Start by marking “Cat in an Orange Twist (Midnight Louie , #16)” as Want to Read:
Cat in an Orange Twist (Midnight Louie , #16)

Cat in an Orange Twist (Midnight Louie #16)

3.82  ·  Rating details ·  326 Ratings  ·  14 Reviews
Temple Barr is a sharp and sassy public relations ace in Las Vegas whose life is finally taking a turn for the better. Hard-nosed homicide lieutenant Carmen Molina is too busy chasing after her own ex-lover, rogue L.A. cop Rafi Nadir, to pursue Temple's boyfriend, sexy magician Max Kinsella, and nobody Temple knows has been murdered... at least, not in the past few weeks.

T
Published May 15th 2005 by Forge Books (first published August 1st 2004)

To ask other readers questions about Cat in an Orange Twist, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cat in an Orange Twist

Julianne
Sep 14, 2010 rated it it was ok
It seems to me that the "Midnight Louie" books used to be a lot more fun. This one just kind of sits there. I kept putting it down. I finally plowed through it, but only because I was determined. This was not my favorite of the series.

All the "Midnight Louie" books are set around Las Vegas with its quirky characters and zany happenings. Once it was all Elvis impersonators. Another time it was a stripper convention. And then, the book show. This one was the opening of an upscale furniture store.
Jacqueline O.
May 09, 2015 rated it liked it
Recommends it for: Mystery fans
Shelves: fiction, mystery
I picked up Cat in an Orange Twist somewhere because it looked interesting and finally read it. Turns out it's the 16th book in a series, and the author has written several other book series as well. This is a light and frothy, romantic, mystery. Some of the chapters are written in first person from the point of view of Midnight Louie - the main character's cat. However, the majority of the story is written in typical third person.
The main character, Temple Barr, isn't a detective or a police of
Lisa King
Aug 13, 2014 rated it liked it
Book sixteen in the Midnight Louie Mystery series and my second book into the fray. I am getting a better handle on the cast of characters and am finding that I quite like them. PR extraordinaire, Miss Temple Barr, is contracted to do the PR for a trendy upper scale furniture store that happens to have secured the celebrity Feng Shui diva, Amelia Wong. Everything seems to be going well until the bodies show up. Louie and Temple are on the case!

I enjoyed this book more than my first introduction
Joanne
Apr 26, 2016 rated it liked it
This is the 3rd book I read from this author series and I enjoy them, but don’t overly love them. I sometimes feel like I am missing something from the past since there are references that I don’t quite understand since I haven’t read the entire series in order. The complex relationship, but not entirely love triangle of Temple, Max and Matt is also a little distinctive. Overall, I do enjoy Midnight Louie and his crazy red headed pet parent and partner in crime solving murder and mystery in Las ...more
Sandra
Jun 25, 2015 rated it it was ok
It took me at least 5 chapters to realize just what this book was talking about.

I know this is not the first book in the series but I was totally at sea for a long time.

I then found the book was about one hundred pages too long and needed some serious editing.

I have another of her series in my bookcase but not sure if I will ever read it.

Also this author is way too enamoured with the letter "M".
Beverly
Jan 06, 2017 rated it liked it
These are fun books. I like Temple and enjoy Midnight Louie and Louise. I am really bored with Max and Matt is only a little more tolerable. I will keep reading the series in hopes that the men grow up.
Aug 09, 2010 rated it it was amazing
love this book!! I very much enjoyed reading this, it was a break from other books and a really good mystery
Mary Newcomb
Intrigue continues in Las Vegas. This time it involves a furniture store with more than a few odd things going on, beyond the orange decor and motif.
Brenda
Jul 24, 2013 rated it did not like it
Awful. Couldn't get past the first page.
Feb 21, 2011 rated it really liked it
The cat had a nice little attitude and sly sense of humor that I loved!
Debra
Sep 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I just love Midnight Louie and the scraps he gets into with his human, Temple Barr...what a hoot!
Tyler Snortum-phelps
Aug 11, 2011 rated it it was ok
Not for me, even as a summer read. Far too much belaboring of everybody's inner turmoil, and way too much fashion description. Maybe it's just a guy thing, but I didn't like it.
Kathleen
Jan 01, 2008 rated it it was amazing
It took me a little while to get use to the author's type of writing. It wasn't long before I just enjoyed myself with the book.
Helen
rated it it was ok
May 21, 2012
Shelly
Jul 22, 2012
  • Cat Pay the Devil (Joe Grey, #12)
  • Puss 'N Cahoots (Mrs. Murphy, #15)
Carole Nelson Douglas is the author of sixty-three award-winning novels in contemporary and historical mystery/suspense and romance, high and urban fantasy and science fiction genres. She is best known for two popular mystery series, the Irene Adler historical suspense novels and the 28-book Midnight Louie contemporary mystery series. Delilah Street, PI (Paranormal Investigator), headlines Carole' ...more
More about Carole Nelson Douglas...

Midnight Louie (1 - 10 of 28 books)
  • Catnap (Midnight Louie, #1)
  • Pussyfoot (Midnight Louie, #2)
  • Cat on a Blue Monday (Midnight Louie, #3)
  • Cat in a Crimson Haze (Midnight Louie, #4)
  • Cat in a Diamond Dazzle (Midnight Louie, #5)
  • Cat with an Emerald Eye (Midnight Louie, #6)
  • Cat in a Flamingo Fedora (Midnight Louie, #7)
  • Cat in a Golden Garland (Midnight Louie, #8)
  • Cat on a Hyacinth Hunt (Midnight Louie, #9)
  • Cat in an Indigo Mood (Midnight Louie, #10)