loved about this one? It wasn't all that cheesy romance scenes between teenagers... it went so much more deeper
Karen McManus
Sep 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was fortunate enough to read an early draft of this book and I absolutely loved it!

You’d Be Mine is my favorite kind of YA contemporary: witty, charming, uplifting, and off-the-charts swoony, but with enough tension and challenges to keep the story grounded in reality. Annie is country music royalty and a reluctant rising star, signed to Nashville party boy Clay’s summer tour to help rehabilitate his image. They’re both playing a role, but their hidden depths, dreams, and complicat
Carole (Carole's Random Life in Books)
This review can also be found at Carole's Random Life in Books.

This was a wonderful romance! I went into this book without a whole lot of expectations. I picked this book up largely because it sounded somewhat original. I don't remember ever seeing another book about a pair of young adult country music stars so I decided to give it a chance. That risk worked out pretty well. This was one of those books that sucked you in and didn't let go. I just had a great time with this book.

An
Kat
Aug 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-2
This one opens with a bang and sucks you right into the life of Clay, teen country music sensation who’s waking up after a bad night and a bar fight. And now his agent and his label are pissed. I was immediately captured by Erin Hahn’s fun voice and also her quick no-nonsense storytelling. Clay’s label tells him he has to convince Annie Mathers, the daughter of country sensations (recently deceased) to come on tour with him if he wants to continue playing.

I loved the small scenes in this one, t
Katie B

I thought for sure when I read the synopsis this was going to be a great read for me. I normally love stories revolving around the entertainment field, in this case the country music industry, I like romances and well-developed characters with interesting backstories. And while this book had those elements, I found myself bored for so much of the story. There was only one brief moment towards the end I felt any type of emotional connection to the characters. Given so many of
Tahera
You'd Be Mine is a story about two teenage, popular country music singers Annie Mathers and Jefferson (Clay) Coolidge who are dealing with their own respective inner demons and tragic pasts--Annie is trying to get out of the shadows of her famous country music singing duo parents and their volatile marriage and violent death while Clay is angry with his elder brother for going off to war and dying in the ine of duty. Both are exceptionally gifted singers and when Clay gets into another violent r ...more
Christie«SHBBblogger»
DNF

I don't normally write a review for books I DNF, but I came pretty close to the end so I'm going to sum up my dislikes as briefly as possible. This is the author's debut book, and sometimes that comes through in the writing, sometimes it's indiscernible. Unfortunately for me, the writing was just average, and failed to garner any excitement. The synopsis sounded promising, if a bit cliché. Two teen musicians on tour, discovering an attraction for each other as they deal with the ups and downs of
Stacee
I loved the synopsis of this one and had heard from a few friends that it was great. Sadly, it was not the cute and fluffy contemp I was expecting.

I liked Annie and Clay well enough. They’re both stronger and more resilient than they think. There were qualifiers constantly used for the secondary characters and with a pretty small group, it felt unnecessary and clunky and no one really stood out.

Plot wise, I was bored. The shows were repetitive and I skipped over all of the song lyrics. I did l
Erin
Mar 31, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, netgalley
Thanks to Netgalley and St. Martin's Press for a digital galley in exchange for an honest review.

5 Nashville stars for the new Johnny and June!

I realize that I am not the target audience for this YA country music romance. Then again, I am not the target audience for Riverdale or Pretty Little Liars, but I love those too! Terrific characters, great storyline, and music lyrics that I wish were on Spotify so I could download them.

Annie is trying to make her own way on the country music scene. A dif
Chelsea
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This book is what I imagine reading a really well written country music fanfic would be like. And you know what? It’s actually pretty great.

Sometimes I think it’s important to let ourselves enjoy books that might not be the most sophisticated in the world, and enjoy this book I did. I loved every little cheesy romantic line.

We follow two characters: Annie Mathers, rising country star reeling from the double suicide of her parents (both iconic country singers), and Clay Coolidge, bro-countr
arini
Apr 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
beware: potentially new-found favorite contemporary author alert!!

erin hahn really set the record straight with this outstanding debut. aahhh i really liked you'd be mine. it has so much heart. it did also in a way remind me of a star is born what with the girl being so heavenly talented and the guy being a little screwed up in the head. on the other hand, the narrative itself is completely different.

i loved that it's about music, a country music at that. i loved that it's character driven. i loved that it deals not onlydifferent.
Elizabeth
Mar 31, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
You'd Be Mine is a thoroughly enjoyable young adult novel about Annie, aspiring country singer and daughter of two (dead) country legends, and Clay, a hot young country singer who persuades Annie to join him on tour to keep his label happy because his public image (and private life) have taken a big hit.

It's fairly standard ya stuff--falling in love, dealing with family issues, deciding to be yourself--but the writing is *outstanding.* Annie and Clay have scorching chemistry, and bot
Vicky Who Reads
Apr 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I soooo enjoyed this one! Refreshing and unexpected and a little bit darker than you might think!

