Start by marking “Her Flame (Aukcland Steampunk First Class, #1)” as Want to Read:
Her Flame (Aukcland Steampunk First Class, #1)

Her Flame (Aukcland Steampunk First Class, #1)

The only thing twenty-two-year-old Bridie wants is freedom. Freedom to travel the world, do as she likes, and make her own decisions. Marriage? Finding a man? No, thank you. Besides, she’s a Supernatural, able to remember everything she reads, hears, or sees—a skill she can use to find an adventurous job.
But she doesn’t know that six years ago, her father secretly ma
ebook
Published August 26th 2019 by Barbara Russell

To ask other readers questions about Her Flame, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Her Flame

Eva North
Oct 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received a free copy of this for a review and for it being steampunk/medieval romance, something outside of my comfort genre, it was a great, quick read. I even read the teaser chapter to her next book at the end and wanted more. I would read more by this author.
Catherine Stein
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Fun and sexy read.
This book was really fun to read, very sexy, with a great, unique world and lots of action/adventure. The romance was very "fated mates" style, which I think will appeal to fans of paranormal romance. Some typos/proofreading issues here and there, but didn't distract too much from the story.
4.5 stars, rounded up to 5
S
Sep 05, 2019 rated it liked it
I like steampunk so decided to give this a read, it sounded intriguing. The beginning of the story there was a great battle of words between Bridie and Aurelius on a dance floor at a party and there were sparks flying. Immediately upon learning she was only 16 y/o my brain went huh? Thought she was older? The author did age her six years after their first encounter which was a good thing otherwise it bordered on not so good given some of the thoughts that Aurelius had about her.

There
Philleys Peters
Oct 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved reading this book! A humorous action packed spy adventure that carried the storyline quite well from start to finish. I loved the romantic byplay between Aurelius and Bridie! They made the perfect spies and falling in love was fated for these two. If you love steampunk romance, you will love this one and it has a happy ever after ending! Very nice!

Rita Kruger
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I thoroughly enjoyed reading this hot little book on a slow Sunday. It was not my usual reading material, but it did entertain me enough to keep me emerged.

Having read other steampunk before, this was low-key on the genre scale. But it is well-written and deeply delved into the relationship dynamics between Aurelius and Bridie. Barbara is well equipped when dealing with creating conflict between the two characters. The sexy scenes are toe-curlingly delicious.

Totally recommend this book.
Salih Awouda
Aug 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This book was sent to me by the author in exchange for an honest review.
So this book is a prequel to the heart collector and is very similar to it. It’s incredibly heavy on the romance but still has some fantasy and mystery elements to it. But the word ROMANCE should definitely be in bold. The characters were not as developed as I would like, and it has that element of impossibility and perfect timing and coincidence most romance novels have. It’s very character driven. Has mature themes. Overa
Lexx
Mark McDonad
Aug 30, 2019
Heather Wamboldt
Oct 22, 2019 rated it really liked it
Her Flame is the first book in the Auckland Steampunk First Class series and the first I have read by this author. I really enjoyed this book and found it to be a light and entertaining read. The characters were likable and the storyline was well written and flowed nicely throughout. This steampunk romance had mystery, suspense, intrigue, romance, and steamy scenes.

I am looking forward to reading more from this author.
I read and reviewed this book with no obligation.
Sara Munoz
marked it as to-read
Aug 15, 2019
Jeanna Massman
marked it as to-read
Oct 02, 2019
I’m an entomologist and a soil biologist, which is a fancy way to say that I dig in the dirt, looking for bugs. Nature and books have always been my passion. I was a kid when I read Ivanhoe by Sir W. Scott and fell in love with medieval novels. Then I discovered medieval fantasy, and I fell in love again. In fact, I took it too seriously and believed that my elderly, bearded neighbor was Merlin an ...more