Start by marking “A Killing Truth (Leine Basso Thrillers, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
A Killing Truth (Leine Basso Thrillers, #0.5)

A Killing Truth

(Leine Basso 0.5)

Before serial killers and drug cartels, Leine faced the ultimate betrayal…

Leine eliminates terrorists for a living. After a routine assassination almost gets her killed, she chalks it up to a fluke. Her lover and fellow assassin, Carlos, has another idea altogether. He thinks their boss is setting them up for a fall.

When Carlos goes missing and a bombing
ebook
Published August 2019 by D.V. Berkom

Sean Peters
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I knew I had this book on my kindle, and knew this author wrote action thrillers, well about time I tried this author.

I am very glad I did in the action packed ,fast paced thriller, a prequel to start this series... a nive quick read of 171 pages...

A deadly assassin. A perpetual target. A double-cross she never saw coming…

They say the truth will set you free, but what if it kills you first?

Leine Basso eliminates terrorists for a living. After a rou
HornFan2 (Mike)
I received an advance ARC from the author for my review and I also purchased it from amazon.com.

With 'A Killing Truth', D.V. Berkom gives you everything but the kitchen sink, the Prequel has it all and although the ending bummed me out.

This was my style of book, love the fast pace, dig the tension filled moments, like all the action filled drama, full of suspense, your almost on a roller coaster with all the twists and turns, excellent cast of characters and a conclusion
Roger
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (7/8/2019)! 🎁
Jo-Anne
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own
This is another exciting Leine Basso Thriller but it takes place before the rest of the series and gives an insight into what made Leine into the person she is today.

Leine is an expert assassin but after almost getting killed on an assignment, her lover, Carlos, thinks someone set her up – their boss, Eric. Carlos believes their boss is trying to get them killed and hiding any evidence.

When Leine’s assassination job gets messed up because of Ilya who was attempting to assassinate the sam
Cathy Speight
Apr 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone
I’ve read four Leine Basso thrillers. Yes, I love them. Actually, I love HER…she’s a sassy, kick-arse, no-nonsense, I’ll-eat-your-balls-for-breakfast type of woman. And at the same time, she’s a mum and a lover, with all the usual ups and downs those things entail. She simply rocks.

Now, I have to admit, I’m not that fussed with prequels. Why bother with what’s gone before, if you know what happens afterwards, I’ve always thought. But Berkom is not only a talented writer, she’s a canny one. Thro
Jerry Walch
May 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Killing Truth: (A Leine Basso Thriller Prequel) is a slam dunk winner. A great beginning for what appear to be a winning series. Introduces Leine as an assassin much like the famed Nikita, although, unlike Nikita, Leine wasn't rescued from death row, and, unlike the agency that Nikita worked for the agency that Leine worked for turned against her and tries to kill her. A Killing Truth isn't just a page turner, it's a page burner.

A Killing Truth has whet my appetite for more of Leine and I will b/>
Al
Mar 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-2017, kindle
If you've read the books in the Leine Basso series that have come out prior to this, you know a lot about her history. That she worked as an assassin for a quasi-official government agency was always clear. That she no longer did was also clear. And at least to me it seemed that her feelings about her history were ambiguous, with some pride and some regret.

This book is a prequel, coming before any of the main series. It takes place near the end of Leine's time as an assassin. It work
Steve Riley
Jul 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Got this free on Amazon and am now keen to read the rest in the series. Leone is a likeable protagonist with a rich back story, that I'm sure we'll learn more about as time goes on. I really enjoyed the lead character being female, makes a nice change, and brings a different angle to male dominated roles we've all become used to. Really good book.
Sharon Kleve
Mar 23, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, thriller
Ms. Berkom delivers again with a spectacular thriller. Leine always finds herself in trouble but this time we led back in time and fine the truth about her past. I love all of her Leine Basso thrillers.
Rita
Aug 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a wonderful beginning of an exciting series. I loved the character's. The plot was forever turning and full of suspense. I read the book in one sitting and I need to know what happens next of course! I love how the author writes which kept my attention throughout the book. I want to read more from this author!
Deb Le
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love D V Berkom's work. She knows just how to get a female lead to be strong and vulnerable at the same time. Leine is a work of art, love her to bits. The book is well written and flows nicely if a little hard to swallow at times. I've read a few of the later books in the series, and it was nice to see how it started.
Mikal Lambert
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A pretty good beginning, somewhat interesting plot line. I will read the next book or 2 in the series and see if it can build on the characters.
David
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Nailed it

Read this book straight through and was glad to see some justice done. Kept me entertained from beginning to end.
Michael
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Non-Stop Twists and Turns

An excellent thriller that pits Leine against not only international criminals but her own boss. The conclusion leaves the reader looking for her next adventure and wondering what has happened to April.
Annette O'Keefe
Jul 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A Killing Truth: A Leine Basso Thriller

A Novel that was full of mystery and a lot of plots . A variety of inner mystery that you have to read in one day. Annette
Hon. Peter J. Murphy
A True Mystery Thriller

Just what I was looking for - a fast paced mystery thriller. The story did not drag on like so many current books in this genre: it was a page turner which I thoroughly enjoyed.
Brian Doyle
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A great intro into a fearless new heroine
Robert C. smith
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An Exciting, Full Action International Thriller!

Berkom has an exceptional ability to create believable fast action scenes of nearly super human characters. Reader's can't help but root for female assassin Leone Basso who is able to hold her own against the biggest evil players. Definitely a most enjoyable read!
Sherry Fundin
The Leine Basso series by DV Berkom is jam packed with action and adventure and Leine Basso is one badass protagonist that I would love to have on my side in my time of need. When I found out DV Berkom was going to write her story about before she started hunting down serial killers and taking out drug cartel, I thought, bring it on.

