Start by marking “Chiu! Temos um plano” as Want to Read:
Chiu! Temos um plano

Chiu! Temos um plano

Chiu! Pezinhos de lã. Eles têm um plano...

Quatro amigos vão passear pela floresta. Encontram um colorido passarinho e decidem capturá-lo... Mas uma e outra vez, no último segundo, o passarinho escapa! Os amigos não desistem. Um dois três... Agora! Vamos torcer para que o plano saia furado?

A série de board books de Chris Haughton na colecção Orfeu Mini está a crescer!
Board book, 40 pages
Published July 2019 by Orfeu Negro (first published January 1st 2014)

Start your review of Chiu! Temos um plano
Nov 18, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books

Four friends have a plan to catch a birdie they spot in the woods. But that plan turns into falling, splashing, and running!

”Ready one, ready two, ready three…GO!”

Shadows and shades of blue play on the page creating a silly mood and energy. Those eyes! They say it all!

Plus “Shhhh” is the perfect read aloud sound and word.

A fun, simple tale and “plan” that made me smile. :)

Jessica
Aug 04, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books, own
This is our new favorite. i didn't think something could top LITTLE OWL LOST for sheer cuteness and cleverness, but Haughton has done it. After one reading, my toddler had the rhythm of this down, and now when I read it to him, he supplies the "shh!" Such a fun book!
Tracy Clausen
Fantastic illustrations, would make a great readers theater for young elementary school children.
Dani ❤️ Perspective of a Writer
Check out more picture book reviews @ Perspective of a Writer...

Three friends decide to catch the bird they spot in the woods. One little friend wants to try another approach but SHH! - they have a PLAN. Not the best one either as that plan turns into falling, splashing, and running!

I KNEW we had to read this book as soon as I saw the wonderful ART! And I was NOT disappointed... it is a truly beautiful book from the illustrations to the message... This is the kind of picture book I would LOVE to
Lauren Stoolfire
Clever, cute, and colorful. I expect this would be so much fun to read aloud for story time.
Ana
My cousin fell asleep midway through the book. Thank you Mr. Haughton!
Sylvester
5* art
4* story

The illustrations. My gosh, the illustrations. You know, illustrators don't get enough credit. How many of us have pictures in our heads that have traveled along with us throughout our lives, and then one day, purely by accident, we open a book, and there it is - it hits like a wall of memory - that picture. So familiar. All the colours leap to life, something that was beautiful and new and full of wonder - or frightening, or disturbing - it's all there. Can you tell me
Dolly
Nov 28, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: parents reading with their children
Shelves: childrens, humor, 2014
This is a very entertaining book about a group of four who are searching in the dark of night for something to catch. Three of the group are bigger and often tell the smallest (likely youngest) of the group repetitively to "Shh! We have a plan."

The humor comes from the futility of the group's plan and the silly results combined with the juxtaposition of the youngest's successful methods.

Does this book have a deeper meaning about kindness over stealth and force or listening to the wisdom of the
Alison
An utterly delightful read-aloud! It's hard to say who will enjoy it more - the reader or the audience. The two year-old on my lap last weekend enjoyed it every bit as much as I did, and we were both excited to "Read it again!"
Bex
I really like the illustrations in this boardbook - there's something really unique and cartoonish about them which makes them stand out from the crowd. The story is essentially a sequence of failed bird captures by four people tracking a bird through the woods - it's simple, but quite funny.

The narrative is repetitive, demonstrating the four people tracking the bird having pretty much exactly the same conversation multiple times over as they attempt to capture the bird in their nets. But the
Keshia Dahm
Feb 25, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: listofbetterment
Shh! We Have a Plan by Chris Haughton is a children's picturebook about a group of four individuals who have a plan that goes wrong, which involves searching and catching a bird during the night. Haughton uses the juxtaposition of the three older characters against the youngest character. In my understanding the three older characters embody the greed and the destructive nature of human beings, however, in contrast, the youngest embodies being generous, patient and loving towards the environment ...more
Ellie Morland
Oct 21, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The illustrations in this book are totally unique and made this book a very interesting read. This book is very entertaining as we follow 3 characters trying to catch a bird and failing. The repetition would make it an entertaining and easy read for lower KS1 and foundation stage and it would be fun to all join in on the action.
Sarah Brombley
Oct 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: friendship, nature
Haughton’s illustration continues to be beautiful and is particularly highlighted in this book as it’s utilised to show the difference between man and nature.
Useful lessons about how being kind works better than attack. But also about how some people don’t learn their lesson!
Zac Young
Great book. Style of pictures is nothing like I've seen before. If you like we're going on a bear hunt, then this is a must read.
David
Sep 15, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four black-ops solders take on an impossible night mission with little hope of success. Just kidding!

In the depths of a purple-blue night four night stalkers our out with their nets in hopes of coming across something to catch. Actually only three of the stalkers have nets, the smallest seems to be tagging along. When they come across a bird the Little One cannot help but call out "Hello, Birdie" but is quickly hushed. "Shh! We have a plan."

