Start by marking “In Between Days” as Want to Read:
In Between Days

In Between Days

GRIPPING AND UNPUTDOWNABLE. Like walking into a John Hughes film... --Christina Lauren, international bestselling author of Dating You/Hating You

A coming of age story about friendship with an enemies to lovers high school romance and a dark twist. The Outsiders meets The Breakfast Club with a side of Veronica Mars.

It's 1985 in the Chicago suburbs. Y
Published September 11th 2019 (first published August 1st 2019)

To ask other readers questions about In Between Days, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about In Between Days

Start your review of In Between Days
Kira Gold
Sep 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a bittersweet tumble into eighties high school nostalgia, with all the angst, sexual tension and emotional confusion involved with first love, and so well done it was a non-stop read to the end.

In a set up out of a John Hughes movie, our handsome bad-boy hero, Jason, with a heart of tarnished silver, insults our innocent, gorgeous, rich-girl Samantha, with hysterical dialogue worthy of Shakespeare. She, of course, slides her sweatshirt off one shoulder, adds more eyeliner, a
Rochelle Allison
Aug 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Razor sharp and original

In some ways, this felt like the favorite 80s movie I never saw. Kind of coming of agey, kind of funny - but deliciously dark, too. I loved Jason (Devil Man!) and Samantha (Barbie - or Sammie, depending on who you ask) and Pris (no longer Prissy and definitely no longer Priscilla!) and how flashed out their characters were.
This was such a fun story. Rarely did the characters do and say what I expected...and I could say the same for the plot. Enemies to lovers. Judging p
Amanda Weaver
Oct 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
An edgy, visceral blast from the past. Great writing and believable teenage characters wrestling with a lot of grown up problems.
Minnea Jones
Sep 07, 2019 rated it really liked it
An enjoyable, relatable read. Consistencies with the late 80's pop culture are near spot on (although I did recognize one colloquialism early in the book that was used but had not been popularized yet (I know, right). I identified with much of the subplots as it brought back many memories of my youth. Jason's broodiness was well depicted and contrasted with Samantha's naive optimism, the resulting sexual tension was palpable. One thing I noticed early was that there was limited use of color thro ...more
PinkAmy loves books, cats and naps
***Thanks to NetGalley for providing me a complimentary copy of IN BETWEEN DAYS by Anne Jamison in exchange for my honest review.***

When the blurb compares a book to The Breakfast Club, The Outsiders and Veronica Mars, it had better deliver. IN BETWEEN DAYS did not. DNF
Dick Whittington
Oct 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
Not for me. Gave up. Don't understand the strong reviews and ratings. Thought it was a waste of my time. Saw nothing of value. And there are so many other books in my to read stack that promise so much more.
Jessica
Nov 14, 2019 rated it really liked it
I was born in 1984, so all this was done and over by the time I entered high school in the 90’s. However, I loved the 80’s culture, movies (but I hated the style, ha-ha). This book brings me to my younger years and reminded me of my own tumultuous high school years. Sammie is well off and doesn’t care what anyone thinks, especially not what bad boy Jason thinks.
The dialogue was witty and at times cringeworthy as teenagers swing from one extreme to the other. Hormones are raging out of control a
Wendy Bunnell
Nov 10, 2019 rated it liked it
I love the '80s, the time of my own high school years. I've lived in the Midwest my whole life, setting of this book. I thought I'd connect with it better than I did. It might be someone else's jam, but I didn't really connect with it as much as I'd wanted to.

I received an advance review copy for free, and am leaving this review voluntarily.
Marissa
Oct 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: goodreads-win
Goodreads Kindle Copy Win

It takes a look back at the 80’s as it tells the tale of a high school boy and girl and the people around them. How they manage to end up together and apart despite their initial dislike. The ups and downs of being a student at the time and the not so pretty side of life.
Kasey
Oct 30, 2019 marked it as to-read
Thank you for the opportunity to review this book as a giveaway recipient. I am excited to finish it and will update my thoughts on this book soon!
Sue
Micielle
Jean  Felty
Britt
Sep 26, 2019
Addicted to YA: Goodreads Giveaway for In Between Days 1 13 Oct 15, 2019 07:38AM

• The Coolest Labels
  • Objections to Evolution
  • Is This Seat Taken? No, I Saved it for You: Inspiring Life Lessons from Everyday Experiences
  • Heroes of Englandom (Englandom #1)
  • Running with My Head Down: An Entrepreneur’s Story of Passion, Perseverance, and Purpose
  • Steering Through It: Navigating Life-Threatening Illness...Acceptance, Survival and Healing
  • Virginia
  • Patterned after Excellence
  • Trailblazer: From the Mountains of Kashmir to the Summit of Global Business and Beyond
  • On the Come Up
  • The Kiss Quotient (The Kiss Quotient, #1)
  • A Great Fit: My Take on Confidence, Charisma, and the Career that Suits You Best
  • Bullshit Jobs: A Theory
  • The Art of Racing in the Rain
  • The Calling: 3 Fundamental Shifts to Stay True, Get Paid, and Do Good
  • The Facts of the Matter: Looking Past Today’s Rhetoric on the Environment and Responsible Development
  • Fumbled (Playbook, #2)
  • Darkness Between the Stars (Eaters of the Light #1)
Anne Jamison is the author of three critical books and one young adult novel. She lives in Salt Lake City with her dogs, her son, and an avant-garde poet. She is an English professor, but not the kind that corrects your grammar (unless she is actively grading your paper).