I have been looking forward to learning about Leine Basso before…

Leine Basso is an ex assassin, strong on the outside, yet soft on the inside
Jo
Mar 27, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebooks-own
I received an ARC copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

While I found D.V. Berkom's writing good and the story very interesting, it wasn't my favorite book in the world. That being said, my low rating has nothing to do with the author's writing ability or prowess in crafting an intricate, interesting plot. It is mainly because I found the book to be quite sad. This is an action-packed book as we watch Leine complete questionable assignments for the Agency while also dealing with a half-co
Lynne Cantwell
Jul 07, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A Killing Truth (Leine Basso Thriller Prequel) - D.V. Berkom For the Indies Unlimited Reading Challenge this month, I'm supposed to read a book in a genre I don't usually pick up. Thrillers qualify, for sure; usually I find them violent for the sake of being violent, and lacking in character development.With D.V. Berkom's work, however, I don't have either problem. This is the second of her books that I've read, and I've enjoyed them both.A Killing Truth is a prequel to Berkom's series featuring ...more
Will Decker
Oct 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Having read a few of the Leine Basso series, I was surprised by this story. It not only answered some lingering questions, it's also a very good story on its own merits. It has a little of everything ranging from a love interest to nipple piercing to tattooing. Just doesn't get any better than this. If you're a squeamish reader, this book might be a little rough for you. As usual with Berkom, you get great character development and nice visuals of both the action and scenery. A well done Action/ ...more
Charles Ray
Apr 09, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An assassin for a super-secret government organization known only as the Agency, Leine is convinced that she’s doing what she’s good at, and is ridding the world of evil at the same time. Then, a supposedly routine job goes south and she’s ambushed and almost killed. She chalks it up to a glitch, but her partner/lover, Carlos, is convinced that their boss, Eric, is setting her up. She’s not convinced until Carlos goes missing and a bomb almost kills her on the next assignment Eric gives her. ...more
Lynda
Frank
Jan 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ebook
Leine Bossa is a paid assassin who gets the hardest assignments from the Agency, an undocumented agency of the US government. When she becomes a target during an assignment to eliminate an international arms dealer, Leine becomes involved with the dealer's henchmen, the Russian mafia, and an impulsive Russian teenager bent on a revenge killing of the dealer. Leine soon realizes that she is actually the target and must take action to prevent her own death. Her life takes turns for the worst with ...more
Donna
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent introduction to the author and character, this book is a prequel to the Leine Basso series. Well-written and excellently paced, this story shows Leine when she was still an assassin, together with her fiancé, before her boss tries to kill them and she leaves it all behind. I won't give any more spoilers, but the story was brilliant, and the characters really had depth, both making the book highly recommended reading for any Leine Basso lovers, or anyone who enjoys action and adventu ...more
Amber Foxx
Jan 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Leine Basso has a complicated life. In this series prequel novella, she’s a professional assassin for an ultra-secret agency, the lover of a man in her same line of work—and a single mother. Things get even more complicated when her boss at the Agency seems to become more dangerous than her work itself. Berkom’s writing is tighter than ever. The pace is riveting, the plotting masterful, and the characters deep. A shocking twist at the end is gut-wrenching. I’ve read one of the Leine Basso thrill ...more
Jay Williams
Jul 01, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
At last the complete story that defines the background for Leine Basso. The dark features of her career as an assassin and the events that ended it are fleshed in a full story that covers the ultimate in betrayals. The early features of her relationships are amazing, and the action and suspense is intense from page to page. If you have read any of the previous books in this series you will know what to expect. Even so, the suspense is palpable from beginning to end. Don't miss this prequel to th ...more
Lee Jones
Mar 31, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Well, what can you say about individuals that are great with their craft and flawless? Well for starters, they are your go-to for anything that needs to be handled with certainty. But that created a problem for the sponsor (lack of control/trust or so it was thought) and greed took over. Why would you try and sabotage your best if only for your ego? This book is very engaging and a must read if you like a bit of mystery and excitement. DV leaves you wanting more!
« previous 1 3 next »

• No Justice (No Justice, #1)
  • The Gifts (A Jacody Ives Mystery)
  • Finding Mother (The Guernsey Novels, #2)
  • Arriving at Amen
  • Take a Breath
  • The Hungarian
  • The Angolan Clan (The African Diamonds Trilogy #1)
  • Sabotage
  • The Reach of the Banyan Tree
  • Dark End of the Street (Nick Travers #3)
  • Last Seen Leaving
  • A Bustle in the Hedgerow (CASMIRC, #1)
  • Coming of Winter (A Jeremy Winter Thriller, #1)
  • Azrael
  • Scottish Rite (Maggie Devereaux #1)
  • The Fear In Her Eyes (Ian Quinn, #1)
  • Flash Drive
  • Founders' Keeper (David and Martin Yerxa, #1)
DV Berkom is the USA Today bestselling author of two action-packed thriller series featuring strong female leads (Leine Basso and Kate Jones). Her love of creating resilient, kick-ass women characters stems from a lifelong addiction to reading spy novels, mysteries, and thrillers, and longing to find the female equivalent within those pages.

Raised in the Midwest, she earned a BA in pol

Leine Basso (8 books)
  • Serial Date (Leine Basso Thrillers, #1)
  • Bad Traffick (Leine Basso Thrillers, #2)
  • The Body Market (Leine Basso Thriller #3)
  • Cargo (Leine Basso Thrillers, #4)
  • The Last Deception (Leine Basso Thrillers, #5)
  • Dark Return (Leine Basso Thrillers, #6)
  • Absolution (Leine Basso #7)
  • Dakota Burn (Leine Basso #8)