Start by marking “Our House Is on Fire: Greta Thunberg's Call to Save the Planet” as Want to Read:
Our House Is on Fire: Greta Thunberg's Call to Save the Planet

Our House Is on Fire: Greta Thunberg's Call to Save the Planet

From acclaimed picture book creator Jeanette Winter comes the urgent and powerful story of Greta Thunberg, the sixteen-year-old climate activist who has sparked a worldwide student movement and is demanding action from world leaders who refuse to address climate change.

I don’t want you to be hopeful. I want you to panic…I want you to act as if our house is on fire. Because/>I
Published September 24th 2019 by Beach Lane Books

To ask other readers questions about Our House Is on Fire, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our House Is on Fire

Kathryn
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
A book that every adult should read. Powerful!
Aliza Werner
A powerful, topical, necessary story showing the power of our youth. I docked stars because of erasure...Greta has Aspergers, which she found isolated her from others sometimes, but since she found her passion and purpose, she has flourished and literally started a global movement. Her neurodiversity is her POWER! This absolutely needed to be part of the story, but was not. In her own words from her IG/Twitter post on August 31, 2019:

“When haters go after your looks and differences,
Dennis
Oct 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Outstanding! Of course, it is Jeanette Winter. Highly recommended.
Baby Bookworm
Sep 26, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: our-reviews

Hello, friends! Our book today is Our House Is On Fire: Greta Thunberg’s Call To Save The Planet by Jeanette Winter, the story of the young climate change activist and how her passion and determination led a wave of student protests.

Growing up in Sweden, Greta Thunberg was certainly not a household name; the young girl was quiet and shy. Sitting in the back of her classroom and saying little, she thought of herself as invisible. But the
Liz McCrane
Oct 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
Our House Is on Fire is a non-fiction children’s book about 16-year-old climate change activist, Greta Thunberg from Stockholm, Sweden. It all began a year ago, her teacher explained to the class that the climate was changing and it was effecting our planet in a negative way. Greta was so interested that she researched it at home, growing her knowledge more and more. Each day she became increasingly upset about what she was seeing in the news about the changing planet. One day, she decided to ma ...more
Margie
We need to stop ourselves each and every morning and remember today is a day when one person, maybe you or me, will change the world for the better for at least one other person. We are never fully aware of how a look, a word or a gesture of kindness can shift a day, or a lifetime, for someone. Close to ten years ago when I was assigned as the librarian in both an elementary school library and a middle school library, I was checking my email early in the morning.

It was one of those d
John T pickering
Oct 02, 2019 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
John said that they have no choice and then we could meet with her big deal for your business birthday and Alcon o okay thanks again to see if she is in love to go on okay cool if you'rfreee

Coop is not going back from lunch time to time for the holidays with your phone

Jeanne
Jeanne right
Quote for me up when you're in sanctuary Roman Catholic empire

Pick you sick funking people even though he will never forget people have no finding an alternative for your than ma
Barbra
Oct 09, 2019 rated it liked it
In this picture book Greta's story is told from the beginning. We share her pain as she struggles to get noticed. One day after her teacher talks about climate change her eyes are opened to all that is happening to planet earth. When she begins her strike she is alone, but as more and more students join in her voice becomes heard worldwide. This would be a great way to talk to young people about Greta, her movement and how we can help.
Anna Len
Oct 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Our house is on Fire is an autobiography about Greta Thunberg and how she came to be who she is today. The book shares her concerns on the environment and her courageous actions that have brought the environmentally-conscious community to stand together. A wonderful picture book for students in grades 1-5.
Raven Black
Oct 02, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was worried this would be preachy. But it is a straight forward look at Ms. Thunberg and what she did and what she is doing. Classic Winter illustrations top it all off.
Carmel
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm sure many of the young (and not so young) students in our school will be keen to read this wonderful biography!
Holly
Sep 27, 2019 added it
kip
Alex Onslow
Oct 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
grade: k-5

Loved this book, going to use it as my main book for a climate change lesson plan. Basically a girl learns about climate change and starts a petition for school strike.

focus- climate change.
Earl
Sep 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
I'd been wanting to read this since Greta Thunberg is another young voice who's message is being heard loud and clear by people all over the world. I hope as readers we can answer her call to do something about the climate crisis we find ourselves in.
Jenny