Following the Rule of Threes the older trio creep
Barbara
What looks to be four friends or four family members creep through the woods at night in search of prey. Three of them have nets--and a plan--to capture a bird. They fail, time and time again, while the smallest member of the party attracts a flock of birds with his friendliness, kindness, and offer of food. Of course, the others still don't learn from his example. Like me, many young readers will enjoy the story just for its amusement while others will see its life lessons about the impact of ...more
Margie
Aug 10, 2014 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
There are others who wish to capture a thing of beauty permanently. In his new title, Shh! We Have A Plan (Walker Books), Chris Haughton introduces us to four individuals, three of whom believe they have a strategy for success. The fourth has an entirely different approach.

My full review: http://bit.ly/1uxHhKi
Heidi-Marie
Cute and funny. The repetitiveness adds to the humor. I like this artist's style, too.

6/8/16 Used in Q is for... theme (because of Quiet). Good opener. Simple. Short. Repetitive to draw in their attention. I think they really liked the illustrations, too.
Eduardo Baskervill
This fun, simple book is a new favorite for the little one.
Joe Bertelloni
Categories/Genres for this class fulfilled by this book: Picture Books

Copyright Date: 2014

Estimate of age level of interest: Kindergarten - Grade 3

Estimate of reading level: Kindergarten

Brief description: Four friends attempt to catch a bird by being sneaking up on it with a net, only to find that being friendly works a lot better.

Identify at least 2 characteristics of this genre and subgenre and discuss how they appear in your book:
Two characteristics of pictures books are the use of text and
Alice Bennett
Jan 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: picture-books
I really liked this book. The style is unusual compared to other children's books, but it makes it a unique picture book with its blue colour pallete producing a feeling of calm and capturing the night-time setting. The use of repetition is good for young children as will encourage them to join in. The repeated 'sh' sound is also ideal for teaching Phonics. I might also use this book in conjunction with a lesson about respecting people's differences because the three big friends don't listen to ...more
Andrew
Award nominated Haughton created an adorable of 4 trackers, desperate to catch a bird. The smallest of the group keeps shouting, a BIRD! The others say, 'SHHH! We have a plan' Eventually the plan works...or does it?

Super cute illustrations, great storytime story for reading aloud, repetition, and fun!

RhiannaH
I loved this story; funny and very sweet! Could be used to introduce children to different physical movements; the children can copy the characters as they attempt to catch a 'bird'. Try alternative movements should also be encouraged and, where possible, can be adapted into the book.
Garrett
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: story-time
If like me you have friends that think their plans are fool-proof, but your friends are actually fools, you will find this book relatable.

Or is this a book about honey-over-vinegar?

Or is it a book about not messing with little birds when giant birds are around?

Maybe it's all three.
Adele
Dec 09, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is predictable and slight, but cute and amusing.
Jun 01, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Bought this as a gift for a friend's baby, and it's so cute! I adore the art style, which alone would have sold me, but it's also a cute, simple story, and seems great to read to kids.
Georgia Blake
Lovely picturebook to use in KS1, lots of repetition and I'm sure young children would also find it funny
Charlotte
Dec 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: i-read
I love this book because it says "shhh" on almost every page. This book is fun for me to read by myself.

Charlotte
(Age 5)
Maki
Sep 27, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is another hilarious book by Chris Haughton. About hunting for birds and changing your plans.
Evy Maurojorge
Chris Houghton puts on a humorous story through “Shh! I have a Plan” This book would be great for Kindergarten and preschool-aged classrooms. This age would be able to stay along becuase it has minimal words and on each page has fun-engaging pictures. It also helps to develop storytelling skills. This is a wonderful book to have in a classroom because the teacher can practice using the pictures and the characters' expressions to understand what is going on and to try to desect the story, even if ...more

• Stuck
  • The Adventures of the Dish and the Spoon
  • This Moose Belongs to Me
  • This Book Just Ate My Dog!
  • The Way Back Home (The Boy, #3)
  • It's a Book
  • Polar Bear's Underwear
  • The Hueys in... It Wasn't Me
  • The Hueys in the New Sweater
  • Warning: Do Not Open This Book!
  • T. Rex Time Machine: (Funny Books for Kids, Dinosaur Book, Time Travel Adventure  Book)
  • Wolfie the Bunny
  • Tidy
  • Hoot Owl, Master of Disguise
  • Hide and Seek
  • Whale in a Fishbowl
  • Snow White in New York
  • The Odd Egg
Chris Haughton is an Irish illustrator and author living in London. He was listed in Time magazine's 'DESIGN 100' for the work he has been doing forfair trade clothing companyPeople Tree. His debut book 'A Bit Lost' was first published in English in September 2010. It has been translated into 15 languages and won 9 awards in 7 countries including the Dutch Picturebook of the Year.
'Oh No George'