Content Warnings: (view spoiler) ...more
Hazel (Stay Bookish)
I read an early copy of this book and I LOVED IT SO MUCH!!!! Annie and Clay are precious and they make sweet sweet country music together. Fans of OPEN ROAD SUMMER will fall madly in love with Erin's debut novel. And if books like LETTERS TO THE LOST got ya emotional, YOU'D BE MINE will break your heart then make it sing!!

I couldn't get enough of the music, the swoons and the writing. I admired the realness and rawness of both main characters and I loved their romance even more because of that.
Brittany
4.5 Stars!!!

Arc generously provided by Net Galley for an honest review.

Adorable-Charming and Unputdownable! This is Hahn's debut novel and I admit, I am impressed! This was such a fun read. The characters were funny, likable and just genuine. This book made me want to wear a cowgirl hat and pull my boots out the closet.The author turned me not only into a fan of her work but of country music while reading. The whole time they were on tour and would do a show I felt like I was right there in the mix!/>
Kristy
Clay Coolidge is a country music superstar. He sings successful songs about girls and drinking and trucks. But he has a bad boy reputation and pattern of behavior to go along with his good looks and soon his record company will only keep him under one condition: if he agrees to do his summer tour with Annie Mathers. Mathers, meanwhile, is the daughter of Cora Rosewood and Robbie Mathers, also known as country music royalty. Annie grew up in country music. As she states, she knew the words to "Co ...more
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
4 stars

This is the definition of a cute story. Perfect for readers shying away from angsty reads and looking for a good time.

The characters are easy to love, easy to connect with.
Their inner conflicts are easy to relate with.
The pace is just right for the story, not too slow not rushed either.

Not many faults to find here. The book has been polished and everything runs smoothly.

On one hand you have Annie, gifted daughter of two mega country stars who left her too soon. She is courted by music labels for months now but is afraid to follow in her parstars
This
Kayla Brunson
"He’s just as damaged as I am. He’s got heartache and grief and loneliness, and if I can’t survive him, he sure as hell can’t survive me."

I wasn’t expecting this book to make me feel so many things. This book tackles quite a bit of hard topics such as loss of a sibling/parents, suicide, drug and alcohol abuse. Make sure you are in the right headspace before you crack this one open.

With that said, I commend Hahn because she really went for it in this debut novel. We get two reall
Jacob Proffitt
This is a slow-motion train-wreck and I'm finally jumping off with a sense of relief. The author is actually pretty good. Which is why I kind of hated the story. I mean, the characters are well-drawn and the secondary characters have a strong presence. But Clay is that poor-me jerkwad with a monster dose of self-hatred that translates into the dreaded "I'm no good for you" negative motivation*. And Annie is sweet, but has personal demons that are quickly catching up to her right as fame and mone ...more
Lyn *NomadicWorlds

I enjoy country music a lot and I’m a big fan of Faith Hill, Rascall Flatts, Lady Antebellum so when I saw this YA Contemporary story centered on country music, I was quite intrigued. I’ve read YA stories featuring rock stars but this is my first time reading a YA story centering on country music.

Clay was your typical bad boy, dragging a painful past behind him, hell-bent on a path of self-destruction. One of his latest transgressions led him into meeting Annie, a seemingly good girl. Their paths collided
Taylor
3.75 out of 5 Stars.

This book, its characters, and the songs pleasantly caught me by surprise, which is pretty shocking given that I jumped into this contemporary with pretty high expectations.

As a lifelong lover of Johnny Cash, discovering there was a YA novel centering on music, the effects of the spotlight, and a Cash/Carter love story was everything I didn't know I needed. Color me thrilled that Hahn was able to deliver in her debut novel! Clay and Annie were such int
Ashley
Mar 31, 2019 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: netgalley, 2019
3.5 stars.

Many thanks to Wednesday Books and Netgalley for the chance to read this book.

What an adorable story this was. In many ways, it reminded me of the movie Forever My Girl, but with both main characters living the country star life. A sweet, transportive story with song lyrics readers will be wishing they could hear in real life!

Unfortunately, three/three and a half star reviews are the hardest to write. While I enjoyed the book, I wasn't blown away by it. For me, it/>Many

• If I'm Being Honest
  • Serious Moonlight
  • Maybe This Time
  • Eyes on Me
  • The Rest of the Story
  • When Summer Ends
  • Cold Day in the Sun
  • Hearts Made for Breaking
  • Well Met (Well Met, #1)
  • Fake It Till You Break It
  • Stealing Home
  • Say You Still Love Me
  • Field Notes on Love
  • Call It What You Want
  • Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss
  • Only a Breath Apart
  • Fix Her Up (Hot & Hammered, #1)
  • The Unhoneymooners

Erin started writing her own books when her little sister gave her shade about a country music-themed Twilight fanfic. By day, she gets to share her favorite stories with her elementary students. By night, she writes swoons. Erin married her own YA love interest whom she met on her first day of college and has two kids who are much, much cooler than she ever was at their age. She lives in Michigan
“It was pretend.

It was supposed to be this act professionals do for laughs. For profit. For whatever it was until it no longer was any of those things for the two people that mattered: me and him.”
5 likes
“I wrote this song for a boy. A boy I fell in love with against impossible odds. So this award is for you, Jefferson. If I had to choose my favorite, you'd be mine.” 3 likes